First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 181 182 183
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2015-12-31 02:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Seemed working at first. Once I used UL>Diffusion>Mighty Guard, it kept recognizing Diffusion still active (console red text).
Same occurs when I manually clicked MG off.
Waiting for Diffusion to cooldown completely and casted again, same.
Next, I used UL>Diffusion>Carcharian Verve. This time, it did NOT detect Diffusion active. Weird.

I will further troubleshoot tomorrow during Salvage, which is where I notice it the most.

Okay. I can't understand why. No matter how fast I use JAs with spells, they call buff_change correctly, and Mote's functions really don't do much else than just pick up the same variables, so unless there's something specific to these JA/spells (my BLU has nothing, so I'm testing on mage) or something in his files that I'm overlooking, I'm at a loss. Sorry.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-31 02:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Seemed working at first. Once I used UL>Diffusion>Mighty Guard, it kept recognizing Diffusion still active (console red text).
Same occurs when I manually clicked MG off.
Waiting for Diffusion to cooldown completely and casted again, same.
Next, I used UL>Diffusion>Carcharian Verve. This time, it did NOT detect Diffusion active. Weird.

I will further troubleshoot tomorrow during Salvage, which is where I notice it the most.

Okay. I can't understand why. No matter how fast I use JAs with spells, they call buff_change correctly, and Mote's functions really don't do much else than just pick up the same variables, so unless there's something specific to these JA/spells (my BLU has nothing, so I'm testing on mage) or something in his files that I'm overlooking, I'm at a loss. Sorry.
Thanks for checking anyways. I can't always replicate it, don't understand why either. If I notice it's equipping stuff based on "active" buffs, I reload the lua and that seems to clear it. Annoying, but can live with it for now.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-31 04:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Still happening. :3

SMFH whyyyyyyy

Edit: Could this be the cause?
Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if state.Buff[buff] ~= nil then
        state.Buff[buff] = gain
    end
end
 Asura.Spearus
Server: Asura
user: spearbx
By Asura.Spearus 2015-12-31 11:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

been having a runtime error, the msg is as follows:
"GearSwap: Lua runtime error: GearSwap/refresh.lua:234: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

im not very GS savvy so any help is appreciated, Thank you in advance.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2015-12-31 17:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Still happening. :3

SMFH whyyyyyyy

Edit: Could this be the cause?
Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if state.Buff[buff] ~= nil then
        state.Buff[buff] = gain
    end
end

What this code is doing is maintaining the table that is used to track the buffs that you want to track. "gain" is a boolean: true when you gained it, false when you lose it. Somehow, it seems like it's not always getting called properly when you lose the buff, though. Getting rid of it will just remove the functionality altogether (equipping that type of gear during BLU spells while certain buffs are -supposedly- on).

Asura.Spearus said: »
Hello,

been having a runtime error, the msg is as follows:
"GearSwap: Lua runtime error: GearSwap/refresh.lua:234: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

im not very GS savvy so any help is appreciated, Thank you in advance.

The error is within GearSwap's files itself, which will occasionally (but rarely) run into a runtime error. If it's a common issue for you, then you'll have to provide as much detail as possible to help us replicate the issue for ourselves. i.e. What are you doing when this happens?
By likard 2016-01-01 11:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,
I am trying to use gearswap for blue mage and it is proving to be very frustrating. I used the sample lua from https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/BLU.lua

and modified my gear into it and simplified some of the spellsets. Problem is, I have 2 issues not working.

Fastcast for blue spells does not equip any fast cast gear...just the midcast gear. I have the same issue with geo when I try to have a different set of fastcast gear for geo spells. What causes this to not work and how do I fix it?

Issue 2: diffusion state doesn't ever equip relic feet when diffusion is activated. I am only able to get them to work by putting the relic feet into the midcast for buffs. Reading back in the forum, Speedyjim, do you use battlemod? Im wondering if that somehow is affecting buff recognition.

Here is my lua.
https://github.com/williamfoley323/Luas/blob/master/bluemage

Any help would be appreciated.
By Dunigs 2016-01-01 11:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
Fastcast for blue spells does not equip any fast cast gear...just the midcast gear. I have the same issue with geo when I try to have a different set of fastcast gear for geo spells. What causes this to not work and how do I fix it?

Can you confirm this using //gs showswaps? Often times people new to GearSwap do not understand that you can not physically see precast equipment changes in the equipment window, unless there is no matching piece for that slot in the midcast (i.e. if you have Swith Cape in precast and no cape specified in midcast, you should see Swith Cape change happen). Generally they are happening, and //gs showswaps will print everything out to your chat window so you can confirm.

Unfortunately just going to leave the diffusion issue alone since it seems to be something more serious and I'm not too well versed in Mote's libraries. I will say battlemod should have nothing to do with it because it shouldn't be doing any kind of chat log parsing.
By likard 2016-01-01 12:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, the fastcast was equipping. I was able to see fastcast gear for other non blue spells because, as you said, I didn't have a midcat for them. Thank you for clarifying that.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-01 23:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
Issue 2: diffusion state doesn't ever equip relic feet when diffusion is activated. I am only able to get them to work by putting the relic feet into the midcast for buffs. Reading back in the forum, Speedyjim, do you use battlemod? Im wondering if that somehow is affecting buff recognition.

Here is my lua.
https://github.com/williamfoley323/Luas/blob/master/bluemage

Any help would be appreciated.
I do use battlemod, though my problem isn't Relic feet not equipping with Diffusion, it's them equipping when gearswap believes Diffusion is active when it isn't.

Which spell are you trying to use Diffusion with, btw?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-01-03 08:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way for me to use Japanese through the Lua API? I know nothing about encoding, but basically...sending a string to the game does not work at all (translates to nonsense once it hits the game).

EDIT: Nevermind, found it~
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-03 19:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there no way to use /raw to bypass gearswap?

Trying to deal with this clunky thing SE implemented with geo-spells where you can cast bubbles off-target

Was thinking something like--
Code
	if spell.skill == "Geomancy" and string.find(spell.name,"Geo-") then
		equip(sets.magics.fc.Geo)
		cancel_spell()
		send_command("input /raw '"..spell.name.."' <st>")
		return
	end

Typing /raw /ma cure Omnys in-game bypasses gearswap but send_command("input /raw /ma cure omnys") (just a test I was running) does not work.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-01-03 19:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about the raw stuff, but, why exactly do you want to cancel it (I've never played GEO, so not sure what the problem is)? I'm not understanding how you want it to work, because just from this clip it looks like you're just going to be tossing yourself in a loop. Every time you cast a GEO spell, you want it equip FC gear, cancel the spell, then reissue it with st? Why wouldn't you just allow it to equip your FC gear when you actually start casting the spell?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-03 20:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cast Geo-spells offset of the current target, but Gearswap hasn't quite implemented that so if you try with Gearswap running, it just casts on the target.

It has its uses, and would be nice to use without unloading/reloading gearswap each time I want to offset a bubble.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-01-03 20:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
You can cast Geo-spells offset of the current target, but Gearswap hasn't quite implemented that so if you try with Gearswap running, it just casts on the target.

It has its uses, and would be nice to use without unloading/reloading gearswap each time I want to offset a bubble.

The Raw command means nothing to gearswap, so it won't work on an Input level via Gearswap coding, it's something that is recognized by shortcuts and is not something Gearswap will recognise at this time.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-03 20:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was afraid of that. Is there anyway to cast a spell from menus without Gearswap intervening?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-01-03 20:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was afraid of that. Is there anyway to cast a spell from menus without Gearswap intervening?

I can work on something but I don't have an immediate answer it is an unusual problem which I never encountered before, I would just use names of targets using shortcuts and it always fired where I needed.
Code
 if spell.target.raw:contains('<st') then
    target='<lastst>'
  end

I'm thinking something like this would be the basis of a work around, but I've not messed with raw:contains a great deal.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-01-04 09:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought i read something earlier on it, but I can't find it now that i need it of course. I exported my equipment to a lua file which had:

legs = { name="Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'Mag. Acc.+25 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+25','CHR+2','Mag.Acc.+12','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}}

so in my blm lua, I tried to define gear.nuke_legs = { name="Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'Mag. Acc.+25 "mag.Atk.Bns."+25','CHR+2','Mag.Acc.+12','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}}

in my gearset, i have legs=gear.nuke_legs but it won't load these legs. On my gear, it says it's Mag ACC + 37 and MAB +40. So i tried to delete the last 2 augments and just load the 37 and 40 under their respective traits...but it won't load that either.

What can I do to load this specific piece of gear? I have another Merlinic Shalwar that I use for magic bursting, so just naming the piece of gear won't work without distinguishing the augments. I hope all this makes sense? I'm definitely new to all of this
By Dunigs 2016-01-04 09:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you getting an error when loading your file or is it just not working and file appears to be running fine otherwise? The syntax honestly looks fine to me, and I do the same thing for all my merlinic pieces. You may need to define a blank gear table before adding on the nuke_legs layer, which should throw a compile error is why I ask.

Additionally, I'd say leave them as export has. I think there are two slots for acc/att augments and the game visually condenses them to a single image for us (except for pet augments). While I haven't tried condensing them to a single augment in my gearswap, I'd imagine it would cause problems and it definitely works fine for me when separated.
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-01-04 09:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

<edit> It is working now. I made a new blm lua that just worked with this piece and it subbed in and out just fine...so i copied and pasted everything over to my original. I must have had some kind of error in there but i triple checked everything before i came on here. Not sure what the deal was, but thanks for the help!
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-04 14:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

I can work on something but I don't have an immediate answer it is an unusual problem which I never encountered before, I would just use names of targets using shortcuts and it always fired where I needed.
Code
 if spell.target.raw:contains('<st') then
    target='<lastst>'
  end

I'm thinking something like this would be the basis of a work around, but I've not messed with raw:contains a great deal.

I appreciate the effort but I don't think this works, because, even with gearswap unloaded, lastst after casting an offset Geo, just says the target's name.
 Siren.Khary
Server: Siren
user: Lizzzzard
By Siren.Khary 2016-01-05 09:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please tell me if Gearswap will use/equip items that are in the Mog Wardrobe?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-01-05 09:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort of. By the time GS knows if your action was successful, it's obviously too late to equip precast gear, defeating the purpose. If you want to prevent this from happening based a condition that can be recognized before the WS attempts to go off (such as TP or recast timer), you'd have to write a rule for it in your precast rules.
Code
if spell.type=="WeaponSkill" then
	if player.tp < 1000 then
		cancel_spell()
		return
	else
		-- handle gear
	end
elseif spell.type=="JobAbility" then
	if windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()[spell.recast_id] > 0 then
		cancel_spell()
		return
	else
		-- handle gear
	end
end

I'm not sure why you find your macro worth mentioning though. Or why you would be executing a text file for something as simple as a weaponskill.

bottom to top

Id rather give to much info than to little. Didn't know if widowers macro function did something slightly different that would trigger this behavior.

Ty for the solution I'll implant it tonight
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-05 10:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Khary said: »
Can someone please tell me if Gearswap will use/equip items that are in the Mog Wardrobe?
Yes.
 Carbuncle.Calout
Server: Carbuncle
user: Calout
By Carbuncle.Calout 2016-01-05 21:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly new to gearswap and having some trouble with my cor lua cannot get it to equip my DW sets.

If anyone could take a look and tell me whats wrong or what im doing wrong would be a great help.
By kazekostryge 2016-01-06 01:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some help. getting this error:

Gearswap: Lua runtime error: Gearswap/flow.lua:98:
User Event Error: ...ogram Files (x86)/Windower4//addons/libs/extdata.lua:1915: "lower is not defined for numbers
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-08 10:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Calout said: »
if cor_sub_weapons:contains(player.equipment.main) then
      --if player.equipment.main == gear.Stave then
        if S{'NIN', 'DNC'}:contains(player.sub_job) and cor_sub_weapons:contains(player.equipment.sub) then
            state.CombatForm:set("DW")
        else
Are you /nin or /dnc when trying to DW? Are you main & off-handing one of these?
Code
cor_sub_weapons = S{"Arendsi Fleuret", "Vanir Knife", "Sabebus", "Aphotic Kukri", "Atoyac", "Surcouf's Jambiya"}

Line 409 has 2 errors
Code
sets.engaged.Acc.DW = set_combine(sets.engaged.Melee.DW

Should be sets.engaged.DW.Acc & you don't have a set called sets.engaged.Melee.DW
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-08 10:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple days ago, Flippant showed me this.

windower.register_event('zone change', function(new, old)
    --do stuff
end)

I'm about to implement it, but I'm wondering if I need to, and how to, unregister an event after I'm done with it.

After zone-changing, I'd like to equip all my refresh gear on PLD. So great, stick this in pld.lua. What happens when I change to GEO and change back to PLD? Does the new registration overwrite the previous or add on to it? Will the second/third/fourth loads of pld.lua register multiple copies of the same event?
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-08 10:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

kazekostryge said: »
Need some help. getting this error:

Gearswap: Lua runtime error: Gearswap/flow.lua:98:
User Event Error: ...ogram Files (x86)/Windower4//addons/libs/extdata.lua:1915: "lower is not defined for numbers
You're getting this error when attempting to load which lua file? Please post it as there is a flow error in it.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-01-08 11:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple days ago, Flippant showed me this.

windower.register_event('zone change', function(new, old)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;--do stuff
end)

I'm about to implement it, but I'm wondering if I need to, and how to, unregister an event after I'm done with it.

After zone-changing, I'd like to equip all my refresh gear on PLD. So great, stick this in pld.lua. What happens when I change to GEO and change back to PLD? Does the new registration overwrite the previous or add on to it? Will the second/third/fourth loads of pld.lua register multiple copies of the same event?

No. The events will unregister when the the file is unloaded/reset.
 Phoenix.Bunas
Server: Phoenix
user: Teapo
By Phoenix.Bunas 2016-01-11 16:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

was wondering if the blu thing where, its not recognizing buffs as active or non active, seems to think i am eternally in chain affinity and also there seems to be a problem with diffusion where its not equipping my Lulaza charuqs. Anyone else still having this problem? Seems to go away if I reload the lua but instantly resurface when i CA again.
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 181 182 183