Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-01-10 06:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
Anyone tried DNC/nin? Figured it'd be helpful with samba steps back up cures. Did galka on normal and it was okay till I caught meikyo(sp?) And died then I dc'd and didn't make it back till 25%. Anyone try it on another or harder settings?

Dancer works well on the mithra to lower evasion with Quickstep + Pyrrhic Kleos + Desperate Flourish, and can tank with Fan Dance if the PLD gets charmed. I usually try to hold hate on DNC around 50% so I am the one that gets charmed. If the PLD is charmed the BRD sleeps them, MNK kills the pet, and DNC tanks mithra. Animated flourish and Divine walts are nice emnity tools with fan dance's emnity boost, and you can eat a few rampages with a fresh fan dance if needed. Once PLD is uncharmed SCH can plant emnity back on the PLD. While this may not be the "optimal" set, it works for us since we don't have RNGs to throw at it yet.

Our group for her is PLD, WAR(Mythic 119), MNK(Relic 119), DNC(Mythic 119), BRD(4 songs), and either SCH or WHM.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-01-10 10:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone calculate the evasion level of each of these or have a swag at it? From sounds of it mr has the highest evasion just trying to clue into how much accuracy gear is really needed along with sushi.
By pchan 2014-01-10 10:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

MR has 1200 eva roughly (very diff)
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-10 11:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I'm seeing a lot of strategies for high-end people. Is there is strategy to beat normal AA for people with no REM, mules and only mediocre equipments from ROE? What would be the recommended setup for normal AA, assuming the players don't have delve or skirmish gear (only some but none of the max upgrades). Pld would use a skirmish shield if required.

Just start with very easy difficulty and work your way up, for the new/undergeared type of player just be all geared out in RoE gear at a minimum.
I would recommend starting with AA Hume, have the DD /nin and just take it slow and steady.

With AA Hume being the easiest and an abundant supply of coral orbs on the AH, AA Hume is your ideal starting point and everyone can get their 119 hats done quick and cheap.
After that i'd move on to GK and MR.
By Ravenn42 2014-01-10 11:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can any of the Ark Angel fights be done solo/duo? Just looking for a faster way to get pages for AF server is dead
By Selindrile 2014-01-10 15:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thought I'd drop this here because I found it interesting, I was doing AA MR on difficult yesterday with a JP PLD, (Timed out at 3% though we were RNG RNG WHM PLD BRD COR) after the BC though, the PLD said:

"JP PT PLD PLD THF THF BRD COR" - I thought that was interesting and worth mentioning.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2014-01-10 15:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
Just thought I'd drop this here because I found it interesting, I was doing AA MR on difficult yesterday with a JP PLD, (Timed out at 3% though we were RNG RNG WHM PLD BRD COR) after the BC though, the PLD said:

"JP PT PLD PLD THF THF BRD COR" - I thought that was interesting and worth mentioning.
seems like a buff issue if you're timing out pld rngx2. we clear this in about 16min on vd same setup.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-10 15:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

16 mins is about what we do with RNGx2 COR as well. Your RNGs probably didn't have enough ranged accuracy in gear.
By Selindrile 2014-01-10 15:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said: »
seems like a buff issue if you're timing out pld rngx2. we clear this in about 16min on vd same setup.
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
16 mins is about what we do with RNGx2 COR as well. Your RNGs probably didn't have enough ranged accuracy in gear.

I'm aware, there was a number of reasons, Rng seemed a bit slow but I don't know diddly bout Rng tbh, deaths happened, Whm didn't have Arise so 2 more minutes of Sickness, Pld used Fealty too early and got charmed, did get her shadowbound but it didn't last long enough, both RNG did have 119 weapons though.

I shouldn't have even bothered mentioning that I suppose, I was mostly wanting to share that apparently the JP thought PLD PLD THF THF COR BRD was a good setup and found that interesting.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-01-10 15:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

THFs aren't terrible DD, you should be able to get by with any DD really, as long as you can hit them consistently and not die.

I imagine the reasoning behind the 2THFs is so you can keep feint up half the time you're fighting. Even without Buffs and Sushi, a good Feint will let you wail on them with capped ACC. Even the PLDs could contribute decent damage in that setup.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-01-10 15:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Feint lasts 30 seconds and lose their efficiency around 20 seconds. Without sushi/madrigal, you'll feel the effect of feint go away in about 15 seconds. Two feints won't do squat if you're seriously lacking in acc.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-01-10 17:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the effect was supposed to start at -50% and tick down to something like -20% when it wears, with a static -50 Evasion on top from 5/5 Feint with relic augment. Since it's percentage based even when it's potency is lower it should have a large effect even at the lower end of its spectrum because of how accuracy is calculated.

However looking at the wikis all I see is the ffxiclopedia wiki saying it ticks down with no claimed final value and a testing source link to a nonexistent page.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-01-10 17:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying evasion -50% is completely misleading. I'm guessing this came from the fact that it increased someone's hitrate by 50%. It is evasion -100, pants adding up to another -50.

Feint is not going to magically cap a floored hit rate at any point.

Edit: This information comes from SE, and they mention nothing about it decaying or the values of such.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-01-10 17:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you link to SE claiming it's -100 EVA?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-01-10 18:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/1685.html
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4047290092/ffojp-22/ref=nosim

Edit: The 150 on the Feint page is including Culottes bonus (http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/26044.html).
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-01-10 18:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, but those links are completely useless to me lol.

Can someone translate?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2014-01-10 18:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation

~Saves Flip the trouble~
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-01-10 18:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok then, with that and a quick test, I can say it isn't 50% for sure.

I retract some of my previous statement then.

Feint is still a fairly potent debuff being -50-150 EVA for half the battle in a 2 thf setup. Obviously not an ideal setup, but should still be doable.
By pchan 2014-01-11 11:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose the idea is to take advantage of thf's gimp DD potential as well as TA, collaborator feint and TA to transfer the enmity onto the pld. However that won't work for VD (and I doubt it works for difficult) because thief will not survive the random 2k ws or aoe. Going pup with ilevel 119 is probably better for hate and damage probably.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-01-11 11:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP works fine in difficult, pretty much a gimp mnk with enmity transfer. Would need some heavy buffers for a chance at VD with pup only DD though.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-11 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »

Never done AA in a JP pet, but JP on my server also /shout for RNG if they're doing VD.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2014-01-11 15:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
I suppose the idea is to take advantage of thf's gimp DD potential as well as TA, collaborator feint and TA to transfer the enmity onto the pld. However that won't work for VD (and I doubt it works for difficult) because thief will not survive the random 2k ws or aoe. Going pup with ilevel 119 is probably better for hate and damage probably.
scherzo says hi to aoe that is, and weve done all but ev w/ thf on vd, so yeah, again you're wrong, the only thing that really poses any type of threat is if no shadows > multihit ws from hume w/ brazen/ms.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-01-11 15:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »

Been doing these on THF in very hard for weeks cause WAR/NIN got boring, its almost a joke aside from EV. When going with PLD MNK THF, the THF basically ensures the MNK stays alive while also increasing their damage output by reducing time casting shadows and of course, feint. I prefer THF the most for MR, because of said reasons, and also because stacking mercy stroke is always about a 3k ws, which is a very good average foor WS damage on MR, and doesn't rely on accuracy at all. On top of that, when i do have hate, i have a tendency to take less damage on THF, specially from weaponskills like rampage which often don't get past 3 shadows, which im sure is attributed to the evasion bonus, however slim it may be now with all the evasion everyone has now from ilvl gear, but none the less.

Having done these on THF/NIN, WAR/NIN, and DRG/NIN reliably, i can say for sure any DD job is fine barring you know how to cast utsusemi.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-13 21:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can clear 3 mobs in VD DM with just 4 RNG and 1 COR for DD. We used 3 119 guns and 1 119 bow. Had RNGx4 COR in 1 party, PLDx2 WHMx2 in the other and a BRD swapping between. Pretty nice opportunity for people like me that don't run in big linkshells (R.I.P. Catalyst ;_;).
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-01-13 22:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Can clear 3 mobs in VD DM with just 4 RNG and 1 COR for DD. We used 3 119 guns and 1 119 bow. Had RNGx4 COR in 1 party, PLDx2 WHMx2 in the other and a BRD swapping between. Pretty nice opportunity for people like me that don't run in big linkshells (R.I.P. Catalyst ;_;).

Can likely kill 2 mobs in VD with two less RNG's too!
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-01-13 22:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

you could probably clear 4 if you hold the galka and just do taru
 Carbuncle.Dagget
Server: Carbuncle
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-01-13 22:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you added a second COR you could easily clear 4. Coursers Roll is massive. This is assuming your rangers are very strong on the job.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-01-14 03:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DM II noob question:

Do you get a personal pool (chapters) for each AA you kill + 1 at the end or pt pool only for each AA + 1 personal pool at the end?

Thx in advance.
By pchan 2014-01-14 04:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

you only get a personal pool once the bc is complete, each AA has individual drops.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23