Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-02-08 19:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, cause my group has been going 4 or 5/6 on 119 materials, a bit less for a double drop of a 109 material as well. (This is on demons also, and the other was Anticans recently.) The drop rates are decent, don't listen to Pchan, especially if you can do VD.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-02-08 20:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
So apparently the BC are still packed, plutons are down to 130k ish which is garbage, even 6 man DM is starting to fade which I assume is due to TH actualy being efficient in D/VD single battles (forcing craft mats to drop more often).

Difficult SKC20 battles have ~1/6 chance of dropping from experience, take 5 minutes to kill. SKC20 battle are way too long to be worth the gil/hour. Cannot break 4M per hour spamming SKC20 the fastest of which is demons since you don't have to zone.
Just stop.
By pchan 2014-02-09 04:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
Really, cause my group has been going 4 or 5/6 on 119 materials, a bit less for a double drop of a 109 material as well. (This is on demons also, and the other was Anticans recently.) The drop rates are decent, don't listen to Pchan, especially if you can do VD.

No.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Server: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2014-02-12 03:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if Arrogance Incarnate scales with difficulty? Thinking of trying to lowman spam AAEV for sword, with THF PLD BRD, or would it just do too much damage?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-02-12 07:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So I heard someone duo`d EV normal with BST+SMN, anybody ever tried this setup? What pet would the bst use and what kind of gear would they need?
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2014-02-13 21:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone can confirm hp on AA's on D or VD?

Thanks
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-02-13 21:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
Anyone can confirm hp on AA's on D or VD?

Thanks

Hume should have around 235-240k HP on difficult. At least assuming scoreboard was working and I'm remembering correctly.
By pchan 2014-02-14 01:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

THF PLF BRD lol ? You will get raped. Mdk tried once with WHM+MNK duo on normal and failed because it spams debuff and does heavy damage. It could work with something like MNK BRD WHM or outside buffs plus MNKx2 WHM. You'll need at least one whm if you melee it..
 Leviathan.Kidnoftle
Server: Leviathan
user: Kidnoftle
By Leviathan.Kidnoftle 2014-02-14 15:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyera said: »
Does anyone know if Arrogance Incarnate scales with difficulty? Thinking of trying to lowman spam AAEV for sword, with THF PLD BRD, or would it just do too much damage?

That would actually probably work assuming your brd is of the gjallar99/daur99 variety. Might run close to the time limit but yeah: march march mad scherzo, sushi+1, appropriate acc sets, the thf will probably spend some of the time out of AoE if you need time to get hps up. Have the brd spam finales so it causes EV to rebuff instead of diagaII/banishga3.

As long as scherzo never drops I don't see a reason it can't be done with that set up. Might even work w/ a daur90 brd if you sacrifice madrigal and just amp up your tp sets w/ acc. Def need good/great gear to do it though.

edit: weapon droprates on norm are ***though, so expect do do at least 15-20 before you see a weap lol.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Server: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2014-02-14 15:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kidnoftle said: »
Lakshmi.Kyera said: »

That would actually probably work assuming your brd is of the gjallar99/daur99 variety. Might run close to the time limit but yeah: march march mad scherzo, sushi+1, appropriate acc sets, the thf will probably spend some of the time out of AoE if you need time to get hps up. Have the brd spam finales so it causes EV to rebuff instead of diagaII/banishga3.

As long as scherzo never drops I don't see a reason it can't be done with that set up. Might even work w/ a daur90 brd if you sacrifice madrigal and just amp up your tp sets w/ acc. Def need good/great gear to do it though.

edit: weapon droprates on norm are ***though, so expect do do at least 15-20 before you see a weap lol.

I probably should have clarified that I meant VE or E.

Also I got the drop yesterday from a Difficult, so I guess I don't have to do this after all.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-02-14 15:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you need ochain 100% to do this or can i get away with doing it with spark -3 damage taken,till i get done with ochain?
 Leviathan.Kidnoftle
user: Kidnoftle
By Leviathan.Kidnoftle 2014-02-14 15:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats! Should be doable on normal regardless. You 100% need ochain. Probably can get by w/o aegis, but it would still provide a nice safety net for banishgas.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2014-02-15 00:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question about Ranger on AAs. I have pretty decent accuracy on difficult with just a brd, while using the eminent gun. Anni will be ready next week and soon after it will be 119 level. Even with Anni 119 is it necessary to have a brd and a cor for VD. I personally have not tried VD so I am curious before I attempt it. Brd and Cor with eminent gun or wait for the 119 anni?
By pchan 2014-02-15 03:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you level just for this *** ? Anyway not a ranger but on melee the gap is guge so being decent on D is not going to provide good results on VD. D > VD takes about twice as much time using the same setups.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2014-02-15 03:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope RNG was 2nd 75 after blm like 9 years ago. Just never made a relic for it. Question was do you need a brd and a cor for VD or just a brd? D is easy with a brd and non relic so the question is after 119 relic with the boosts to racc and the +skill would the setup be pld rng rng brd cor whm for VD run?
By pchan 2014-02-15 03:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone and their sister uses outside cors but inside, nope you don't need. If you are gimp you are better off with a geo inside.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-02-15 06:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said: »
Quick question about Ranger on AAs. I have pretty decent accuracy on difficult with just a brd, while using the eminent gun. Anni will be ready next week and soon after it will be 119 level. Even with Anni 119 is it necessary to have a brd and a cor for VD. I personally have not tried VD so I am curious before I attempt it. Brd and Cor with eminent gun or wait for the 119 anni?

I did VD MR, setup was 2x RNG, PLD, WHM, COR, BRD, fight lasted 13 mins, brd started w/ SV, but that's not the point, even with non SV songs and rolls downs I still had pretty good acc, would say capped.

(On iPhone ATM can't post gear) but yea practically had acc on every slot I could and used sushi.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-02-25 15:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i heard somone emntion one AA fights is soloable is this true or were they confused? lol
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-02-25 15:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
i heard somone emntion one AA fights is soloable is this true or were they confused? lol

Yeah I often solo'd Easy Mode TT on scholar, T1 nuking and helix spells
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2014-02-25 15:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a vid of a SCH do TT-Normal a lil while back:
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-02-25 15:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if Pup could do it

is Taru the only soloable one?
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-02-25 17:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said: »
Nope RNG was 2nd 75 after blm like 9 years ago. Just never made a relic for it. Question was do you need a brd and a cor for VD or just a brd? D is easy with a brd and non relic so the question is after 119 relic with the boosts to racc and the +skill would the setup be pld rng rng brd cor whm for VD run?
My group does WHM RNGx2 PLD COR BRD. For elvaan, the COR switches to SMN for earthen armor. So yes, your set up would be ideal. The COR can do some damage, but they lack Decoy shot so be careful pulling hate.

pchan said: »
Everyone and their sister uses outside cors but inside, nope you don't need. If you are gimp you are better off with a geo inside.
A GEO is useless. The luopan dies too fast and the GEO would be wasting MP casting it over and over.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-25 18:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing AA's is a real pain in the *** for everyone else on the server trying to get in to AA fights. Also, you're wasting your time.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-02-25 23:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ya ill remember to remember them when they dont invite me cuz there too job specific. lol
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2014-03-28 09:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

what is a good set up for Divine Might v2 all 5 Normal+ fight?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-28 09:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said: »
what is a good set up for Divine Might v2 all 5 Normal+ fight?

We did a 12-man run last night on Normal. For Difficult, if your 12-man team isn't geared/skilled to win, you can go with a full alliance of 18 and just take Party#2 and multiply it.

Party#1: PLDx2 WHMx2 THF BRD
Party#2: RNGx4 BRD COR
Party#3: RNGx4 BRD COR (Add Party#3 for Difficult)

EDIT: There's some wiggle room here on jobs in the event you don't have access to 8 RNG's. I've had NIN, MNK, GEO, SMN etc in my DM II runs before.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-03-31 10:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Gonna be pretty rough on your THF trying to survive Arrogance Incarnate. Or do you have one of the bards /smn?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-31 10:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Gonna be pretty rough on your THF trying to survive Arrogance Incarnate. Or do you have one of the bards /smn?

If we do the hallway strategy, my THF's know they're at risk from AOE's and TP moves, which is why I don't have them melee full-time.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23