Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 70 71 72
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2013-12-25 19:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Volker uses provoke and has a special WS called Berserk-Ruf that gives him an Attack Boost, unsure of the amount.
[+]
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2013-12-25 19:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also have seen Trion use Royal Bash(No clue if it stuns, if so duration was short) and Royal Savior, which gave him a defense boost, as special weapon skills.
 Siren.Kentai
Server: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-25 22:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, they fixed healing breath on trusts! One weird thing I'm seeing though... my wyvern places the trusts before me on the healing breath list rofl. Also Shantotto... why the hell does she not use a staff is she's the Retribution quest NPC... she could at least melee with it and use Spirit taker to get her MP back...

Such a great opportunity missed ><
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-25 22:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

She use a staff in Dissidia too, no idea why they didn't add it.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-25 22:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its safe to say Ajido is better than Shantotto in every way.

Shantotto: She does not Auto-Attack, she spams nukes back to back always using the highest tier and a random element unless the monster has to low health, she will use lower tiers for killing blows. She also will not cast or perform any actions from what I could see when she has hate. Overall she seems to just be a standard BLM, which is fairly lackluster and drags her down.

Ajido-Marujido: He will Auto-Attack with a Mammet H2H Style(looks like he is constantly using force push on everything), he spams nukes back to back in exactly the same way as Shantotto, lower tiers to finish mobs off and such. While he has hate he will still Auto-Attack, and he can even provide cure and enfeebling support! Overall, I think he is a BLM/RDM like he was in the Windy Mission line, making him much more effective.

To compare damage per nuke. Shantotto hit a Fluffy Sheep(Lv.100) for 1965 with Thunder V. Ajido hit the same Sheep seconds later with a Thunder V for 1948. Ajido's melee DMG alone should more than make up for his mediocre nuke differences, and the differences themselves are likely due to nothing more than a higher INT level since Shantotto is likely a BLM/BLM instead of just a BLM/nothingatall.

Next update we need NPCs to get Magic Damage as a stat, since right now its massively lacking, T5 Nukes are only hitting for 2k where they should do much more, T2s I have seen are in the 400s or so, with a 119 weapon thats no different than how all NPCs were last update.

Also I agree Shantotto should have a Staff, at very least they need to give her a metric ****-ton of Magic Damage to make her nukes far stronger than the others due to that handicap.
By bigdave1978 2013-12-25 22:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I got shantoto with rank 6 windy and all warp quest done and blm af and her wsnm done as well
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-25 22:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless someone with the other 3, Mission 6-2, and the Warp II Quest finished can not unlock her, think I will throw it up confirmed that those are the unlocking conditions. If anyone has gotten her without Warp II be done would good to know too.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-12-25 22:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Denied the quest with the warp II quest open~
 Fenrir.Minibuddha
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Minibuddha 2013-12-25 23:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm this.

Was rank 10 windy. No CoP beaten, no ToAU beaten. Just completed her 3 quests to get Warp II. I then got the ability to gain her trust magic and got it.

Perhaps just rank 10 is needed? not sure?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-25 23:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you have Ajido, Volker, and Trion as well?
By Xavierr 2013-12-26 00:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

forgive my noobishness but I can not find Ajido anywhere in heavens tower. Is wiki wrong on this location or am I just blind?
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-26 00:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't speak directly to Ajido, it's an npc in windy woods. Check the OP on this thread, hit the spoiler message for the magic dmg npcs and it'll tell you who you need to talk to and where they are.
By Xavierr 2013-12-26 00:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

that OP got updated since I looked at it last I guess, ty ^^
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-26 00:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

np ^^
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-12-26 03:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

She used both h2h and staff if I remember correctly, and engaged with H2H for Shield of Diplomacy as well.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-26 04:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »

She used both h2h and staff if I remember correctly, and engaged with H2H for Shield of Diplomacy as well.
In either case its better than she has now, from what I can tell she literally just stands there unless she is casting a nuke, even H2H without WSs like Ajido has would be better than that.
By Athoz 2013-12-26 06:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mlrlohki said: »
It looks like you have to have gotten all the other Trust spells to date, plus completed all of Shantotto's quests, up to the Warp II spell. You do not, however, have to have completed ASA (I'm on the last fight but haven't finished it yet) to have gotten her. I went after picking up Ajido and all I got was the same couple of messages, but after swinging around to grab Volker and Trion, I came back and she gave me the cutscenes to get Shantotto.

Same for me, was only able to get Shantotto after getting the other 3 new trust npcs. Oh and I havn't done any windy rank missions so it has nothing to do with it.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-26 07:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we have basically just narrowed it down to completing the Warp II quest and unlocking the other 3 'advanced' Trust NPCs. Kinda surprised they made it so simple, made it seem like such a big secret, a lil disappointed in both that and Shantotto herself, they tried to hype her up a bit with her CS and lack of info only for it to turn out this way. v_v
By Akutenshi 2013-12-26 08:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I can't unlock Ajido yet. I'm rank 7 windy. I was able to get Volker and Trion. Everytime I try to talk to Ajido he says something about his brother and that's it. Can't unlock him. I have not done the warp II quest on this character though. I'm going to try that and see if it unlocks.
 Shiva.Zhaine
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Zhaine 2013-12-26 08:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ajido-Marujido
Job(s): BLM/RDM
Weapon(s): Mammet Hand-to-Hand
Weapon Skills: None
Job Abilities: None
Spells: Cure I~IV, Elemental Nukes I~V, Slow, Dispel
Obtainment: Must complete Trust: Windurst, must complete mission 5-2 in any city, then talk to Apururu in Windurst Woods at (H-9)
Notes: Obtainment can be blocked by certain Quests/Missions. Will not attack with Elemental Nukes when being targeted by enemies, however will fight physically and use Healing/Enfeebling Magic.

You arent supposed to talk to him....
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-26 08:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zhaine said: »
You arent supposed to talk to him....

I don't see how you could anyway - as far as I'm aware, he doesn't have a physical presence in the game.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-26 10:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well either way there are quests and missions that can block each of them so far as I know. People have already mentioned the PLD AF blocking Trion, I personally experienced a problem with Windy 9-1 blocking Ajido, I have heard of no block for Volker, but, I find it hard to believe no block exists at all.

Even if there is a problem with him simply talking about his brother, no matter how the conversation comes about, it sounds like a quest or mission blocking it. Any time I have talked to one of these NPCs and been unable to get them, they have mentioned Trust, and told me I was not ready, we did not share a strong enough bond, or something along those lines.

If Trust was not mentioned, you can safely assume the CS or dialog you got was not in reference to being unable to get it due to a lack of requirements being met but rather a quest/mission line blocking you from progressing.
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2013-12-26 14:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess we are not getting Lion, Tenzen and others this update.
Quote:
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-26 15:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lion is not going to be available until the January Login Campaign.

Tenzen's Cipher, as well as the other 3, are going to be available during the New Years event, which has not began as of yet. I do have the releases as well as their expected time periods in the OP. :x
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-26 15:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that they have cipher items for the next 4 seems to mean they'll come from the login campaign. If that's true we'll have to make a point to log in as much as possible ^^;

I guess that's good news though since it probably means no quest or mission requirements. Can't wait for the new pld and the waterserpent general.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-26 15:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some are coming from the new years event
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-26 15:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn.... An event I'll actually have to take part in? And I was on such a good streak!
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-26 15:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

^ this, I hate the seasonal events lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-26 16:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they would add something new to them. I stopped doing them so many years ago because its the same stuff. I do recall fun ones but maybe it was just because I was younger lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 70 71 72