Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 73 74 75
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-29 18:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure otomi gloves/buremte etc are garbage compared to Merlinic and what not. I don't know the math for it off hand but I think the INT difference is enough to make up for it. If magic damage does happen to be better than it, I don't imagine it being more than 1% better
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-29 18:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I certainly don't have a low tier set anymore, just Max Damage, MB, and Macc for nukes. Maybe if you use /sch and helixes a bunch.
 Odin.Niteanjel
Server: Odin
user: NiteAnjel
By Odin.Niteanjel 2015-12-02 00:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Guys, quick noob question. for set pieces that add Indi duration, do i have to keep then on the whole time the spell is out for the full effect? or only after i cast the spell then i can switch to other gear etc... Thank you
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2015-12-02 00:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Niteanjel said: »
Hey Guys, quick noob question. for set pieces that add Indi duration, do i have to keep then on the whole time the spell is out for the full effect? or only after i cast the spell then i can switch to other gear etc... Thank you
You have to have them on by midcast. Aftercast is to late. Once the spell is cast if you had them on during midcast you can switch to whatever.
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-12-03 19:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if Idris + Culminus or Exemplar + Niobid Strap is better for nuking on GEO? What about the new Reisenjima staff Grioavalor?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-04 01:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Better than what?
Depends on what you're using atm.
If you're using Marin Staff +1 then probably yes.
Do not forget Solstice path B either.
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2015-12-04 09:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question: Does anyone know if the MBB from Cardinal Chant is counted in the MBB cap or not?
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-12-29 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on my geo and I always check out FFXIAH guides.

I don't understand for a second while the idle set likes regen?

Personally, I always prefer -DT/PDT/MDT (as well as pet DT/pet-regen in this case), but I'm not going to argue about refresh gear, it's important too. I haven't played GEO in endgame yet, but -DT is so much more potent than ffxi's regen stat.

Same for the shell-received ring vs even a decent dark ring.

For instance, a 1000 physical shot to a 4-6% -dt/pdt cape is much better than Kumbira Cape.

Now if Idle is meant for out-of-combat idle, that's fine. But since we're all used to Spellcast/Gearswap terminology, Idle generally means not engaged, resting, or casting (even then, you're technically still idle).
By fillerbunny9 2015-12-29 13:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it largely has to do with what you are Idle doing. if you're doing Focus/Languor, you are most likely not standing anywhere in range, and are thus likely to want every tick of Regen/Refresh you can get while you are standing around, maybe waiting to Burst with some other mages. if you are doing melee buffs and debuffs, an "Idle" set is going to be hitting as high on the -DT cap as you can for both you and your Luopon. I think Idle sets are called that because most folks will differentiate that to mean "not at all involved in combat" versus a -DT set which is self explanatory.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-12-29 15:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I can agree, and that's why I noted at the end that it depends what OP means by idle. In any case, it should definitely be clarified because there are certainly enough mages who don't have a lick of dt gear in any slot. Most might not read guides at all, but some might just be getting the wrong idea.

I guess I'd rather much be in -dt/refresh in nearly any scenario, because if sh*t hits the fan, -dt will help you pull it together.

Also: I don't have enough inv for an out-of-combat idle-regen set.

It's "funny" to see one mage get one-shot by an aoe and another barely break stoneskin.

Edit: And of course, you might not be in the mix of things, but your luo probably is. If you're not wearing personal DT gear, give it up to pet where you can.

Personally, I have two idle sets, depending on whether or not I have a pet out. The aftercast looks like this.
Code
function aftercast(spell)
	common_aftercast(spell)
    if player.status == "Idle" then
		if pet.isvalid or (string.find(spell.name,"Geo-") and not spell.interrupted) then
			equip(sets.status[player.status][1])
		else
			equip(sets.status[player.status][2])
		end
	else
		equip(sets.status[player.status])
	end
end

I found that if I didn't include the or (string.find(spell.name,"Geo-") and not spell.interrupted) then I'd switch back to petless Idle immediately after casting a geo-spell as pet.isvalid hadn't updated yet.
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-01 05:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This set seems outdated with new Reisenjima stuff.

ItemSet 321053

My Geo Nuke set is ItemSet 340833

Looking to make a magic accuracy set as well. Looking for earrings, waist, ring replacements for Magic Accuracy.

Here is the set I came up with

ItemSet 340834

Here is my Geo skill set that I have been using for a long time. It is very good in my opinion.

ItemSet 340835
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-01-01 08:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we determine whether going over 800 combined skill does anything?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-01 08:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

You know, it was officially announced that 900 combined skill is the cap for max base potency, so unless we are officially trolled, 900 is the way to go.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-01-01 08:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

You know, it was officially announced that 900 combined skill is the cap for max base potency, so unless we are officially trolled, 900 is the way to go.
Has a feeling Byrth typo'd that 800.

I think most took that announcement of the 900 skill for fact but we all know this is SE and should be tested if it hasn't been.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-01-01 08:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested up to like 954 and nothing changed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-01-01 08:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, sorry for the typo.

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
I tested up to like 954 and nothing changed.

Thanks, good to know.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-01-19 04:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone with an updated Healing kit?

ItemSet 341280

Is basically my current set (going after vanya body/feet soonish), all Vanya is path B for +20 healing skill. Telchine hands I have a +8 more to Cure Pot, giving that 18% total, leaving me with a set above 50% cure pot and some bonus to skill. I don't see any upgrades, but am I missing anything?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 05:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Similar to mine but I use Vanya legs and a Cpot club I think, and HQ Oretania to save some inventory space (since I already have that for Cursna sets).
Also after 27 pops of Nosoi I'm leaning to say that Calamitous Earring doesn't exist!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 08:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Some silly questions about GEO SPs. I found answers to most of these long time ago but now I'm not 100% sure anymore and I can't find the original thread any longer.

1. Does Bolster apply immediately to Indicolure and Geocolure bubbles, or do you have to recast them after activating the SP? (pretty confident you have to recast them?)

2. Does the increased Bolster potency automatically deactivate on previously cast Indi/Geo bubbles once the effect of the JA wears off? (I seem to recall Malothar saying that one was keeping the potency bonus, the other wasn't, but which is which?)

3. Does the Bolster effect apply to Entrusted Indicolure bubbles as well?

4. Does the Bolster effect double only the base potency or the overall potency inclusing Dunna/Idris? (I seem to recall Dunna/Idris bonus was doubled as well but couldn't find 100% confirmation)

Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-01-19 10:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Some silly questions about GEO SPs. I found answers to most of these long time ago but now I'm not 100% sure anymore and I can't find the original thread any longer.

1. Does Bolster apply immediately to Indicolure and Geocolure bubbles, or do you have to recast them after activating the SP? (pretty confident you have to recast them?)

2. Does the increased Bolster potency automatically deactivate on previously cast Indi/Geo bubbles once the effect of the JA wears off? (I seem to recall Malothar saying that one was keeping the potency bonus, the other wasn't, but which is which?)

3. Does the Bolster effect apply to Entrusted Indicolure bubbles as well?

4. Does the Bolster effect double only the base potency or the overall potency inclusing Dunna/Idris? (I seem to recall Dunna/Idris bonus was doubled as well but couldn't find 100% confirmation)

I'm not an expert Geo so I'll give my impressions and let someone with more experience correct me if I'm wrong.

1) Bolster works on already casted indi spells but you must recast geo spells (the pet goes with what it has when it was casted). This would logically apply to when bolster wears off too (indi loses it but the geo keeps it until it dies)

I dont think bolster works with entrusted spells.

I "think" the bolster effect applied based on the power of your geomancy including your equipment, so a bolstered idris/dunna will be more powerful than one without. This makes sense with most SP abilities.
 Sylph.Chocobro
By Sylph.Chocobro 2016-01-19 12:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

JAs and +Geomancy have no effect on Entrust. Only Skill and Indicolure duration+.

Bolster, Blaze, and Ecliptic increase the overall potency. I made a handy chart as a guide:

Full Size
[+]
By dustinfoley 2016-01-19 13:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

obligatory stupid question, but do ecliptic/blaze stack with bolster (FOR A POWER READING OVER 9000!)?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 14:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No they don't. They stack together but not with Bolster.

@Chocobro
Are you sure about Bolster not affecting Entrust? That's unexpected if true...

Also aobut Bolster potency remaining on Luopan even after bolster is off, are you guys 100% sure about this? Because I think I've seen my luopan's health % go up after bolster expired. If the health % went up it means the max HP (bolster bonus) wore off. If that wore off it's likely the potency did as well.
Maybe it was just a coincidence I dunno, just asking to see if you guys are really 101% sure.
 Sylph.Chocobro
By Sylph.Chocobro 2016-01-19 14:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol! Sorry. Can't stack anything with bolster.

When I tested bolster, it didn't change the potency of entrust. I could always give it another try today.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 14:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would really apreciate if you had the patience, time and dedication to test entrust again and even bolster expiring on luopans (as I mentioned before in my previous post).
By RolandJ 2016-01-19 16:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Anyone with an updated Healing kit?
You could throw in an augmented Taximachi (-10 enmity augment) + a Sor's shield in order to add half the needed cure potency (25%) in those two spots alone, which would free up many other slots for more cure power (healing magic skill mostly) and -enmity.

Here is the set that I use myself.
ItemSet 341302
All the vanya is path B. This set gives +51% (50 cap ofc) potency, +148 skill, -43 enmity (after 5 -enmity merits), and a bit of conserve MP(16). I place a higher priority on -enmity than on conserve MP & that is the main reason why my set differs in some ways. This set cures for around 880 HP on Cure4's if I recall correctly, as /rdm. If only /sch got cure 4 - then we could probably easily cure4 for 1100 ;)
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-01-19 17:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chocobro said: »
JAs and +Geomancy have no effect on Entrust. Only Skill and Indicolure duration+.

Bolster, Blaze, and Ecliptic increase the overall potency. I made a handy chart as a guide:

Full Size

Those Bolster values are at 150% instead of 100% ya goof
 Sylph.Chocobro
By Sylph.Chocobro 2016-01-19 21:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »

Full Size

Those Bolster values are at 150% instead of 100% ya goof

Hah! Nice catch. I added the Ecliptic + Blaze at the last second, so I didn't notice it pushed the source values of Bolster over.

Fixed.
 Sylph.Chocobro
By Sylph.Chocobro 2016-01-19 22:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, so tested Bolster again:

-Anything that was casted before Bolster gains the boost.

-Both indi and geo lose benefits when bolster runs out.

-Entrust does not benefit from bolster.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-20 01:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

-Anything that was casted before Bolster gains the boost.
Woot, even without recasting them?
Both Indicolure and Geocolure? That's different from all other tests I heard before but it's... nice I guess? :D

Quote:
-Both indi and geo lose benefits when bolster runs out.
So I was right when I saw my Luopan losing its maxHP buff (granted by Bolster JP). Which kinda means it's useless to recast Geocolure before Bolster runs out =/

Quote:
-Entrust does not benefit from bolster.
Sad panda =(
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 73 74 75