Is This Server Dying?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Is this server dying?
Is this server dying?
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2013-10-20 12:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about the exp it's about 3 minutes weakened instead of 5.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-20 12:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you ever wonder how people get a lot of gil in games? Stop whining and get off your *** and farm or be productive. Handing ppl ***for nothing is worse, look at delve lol. Smoken you just seem really bitter, this is how all mmo are. I offered to help you but you decided to quit.
[+]
By Davorin 2013-10-20 12:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Supakoneko said: »
It's not about the exp it's about 3 minutes weakened instead of 5.

Agreed. In a timed event like a BC, Legion, Delve, etc this can mean the difference between winning and losing if a DD or tank hits the dirt.

Sure, I am using Arise to get someone else up, but I am also helping my chances of getting a win in whatever event I am doing as a WHM.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-20 12:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The people selling arise are rarely the people benefitting from it, anyway. Surely the WHMs in their shell are getting it before it goes to the AH.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-10-20 12:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't invite a non-arise WHM to an event for free personally. Not just because arise is a strong tool, but it shows that those who haven't obtained it haven't the adequate dedication in which I seek in my WHMs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; Cya, kid.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2013-10-20 13:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Smoken,

I've played this game on and off since EU release, and since its release I haven't known kraken club to either A. sell regularly on the AH, or B. sell for lower than 20m, and that was dirt cheap.

As for price increases, and the increase in price for the remaining useful gear from the older content, there is a natural inflation associated with any product has a demand, but also has decreasing supply. Kclub supply is perhaps among the lowest of anything in the game, its only fitting that it has one of the higher price tags - assuming its actually useful for any of your jobs anymore.

As for your idea of excessive amounts of gil, with the ease of acquisition now so much easier than it was at 75, 6m gil for arise is comparable to maybe 1m or even less back in the day. To put that in perspective for you; arise is essentially one of the last things most whm's buy, a 'finishing piece' of purchasable gear, so to speak. 1m back at 75 would often buy a player a flame ring and triumph earring, items that were essentially core pieces for a lot of DD jobs and which offered a significantly smaller increase from their perspective upgrades than arise offers a whm, proportionately. People still bought them.

Edit: If you're having difficulty filling an event shout. you might want to look closer to home before you start blaming the server. Asura and Carbuncle seem to have similar active populations, Bahamut slightly more, but Asura/Bahamut never take more than 10 minutes of shouting unless its at a really off-peak time, and even then 30 minutes and your set.
By Fasaga 2013-10-20 13:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you won't pay 6M for Arise then I don't want you as my WHM anyway. Thinking that 3 minutes vs. 5 minutes of weakness is solely benefiting the person dead is absurd. That 2 minutes can likely make or break what ever event you are doing. Thats why it costs 6M.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-20 13:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said: »
It makes no sense to pay 6MM for scroll of Arise. If some1 is willing to pay 6MM, then that's ok, they can prove to the world how much gil they can spend or how big their stupidity is (I really don't care). I personally don't have it in none of my whm's. The person who is 'dead' should be thankful I'm a whm with a raise1, 2, or 3 to lift them up because they forgot to bring their RR.Ring!! and secondly, with all the XP Abyssea, book burn parties, and new expansions are giving, they should get their lost xp in about 2 minutes and 37 seconds.
This post really makes my head hurt. Those minutes saved from arise can easily turn the tide in a fight. Advocating not to have arise is horrible and you should feel bad.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-20 13:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Has the economy gotten so bad that 6m is a lot of gil?
By Spiraboo 2013-10-20 13:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

smoken said: »
lets just look at 75 cap, seems it was only a few years ago. how much did it cost for the k.club. a few mil and that was the top item forsale.Now lets go forward a few years and its what 50+ mil.

Depends how "early" you look. I think K club was cheapest when LoO still dropped it. Stupid drop rate, but at least it's timed pop instead of a bc with stupid drop rate.

Never seen K club going for lower than 2 digit in the millions... The AH history tends to be people showing off that they own it more than legit sales...

Not to mention gil was a lot harder to come by back in the days compare to now(at least in my experience). I wouldn't say 6M back then = 6M now, no where near. I can buy a few million worth item without much thought now(fishing, selling airlixirs/Tojil horn/skirmish stones), back in the days I'd have to farm for days or camp some ridiculous nms for it.
By smoken 2013-10-20 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

alot of butt hurt people here,lol. 80% of all the gil on the server came from cheaters draylo, you know that. through every cheat that was exploited to the fullest. from the most recent choco blinkers to the armor selling. and if it wasnt a hardcore problem then SE wouldnt have put out a update to fix the problem. people running bots 24/7 and fking up everything.if you were one of them people that did it then you helped the death of the game.and please dont try and say some BS that its not. and even with the update there are still people running bots making 20+ mil a day and being afk making it.
so then with that said. so lets jsut say that on this server right now lets say that there is only like 500 mil total in all the players gil.would the price of items still be the same? or would they be cheaper? but everyone knowing that people has billions of gil now from cheating it out means they can increase the price through the roof so new players to the game cant get it. cause you have to remember that the game is not what it once was. and team work and being a nice person is no longer a part of the game.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-20 14:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The only person that is butt hurt is you smoken, kindly shut the *** up. No one cares about your money problems.
By smoken 2013-10-20 14:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

have to say Viciousss. i dont have any. i have everything i would want in the game. and still have millions. just sitting there. you are just mad that you are one of the people that fked this game up and you are a little child and cant take it when people call you out on it.lol
 Leviathan.Encyclopedia
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Encyclopedia 2013-10-20 14:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

have to say Viciousss. i dont have any. i have everything i would want in the game. and still have millions. just sitting there. you are just mad that you are one of the people that fked this game up and you are a little child and cant take it when people call you out on it.lol

So funny, blames the more elite players of the game for bringing its demise and then brags about having everything in the game and just millions sitting there. Why are you being so greedy? You should give it to some noob to get Arise.
[+]
By smoken 2013-10-20 14:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the problem is for new players to the game Viciousss. ya dumb asz.lol
 Phoenix.Taletta
user: DrTaletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-10-20 14:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to be a troll at least make an attempt to use proper spelling and grammar, Smoken. We deserve to have an easy time reading your posts (since you're clearly only posting to get attention).
[+]
By smoken 2013-10-20 14:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah Encyclopedia there are alot of elite players out there. most of them have the best cheats you can get for this game now. strange you just figurd this out now. thought you would have knew that by now. but i guess some peoples have a lower learning curve then others. no worries. and for me having everything. naaa. i dont need it. i have what i needs to fool around on this game. and if i had the scroll that i dont need then anyone is welcome to have it for nothing. why charge them for it. but i dont have it. as for helping out. no one yet on this server has ever been denied from my help if they asked. and i do it all for FREE. anyone that has seen me out killing shiat and wanted something they are more them welcome to have it, even if they just sit there and do nothing for it. so even with the greedy people that are out today. i still offer all my help just for the fun of doing it.
 Lye
By Lye 2013-10-20 14:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What, pray-tell, are you 'smoken?'
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-20 14:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So, question was "Is this server dying?" reason for asking was a mere 700 users online at peak hours. A page later all I see is allegations of cheating, trolling, and claims that everyone is butthurt. Is there any real reason I shouldn't lock this thread or even remove it entirely?
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2013-10-20 14:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The enjoyment derived out-weighs its lack of productivity!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-20 14:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Smoker win as the poster of the week?
 Phoenix.Taletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-10-20 15:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We are currently discussing the argument (being made by Smoken) that greed is wholly responsible for lower prices on scrolls and equipment, and is therefore directly ruining the in-game economy and the game itself (which I would argue pertains to the game's life). It's a pretty ridiculous argument to hath been made, but it 'is' entertaining to see how vehemently he's defending it.
 Leviathan.Encyclopedia
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Encyclopedia 2013-10-20 15:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah Encyclopedia there are alot of elite players out there. most of them have the best cheats you can get for this game now. strange you just figurd this out now. thought you would have knew that by now. but i guess some peoples have a lower learning curve then others. no worries. and for me having everything. naaa. i dont need it. i have what i needs to fool around on this game. and if i had the scroll that i dont need then anyone is welcome to have it for nothing. why charge them for it. but i dont have it. as for helping out. no one yet on this server has ever been denied from my help if they asked. and i do it all for FREE. anyone that has seen me out killing shiat and wanted something they are more them welcome to have it, even if they just sit there and do nothing for it. so even with the greedy people that are out today. i still offer all my help just for the fun of doing it.

Number one, you speak of a lower learning curve and yet you have the spelling and grammar comprehension of a 7 year old; however, that may be an insult to the 7 year old. Number two, since you say you'll help out for free, please do us all the favor and quit posting, read a few books, and purchase an economic text.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-20 15:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Taletta said: »
We are currently discussing the argument (being made by Smoken) that greed is wholly responsible for lower prices on scrolls and equipment, and is therefore directly ruining the in-game economy and the game itself (which I would argue pertains to the game's life). It's a pretty ridiculous argument to hath been made, but it 'is' entertaining to see how vehemently he's defending it.
It looks like just a bunch of insult hurling from one side and "lol u so butthurt bru" from the other. If you want to insult him, ignore him, make his argument seem insignificant, otherwise it just looks like trolling, flaming, etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2013-10-20 15:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure wish people gave me those Hachiryu Haidate at 75, or my Dusk Gloves +1. I don't know what game Smoken's been playing, but there's always been "greed" here. There's always been people mercing HNM, Salvage, Odin, Sky, or Sea gear (hi 15m Novios). In fact, there was more of that going on then than there is currently. Thanks for enlightening everyone, Smoken, but by your logic this game was DOA 7 years ago.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-10-20 15:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamborghinis are cool, they should be cheaper so everyone can enjoy one! I want a pool in my backyard, nevermind the insane amount of manpower and materials that go into making one, I want it for 100 bucks!

Seriously though, prices are tied to things how hard things are to acquire, how rare they are, and how much effort goes into making or acquiring it. Supply and demand, too.

Try actually doing some legion, farming some mul pops, then getting 50 billion Meteors that take a year to sell. There's a reason Arise costs as much as it does. Be thankful it's not the 20-40M it originally was :p

If you don't like the price of something, there is always the option of putting a group together and getting it for yourself.

As for your server being dead, I couldn't say. It's kinda weird that Skirmish shouts don't fill up quickly, they always seem to on Odin. Idk if you're the one shouting, but you don't actually need a full 6 people to do Skirmish if you're remotely competent. I've 3 manned everything including 5/5/5 yorcias (myself on thf, friend on mnk, sch mule).
VIP
By Kalila 2013-10-20 15:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The game needs greed, if everything was cheap so that everyone could buy it then the game would be boring. I once spent months saving up 13,560,000 gil just to buy a nobles tunic, and not once did I thing "wow, these people are greedy for pricing it so high", instead I treated it as a personal goal. I worked hard for that gil and I eventually met my goal, just for 10% potency, but back then it meant a lot to me.

The only thing stopping you from having something is yourself. If you refuse to buy a scroll that helps your team just because you think it's priced too high, when it's so much easier to make gil now than it was years ago, then I personally wouldn't want you as my healer. That just shows me that you don't care about your job enough to put any work into it, and if you refuse to put any work into your job how can I take you seriously?

I'd take someone being greedy over someone being lazy any day of the week.
[+]
 Phoenix.Taletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-10-20 15:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There shouldn't be any problem as long as we're attacking his argument instead of him directly.
Besides, there's nothing petty about holding people accountable for their comments and debating the fallacies therein.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-20 15:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I'd take someone being greedy
*lots everything all day*
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-10-20 17:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said: »
It makes no sense to pay 6MM for scroll of Arise. If some1 is willing to pay 6MM, then that's ok, they can prove to the world how much gil they can spend or how big their stupidity is (I really don't care). I personally don't have it in none of my whm's. The person who is 'dead' should be thankful I'm a whm with a raise1, 2, or 3 to lift them up because they forgot to bring their RR.Ring!! and secondly, with all the XP Abyssea, book burn parties, and new expansions are giving, they should get their lost xp in about 2 minutes and 37 seconds.
This post really makes my head hurt. Those minutes saved from arise can easily turn the tide in a fight. Advocating not to have arise is horrible and you should feel bad.

It's worse knowing that this player brags via shout in town about having 400+mil.