Is This Server Dying?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Is this server dying?
Is this server dying?
First Page 2 3
By jpress093 2013-10-19 22:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

700 at peak? Skirmish shouts take hours to fill sometimes.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-19 22:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

NOV update coming soon, will see a increase in avg players during peak hours. There are 50 threads like this man, the game isn't dying if that's the question. Worst case your server will be merged with another.
[+]
By smoken 2013-10-19 23:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have problems getting people to join your shouts just do what all the top people do and buy it with gil. its seems to work on all servers from what you read on the forums these days. gil gets you what ever you want, and as for the game dying... well everyone knows that its on its way out. the updates might save it for a few. but now that the game is not based upon people helping others to complete anything, you can see how much the game suffered for it.
alot of people will say that they all went to play other games but that is not what is happening. all you have to do is look at the top players on your server..MT ALL SERVERS..for being way way way to greedy and killing the game for everyone.

Easy example for you to go by.
scroll of arise. goes for like 6 mil.. but its a spell used to raise up another player and to give them reraise. so 6 mil to help someone else out. you can see the greeeeeeed there. and that is why the game is dying.
By Fasaga 2013-10-19 23:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

smoken said: »
if you have problems getting people to join your shouts just do what all the top people do and buy it with gil. its seems to work on all servers from what you read on the forums these days. gil gets you what ever you want, and as for the game dying... well everyone knows that its on its way out. the updates might save it for a few. but now that the game is not based upon people helping others to complete anything, you can see how much the game suffered for it.
alot of people will say that they all went to play other games but that is not what is happening. all you have to do is look at the top players on your server..MT ALL SERVERS..for being way way way to greedy and killing the game for everyone.

scroll of arise. goes for like 6 mil.. but its a spell used to raise up another player and to give them reraise. so 6 mil to help someone else out. you can see the greeeeeeed there. and that is why the game is dying.
That's almost like saying people should give away D.Rings because they help people to die slower. There is a decrease in player population but the game won't die. After the Nov. update they will determine if a server merge is necessary.
By smoken 2013-10-19 23:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

server merge means the game is dying. just a matter of time. and for giving away a d.ring what is wrong with doing it? ofcourse no one will ever do it cause the game is based up gil and greed and no longer team work to help others. the update will do some good for a few but not for all. unless you have mils in gil to get it all.

And if you are comparing the scroll arise to the D.ring you have to remember that the scroll is only to help others get up off there face and not the user. a whm already has reraise. so its only in the game to help everyone else. but yet you will make them pay a retarted price for it.. why.. greeeeeed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Taletta
Server: Phoenix
user: DrTaletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-10-19 23:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

To call you an ignorant, fawning, emotionally bankrupt idiot with disturbed mathematic and economic views would be an insult to idiots, the ignorant, the disturbed, fawns, nice views, mathematicians and the finance sector (and would probably get me kicked off the Leonhard Euler fanclub mailing list).
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-19 23:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, your server isnt doing so hot, no. But there isn't much you can do about it unless you want to pay SE to move you to another server with the same problem.
By smoken 2013-10-20 00:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao. are you one of them people that i butt hurt cause you did what i was saying to others, and now you are trying to make it that what you did was alright so you dont look like a greed F?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-20 00:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you one of those people that think everything should be free?
By smoken 2013-10-20 00:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

that is true Viciousss is some sense. going to anothe server would help out somewhat. but not enough to save this game. or to solve the problems this game has now. all you have to do is remember back when 75 was the cap, for instance. shouts were going all day and night with people just out to help others for the fun. but now its all gone cause now people jsut got way to greedy in a game that depends on people helping out others.

i am not saying that everything should be 1 gil. i am saying that items regardless of what it is should be cheap so all people can enjoy them.
By fonewear 2013-10-20 00:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

jpress093 said: »
700 at peak? Skirmish shouts take hours to fill sometimes.

Yes to answer your question. And stop living in denial those that disagree.
 Phoenix.Taletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-10-20 00:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Please do all of us intelligent human beings a favour and give us some credit. Personal crusades to bamboozle adventurers out of their gil are not why Arise's median price (on Leviathan server) is 6 mil, and anyone with even a rudimentary grasp of economics would tell you why your foil-hat conspiracy theories qualify you for "emergency defenestration".
Since you are clearly not qualified to discuss economics, I suggest that you back away before somebody takes your cockamamie perceptions of economics and "maims them beyond repair".
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-10-20 03:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

why would I go out of my way to help another human being
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2013-10-20 03:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He fails to mention the 1500 on during jp prime time on buncle.
[+]
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-10-20 03:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yes its dying jpres - 1st thing you should do with your 1 post on ah is quit the game asap and go hide under the bed and wait for the end.
[+]
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-10-20 04:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i take it hes mad he cant afford arise?
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2013-10-20 05:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

He's mad he can't farm a measly 6m to buy arise, because everything that sells drops from content far too elite for him that the 'top players' must monopolise in their greed, stopping the average player from having fun.

Frankly, it's shocking how badly people understand the idea of an economy. Arise is a low supply spell full stop, there aren't many ways to actually get it so of course as a top end scroll, its going to cost a bit.
 Valefor.Anethesia
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Anethesia 2013-10-20 05:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is not dead by what my friends have told me. And if you think 6mil for Arise is "greeeeeeeed" because it's "to help someone out," you don't understand economics or the word "utility." Arise has immense utility, whereas it's a huge improvement from Raise III. So stfu, Smoken.
By Anesthesia 2013-10-20 05:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention the demand end of the scroll's use as well. Every competent WHM needs it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-20 06:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

server merge means the game is dying. just a matter of time. and for giving away a d.ring what is wrong with doing it? ofcourse no one will ever do it cause the game is based up gil and greed and no longer team work to help others. the update will do some good for a few but not for all. unless you have mils in gil to get it all.

And if you are comparing the scroll arise to the D.ring you have to remember that the scroll is only to help others get up off there face and not the user. a whm already has reraise. so its only in the game to help everyone else. but yet you will make them pay a retarted price for it.. why.. greeeeeed.

Yea its dying, once you quit the game I hear it dies completely.
[+]
By Spiraboo 2013-10-20 07:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Boleslaus said: »

i take it hes mad he cant afford arise?

Or he's mad that he has to pay for wins that everyone else who's not a complete noob managed to get through linkshell or PUG... And can't afford a transfer to Leviathan to get it for free.

Hard to argue about the arise price really - supply and demand mate. I bought mine over the 3 day campaign for 3.5M. Or you could've went and farmed one yourself. Or keep doing Skirmish and you might eventually get one too.
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-10-20 08:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lets see here just to clarify where arise drops from. legion hal of mul wave 3 (btw u cant solo in case u wanted to try) pw thru drops not chest so 18 ppl to lot if it even drops or skirmish which ive done hundreds and not once seen it drop so u tell me how much it should cost when usually u need 18 ppl for the content? i think 6 mil is not enough gil imo should be 10 easy. but thats just me and im just a gimp noob i barely got out of west ronfaure alive (and just a fyi i do not have or plan to buy arise because i do not want to be a whm).
[+]
 Bahamut.Blittz
Server: Bahamut
user: tripletee
By Bahamut.Blittz 2013-10-20 09:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think the game will die completely.I think people just need a break or to simply wait it off before they get back on. People went on to 14 but they will be back or more people will play 11 u never know. But with NOV update they are adding new missions new battlefields. new delves and also new low man content so its something for everyone. not to mention the rem update as well.
[+]
 Asura.Gabba
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-10-20 10:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Blittz said: »
I dont think the game will die completely.I think people just need a break or to simply wait it off before they get back on. People went on to 14 but they will be back or more people will play 11 u never know. But with NOV update they are adding new missions new battlefields. new delves and also new low man content so its something for everyone. not to mention the rem update as well.
hmm New delve? probably in dic update. Next update is more AF/REM's Gear/weapon update, Monstrosity, "hard mode" old battlefields, BST pets, BLU new spells, New Missions/quest, but for sure they haven't mention new delve yet.
 Bahamut.Blittz
Server: Bahamut
user: tripletee
By Bahamut.Blittz 2013-10-20 10:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I swore they were doin a delve for.Yorcia and Marjami maybe im mistaken thought I heard that.
 Asura.Thebatman
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Thebatman 2013-10-20 11:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand - I'm just going leave this here for Smoken.
By smoken 2013-10-20 11:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Taletta.Kenrusai.Izilder.Boleslaus.Seiri.Anethesi.Boleslaus.
lets get this straitened up. before the game got broken worse then it was with choc blinkers and armor npcing.how much was it for items on the ah. just go through the histroy and take a look at it. see for yourself and you will see how crazy it had gotten. lets just look at 75 cap, seems it was only a few years ago. how much did it cost for the k.club. a few mil and that was the top item forsale.Now lets go forward a few years and its what 50+ mil. why the price increase? so tell me how new players to the game can possible get items and gear when prices are like that. and yeah you can do the bcnm for the k.club. but as everyone has seen these days, even getting a skirmy run togeather takes hours to fil. and that is with the newest content. how is it possible to get a run togeather to go and try for it.
so when the game dies and all of the hard core players are left standing there with billions of gil and all of the gear you can possible have, know that the end was caused by you. for letting the game get the way it was. and when you can no longer connect to the server and your crying stops. just take a deep breathe and think about the next game you play and how the players effect the game play of a online game. cause alot of you people have never really played online games i think, just this one.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-10-20 11:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

Yea its dying, once you quit the game I hear it dies completely.

Thank you Einstein.
 Phoenix.Taletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-10-20 12:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Taletta.Kenrusai.Izilder.Boleslaus.Seiri.Anethesi.Boleslaus.
lets get this straitened up. before the game got broken worse then it was with choc blinkers and armor npcing.how much was it for items on the ah. just go through the histroy and take a look at it. see for yourself and you will see how crazy it had gotten. lets just look at 75 cap, seems it was only a few years ago. how much did it cost for the k.club. a few mil and that was the top item forsale.Now lets go forward a few years and its what 50+ mil. why the price increase? so tell me how new players to the game can possible get items and gear when prices are like that. and yeah you can do the bcnm for the k.club. but as everyone has seen these days, even getting a skirmy run togeather takes hours to fil. and that is with the newest content. how is it possible to get a run togeather to go and try for it.
so when the game dies and all of the hard core players are left standing there with billions of gil and all of the gear you can possible have, know that the end was caused by you. for letting the game get the way it was. and when you can no longer connect to the server and your crying stops. just take a deep breathe and think about the next game you play and how the players effect the game play of a online game. cause alot of you people have never really played online games i think, just this one.

You're absolutely right. Things have indeed become crazy. Why, back in my day you could buy Arise for 20 mil, and a Kraken Club for 80mil. The way these prices have dropped is simply crazy.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2013-10-20 12:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes no sense to pay 6MM for scroll of Arise. If some1 is willing to pay 6MM, then that's ok, they can prove to the world how much gil they can spend or how big their stupidity is (I really don't care). I personally don't have it in none of my whm's. The person who is 'dead' should be thankful I'm a whm with a raise1, 2, or 3 to lift them up because they forgot to bring their RR.Ring!! and secondly, with all the XP Abyssea, book burn parties, and new expansions are giving, they should get their lost xp in about 2 minutes and 37 seconds.
First Page 2 3