Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 102 103 104
 Asura.Akaden
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Akaden 2016-05-10 19:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Any thoughts on this as a possible future feature?
Quote:
Maybe... let it compare the current and new sets slot-by-slot, unset anything that doesn't match, then go back and fill in the blanks in order? That way we can still preserve traits when switching between sets.
That's what PreserveTraits does. It's the default.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Cool, thanks. Still sets spells out of order when using ClearFirst though.
Make sure you have the latest version (try doing //azuresets help and look for the set/spellset help text. It should include the new info about the function if it's latest)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-10 23:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I have the latest version. I'd already read over and tested it before you posted. Neither setting follows the order for spells listed in settings.xml. PreserveTraits does not care about list order, it only cares that the spell is already set. That behavior does not match what I suggested.

I would also suggest having the next version edit settings.xml to add parameters for the new settings if they do not already exist. At present it only does so for a brand new settings file. Commands to change these settings in-game wouldn't hurt either.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-11 01:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that the new patch hit, are there any chances we gonna see a fix to Organizer which has been broken since last month? :3
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-16 02:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I'm annoying you folks, but this issue hasn't been fixed since early april, we're in mid may.
I'm aware you guys must be super busy, but any chance we can finally see a fix to Organizer, pretty please?
By Takisan 2016-05-17 12:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
its weird, it wont swap to the idle set in whitegate but works ok in the rest of the areas, first time happening this to me.

anyway thanks for the response

The town set could be the reason. I could be wrong but normally when I cycle through idle, pdt, mdt, ect back to idle nothing changes while in a town.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-05-18 02:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I know I'm annoying you folks, but this issue hasn't been fixed since early april, we're in mid may.
I'm aware you guys must be super busy, but any chance we can finally see a fix to Organizer, pretty please?

Sorry. I have literally zero time, right now (as I'm sure people have noticed). I've stayed up pretty late tonight hammering away at it; it's about 80% done. I'll try to finish up the last of it tomorrow. I ended up going with a separate command for it, to keep it from confusing people who liked the old way and still use it.

"gs loadout" will be the gearswap version, and regular org commands will work as they used to (freeze/org).

Gonna pay for this in the morning, I'm sure
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-05-29 03:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

AS of today I am getting a direct3d error trying to open in windower. Initially gave me the error in both windower and official. Started in a cs for audolin missions, the super long one of 3 books, mission of chp4 audolin.

I get through pol, in both, and the right after the ToS screen it gives you the blue loading screen and jumps to the game, and at this point it crashes.

changing the resolution seems to have fixed it for offical, but windower persists with the problem. One other thing it does is when I crash is it resets in the ffxi config all back to default, full screen mode, not windower, different resolutions (which will cause the direct3d issue in official if i dont manually change it).

I have tried what feels like everything, spent literally 10 hrs this my day off trying to fix it.

I have completely removed and uninstalled windower, and reinstalled, same issue. There are no plugins anymore so none of those could be the issue.

I would hate to have to play ffxi w/o windower but its feeling like that atm.

also im on windows 10 and this comp has flawlessly played ffxi for a yr
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-05-29 05:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Windows 10

Did you have it for a year, or did you just upgrade, because this is probably the reason. It has to do with Win10 doing windowed fullscreen differently, and the windower guys haven't sorted it out yet.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-29 06:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

eh~!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/win/win01.html?pageID=win
Quote:
*Certain Windows 10 updates may cause the game client to work improperly.

Unless I'm misreading his post, he can't get the client to work without Windower either. It's probably just this^
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-05-29 06:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a stupid 1366x768 laptop with Win10 on it for all of a week before going back to 7 and really thought it was Windower's fake fullscreen because I could start without windower just fine (did miss that in his post), but maybe it's to do with odd resolutions then?

Quote:
changing the resolution seems to have fixed it for offical, but windower persists with the problem. One other thing it does is when I crash is it resets in the ffxi config all back to default, full screen mode, not windower, different resolutions (which will cause the direct3d issue in official if i dont manually change it).

This is the behavior I had sans the config reset. If 'official windowed mode' is involved, it could still be the same issue.

So: Not to say it's Windower, but how Win10 apparently *** up when handling a window with equal size to full-screen. This sounds a lot like a problem some were having with old unreal engine games too.

tl;dr:
Quote:
Windows 10 dx12 does not support dx8 games to run in exclusive full screen anymore

Which is odd, because real fullscreen worked fine for me and fake fullscreen didn't.

One of a dozen reasons to nuke Win10 off that poor machine.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-05-30 05:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Quote:
Windows 10

Did you have it for a year, or did you just upgrade, because this is probably the reason. It has to do with Win10 doing windowed fullscreen differently, and the windower guys haven't sorted it out yet.

I upgraded like 6-8 months ago roughly, ran windows 8 before. Its been a headache for sure and I am already so tired of now having my gearswap ><;

SO its sounding like there is nothing that I can do since windows 10 is causing the problem? That is terrible ....
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-05-31 03:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Quote:
Windows 10

I upgraded like 6-8 months ago roughly, ran windows 8 before. Its been a headache for sure and I am already so tired of now having my gearswap ><;

SO its sounding like there is nothing that I can do since windows 10 is causing the problem? That is terrible ....

Disable the opening movie?
By DanielH 2016-05-31 05:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Windows 10

Disable the opening movie?

Also stupid question, but you remembered to turn Legacy Components > DirectPlay on in the "Turn windows features on and off"
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-05-31 10:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the opening movie disabled, was hoping that would be the fix and its not.

What is this legacy components > directplay? I have never heard about it so I would assume I havent, or maybe I am overlooking it? How do I access this?

just checked it its turned on. SO thats not it.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-06-03 00:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have any other ideas about the direct3d issue? Now over a week and have exhausted everything I have read online. Is anyone else having these issues too? and if so did you find a work around?
By Takisan 2016-06-03 21:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,
I have been having issues getting guildwork to update and IME to work. GW updated 2 months ago but has stopped. I see a message when I look at my main and my alt "We are no longer find this character as we cannot find it on official servers." so what I'm thinking to do is delete them and try to recreate/verify them on gw. IME hasn't been working for me for a while now. Maybe my windower is not updating properly. Is there somewhere I can go to get the most up-to-date files for these two programs? Thank you!

Edit: So I deleted my alt off gw and try to put him back on and "Guildwork's scraper may be down or FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community might be inaccessible. Please try again." Kinda expected this as SE did away with LS community. Its just I still talk to ppl who have gw working so not sure what the status of gw is atm.
By DanielH 2016-06-12 13:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have any other ideas about the direct3d issue? Now over a week and have exhausted everything I have read online. Is anyone else having these issues too? and if so did you find a work around?

This error right:

"Terminated as error occurred in FINAL FANTASY XI. Failed to intialize Direct3D. Please check that this computer has the required specifications to run FINAL FANTASY XI.(-1)"

All I know otherwise, is maybe try deleting the default Windower profile and making a brand new one, the default settings could be wrong for your system.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-12 14:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Try installing directx 8.1 (available in free client package if can't find elsewhere) before someone pops here to say it can't be related to that.
By waffle 2016-06-12 16:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the update broke boxdestroyer again. I'll post the error msg after I get back in game, but I think it's the same one as always.
 Cerberus.Alatar
Server: Cerberus
user: Soic
By Cerberus.Alatar 2016-06-24 14:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else having crashing issues since the LUA Core update from a couple days ago? Almost on the dot every 2 hours I get a POL crash for no apparent reason. Doesn't matter if I'm standing idle in Jeuno or in the middle of Vagary. I'm at a loss because I haven't done anything different to my computer or used anything new. Anyone have any suggestions?
By Selindrile 2016-06-28 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious if there's been any development on the Organizer front, I'm still getting "Your sets table contains too many items." on //gs org and loadout isn't working yet, for some reason I thought it was already implemented. Not complaining or anything, just curious if anyone knows something I don't.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-05 03:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

"Dressup lua runtime error dressup/dressup.lua 130. Attempt to local player a nil value"
Gearswap seems to be working ok
I bet it wont work with wardrobe 3/4
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-05 04:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
"Dressup lua runtime error dressup/dressup.lua 130. Attempt to local player a nil value"
Gearswap seems to be working ok
I bet it wont work with wardrobe 3/4

Well, wardrobe 2 worked just fine with gearswap right away, so I wouldn't be so sure.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-05 04:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No it diddn't it was broken for like a day xD
By Blazed1979 2016-07-05 04:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap acting up since I subscribed to wardrobes 3 and 4
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-05 05:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Gearswap acting up since I subscribed to wardrobes 3 and 4
It's Gearswap's way to protest against what he judges to be an unfair endorsement of SE's actions through real life gil.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-07-05 06:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

PointWatch seems to be broken.
I currently have negative light values in Abyssea and ...34043434 time remaining lol
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2016-07-05 07:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

idk if this is windower related but 1 of my 4 chars (2 chars per account) cannot log on. the client crashes immediately when the chat log tries to load... its my main for fu*k sakes and i wanna do ambuscade but my party left me now and i am party-less now and log-in-less....

help? i did a file check, and my other ' main' alt char is just fine with logging on and my mule of my main char is also having NO issues to get on?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-05 08:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
No it diddn't it was broken for like a day xD

You're right, I forgot, but it didn't mind that wardrobe 2 existed, just couldn't utilize it. Which I was fairly surprised about.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 102 103 104