2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Plugins broken via Version Update
Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 102 103 104
By Verda 2016-04-21 03:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Any update for the Organizer issue discussed in the previous posts?
I posted fully updated ones with additional usable commands if you wanted to use them in the mean time till official release, though I changed more too so maybe you don't want that idk. I made it because the idea of having to keep some gear in wardrobe all the time in case I job change entirely defeated the purpose of organizer. Mage job and melee job share very little gear, and maybe I don't want to always use the gear they do share. I was pushing limits on gear inventory on some jobs as it was didn't need clutter from different jobs making it impossible. It is also a giant pain to function in most events or even just exp or cp without a lot of free inventory so I should be able to both be geared AND have a lot of free inventory AND have stuff stuffed in mog safe, mog safe 2, storage and locker that I have no use for while traveling and that's what it accomplished for me and I'm very happy with it.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-21 03:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Doryll said: »
Just validate functions doesn't works
Uhm Validate works flawlessly for me? D:

@Verda
I thought your fixes were just to enable Organizer to use Wardrobe2?
I don't care to use Wardrobe2 and I don't care if Organizer says "couldn't get XX items" because they are in Wardrobe2 and Organzier doesnt' "see them".

I'm talking about a different issue. That is the problem that on some jobs Organizer works ok, on other jobs he mysteriously cannot get a certain number of items which are in Case, Sack or Locker repositories, and I have to go and gather them manually.

As far as I know this issue is very strange and has nothing to do with Wardrobe2.
[+]
By Verda 2016-04-21 05:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sent you a pm Sechs, hope it helps.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-21 05:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Doryll said: »
Just validate functions doesn't works
Uhm Validate works flawlessly for me? D:

@Verda
I thought your fixes were just to enable Organizer to use Wardrobe2?
I don't care to use Wardrobe2 and I don't care if Organizer says "couldn't get XX items" because they are in Wardrobe2 and Organzier doesnt' "see them".

I'm talking about a different issue. That is the problem that on some jobs Organizer works ok, on other jobs he mysteriously cannot get a certain number of items which are in Case, Sack or Locker repositories, and I have to go and gather them manually.

As far as I know this issue is very strange and has nothing to do with Wardrobe2.

There was an issue with windower.get_items() that required a hook update. Have you seen it recently? Have you logged all the way out in the last couple of days, and gotten the hook update?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-21 05:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I logged in yesterday at around 8:00 PM UK, not sure if it downloaded a hook update since I didn't notice, but I had the same issue when I swapped from SCH to GEO, around 10ish items got left out and I had to gather them manually.

I haven't tried to reset organizer (delete folder and reinstall) after the hook update though, I did it only last week and that might be something I'm gonna do later tonight.

Verda also gave me some tips to check the lua files (item lists) inside the Organizer folder to see what I can gather about the items that get "left out" and what's different about them in those files.
It's something to be working on at least, I'll let you guys know if I find anything.

Is the way I use Organizer so "strange" though? I thought it was a pretty common way to use it but I seem to get now that I'm one of the very few people who use Organizer that way.
(that is: I have some specific repositories I want Organizer to be able to get item from, and a set of repositories I want Organizer to be able to put items into, ignoring everything else because I use them for other purposes and I don't want Organizer to stick his nose in there)
Basically it's pretty similar to what GearCollector was, just faster and more efficient :D
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-21 06:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the way I use Organizer so "strange" though? I thought it was a pretty common way to use it but I seem to get now that I'm one of the very few people who use Organizer that way.
(that is: I have some specific repositories I want Organizer to be able to get item from, and a set of repositories I want Organizer to be able to put items into, ignoring everything else because I use them for other purposes and I don't want Organizer to stick his nose in there)
Basically it's pretty similar to what GearCollector was, just faster and more efficient :D

You actually use it the same way I do.

re: updates, the project I'm on that's been devouring my time ends tomorrow, so this weekend will have some actual free time. I already have the new workflow in my head (and how to keep it backwards compat so people who like the old behavior don't have to switch), so it's just a matter of writing it and testing it.

Sorry for the delays.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-21 06:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll do my best to perform tests on my side and hopefully provide some useful data Rooks.
Meanwhile thanks for all the hard work!
[+]
By Verda 2016-04-21 11:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool glad you figuring it out :)

Also anyone that used my modified organizer please replace the consolidate.lua with this one, it could be pretty important to double check the item is equipment before trying to move to wardrobe and it does exactly that.

https://www.mediafire.com/?sir8o3l58x3ssfq have fun :D

I don't think most people limit the bags or change them vs default settings. Not just cuz of something about organizer but a huge majority of people usually end up with default settings simply b/c they never change them, since you change settings then it's a less tested configuration was just a starting point :) I knew from prior posts you were having trouble getting organizer to ignore some of your bags, which is the main reason I made that point. Also, it's pretty statistical, I remember for some microsoft product or something only like 10% of users ever used outside the default configuration @_@, I'm sure that's less true here but still.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-22 01:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the "reinstall Organizer" after hook update thing, but produced no result.
Then I tried to check the 12 items which weren't being catched by Organizer when I swapped to GEO, but I didn't notice anything special?
All of them were inside the organizer-lib file into the inventory folder, which holds like 93 or 94 items (shouldn't it hold 80 entries max?)

I also notice there's an organizer-lib only into the inventory and wardrobe folders, the other folders are empty.
Is that normal behaviour?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-23 15:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

All of them were inside the organizer-lib file into the inventory folder, which holds like 93 or 94 items (shouldn't it hold 80 entries max?)

I also notice there's an organizer-lib only into the inventory and wardrobe folders, the other folders are empty.
Bumping this. Anybody knows the answers?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-23 15:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this. Anybody knows the answers?

Yeah, it writes out those files and then just calls organizer with the filename as an argument. gs org doesn't try to line up any other inventories beyond those two.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-23 15:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Then what purpose do the other folders automatically created serve? If I may ask. Future use?

Also, do you know the answer for the first question? About having more than 80 entries in that file.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-23 16:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Then what purpose do the other folders automatically created serve? If I may ask. Future use?

Also, do you know the answer for the first question? About having more than 80 entries in that file.

The folders get automatically created by organizer itself. If you do an "org freeze" it'll fill all of them. When you run "org o" it takes a filename argument, and uses everything with that filename in each of those directories. The default filename, if you don't give one, is Name_JOB.lua.

What "gs org" actually does is write out those two files, then call "org o organizer-lib-file". Since that file is only in those two dirs, it only cares about those two inventories.

No idea why it holds so many now; it ought to error out. That said, I'm actually working on organizer this weekend so I hope to have everything sorted out.

Opinion question: I have it working so it just takes a big chunk of the gear you want and tries to put it anywhere equippable that it can, without worrying about inv/wardrobe/wardrobe2 (but prioritizing the last two). That's a major change in behavior. Should I make that a config setting? A new command? Or just change the default?

I'm leaning towards config setting (and turning it on in the default config file so new users get it automatically). Thoughts?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-23 16:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No idea why it holds so many now; it ought to error out.
Then that might be the reason why some people like me are experiencing the issue of some items not getting moved.

About your question I like the separate command better, but I guess it probably makes more sense to have it as a separate setting in the config settings.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-24 09:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else having an issue with Guildwork constantly updating everytime you open Windower?

This is what it looks like on my main when I start logging on my alt:
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-24 12:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Is anyone else having an issue with Guildwork constantly updating everytime you open Windower?

This is what it looks like on my main when I start logging on my alt:

Do you get that when you log everyone out and start fresh? The GW plugin operates a little differently than the others do, which might be part of it.

About your question I like the separate command better, but I guess it probably makes more sense to have it as a separate setting in the config settings.

I like separate command better as well, but "gs org" seems so natural. Maybe I'll just do both (ie, have "gs org" with the config option set act like "gs loadout" or whatever I call the new command). Suggestions for the new command?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-04-24 12:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it has been updating every time windower is opened. "Downloading Component".
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-24 13:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As Funkworkz says, it downloads guildwork everytime Windower is run.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-24 14:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Launcher is serving up a version of guildwork that's newer than the one on the guildwork server, so the guildwork server forces you to re-download the old version each time you log in. Thus you have an out-of-date version the next time you run the windower launcher, and the cycle continues.

Stan probably just needs to update his copy of guildwork.dll on the guildwork server.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-04-24 14:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth, are you also working on windower itself? can you please fix 4k resolution and the hardware mouse compatibility? I can give more details if somebody can fix it
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-24 14:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcon is really the one you need to contact. He's EU, so it's getting late there for today. Easiest way to contact him is to post an issue here:
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-04-24 14:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

After checking out the threads, i believe this is my issue:

https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/807
By Selindrile 2016-04-24 18:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if others are still having the particular Organizer issue I'm having, (I use Organizer the same way Sechs and Rooks do), in that it still only collects some of the items for a particular job with //gs org, however I work around it for now by using //org freeze and //org o.

I use //gs org to get the majority of items, collect the others by hand and then //org freeze and use //org o next time as those commands seem to be working completely fine for me.

Hope this helps anyone else who wants an easy stopgap before the new Organizer comes out.
 Phoenix.Sevrina
Server: Phoenix
user: Sevrina
By Phoenix.Sevrina 2016-04-24 18:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Should I make that a config setting? A new command? Or just change the default?

I'm leaning towards config setting (and turning it on in the default config file so new users get it automatically). Thoughts?

I like separate command better as well, but "gs org" seems so natural. Maybe I'll just do both (ie, have "gs org" with the config option set act like "gs loadout" or whatever I call the new command). Suggestions for the new command?

I think the config setting would be good; adding a second command also would be ok, maybe confusing at first. "gs wardorg" ?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-24 18:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sevrina said: »
gs wardorg

I originally read that as "gs wardog" and now I can't imagine calling it anything else.

[+]
By Takisan 2016-04-26 09:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any IME updates? Maybe its fixed and I just haven't tried the right things to get it working again on my computer.

Edit: I tested the IME on my computer and it works normally. All the key combinations change the character type and everything but I can't seem to get the green text on ffxi. I tried going through the procedure again (except the installment cause IME is already on my computer). I had to keep messing with IME to get it working the first time but I do remember I at least had the green text.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-04-26 13:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The folders get automatically created by organizer itself. If you do an "org freeze" it'll fill all of them. When you run "org o" it takes a filename argument, and uses everything with that filename in each of those directories. The default filename, if you don't give one, is Name_JOB.lua.

What "gs org" actually does is write out those two files, then call "org o organizer-lib-file". Since that file is only in those two dirs, it only cares about those two inventories.

No idea why it holds so many now; it ought to error out. That said, I'm actually working on organizer this weekend so I hope to have everything sorted out.

Opinion question: I have it working so it just takes a big chunk of the gear you want and tries to put it anywhere equippable that it can, without worrying about inv/wardrobe/wardrobe2 (but prioritizing the last two). That's a major change in behavior. Should I make that a config setting? A new command? Or just change the default?

I don't care where stuff goes, but I would like it to group it logically by slot (if that is at all possible) ie if I have 10 rings, I don't want 3 in inv. 3 in wardrobe and 4 in wardrobe2, I would like them all in the same spot. (key point being I hate if I equip via the gui looking for something in 3 spots)

Obviously I don't know if slots are coded in resources or something, but when culling the lua file if it could group them by table keys there. Anything not named after one of the 16 main slots should just go to inventory, but if I could configure feet to wardrobe2, legs to wardrobe, rings to inventory etc... that would be nice.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-29 14:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Been several weeks already, did you guys manage to find where the issue in Organizer is, in the end?
 Asura.Orangebear
user: Astaro
By Asura.Orangebear 2016-05-01 16:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted this in the organizer thread too, but just wondered if its perhaps due to a ninja update?

Having an issue with Organizer not pulling all the gear from the RUN GS file, and I cannot see why.

GS File: http://pastebin.com/ERsN9qEX

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It caps out at 51 items gathered and 21 items missing.

Here is the verbose file.
http://pastebin.com/dY08D7Zb

Here is my organizer settings file in case that plays any part?
http://pastebin.com/zwjyfDQ5

Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-01 17:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been discussing it for a while OB.
On some Luas Organizer fails to get a certain amount of items, while it perfectly gets all the others.

On some other lua organizer gets everything.

Some people been having this issue since April the 5th but alas no patch has been released yet so you're stuck with that issue until someone updates Organizer.

Temporary alternative route is to use the freeze command, as someone explained some posts ago.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 102 103 104