First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 102 103 104
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-23 08:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same, if you do it in-game it just saves it to the file. Which one you do doesn't matter, but there's less chance of screwing it up if you do it in-game.

The next time it lots incorrectly (for example lot on your mule when you expect your main to lot), enter "//tr lot list" on your mule and check if the item is on there. If it is, it's not a bug with Treasury but a bug with your settings.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-23 09:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't logged on in a day or two, but since the last update, the Find plugin hasn't been working. Any news on it being updated, or is there a replacement addon I have missed.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-23 09:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

find has been working fine for me~
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-23 10:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird. I'll do the normal //find item and, like find //find alex for alexandrite and it stays blank. I'll try to log in tonight. Maybe I need to erase and redownload.
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-23 11:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Thank you very much, that would be great.

Pummeler's lorica +1 +14 seconds
Agoge Calligae +1 +20 seconds

Would it be possible to add equipment for Aggressor, Warcry, Blood Rage and Mighty Strikes if they are not accounted for already?

• Aggressor ~ Pummeler's mask +1 +14 seconds, Agoge Lorica +1 +20 seconds

• Warcry ~ Agoge Mask +1 +30 seconds

• Blood Rage ~ Ravager's lorica +2 +30 seconds

• Mighty Strikes ~ edit*** Agoge Mufflers +2 +15 seconds

I believe the NQ versions of the equipment above may add slightly different time extensions, but don't really see much value in adding them.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry for the bump, but this hasn't been done, I appreciate you are busy but this is pretty annoying. If you can point me in the direction of an xml/text file or something I can do it myself if you don't have time.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-23 14:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that I don't have time but that Timers is currently in a somewhat messed up state, due to a few planned changes, so it's not quite as easy to edit. I think I'll stash the changes and revert to the previous version, as it's taking longer to adjust than I thought it would. I'll add those now. And you cannot adjust that yourself, Timers doesn't offer the option to adjust it manually.
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-23 15:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks a lot for the update, really appreciate it.

Wouldn't it be beneficial for the app to read a text file/xml file for variables? Would make upkeep less intensive.

"Because you know they are probably going to give sam permanent meditate after the Rudra's update (/sarcasm)."
VIP
By Iryoku 2014-12-23 15:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be beneficial for the app to read a text file/xml file for variables? Would make upkeep less intensive.
Because every case seems to follow slightly different rules, this isn't as easy as you might think. It would essentially amount to implementing a scripting engine in Timers, so it would probably be easier to reimplement the entire plugin as an addon.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-23 16:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks a lot for the update, really appreciate it.

Can you see if this file meets all the requirements? Also, I assume you meant Agoge Mufflers +1 in the last point (Mighty Strikes)? Because I couldn't find the +2 in the game. If so, those were already added before.
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-23 18:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I did indeed mean +1, I had not test, but thank you. Will test the dll and post back in a few.
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-23 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aggressor, Warcry and Mighty Strikes are correct on both recast and buff time.

Blood Rage and Retaliation recast are correct, but don't display a recast. (I think retaliation and defender have never shown a recast, not sure about BR)

Berserk recast is correct but the buff duration is not, missing gear duration from Pummeler's lorica +1 +14 seconds and Agoge Calligae +1 +20 seconds.

Sorry for delay in getting back to your had to double check.
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-23 19:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Iryoku said: »
Because every case seems to follow slightly different rules, this isn't as easy as you might think. It would essentially amount to implementing a scripting engine in Timers, so it would probably be easier to reimplement the entire plugin as an addon.

Didn't windower 3.X (timers, maybe called timer?) use a separate file that was editable by users for recast and buff duration?
Parse w, x, y and z in an array and condition that array in your code, 3 lines top in VB. w=equipment, x=buffduration+, y=equipment, z=-recastduration. I don't think it would be that big a deal to work that way, there is only equipment, merits and job points (that I know of) that effect buff recast and duration. Just a suggestion anyway.

I don't know the new languages (lua) that you gents use, so forgive me for my ignorance. I'm used to parsing parameters, editable, where ever possible in VB scripts and SQL.

Btw would timers account for job merits in say Clarion Call for example?
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-23 19:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm forgot summoner with skill determining duration, i.e. perfect defence.
VIP
By Iryoku 2014-12-23 23:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't windower 3.X (timers, maybe called timer?) use a separate file that was editable by users for recast and buff duration?
Parse w, x, y and z in an array and condition that array in your code, 3 lines top in VB. w=equipment, x=buffduration+, y=equipment, z=-recastduration. I don't think it would be that big a deal to work that way, there is only equipment, merits and job points (that I know of) that effect buff recast and duration. Just a suggestion anyway.

I don't know the new languages (lua) that you gents use, so forgive me for my ignorance. I'm used to parsing parameters, editable, where ever possible in VB scripts and SQL.

Btw would timers account for job merits in say Clarion Call for example?

I think you're thinking of Yarnball, and it had very limited support for customizing the duration of buffs, mostly to work around its lack of ability to check your gear, merits etc. Timers can and does take those things into account already, but every case is subtly different.

Is stat X multiplied before or after stat Y is added? Is the function completely linear, or does it have an inflection point? Is there a hard cap? The full functions for calculating durations can get quite unwieldy, and they're all a little bit different. Then to complicate things there's gear with augments, gear without augments, merits, job points, the list just goes on and on. There's just no simple way to encode all of that complexity in a few configurable numbers.

... Oh and yes, Timers takes into account merits, but I said that already.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-24 00:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't bothered to check, but does it take JP's into account for things like COR rolls?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-24 01:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood Rage and Retaliation recast are correct, but don't display a recast. (I think retaliation and defender have never shown a recast, not sure about BR)

You said the recast is correct but it doesn't show up? I think you mean the recast is correct but the duration doesn't show up?

If so, that's something that even you can fix, actually. Timers considers two things for calculating the duration of a buff. First its base duration and second duration modifiers (skill, gear, augments, buffs, etc.). The latter part is hardcoded into Timers because it would require a lot of work to make a parsable user file that considers all the factors. For example, some buffs last longer if you cast them with another buff on you (like Composure or Perpetuance). And modifiers that give extra seconds are multiplied along with the base duration, others are not. For example, currently we use the following structure to determine a buff's duration:
Code
struct BuffDuration
{
    unsigned int Action;
    unsigned int Buff;
    Targets::Target Target;
    float Base;
    float Add1;
    float Add2;
    float Add3;
    float Mult1;
    float Mult2;
    float Mult3;
    float Max;

BuffDuration()
        : Action(0), Buff(0), Base(0.0), Add1(0.0), Add2(0.0), Add3(0.0), Mult1(1.0), Mult2(1.0), Mult3(1.0), Max(0.0), Target(Targets::Self) { }

float Time()
    {
        float Result = ((Base * Mult1 + Add1) * Mult2 + Add2) * Mult3 + Add3;

return ((Max > 0) && (Result > Max)) ? Max : Result;
    }
};

This shows what is required for a single buff to be calculated correctly. When a piece of gear adds seconds to your duration, you can't just add seconds to a duration variable, you have to add it to the right category and know what it is and is not multiplied by.

The following example of a bard song:
1. You're casting Victory March with a base duration of two minutes.
2. Assume you have Troubadour active which doubles the song duration (i.e. increases duration by 100%).
3. You're using a Carnwenhan 119, which increases the duration by 50%.

Now, how will that compute? Will they add up and increase it by 150%? Or will it increase by 100% first and then again by 50%? Or the other way around? Furthermore:

4. You're wearing a Bihu Justaucorps +1. It adds 4 seconds per Troubadour merit to the duration. We will assume that the player has it fully upgraded (i.e. 5 merits).

How does that factor in? Will those 4*merit seconds be multiplied along with the base duration? Or only one of the two? If so, which one, or maybe even none?

5. You have Soul Voice active, which doubles duration again.
6. You have Clarion Call job points, which add 2 seconds per job point to the duration. We will assume that the player has it fully upgraded (i.e. 5 job points).

You can see what kind of mess you're getting into here. Just flat out adding seconds won't do you much good (which is what Yarnball did, so that's probably what you're thinking of... that's also why Yarnball was borderline useless in many situations). The correct way to resolve this is the following:
1. You set the base duration to 120.
2. Troubador increases the second multiplication by 1.0 (default: 1.0)
3. Carnwenhan increases the first multiplication by 0.5 (default: 1.0)
4. The Bihu Justaucorps +1 increases the first addition by 4.0 × job points (default: 0.0)
5. Soul Voice increases the third multiplication by 1.0 (default: 1.0)
6. Clarion Call increases the third addition by 2.0 × job points (default: 0.0)

This results in the following (in seconds):
Code
Duration = ((Base * Mult1 + Add1) * Mult2 + Add2) * Mult3 + Add3
         = (( 120 *  1.5  + 20.0) *  2.0  + 0.0 ) * 2.0  + 10.0
         = 810

So that's why it's so complicated to calculate and why we have to hardcode it into Timers. This doesn't even consider everything (some spells vary depending on whether or not you cast on yourself or an ally, some vary depending on the buffs that are active on yourself and so on).

However, the base duration is read separately and not hardcoded into Timers. The reason Blood Rage doesn't display at all is because it's missing a "duration" entry in the resources. You can check in Windower/res/job_abilities.lua which job abilities have a base duration and which do not. Two examples:
Code
    [267] = {id=267,en="Blood Rage",ja="ブラッドレイジ",element=4,icon_id=367,mp_cost=0,prefix="/jobability",range=11,recast_id=11,targets=1,tp_cost=0,type="JobAbility"},
    [269] = {id=269,en="Impetus",ja="インピタス",duration=180,element=0,icon_id=380,mp_cost=0,prefix="/jobability",range=0,recast_id=31,targets=1,tp_cost=0,type="JobAbility"},

You can see Blood Rage missing a duration entry, but Impetus does have one. Fortunately the resources can be adjusted by anyone (although it does require a GitHub account). First, you need to fork this repository:
https://github.com/Windower/ResourceExtractor
Once you have a GitHub account you can just click on the fork button and you're done. This gives you your own copy of the repository in which you can edit things. Next you'll need to find this file:
https://github.com/<YourAccountName>/ResourceExtractor/blob/master/fixes.xml

Make sure to fill in your account name in the URL above. This file contains all manual adjustments we make to parsed resources. The very first section in there already contains the job ability adjustments. Simply take Blood Rage's ID (267, as you can see in the above snippet from Windower/res/job_abilities.lua) and add a new entry for it with its base duration:
Code
      <o id="267" duration="30" /> <!-- Blood Rage -->

Then save the change and you have updated your own copy of our resource repository. Next submit a pull request by clicking on the "pull requests" button on the right panel. It should already default to the correct settings (i.e. you submitting a pull request from YourAccountName/ResourceExtractor:master to Windower/ResourceExtractor:master). Then we can accept it and publish the new resources.

In this case I will already do that myself now, this is just some info for you guys on how you can do that yourselves, if you're interested. Of course you can always just let us know about it and we can do it, too, this was just for those among you who are enthusiastic to help :)

Berserk recast is correct but the buff duration is not, missing gear duration from Pummeler's lorica +1 +14 seconds and Agoge Calligae +1 +20 seconds.

Thanks, I'll add that next.

Sorry for delay in getting back to your had to double check.

Np, was asleep anyway :)

Odin.Jassik said: »

I haven't bothered to check, but does it take JP's into account for things like COR rolls?

Yes. However, we have to encode all of it manually, so it might be that we missed something or made a mistake somewhere. If you notice that anything is missing or incorrect let us know and we can look into it.

Timers can take pretty much everything into account. Skill, gear, augments, buffs, merits, job points, targets, even environmental factors, if necessary. That doesn't mean that it always does, like I said, every single adjustment has to be made manually, so it's very possible that we forgot something. You can let us know either here or, preferably, on our issue tracker. We cannot guarantee that we'll check this thread, but we will always get an email notification when someone posts on the issue tracker, and we can manage issues easier on there.
By Selindrile 2014-12-24 02:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm uncertain if this is a windower or vanilla issue or if it's specific to a plugin or whatnot but several of my friends have been having issues where they're unable to target other players, I've only experienced it once myself, the players simply don't load in, unable to cast spells on them even by typing their name (though you can curaga someone else or yourself and it will hit them, etc) but it's becoming surprisingly frequent lately.
 Bismarck.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-12-24 04:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had that happen a few times, I just reloaded Dressup and issue went away.
By Selindrile 2014-12-24 05:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, thanks
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-24 07:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I just went through the wiki page for each job and added all missing abilities to the duration section. I would appreciate if someone could skim over the additions and see if I got everything right. Unless I missed something every job ability that results in a buff should have a duration now.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-24 08:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Did something change today? My game is crashing everytime I go from POL to FFXI.

EDIT: I did a system restore and now it works, I know I tipped my keyboard and then all of a sudden FFXI was running and that's when it started crashing, wonder what the hell I hit that made it crash.
 Lakshmi.Jassik
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jassik
By Lakshmi.Jassik 2014-12-24 09:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

Yes. However, we have to encode all of it manually, so it might be that we missed something or made a mistake somewhere. If you notice that anything is missing or incorrect let us know and we can look into it.

Timers can take pretty much everything into account. Skill, gear, augments, buffs, merits, job points, targets, even environmental factors, if necessary. That doesn't mean that it always does, like I said, every single adjustment has to be made manually, so it's very possible that we forgot something. You can let us know either here or, preferably, on our issue tracker. We cannot guarantee that we'll check this thread, but we will always get an email notification when someone posts on the issue tracker, and we can manage issues easier on there.

I generally just harass Byrth, but I'll double check duration on COR rolls today or tomorrow.

Edit: Double checked with 2 different rolls, both times it was correct for my current JP/Merits. 5/5 Winning Streak 7/10 PR duration.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2014-12-31 08:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't update related, but I didn't feel the need tomake a new topic. I don't know if this is just me or not, but Luacore is crashing upon load, hence no addons. Is anyone else having this issue?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-31 08:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The hook updated when I logged in just now and when I get in game I get "luacore encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: Access violation in Additem method."

Then of course all addons unload.

EDIT: Ha posted at the same time as Inuyushi!
 Sylph.Avebian
Server: Sylph
user: Avebian
By Sylph.Avebian 2014-12-31 08:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also getting this same error
By Selindrile 2014-12-31 08:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, pretty widespread, since last windower update luacore getting the same error for me.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-31 08:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be fixed as of a few minutes ago, by the way, sorry about that. The live branch was behind the development branch more than I thought.
By Selindrile 2014-12-31 08:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks much for the quick fix!
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-12-31 08:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And just fyi, there is a Hook update along with a LuaCore update. You may be able to just update LuaCore, but it could result in a crash, I'm not sure.
By Selindrile 2014-12-31 08:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just crashed anyway restarted and everything -seems- to be working fine.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 102 103 104