First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 102 103 104
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-12-01 18:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
double casting isn't being caused by shortcuts, the server is unreliable as f*ck so it replies too slow causing the client to think it's message wasn't received and resend it

ie:

Client: MARCO
1 second passes
Server: POLO
1 second passes

in this example, MARCO is you starting your cast and POLO is the server trying to make it begin(so the second one doesn't go through because you're already casting)

Ummm, no. Unloading shortcuts resolves the double casting error, there is definately a problem with it. There is no "1 sec" pause because the double cast error happens with every single spell (the first time and every time thereafter), which causes gearswap to fail all midcast swaps. Like was said before, unloading shortcuts fixes this.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-12-01 19:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
double casting isn't being caused by shortcuts, the server is unreliable as f*ck so it replies too slow causing the client to think it's message wasn't received and resend it

ie:

1 second passes
1 second passes

in this example, MARCO is you starting your cast and POLO is the server trying to make it begin(so the second one doesn't go through because you're already casting)

Ummm, no. Unloading shortcuts resolves the double casting error, there is definately a problem with it. There is no "1 sec" pause because the double cast error happens with every single spell (the first time and every time thereafter), which causes gearswap to fail all midcast swaps. Like was said before, unloading shortcuts fixes this.
I've narrowed it down to it being shortcuts's fault, as well.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-01 19:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »

it's possible it's a different problem, but double casting happens on ashita with shorthand(my version of shortcuts) and without, primarily in instanced areas

one possibility is that it's only applied to 'menu style' commands(internal commands that use target's entity ID instead of <t> <bt> etc.. shortcuts uses this but so does the game when you use <st> stuff or cast from the menu)

either way, it's most likely NOT something caused by shortcuts, but i'm sure byrth will weigh in eventually
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-12-01 19:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't explain why or how it happens. It doesn't just happen when typing out spells by shorthand, also when I hit macros that are spelled and formatted correctly.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-01 19:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be due mishandling of delayed commands in gearswap. I'll have to check it out.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-01 20:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It could be due mishandling of delayed commands in gearswap. I'll have to check it out.

LS mates have just reported it spamming Sublimation until infinity.

Had to unload delete file and re install to fix.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-01 21:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I still can't replicate this bug. What exact command do you guys have in your macros in order to make this happen?

I just pushed -dev live, but it shouldn't matter.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-12-01 21:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Using standard commands, not short hand. IE: /ma "Victory March" <me> /ma "Haste" <t> would all cause the double cast. Will try the GS that just got pushed when I get a chance.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-01 21:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using both Spellcast and Shortcuts? If you are, try unloading Spellcast.

If you have shortcuts and gearswap loaded, try reloading them using //gs r shortcuts -or- //gs r gearswap
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-12-01 21:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't used spellcast since it was depreciated, so it's definitely not loaded (thank you for gearswap btw, don't think I've ever had the chance to thank you directly).
By Crevox 2014-12-02 04:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shortcuts is now trying to force casts that you wouldn't normally do, even without the <t>.

Example: before, when I typed /cureiii targeted on a Moblin, it would heal myself. Now, it casts Cure III on the Moblin, causing no effect.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-02 05:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

//cureiii while targeting a Moblin always should have cured the Moblin. If that's really what happened, before was the error.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-12-02 07:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This probably wont be of much help but playing around with the Haste spell, <me> did not cause the error while <t> did. Unloading shortcuts stopped the double casting. I reloaded it and it double casted again. I then reloaded GearSwap (with Shortcuts still loaded), that stopped the double casting. I proceeded to reload Shortcuts, and the double casting came back.

Using show swaps I got:

-------precast------
gear swaps
--------------------
------midcast-------
gear swaps
--------------------
-------precast------
gear swaps
--------------------
------midcast-------
gear swaps
--------------------
Starts casting Haste
------aftercast-----
gear swaps
--------------------
Unable to cast spells at this time.
------aftercast-----
gear swaps
--------------------
Casts Haste.
Gains the effect of Haste.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-12-02 17:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

First Erase and Haste were done using standard macros (/ma "Haste" <t>).
Second spells were done shorthand (//haste) while I was the target.As you can see from this next picture, using my macro will trigger a double cast and force me into aftercast set before the spell finishes. The second time though when using shorthand, it goes off properly.

Note: Ignore the "Unable to cast..." msg @ 18:41:40 as I tried to recast Haste before it was up. x_x
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-02 19:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
First Erase and Haste were done using standard macros (/ma "Haste" <t>).
Second spells were done shorthand (//haste) while I was the target.As you can see from this next picture, using my macro will trigger a double cast and force me into aftercast set before the spell finishes. The second time though when using shorthand, it goes off properly.

Note: Ignore the "Unable to cast..." msg @ 18:41:40 as I tried to recast Haste before it was up. x_x

In your sets put a rule that stops stuff if Midaction.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-03 06:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, that is the info I needed. If I can replicate it tonight when I get home, I will fix it. If I can't replicate it, I will need to see your file.

Edit: I've figured it out, but it's kind of annoying to fix.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-03 21:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I pushed a fix for this, but I'm unsure why the problematic code was in the addon in the first place.

Soon someone will tell me why it was there. =p
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-12-03 23:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I pushed a fix for this, but I'm unsure why the problematic code was in the addon in the first place.

Soon someone will tell me why it was there. =p
Thank you, Byrth. In the words of a wise company: working as intended.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-09 14:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Big surprise given SE copied its effect, but Timestamp is broken.
 Odin.Brahk
Server: Odin
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2014-12-09 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Along
Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Big surprise given SE copied its effect, but Timestamp is broken.

Along the same vein, any of the add_to_chat functions of GearSwap seem to be suppressed or not working. My gear swaps correctly, I just don't get the normal chat log notifications that I did previously. Thanks in advance for the hard work that you always do every version update!
By Selindrile 2014-12-09 16:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure all of add_to_chat is borked, GS, Findall etc, but that's unsurprising given the chat log modifications.

Preemtive thanks for when you guys fix this, :D
By Acacia 2014-12-09 17:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
Pretty sure all of add_to_chat is borked, GS, Findall etc, but that's unsurprising given the chat log modifications.

Yeah, SE changed the function that displays text in the chat log because of the new double window thing. It might be a bit before that all gets fixed.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-12-09 17:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Rolltracker doesnt work anymore ...
By Sugarush 2014-12-09 18:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

After getting the new Hook.dll I am unable to move (and move camera) effectively. If I want to go anywhere I have to rapid fire wasd etc.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-09 18:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »

Temp Fis windower send_command('/echo [TP return <tp>]')

works instead.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2014-12-09 18:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sugarush said: »
After getting the new Hook.dll I am unable to move (and move camera) effectively. If I want to go anywhere I have to rapid fire wasd etc.

I'm getting that too plus the ctrl and alt keys aren't working.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-09 18:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Midaction() still borked in gearswap?

I knwo it was before but I don't know if this specific issue was fixed since Flippant and I spotted it in my WHM Gs!
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-12-09 18:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sugarush said: »

Same.
By Bigsmokey 2014-12-09 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yah I am having the movement problem, you press foward on the keyboard and it just moves an inch and stops. I supose I will turn all plugin off and see if its a plugin that is cuasing it. Has anyone else found a fix for this issue yet?
By Crevox 2014-12-09 18:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

New BPs don't work with Gearswap it seems, I guess they need to be added to the resource files?

Battlemod is broken for me. I just don't get any messages with it on and there are errors in the console.
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 102 103 104