FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 16581 16582 16583 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 15:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything insulting is gaining ground lol... you can't say anything to anyone anymore without someone being offended.

No one can take a joke or the truth. Having the wrong opinion can destroy a carreer. We've honestly become a nation of babies for the most part. Some causes are necassary yes but a lot of this has just gotten out of hand.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 15:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
PLEEBS!

It's your fan club, we need joo!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 15:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

NO GUNTER!!!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-22 15:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're saying Josi; that you harp about tact and diplomacy but you're inexplicably blunt?

edit: hate predictive text on Samsungs.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-22 15:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Everything insulting is gaining ground lol... you can't say anything to anyone anymore without someone being offended.

No one can take a joke or the truth. Having the wrong opinion can destroy a carreer. We've honestly become a nation of babies for the most part. Some causes are necassary yes but a lot of this has just gotten out of hand.

Obvious sexist says:well the problem here is objects are going in the wrong hole. She should have put'em in her mouth.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 15:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Josiahfk said: »
I'm the youngest one here but the most senority
/strokes my goatee evil-like and puts you on the short list to be a Cabinet leader when I take over the world.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 15:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »

k
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-22 15:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

When in this nation haven't people complained? Nation of babies? In comparison to what? I'd like to hear of this idealistic age when people took it on the chin cause I'm gonna scream nostalgia goggles in response. In the past you'd just be jailed, beaten or killed if you bucked the status quo too hard.

The difference today is that you hear more voices because of technology and the idea that all opinions are valid amidst a stunning lack of evidence to support said opinions. All opinions are NOT equal. Pluralism doesn't mean I have to accept your belief in something ridiculous like the Loch Ness Monster or aliens raping you in your sleep with a metallic object. Protip: It was your wife with the vibrator bro.

Our problem isn't that people are speaking but that we're unwilling or unable to discern reality from fiction because intellectual methods of sorting sense from nonsense are shouted down in exchange for money buying influence and feel-good philosophy. Sometimes you have to admit you're wrong.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 15:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
That was floated for Lukas!!!
I hung out a lil bit with my Lukas, man is he fun, till he vomits all oer your new shirt. XD And even then, still adorable.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-22 15:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, Obama!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 15:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm amazed they have teams. >_>; Not that I follow NBA at all.

News people did tell me Black hawks beat the Blues in a game, so yay Mag?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-22 15:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 15:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You're wrong lol... While it is true that more voices are heard because of technology, the way we treat every little situation where someone got their feelings hurt or is offended by something is vastly different even ten years ago compared to today.

Jailed, beaten or killed? Are you kidding me? He fatty! Take it or we'll *** kill you!

Everything seems to be someone elses fault. I'm the one speaking and I'm always perfect but some external force is the reason for this.

If it makes you feel better this is purely my opinion and backed by nothing other than my own observations lol though I thought that was pretty obvious.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-22 16:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You're wrong lol... While it is true that more voices are heard because of technology, the way we treat every little situation where someone got their feelings hurt or is offended by something is vastly different even ten years ago compared to today.

Jailed, beaten or killed? Are you kidding me? He fatty! Take it or we'll *** kill you!

Everything seems to be someone elses fault. I'm the one speaking and I'm always perfect but some external force is the reason for this.

If it makes you feel better this is purely my opinion and backed by nothing other than my own observations lol though I thought that was pretty obvious.

And why is that? Because we have 24/7 media where in order to make money you need to talk about a wide variety of topics to fill up space and satisfy the limitless niches on and offline. Naturally the topics that don't appeal to you will come off as whining yet there are SO many voices jockeying for the attention of the masses that you'll have to simply filter many out and draw your own conclusions.

You really think the old school of telling kids 'deal with it' when you're being *** with at school was effective? Half the people on XIAH alone show signs of internalizing that stuff and they're well into their 20s-30s. Naturally people go overboard (zero tolerance much?) but when isn't that the case? I tend to look at things on a case-by-case basis.

I think the problem with many people is that they're being shown what they don't want to see thanks to the media. The ugliness of certain topics are best kept in the closet like feminism, LBGT issues, racial issues and economic disparity. It's far easier to call it all whining and drift into a nostalgic haze where everything was rosy back in the 50s or whatever era one deems the golden age.

Oh wait-
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 16:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I think the problem with many people is that they're being shown what they don't want to see thanks to the media

problem? that's the solution!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-22 16:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Git' 'dis sheeut owlt ub NI 'nd tayk ut 2 aye Pea&aawwR thread (intentionally written for Mosin's pleasure) or make some kind of a philosophical thread about universal social subconsciousness.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 16:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Git' 'dis sheeut owlt ub NI 'nd tayk ut 2 aye Pea&aawwR thread (intentionally written for Mosin's pleasure) or make some kind of a philosophical thread about universal social subconsciousness.

nah, it's all good, those two never hurt my brain when they talk P&R.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 16:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

philosophical thread about universal social subconsciousness.

that's totally a thing.

I stand by 1 scientific experiment, Buddhist teachings, & pure anecdotal evidence, & you'll never sway me on this one.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 16:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »

I can only take the last quarter of a basketball game.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-22 16:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a problem when you live in a world of absolutes.

A good example is when people in my age group wax nostalgic about 80s cartoons high on emotions and lacking in objectivity. Of course I love many of the shows that I grew up watching but if you were to watch them today and be honest we've come a ways from the saturday morning cheese that passed itself on our undeveloped sensibilities.

Shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show are far more intelligent than what I grew up on. It doesn't cheapen my childhood, it simply admits that the construct in my head is just that - a construct.

I mean have anyone seriously sat and watched some early 80s cheese recently? The writing makes my eyes roll. xD
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-22 16:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
philosophical thread about universal social subconsciousness.

that's totally a thing.

I stand by 1 scientific experiment, Buddhist teachings, & pure anecdotal evidence, & you'll never sway me on this one.

I'd say Mass Hysteria is best example but usually the topic is people going on about some description about how social perceptions are changing, ex: the end of slavery and the end of institutionalized racism etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 16:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

And why is that? Because we have 24/7 media where in order to make money you need to talk about a wide variety of topics to fill up space and satisfy the limitless niches on and offline. Naturally the topics that don't appeal to you will come off as whining yet there are SO many voices jockeying for the attention of the masses that you'll have to simply filter many out and draw your own conclusions.

You really think the old school of telling kids 'deal with it' when you're being *** with at school was effective? Half the people on XIAH alone show signs of internalizing that stuff and they're well into their 20s-30s. Naturally people go overboard (zero tolerance much?) but when isn't that the case? I tend to look at things on a case-by-case basis.

I think the problem with many people is that they're being shown what they don't want to see thanks to the media. The ugliness of certain topics are best kept in the closet like feminism, LBGT issues, racial issues and economic disparity. It's far easier to call it all whining and drift into a nostalgic haze where everything was rosy back in the 50s or whatever era one deems the golden age.

Oh wait-
What are you even talking about at this point? This has nothing to do with the media showing me anything and you seem to just be going off on a unrelated tangent. How does any of this have anything to do with anything that I've said?

This is me bitching about things going on around me and my observations born of it then making a generalization about the country as a whole. I'm glad to see you have that pre recorded message handy to respnd though.

The world shouldn't end for someone because you were called a name. If you seriously can't handle even that you're in for a lot of trouble in life.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 16:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean like when you freak out and call for the abolition of theology as it would absolutely make the world a better place?

Edit: You speak like you think you are an objective person.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 16:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

I can only take the last quarter of a basketball game.
I have been to a few games, MUCH more fun to watch live, like Baseball too.

I can't go to anymore American Soccer games anymore. I just don't see them trying and it takes the joy out.

Ever go to a Cowboys game? Or any other live sports venue?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-22 16:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever go to a Cowboys game? Or any other live sports venue?

I can't do football anymore, the TV timeout's kill it for me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 16:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, were all doomed...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16581 16582 16583 ... 18549 18550 18551