2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 16578 16579 16580 ... 18549 18550 18551
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 12:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
I like the name Maximilian. Ashman and Jet would know why. Josi wouldn't tho....

Pegasus!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 12:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I like the name Maximilian. Ashman and Jet would know why. Josi wouldn't tho....

Pegasus!
Sterling was an ok name/character. I like the JP version Jenius as the last name more.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 12:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

/barfs
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 12:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been so ridiculously bored lately. I seriously think teaching is the way to go.

I applied for a city job, which would have been more of a lateral move and somewhat unrelated to most of my experience, a couple of months ago. Guv'mnt holidays!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 12:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My current job is boring as ***, I miss my old job, I wish my contract hadn't ended... I mean it got extended for 3+ months due to my awesomeness, and the one manager didn't want me to go, but her hands were tied at that point, due to budget cut backs...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 12:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you teach, I have one request. Please educate them that 1x4 and 1x6, and all 1x material is NOT the actual 1"x4" and 1"x6", etc. 3/4"x3-1/2"!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY. TIME.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 12:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That was floated for Lukas!!! Seriously, he was very close to being Sterling August XYZ!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 12:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I've been so ridiculously bored lately

same here.

teaching isn't the way to go for me though.

I'll just stay bored.

I applied for a city job, which would have been more of a lateral move and somewhat unrelated to most of my experience, a couple of months ago. Guv'mnt holidays!

could be a fun change of pace. I'm starting to think repetition eventually leads everything into being just a bbbbbbooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. So in my twisted view, I may as well change my reaction to being bored, rather than the activity to that led me there. who knows, an endless supply of cocaine & 10,000$ hookers would get boring eventually me thinks.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 12:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That was floated for Lukas!!! Seriously, he was very close to being Sterling August XYZ!
Maximillian Pegasus is a character from Yu Gi Oh! and I was using it as a joke.

Maximilian Sterling is a character from the series Robotech, where our friend skull here derives his name from another thing in the series, several different series were translated into basically the same cannon for a US release as "Robotech."

I said it in the way I did to poke a bit of fun.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 12:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
If you teach, I have one request. Please educate them that 1x4 and 1x6, and all 1x material is NOT the actual 1"x4" and 1"x6", etc. 3/4"x3-1/2"!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY. TIME.
whaaaaaaaaaaaa
I have no idea what that would be in your evil Canadian metric system... '_'
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 12:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
whaaaaaaaaaaaa
people get confused by the misnomer of a 1x4 isn't exactly 1x4 inches, if I understand him right, and I didn't really know that off the top of my head, or if I did I don't recall, I used to do a bit of volunteer construction but it's been over 10 years...

oh and lolCanada

(but seriously, Metric ftw!)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 12:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maximillian Pegasus is a character from Yu Gi Oh! and I was using it as a joke.
I totally forgot about that. XD Not huge fan of show though...

Maximilian Sterling is a character from the series Robotech, where our friend skull here derives his name from another thing in the series, several different series were translated into basically the same cannon for a US release as "Robotech."
Max Jenius is da ***. You know he gets to be a Fleet Captain in Macross 7 right?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 12:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^Sometimes I wonder if people were asleep during foundational geometry, because of this reason. How do people not understand measurements when they come out of elementary school, even if you're on the layman level?!? Some subs! Not you. I'm just with you on the BASIC math tangent.^^^

If I end up teaching, I'm going to go to the middle school high school level and get AP certified. (Ain't touchin' middle school! That ***was terrible! LOL!)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-22 12:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of my grad school gig might be adjunct work with freshman college noobs. My body is not ready.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 12:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

/stretch
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 12:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Part of my grad school gig might be adjunct work with freshman college noobs. My body is not ready.

Nor your mind! BUM BUM BUM!

EDIT: Their minds aren't ready! That seems more appropriate.

Siren.Mosin said: »
could be a fun change of pace. I'm starting to think repetition eventually leads everything into being just a bbbbbbooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. So in my twisted view, I may as well change my reaction to being bored, rather than the activity to that led me there. who knows, an endless supply of cocaine & 10,000$ hookers would get boring eventually me thinks.

I've been begrudging of the repetition for a bit.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 12:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
/stretch

bout mf'ing time, you lazy mennonite taking vacations for entire weeks n' shits!!!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-22 12:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

which begs my previous question again, won't something else eventually become just as mind numbing again due to repetition?

I've been thinking so. I could be wrong.

idk.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 12:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^Sometimes I wonder if people were asleep during foundational geometry, because of this reason. How do people not understand measurements when they come out of elementary school, even if you're on the layman level?!? Some subs! Not you. I'm just with you on the BASIC math tangent.^^^
OMG YES. Agreed. And not Archs either, just...in general...

If I end up teaching, I'm going to go to the middle school high school level and get AP certified. (Ain't touchin' middle school! That ***was terrible! LOL!)
If you do, I wish you luck and patience.

people get confused by the misnomer of a 1x4 isn't exactly 1x4 inches, if I understand him right, and I didn't really know that off the top of my head, or if I did I don't recall, I used to do a bit of volunteer construction but it's been over 10 years...
Correct they do, but I have seen too many drawings by Archs/ID taht show 1"x6" and they call it 1x6. I'm like, "no way, thats 5/4x8 ripped down to 6" "

When moved to 1" thick material, the boards are called 5/4 boards. I have seen like 2 architects correctly call it that, usually they just go with "1" thick material" and its understood too. But this comes up as a problem cause a lot because the flat boards are being used more for trim, specifically base, and 1"x4" is 5/4x6 ripped down to 4" tall/wide, making it a custom run material. Then everyone harps over the high cost and it goes down to something sane. But every time I have to go through this exercise...

BTW, they are called 1x4 cause 1" x 4" are cut out of the tree log. It is Sanded on 4 Sides, aka S4S, down to a smooth surface for finish.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 12:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

/stretch

bout mf'ing time, you lazy mennonite taking vacations for entire weeks n' shits!!!
It happens... we like to take our vacations seriously... You should take some more often man! Join the mission!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 13:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone has been messing with my PMs changing the title... came back today and one of them had been changed to all male tarus are perverts and now it's (no subject)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-22 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

which begs my previous question again, won't something else eventually become just as mind numbing again due to repetition?

I've been thinking so. I could be wrong.

idk.

I'm sure, but I would hope that there would be more opportunities for variety.

I think we all need to go get a nice adrenaline rush! Quick! Grab your waterskis! We're going to San Francisco Bay!!!

Someone has been messing with my PMs changing the title... came back today and one of them had been changed to all male tarus are perverts and now it's (no subject)

WHAT?!?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-22 13:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

XIAH goblins at work once again.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 13:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct they do, but I have seen too many drawings by Archs/ID taht show 1"x6" and they call it 1x6. I'm like, "no way, thats 5/4x8 ripped down to 6" "

When moved to 1" thick material, the boards are called 5/4 boards. I have seen like 2 architects correctly call it that, usually they just go with "1" thick material" and its understood too. But this comes up as a problem cause a lot because the flat boards are being used more for trim, specifically base, and 1"x4" is 5/4x6 ripped down to 4" tall/wide, making it a custom run material. Then everyone harps over the high cost and it goes down to something sane. But every time I have to go through this exercise...

BTW, they are called 1x4 cause 1" x 4" are cut out of the tree log. It is Sanded on 4 Sides, aka S4S, down to a smooth surface for finish.[/quote]
OK I vaguely recall hearing something about that, but wouldn't have thought about it. Good thing to know when I'm drawing out plans for my new desk and entertainment center, as I'm tired of not being able to find what I want, so I'll build my own. I just need to find somebody with a table saw, and a few other tools to build it right.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-22 13:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, this page brought to you by freedom! I'M BACK ***!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-22 13:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused. How are these two points a sign of agreement? Wood that we call 1" by 4" is nothing like as wide or as high as that. It's a basic understanding of measurement that causes the confusion for laymen. And it's bloody stupidity (and sloth -- we could just use metric measures if fractional values are such a pain) that we retain out-dated naming conventions that are hypothetically but not really mathematical.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16578 16579 16580 ... 18549 18550 18551