Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-01-31 09:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Underage drink
2. Underage cigarette smoking
3. Illegal drugs that you thought you hid perfectly
4. Orgy

at least that's what it was for my school's afterparty, and it was a catholic private school.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-31 09:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I would just offer to get her a hotel room.
Isn't he like 19 too? I don't know about you guys but I didn't really have a bunch of money to throw at hotel rooms when I was in school... And you got to put her up in a decent one lol.
If she's the 'independent' type, he could offer to help her pay for one.

Any and all money in this endeavour has to come from me. She's not in a very good financial situation.
Gotcha.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-01-31 09:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm.

If I get 1-2 other buddies to also get dates, is it socially acceptable to, after the ball, all go out as a group, or should I be looking to stay alone?

I have no preference, but I don't understand social norms. Or women.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-31 09:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm.

If I get 1-2 other buddies to also get dates, is it socially acceptable to, after the ball, all go out as a group, or should I be looking to stay alone?

Groups work best if everyone knows a majority of the other people. If it's you and your buddies, and none of the dates know each other, they will most likely feel awkward.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-01-31 09:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm.

Groups work best if everyone knows a majority of the other people. If it's you and your buddies, and none of the dates know each other, they will most likely feel awkward.

True.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-01-31 09:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Out as a group like going to a restaurant?
Going out to other places as a group is fine. Back when I did that stuff, we always went to lolDenny's or Coney Island.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-01-31 09:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ball -> (Diner <-> movie) -> crash on couch at 4~am?
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2012-01-31 09:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're just over-analyzing at this point Sect. Just have fun, worrying will only give you an ulcer.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 09:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't he like 19 too? I don't know about you guys but I didn't really have a bunch of money to throw at hotel rooms when I was in school... And you got to put her up in a decent one lol.
yeah.............. I'm sorry I don't even get why you would say this.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 09:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said: »
1. Underage drink 2. Underage cigarette smoking 3. Illegal drugs that you thought you hid perfectly 4. Orgy at least that's what it was for my school's afterparty, and it was a catholic private school.
I don't understand why people say "Catholic Private School" all Catholic schools are private...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 09:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
I think you're just over-analyzing at this point Sect. Just have fun, worrying will only give you an ulcer.
Listen to the king... he is wise.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-01-31 09:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm used to saying it that way. I hated that damn place.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 09:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else think orgies are weird?
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2012-01-31 09:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

/
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-31 09:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It would save him money without making him seem cheap.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 09:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm used to saying it that way. I hated that damn place.
Why?

The only real difference for me was that there are Theology classes, for me at least. I figure anyone can take those as a benefit or a way to study their enemies lol.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 09:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said: »
Is your definition of orgy, anything more than 3 people?
I'd say 4 at least... I'm still not into the whole threesome thing either though. I thoroughly enjoy my time with the one on one interaction and thinking about adding more just turns me off.

Edit: I'm not knocking it for people that enjoy that but to me I just don't get it lol.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-01-31 09:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why?
1. Church twice a week. Once at school on Friday and once again on Sunday.
2. The priests always drank the wine.
3. "TUCK IN YOUR SHIRT OR YOU'LL GET A DETENTION!" every 5 minutes.
4. Strict uniform policy and no electronics except a calculator.
5. Religion class
6. (For my case) Ukrainian class
7. Old nuns slapping you on the hand or slamming your head on your desk because you weren't paying attention, LEGALLY.
8. Strict uniform policy.
9. Reduced science classes (because of the God vs Evolution ***)
10. Strict recess activities.
11. Swearing could get you expelled.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2012-01-31 09:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This, and the fact that some women don't like it when the guy pays for everything...makes us feel uncomfortable like we owe them "something" in return...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 09:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Why? 1. Church twice a week. Once at school on Friday and once again on Sunday. 2. The priests always drank the wine. 3. "TUCK IN YOUR SHIRT OR YOU'LL GET A DETENTION!" every 5 minutes. 4. Strict uniform policy and no electronics except a calculator. 5. Religion class 6. (For my case) Ukrainian class 7. Old nuns slapping you on the hand or slamming your head on your desk because you weren't paying attention, LEGALLY. 8. Strict uniform policy. 9. Reduced science classes (because of the God vs Evolution ***) 10. Strict recess activities. 11. Swearing could get you expelled.
How old are you?

We had mass in HS on special occasions but they never forced us to go. We had no preists or sisters at our school only Christian brothers but I never witnessed them drinking wine or attending class drunk (our tennis coach was always drunk though lol).

We did have a fairly strict dress code as being untucked or coming without a tie was punishable by detention. I wear a shirt and tie to work though so I don't see the difference really...

Phones really weren't huge when I was in school and there really wasn't an issue.

Theology class yes we had those as a requirement as well but didn't you have other classes you dislike too? lol.

I was required to take a foreign language all four years. I took Spanish but I'm not sure how Ukranian fits in for you.

The part about the nuns makes me assume you're a lot older than I am because when I went to school at least they were not legally allowed to do this and haven't been for at least the last 30 years...

You did double up on the uniform policy which I never really cared about lol. I am fashionably challenged so it made my wardrobe choices very simple.

I personally had some of the best science classes available. My HS physics class was more advanced than some of my college courses and I as a physics major for a bit. Chem was also very good but the biology teacher I had was a bit meh. The brothers at my school all had doctorates in all different fields of science and they made classes interesting as well (at least the ones I had.

Recess? Oh you're talking about grade school? I had uniforms there too. Navy Blue Khakis and a sky blue polo. The worst thing about that was I had my mother as a teacher lol (she did drag me out of class by my ear once but no one else ever touched me). Again, I feel I received a good education. We got half of lunch for recess and went out and played basketball or kicked a ball around. girl usually did jump rope or something. We had gym class once a week as well though our facilities were pretty fail.

Swearing gettting you expelled? That seems odd to me too lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-31 09:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kal is 28?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 09:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
This, and the fact that some women don't like it when the guy pays for everything...makes us feel uncomfortable like we owe them "something" in return...
Then why do you accept things when guys buy them for you? Personally if I buy something for someone I'm doing it because I want to. If they don't want it then I expect them to tell me and I'm more than happy to let them pay for it themselves. *** for tat is *** anyways. Also, I know a lot of women and men who have no problem having everything paid for them lol.

In Sect's situation though you're bringing someone out of their neighborhood into yours. In that situation it's common courtesy to offer. If she doesn't want to except them I'm sure she's quite capable of planning for it herself.

The whole hey want to come out to my ball but hey you're going to have to find your own place to stay tonight afterwards is lol.
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-01-31 09:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I say at least offer. With all my years of wisdom, that seems best.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-01-31 10:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 27 and all except the last one are true (last one was more detention than expulsion)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-31 10:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 27 and all except the last one are true (last one was more detention than expulsion)
You're right around my age too. If there were nuns there beating on people I suggest you "whistleblow" the ***out of that place. I personally have nothing against Catholic schooling but that stuff is definitely not legal and wasn't at that time either.

I don't know if it was just approved of as a form of discipline by the community or whatever but I find that hard to believe in the 90's.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2012-01-31 10:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just saying....I don't mind it when he pays for things..but I hate...like throw a fit hate...when he wants to pay for everything...especially when it's something simple.

He can vouch for my fits >.>

I'm not other girls though so meh....I'm used to paying for everything myself...if I want something, I pay for it...been that way for years.

Don't mind me :P
First Page 2 3 ... 14451 14452 14453 ... 18549 18550 18551