2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 54 55 56
VIP
By Kalila 2016-09-07 13:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not expect such a classic FF character theme to be Noctis's theme. Honestly suprised.

I loved the reasoning they gave for it too, makes it mean a lot.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-09-07 13:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That battle theme <333
VIP
By Kalila 2016-09-07 14:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I want to play XV just for the music now.

I have to be honest, these recent few videos have turned me a lil bit. I've seen them fix a lot of stuff to the point where I really want to play it now. I am hesitant on lil details here and there, but they might reveal themselves to be just fine.

That music though, at least what they showed, very much is Final Fantasy music. Really looking forward to hearing more if it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-15 04:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

TGS trailer(just a bunch of pieces of cutscenes)

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-15 07:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides the game itself and the movie, what other media is there for FFXV?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-15 07:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose you mean XV.
They made 4 anime episodes each one dedicated to one of the 4 main characters.

There's a mobile game too which is a shitty version of pinball and it has no relevance to FFXV anyway other than being "the game Noctis plays at the arcade".
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-15 07:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the DLC? I know the deluxe edition comes with exclusive stuff, has there been any other information regarding DLC or miss-ables?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-09-15 07:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I read that there would be a dlc centering around each of the companion characters or something... some others that sounded like item/costume packs by name.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-15 20:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So I won't miss out on any items with the deluxe edition?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-15 20:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the deluxe edition comes with the season pass but I really have no idea. There is confirmed DLC tho.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 14:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XV - Omen Trailer
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-27 14:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Man that trailer man me want to pre-order the game even if the game is nothing like that trailer xD so good
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-27 14:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Game went gold today, here is hoping it turns out well.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 14:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Man that trailer man me want to pre-order the game even if the game is nothing like that trailer xD so good
Yea, that trailer gave me emotions just watching it. Such a cool trailer.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-10-27 14:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i wasnt to excited for the game after episode duscae left a bad taste in my mouth. But after watching the movie/brotherhood/and playing platinum demo im alot more interested, Story is actually not crap for once and gameplay controls are alot more bearable in platinum. Luckily it comes out close to end of fall semester so ill have a month break to devote to it and world of FF.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-27 14:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

***I got emotional watching that trailer. It feels like the old days again, when you saw a trailer and it connects you. Wow ... just everything about it is on another level to previous FF games. Bought myself a PS4 last week just so I could get this, and I'm glad I did. The story is heavy, and that's great. FF is always about the story.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 15:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I would also put the world / exploration and music up on equal level with the story for a Final Fantasy game. At least to me, they are all equally important and combined form 75% of the gaming experience for me, if not more.

Combat and mechanics are close, but if I don't have myself an amazing world to explore, with amazing music, and an emotional deep story that pulls you in, then I can't keep myself playing.

I almost would put music above anything, it's that important to me

and from what I've heard so far, it's amazing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-27 15:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

World to me is not that important, as the first FF were very simplistic too.

But everytime they make a FF that lacks classes I can tell you it makes me very very sad. So without those, I bank everything on story and classic elements, summons being the first one(not necessarily as in summonable, but just existing).

Huge bonus points when there's new races cause it feels like a new dimension instead of just alternative Earth #224083408. But that's out with XV too <.<
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-27 15:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I'm with you there the class feature is one of my favorite features in the FF series (Tactics being king). Combat has always been a strong second though and that is where XV is looking promising.

The worlds in FF have always been pretty linear which a lot of people don't realize, they all open up toward the end of the game though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-27 15:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just happy to be looking forward to a FF game again. Not felt that since the PS2 days, and when starting FFXI of course. 12 and 13 were always passable to me, I know some who love them but they didn't keep me in the world because the story didn't grip me like previous titles. Obviously music is very important as well, FFVII is one of the best games of all time for that (yes, it's not just about music but I still find myself listening to FFVII tunes sometimes) and I'm hoping XV has great tunes as well.

But what I've been missing most is a heavy story, and one that is told properly. Not just with amazing cgi, but with the dialogue. I have no doubt the gameplay is going to be different than what I'm used too, but it's 2016 and not the late 90's anymore so things have to change. I can deal with a quicker pace in the gameplay if the story keeps me. I love to write, so FF has always given me inspiration and encourages my imagination. This trailer showed me how imaginative one can get. They've really gone all out this time to emphasize the fantasy aspect.

I first heard about XV (along with 13 and 14) way back when I was 15 (14 years ago) in a gaming magazine, so this has been a long road for me. One that I hope to be driving down soon in that cool black car. I've been negative in the past, but not anymore. I can only applaud their efforts, and if the FFVII remake turns out as good as this I'll be a happy bunny indeed.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 15:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They were pretty linear, but still gave the sense of exploration instead of walking a straight path, even though they all pretty much were a path that branched out to a side objective. However they gave you access to different types of exploration methods along the way, which granted you access to new areas. When I think of world, it is at that final stage of exploration where you can travel the entire map and land anywhere you want, except water, or mountains, or other reasons.

However, presentation wise they all felt pretty nice letting you walk around the world map, even though you maybe only had 1-3 options to choose from.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-27 15:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the FFVII remake does well in hopes they will remake other FF games like 6 or 9 which have really good stories that would flourish with all the advancements we have made.

Also @ Kalila, I agree that most games created an illusion of freedom which was comforting. You felt like you were apart of a greater world and it made the gameplay feel less lonely overall. FFXIII lacked that and felt really lonely which was one of its biggest problems for me.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-27 15:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked how older FF games gave us a world map, which gave us a much bigger feeling of freedom. I was disappointed when SE scrapped it in FFX and simply gave us an airship to go from one zone to the next. 12 wasn't so bad in that regard, as you could take different paths and kill optional bosses when you liked.

With 15 it feels more like an open world again. After playing MGSV Phantom Pain to death, it was refreshing to be able to choose the way you wanted to go, but even then it was still somewhat linear. And games have always been that way, there's not many games out there that give you total freedom (Minecraft comes to mind, although I only ever played it once). Too much freedom is difficult as then you may see parts of the story which shouldn't be happening til later and so forth. With 15 we get a car, and a bunch of friends to chill out with when on the road. Traveling the roads will give us that illusion of freedom again.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 15:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The VII remake is a bit scary, but I'm interested in playing it since I actually enjoyed VII, especially what they did with the chocobo system and breeding.

(I suspect they probably won't use it though in the remake since it's going to be separate games, unless save data carries over)
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 15:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I liked how older FF games gave us a world map, which gave us a much bigger feeling of freedom. I was disappointed when SE scrapped it in FFX and simply gave us an airship to go from one zone to the next. 12 wasn't so bad in that regard, as you could take different paths and kill optional bosses when you liked.

With 15 it feels more like an open world again. After playing MGSV Phantom Pain to death, it was refreshing to be able to choose the way you wanted to go, but even then it was still somewhat linear. And games have always been that way, there's not many games out there that give you total freedom (Minecraft comes to mind, although I only ever played it once). Too much freedom is difficult as then you may see parts of the story which shouldn't be happening til later and so forth. With 15 we get a car, and a bunch of friends to chill out with when on the road. Traveling the roads will give us that illusion of freedom again.
I'm honestly a bit scared about open world games. To me, I love the sense of being able to go wherever I want, but I have to admit, having a lil guidance / influence showing you a path isn't bad either. I guess my preference is a hybrid of both together.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-27 15:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
The VII remake is a bit scary, but I'm interested in playing it since I actually enjoyed VII, especially what they did with the chocobo system and breeding.

(I suspect they probably won't use it though in the remake since it's going to be separate games, unless save data carries over)

I truly believe SE knows what people loved about the original, so they will take what they had in the original game and make it x100 better. We will probably be able to breed different colours (aside from the usual yellow, green, blue, black, gold) and the way we raise them will give us interesting traits which will be usable in the revamped Chocobo races. I bet they add a storyline for TEIOH also.

In FFVII you could tell how much effort went in to making choco racing in the gold saucer. I always felt like there should have been more to it, but the game was already massive and they didn't want a fourth disk. At least this time around they can get really detailed about it, and make it more fun and fulfilling. If they scrapped choco racing and breeding there will be uproar, that was one of the reasons to play FFVII ... to get a Gold choco so you could travel anywhere and get the Knights Of The Round summon.
By eliroo 2016-10-27 16:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wonder how long the KoTR animation will be in the remake.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-10-27 16:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool trailer. I kinda wanna day one buy this but im so against that these days. Not the biggest fan of button mashy action rpgs but this could be the exception. Still will assume the worst hope for the best and wait a few weeks after release. If they add HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE micro transactions i wont buy this game out of principle.
By eliroo 2016-10-27 16:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cicion said: »
Cool trailer. I kinda wanna day one buy this but im so against that these days. Not the biggest fan of button mashy action rpgs but this could be the exception. Still will assume the worst hope for the best and wait a few weeks after release. If they add HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE micro transactions i wont buy this game out of principle.

They probably will add some form of microtransactions, even the Tales series has some microtransactions.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-27 16:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda felt the same way about micro transactions in MGSV, but once I realized they are not essential (unless you have an obsession to shortcut, and be the best on your online server) to progressing and completing the main game I wasn't too bothered. Even after the game I don't feel the need to pay my way, as it gives me more to do in the long run.

If it's the same for FFXV, the micro pays will probably only effect the online aspect, and give you bonus skins for your characters/chocos/car etc. Hiding any of the main game behind micro pays after the wait and price tag would be the biggest middle finger.

eliroo said: »
I just wonder how long the KoTR animation will be in the remake.

10 minutes long .. and unskippable! For nostalgia reasons.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 54 55 56