Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 54 55 56
 Asura.Cicion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-10-27 16:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont mind skins and costumes but when you have day 1 story dlc/exspansions music osts or spending real money for ingame gil weapons materials armour is nonsense. The day will come when paywalls in our triple A games will be a thing. Give em a inch they will take a mile.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-27 17:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Adjusting the price of games to inflation would show that games are pretty cheap now while the cost to make them is going up. DLCs and cosmetic transactions are a great way for a company to sell a game and make additional money off of it.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 17:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I just wonder how long the KoTR animation will be in the remake.
10 minutes long

oh wait Kylos already beat me to it.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 17:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 100% for in game skins for profit, give the artists more to do, seriously. If a player wants to play dressed as something else, let them.

It's when it creates unfair advantage, or holding back content that makes me mad.

Preordering XV gives you Masamune, probably means nothing, probably not a great weapon and only a starter, but personally I'm a lil upset they used the name Masamune, but it's w/e.

Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-10-27 17:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh... so thinking about getting a PS4 to play this, but typically I'm very against getting a console for one game, or getting a console at all anymore.

I mean I bet they will maybe port this to pc... but it won't be very well done... or within the next 3 years. But but! Want!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-27 17:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
Sigh... so thinking about getting a PS4 to play this, but typically I'm very against getting a console for one game, or getting a console at all anymore.

I mean I bet they will maybe port this to pc... but it won't be very well done... or within the next 3 years. But but! Want!
hmmm, World of FF, Digimon Story, DQ Builders, Fairy Fencer F, Grand Kingdom, Type-0, Star Ocean 5, Tales of Z, Valkyria Chronicles with FF 12 Zodiac Age, Digimon Next Order, KH3, Ni No Kuni 2, Persona 5, and Tales of B coming out. Plenty of good games on PS4
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-10-27 18:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot about KH3... thank you that actually fits the kinda list I was trying to find :D.

Ohh, FFXV luna edition available here in Japan... hrm, wonder if the JP version of XV has full english support. I heard the demo did.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-27 18:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

those are just the ones i have or plan to get. I know there are some hyper dimension neptunia games as well, but I've never played any of those. Also some PS2 games you can get from PSN but I have a working PS2 still so I don't know for sure what you can get that way.
By crimsondragon 2016-10-27 23:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I'm 100% for in game skins for profit, give the artists more to do, seriously. If a player wants to play dressed as something else, let them.

It's when it creates unfair advantage, or holding back content that makes me mad.

Preordering XV gives you Masamune, probably means nothing, probably not a great weapon and only a starter, but personally I'm a lil upset they used the name Masamune, but it's w/e.

Using the name Masamune probably got them another couple million with no effort. They are well aware they can piss of their fan base and they will still buy the game.....
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-10-28 03:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong but hasn't the name "Masamune" been reused in just about every FF since VII? Or at least VIII and X... I forget others.

Also, wow, FXV normal edition preorder is going for around $95 in Japan. Game prices are crazy here.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-28 07:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Masamune has been in every FF period, though not always obtainable.

DLC for this game is really a given, the thing with big name games like this is that they cost enough money to make that however impressive the sales number the profit isn't as big as people think. Take into account that this game has been in development for 10+ years and I feel very safe saying they will not cover their investment by sales alone.

The cost of buying games in the past 15 years or so hasn't really changed much here, some have gone up a bit for the PS4 but other than that a new game has been pretty consistently 69.99. The cost of making games however has gone up. As much as people might hate the idea of paid dlc, be it for gimmiky stuff or side story stuff, it has become a necessary evil in many cases to avoid rising the base price of games. It's also worth noting that it's not always on the company, I know game stop and some other retailers have a tendency to demand preorder dlcs if they are going to carry the game. It's nowhere near as black and white as people like to paint it.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-28 10:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to pre-order the physical even though im a digital man from amazon. the bonuses and the Gae bolg and other weapons (skins i assume) are just too good to pass up. Also that 20% off :O
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-28 10:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It being in development for 10 years is probably a big reason as to why the game was split into a trilogy like XIII. Being able to reuse assets or slightly update / modify them for future games to help recover / profit.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-28 10:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
I'm going to pre-order the physical even though im a digital man from amazon. the bonuses and the Gae bolg and other weapons (skins i assume) are just too good to pass up. Also that 20% off :O

I didn't even know about this, meh! oh well it doesn't matter anyways :P
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-28 10:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

welp, im moving my preorder to amazon now
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-28 12:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if its amazon exclusive... but seemed like it. plus day 1 delivery without having to put on pants! im in. well for prime anyways
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-28 14:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently this is Gamestop bonus for pre-order
While this way better offer is from Amazon ><

I cannot say just how annoying I find all of such to be. Just offer the same Bonus for all Pre-Orders across the board.

Never bought a game through Amazon before. Would this arrive the same day of release or 3~5 business days
(shipping & handling) instead...

About to just buy w/o Pre-Order in store.

Also... I hope this game is as good as I expect it to be. That PS4 Demo looked like total trash. Didnt even feel like a SE quality game. Removing that Demo from my mind for forever.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-28 15:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

well i was going to get the deluxe edition...

Final Fantasy XV Day One Edition: Pre-Order Final Fantasy XV Deluxe Edition and secure the Day 1 Edition which includes the Masamune DLC Weapon – Add the legendary Masamune to your arsenal and cut foes down to size.

from amazon description Also just says if you get the day one edition standard you get the masamune. So I assume i get all the DLCs
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-28 16:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably a day one physical, so you get the code for it inside the case. That's how that stuff usually works.
By fonewear 2016-10-28 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting the SE pre order bonus. A message saying "You're a Winner" !
[+]
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-28 17:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

you also get dem post cards yo
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-28 17:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's SE, though, not Bandai Namco. I wouldn't be too surprised if all the pre-order bonuses were available as DLC in the near future.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-29 00:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2016-10-29 00:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I preordered from SE but that's because the version I was looking at was SE only... (hides)
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-29 11:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy 15 is getting a multiplayer mode
4 player online co-op coming as part of its Season Pass.

Final Fantasy 15 will have online co-op multiplayer, implemented as part of the game's DLC offerings.

We don't know too much about the mode, dubbed Comrades, just yet, except that it will be the last part of the £19.99 Season Pass (it'll also be sold separately), following three episodes that let you control Gladio, Ignis and Prompto respectively.

Multiplayer is still a ways off by the sounds of it though, as work on the DLC only kicked off in the summer of this year when the release of the main game was delayed.

"When we started working on Final Fantasy 15, we had a solid plan in place for expanding the game after release," Haruyoshi Sawatari told Eurogamer via phone interview.

"We wanted to expand the gameplay further and in different directions, and the content that we added was going to have to be something really valuable to the player. Then, in summer this year we decided we were going to have to delay the release of the main game, and we actually formed a special sub-team within the development team itself, in order to realise that vision and really get the DLC to where it's supposed to be."

The DLC is in very early stages, he tells us - the first episode, which will focus on Gladio, is only about 20 per cent complete - but the hope is that it will expand player time within the Final Fantasy 15 universe beyond completion of the single player story.

"To give you an idea of our philosophy on why we're making this and how we're approaching it," Sawatari explained, "basically because FF15 has been in development for such a long time and we've kept people waiting for such a very long time for this game, we want to give something back in that sense. We should make it so that the players can enjoy the game for as long as possible, that they can get as much enjoyment out of it as they can.

"We drew up a road map for the DLC and what we're going to do. The first thing we wanted was to take the three comrade characters in the game, in addition to the player character Noctis, and to make those characters playable in their own right. So we're going to do individual story episodes, one episode focusing on each of the characters in the game, and in those we're going to be adding new gameplay styles and mechanics, as well as new locations to visit.

"There's going to be new story sections as well. The Gladio episode for example; Gladio as a character is very much a heavy hitter, he's a big, powerful, brawling-style fighter, so his DLC is really going to reflect that in how it plays. In the same vein, Ignis being the strategist, the intellectual character - his gameplay is going to be a lot more strategic and tactical in the way it plays out, and Prompto's is going to be more shooting-based.

"Finally, when we've got all three of those characters available as playable characters, then what we want to do is bring Noctis back to make it all four of them again, and expand that by bringing an online multiplayer expansion where you can play together using these characters online."

Judging by how frantic the fighting can get in the main game, the DLC team will have quite a challenge in making the multiplayer a satisfying experience for all four characters. "We're really only just getting going on the DLC now, so we've got a lot of work ahead of us in doing that but certainly we will try our best to get that balance just right," Sawatari said. "It is something we intend on doing, but how we do it we're going to have to think about."
By fonewear 2016-10-29 13:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about DLC before the game is out. Expect to be disappointed !
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-10-29 15:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

if i read what the sites says, to obtain these goodies you have to win the quests and side quests on roadtrip, so if you fail wont get it :/
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-11-11 07:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-11 09:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkspawn said: »

if i read what the sites says, to obtain these goodies you have to win the quests and side quests on roadtrip, so if you fail wont get it :/
You can retry them infinitely until you win.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-11 09:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy 15 will have online co-op multiplayer, implemented as part of the game's DLC offerings.

actually excited for this now.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 54 55 56