Asura.Fondue said: »
so what is the recast flooring at? 20%? 9 sec recast? I'm still confused
 Odin.Akhilleus
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2013-06-28 20:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

mine caps at 9 seconds self buffing with embrava. it caps at 9s with a mix of FC and haste gear, I can swap it over for haste and FC gears in same slots but can't get below 9s self buffing with haste and with embrava up. I have no idea about outside buffs that can reduce this and ATMA's are not even worth mentioning....
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2013-08-15 08:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone! Got few questions on making a stun set.
As you notice i have put extra peaces of gear in slots to choose from.
I would like to have input on what would be best optimal set with what i have listed and also anything i have not mentioned.
I do no that Haste before FC so i did not post any FC hands from AH.

To start.
#1 hands: I need advice on hands. Idk where either hands are from atm. Assuming skirmish & or Bayld.
#2 belt: nin sash or witfull
#3 feet: should i cast off in relic or only use for pre cast with Alacrity & swop to Haste or FC feet?
#4 grip: i don't have hast grip, i must have threw it out as i searched my mules and couldn't find it
#5 ear: should i use loq/int or the 2 delve Macc ear set?
ItemSet 307017
With what i mentioned, how close to being in a decent recast am i? Thats if I'm not to far off from a ideal set.
Thank you in advance
 Ragnarok.Headache
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Headache 2013-08-15 09:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

#1 if the hands in ur set are less than 6% FC (i doubt its more than 2%) Bokwus gloves offer a lower recast
#2 nin sash unless alacrity is down
#3 start and finish ur cast in relic+2
#4 mephitis grip, the grip u use is like 0.5% recast. M. acc serves u better especially if u wanna stun delve bosses
#5 loquacious is 1% recast. again the M. acc combo serves u better

Going for the absolutely lowest recast isnt needed cuz the difference will only be split seconds compared to a set which offers a decent accuracy aswell.

Hope I could help u.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-08-15 10:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bokwus gloves
Goading/ninurtas
By itchi508 2013-08-15 10:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the info^
so i made some adjustments according to the input that was given. This set holds 26% haste. Now i got question of.

With ionis %1 haste i could lose the pinion and swop to FC ammo.

With nin sash & FC ammo i could keep cap haste

Or i could swop from goading to witfull, be 24% haste but gain more FC & with ionis i would be at 25% haste.

Is doing any of the 3 ideas i have going to make a significant difference from the set i have below?
ItemSet 307017
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-08-15 10:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the +1% haste grip be better for stun?
By itchi508 2013-08-15 10:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Wouldn't the +1% haste grip be better for stun?
Atm from info supplied i can cap haste w/o grip or sacrificing anything that is vital such Macc. But minor things like that are the points I'm looking to find to improve on.
Such as If i used haste grip i could swop to FC ammo. Etc atm i think i am close to optimal set besides the minor adjustments i have listed above. If those ideas i have wont make or break my recast then i will stick with the set above.
Seems once you get to this point the minor changes will only give minor results. But I'm still seeking advice also so i could be wrong.
By Heimdel 2013-08-15 10:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

why does seem to be geting given priorty over fastcast for these sets?
 Ragnarok.Loughry
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-08-15 10:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmented Iaso cuffs will give you Macc+10 and Haste+4%.

Edit: This is what I'm using. It's 24% Haste because no grip/ammo.

ItemSet 301383
By itchi508 2013-08-15 10:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Loughry said: »
Augmented Iaso cuffs will give you Macc+10 and Haste+4%.

Edit: This is what I'm using.

ItemSet 301383
Thank you! That is nice set, you seem to be focus on Haste/Macc since you swop out Prolix. Atm i do not have both Mac rings so i will be using prolix until then.
What is your recast in that set with haste?
By itchi508 2013-08-15 13:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So i made a few sets to compare. If they are even worth the debate, can anyone tell me which is best & why?

This set 25% haste +1% Ionis to cap
ItemSet 311049

This set 26% haste. Grip could be mephitis or vivid & could use Aureole or Incator stone
(this looks ideal as its possible to get more Macc or FC wile maintaining haste cap) if so then which combo would be ideal? Aureole & Mephitis?
ItemSet 311048

this set 26% haste. (which is my current build)
ItemSet 307017
By Chimerawizard 2013-08-15 17:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 308956
What I currently use when I have 2x march. (when not using alacrity)
I don't have the Orunmila's Torque. Aside from that, I don't think there are any changes I would make.
By Otomis 2013-08-18 12:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So Sch needs to be amazing stun gun, brds must have R/E, Cors and leads must have perfect rotation, and a mage can not fail. BUT what the heck is with the not having standards for your DDs? Just because you have a delve weapon does not mean you are doing your job correctly. worse then the abyssea era, the I only use 2 macro DD (haste, WS) are in even more of a full swing.

If the expectation for these other jobs which are harder to find are so High, we are going to need the DD to hold up on their end of the bargain.

Have DT sets, oh shyt MDT sets, Run speed gear, not just haste and WS. As for your haste and WS gear, make sure it is actually good and you know what you are doing. No reason it should take 3 buff rotations with full brd songs and cor rolls to kill the 1-5 leading to meg-boss. As a person who primarily supports much more then I DD - I just want to not keep getting 1-3k plasma farms, whole the DD can not even take down a NQ NM in a single buff rotation.
 Fenrir.Ellatrix
Server: Fenrir
user: Ellatrix
By Fenrir.Ellatrix 2013-08-18 13:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
So Sch needs to be amazing stun gun, brds must have R/E, Cors and leads must have perfect rotation, and a mage can not fail. BUT what the heck is with the not having standards for your DDs? Just because you have a delve weapon does not mean you are doing your job correctly. worse then the abyssea era, the I only use 2 macro DD (haste, WS) are in even more of a full swing.

If the expectation for these other jobs which are harder to find are so High, we are going to need the DD to hold up on their end of the bargain.

Have DT sets, oh shyt MDT sets, Run speed gear, not just haste and WS. As for your haste and WS gear, make sure it is actually good and you know what you are doing. No reason it should take 3 buff rotations with full brd songs and cor rolls to kill the 1-5 leading to meg-boss. As a person who primarily supports much more then I DD - I just want to not keep getting 1-3k plasma farms, whole the DD can not even take down a NQ NM in a single buff rotation.
It's the gimp DD who always try to start the pug, so if they set DD standards they wouldn't be allowed in their own group. They just want to get carried, and have no understanding that you need more than just the right job setup to win.
 Phoenix.Rhealana
Server: Phoenix
user: Rhealana
By Phoenix.Rhealana 2013-08-18 13:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It becomes painfully obvious when your BRD+COR swaps are good, stuns are spot on, etc and the kills are still slow.

Anyways, back on topic, this is my current stun set, which is slightly under 8s recast with 2x March+3 and Haste:

ItemSet 290120

Could still improve by Swith+1 and Vivid Strap, iirc.

This setup basically allows for solo TP move stunning on bosses.
[+]
By Otomis 2013-08-18 13:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

With 9 sec being the recast cap with out Sch's Alacrity and loafers (lowering the cast time an additional 60%,~4sec) , is it possible for Rdm to share in a stun rotation when a solo sch is either not enough or just to stressful? I have been reading many groups just going with 2 stunners as opposed to one.

EDIT: Not sure but lower native skill, how adversely that would effect it for rdm. Just a thought,
 Fenrir.Ellatrix
By Fenrir.Ellatrix 2013-08-18 14:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're trying to go with 1 SCH:

RDM will get stun resists before SCH, but that only happens if DPS is low and it doesn't die fast enough and it will happen towards the end of the fight. With 9s recast, it is possible to share in stun rotation, but it is better to do SCH+COR with the SCH directing COR on when to Random Deal/Wild Card and let SCH solo stun with Casters/Warlock rolls.

Success rate with SCH+COR vs 2SCH has been the same for us, which is to say everything that should be stunned was stunned.

RDM is more of a utility/backup stun than a primary stun.
 Fenrir.Jarrin
user: Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-08-18 15:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

assuming you have 2x decent sch stunners, wouldnt rdm benefit from /sch to help out the group a bit more?

consider a Rank15 soothsayer, 500 enfeebling, 200 macc, composured klimaform/windstorm. resists shouldnt be an issue no? just curious cause i've been /blm but was thinking about this earlier.

accession+paralyga or accession+cure1 can only help. Or is ES + 3rd stun too valuable to give up?

thoughts?

could also helix to help out, not sure what kind of damage it will do cause i've never tried it but nuke set is very good, rank 15 full bokwus, WK gear, magians, etc.
 Fenrir.Ellatrix
By Fenrir.Ellatrix 2013-08-18 15:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Fenrir.Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-08-18 16:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why you didn't ellaborate on your "No." but I'm glad you didn't. Decided to try it anyway with the group leaders blessing; Tojil win with 4 minutes to spare :)

Took some pressure off the healers, no need for ES, group didn't miss the backup stun at all. Smoothest run I've had to date.

Btw: Didn't mean to derail the topic but my inner child was dying to say something.

Thanks
 Fenrir.Ellatrix
By Fenrir.Ellatrix 2013-08-18 16:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Because RDM/SCH is an inferior version of SCH/RDM. They have the same function.
 Fenrir.Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-08-18 16:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ok

Take it easy
By itchi508 2013-08-20 07:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so looking at some new skirmish gear i had a idea, please tell me if im wrong or this is completely stupid.

In this set, if you use Argute loafers on Alacrity activation then swop to haste feet for casting, and use these new FC hands (7% FC) could you get away with it and have more FC with the same haste value? Or is it not worth it?

ItemSet 311049
By itchi508 2013-08-20 08:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm i double checked the feet & thought you could get away with swopping after activation on the loafers, but needs to be on for cast off. Ignore that please & thank you

Would be good set when Alacrity is down :p
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [190 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-02-25 23:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some good options? with so many new haste and magic acc+ gears out for mages there are lots of options. So what would somebody recommend for a starter lookin to say do 6 man delve.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-02-25 23:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually, a higher numbers in a relevant stat means it's better, with a general rule that 2FC = 1haste. It's not exact, but it's pretty close.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-02-25 23:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How much magic acc+ you looking at needing?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-02-25 23:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That general rule only holds true 50% of the time. <,<;

Something to note about fastcast and recast reductions. The recast portion only works in whole numbers. Which means that if you have an odd value of fastcast you aren't getting as much recast- as would be expected.

If you have 11% fast cast, you only get -5% recast. Add 1% more fast cast for 12% total, and the recast reduction ticks up to -6%.

So it's important to consider your total fastcast value when comparing haste and fastcast for recast reduction.