New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH stun gun? whats lowest recast
SCH stun gun? whats lowest recast
By Pantafernando 2014-02-26 05:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
What are some good options? with so many new haste and magic acc+ gears out for mages there are lots of options. So what would somebody recommend for a starter lookin to say do 6 man delve.

Shoulder tackle is as effective as magic stun. Last as much as that (considering must likely you wont have geo spells to help) and get one extra dd.

I tried this with 3 mnks on tojil. We did without any preparation, nor stun order, just everyone tackling tojil each magic/tp move, no rare skillchaining stuns. Just after 38% he started to resist. Worth to mention we didnt set an order, so mostly we deal 62% of dmg just auto attacking, with no real ws.

That said, as this is a sch forum, some really interesting stuffs are vanir coterhardie, that should be the best stun body. For weapon, lehbraigh+2, augmented with or fast cast or macc, most likely macc (can reach as high as 25). Ofc, reforge your argute loafers. The rest should be the same.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-26 05:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wses are never as effective as a schs stun you will be sitting on a lot of tp and missing out on a lot of damage. The lack of damage will, in your case it did, prolong the fight enough so that stuns resist WSes should never be considered as an option.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-26 06:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
What are some good options? with so many new haste and magic acc+ gears out for mages there are lots of options. So what would somebody recommend for a starter lookin to say do 6 man delve.

Shoulder tackle is as effective as magic stun. Last as much as that (considering must likely you wont have geo spells to help) and get one extra dd.

I tried this with 3 mnks on tojil. We did without any preparation, nor stun order, just everyone tackling tojil each magic/tp move, no rare skillchaining stuns. Just after 38% he started to resist. Worth to mention we didnt set an order, so mostly we deal 62% of dmg just auto attacking, with no real ws.

That said, as this is a sch forum, some really interesting stuffs are vanir coterhardie, that should be the best stun body. For weapon, lehbraigh+2, augmented with or fast cast or macc, most likely macc (can reach as high as 25). Ofc, reforge your argute loafers. The rest should be the same.

Well for a super starter, you could get those pieces to get used to the job, without even going out of the town. Not so good, but at least will tell you know what youre doing, instead some sch that come to delve with hagondes with mab or pet mab augment.

Weapon: eminent staff (spark)
Head: weatherspoon corona (bayld) macc 10, haste 5
Body: haruspex coat (ah) macc 10, haste 2
Hands: Orvail cuff +1 (bayld) macc 6, haste 3
Legs: orvail pants +1 (bayld) macc 7, haste 1, fc 5
Feet: haruspex pigache (ah) macc 8, haste 3
By Pantafernando 2014-02-26 06:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Wses are never as effective as a schs stun you will be sitting on a lot of tp and missing out on a lot of damage. The lack of damage will, in your case it did, prolong the fight enough so that stuns resist WSes should never be considered as an option.

I just said its an option, not that is the best. We do lose dmg, but because we went unprepared, not order sets, so instead 2 ws, 1 stun, we went to 3 stuns. Also the lack of dmg is lower than you think, after all, its replacing a mage for a dd.

Ofc magic stun is more reliable than ws stuns, but i think you should first try it before judging something. I did both, so i can say it wont fall way behind. As sch, with geo magics, the stun wall start around 10 mins. With ws, we did hit the wall around 6 mins, but we double stuns most of the moves, so i believe we could hit a little later the wall. And consider that not every lowman delve will bring geos, so dont expect sch can keep up much longer than 10 mins (considering that lowman the nm execute less tp moves).

That said, prepared players can win with and without sch. We arent, thats why we lost. Not because job selection.
By Spiraboo 2014-02-26 06:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As sch, with geo magics, the stun wall start around 10 mins. With ws, we did hit the wall around 6 mins, but we double stuns most of the moves, so i believe we could hit a little later the wall. And consider that not every lowman delve will bring geos, so dont expect sch can keep up much longer than 10 mins (considering that lowman the nm execute less tp moves).

Actually that's not true. you will hit stun wall around 10 mins if you stun everything. Even then it's not entirely true due to the vast majority of macc gear available. Switching to a full +macc build, then using elemental seal, focalizations, will buy you even more time.

Selective stunning will, once again, buy you more time and your stun resists won't happen until perhaps 15mins in depending on how selective you get.

That being said, a 6 man delve run shouldn't really take long to kill the mega boss.if you take 3 DDs you're halving the fire power but the hp is 1/3 of what it used to be.

Sch still has good uses in delves and imo it is worth bringing to stun over wasting your ws over it. Plus if you had a proper stunning order you might end up not stunning the mob as much as you did as stun doesn't guarantee to proc - "Chance of stunning varies with TP".

In morimar sch can solo prep mata while you kill eft/raptor, help dispel turtle's shell(without geo bard's finale it's really a hit and miss here)/tojil's spikes(if it manages to let them go off)

In hennetiel impact uragnite, help take the shell down on shark(relieves you from needing to take /run)

In ceizak debuffing mastop.... this might be the only zone that sch has least use.

I'm sure you can do it without but imo sch still has it places to make things a lot more stable/easier.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-26 07:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
As sch, with geo magics, the stun wall start around 10 mins. With ws, we did hit the wall around 6 mins, but we double stuns most of the moves, so i believe we could hit a little later the wall. And consider that not every lowman delve will bring geos, so dont expect sch can keep up much longer than 10 mins (considering that lowman the nm execute less tp moves).

Actually that's not true. you will hit stun wall around 10 mins if you stun everything. Even then it's not entirely true due to the vast majority of macc gear available. Switching to a full +macc build, then using elemental seal, focalizations, will buy you even more time.

Selective stunning will, once again, buy you more time and your stun resists won't happen until perhaps 15mins in depending on how selective you get.

That being said, a 6 man delve run shouldn't really take long to kill the mega boss.if you take 3 DDs you're halving the fire power but the hp is 1/3 of what it used to be.

Sch still has good uses in delves and imo it is worth bringing to stun over wasting your ws over it. Plus if you had a proper stunning order you might end up not stunning the mob as much as you did as stun doesn't guarantee to proc - "Chance of stunning varies with TP".

In morimar sch can solo prep mata while you kill eft/raptor, help dispel turtle's shell(without geo bard's finale it's really a hit and miss here)/tojil's spikes(if it manages to let them go off)

In hennetiel impact uragnite, help take the shell down on shark(relieves you from needing to take /run)

In ceizak debuffing mastop.... this might be the only zone that sch has least use.

I'm sure you can do it without but imo sch still has it places to make things a lot more stable/easier.

Totally agree, just wanted to point out that i have been doing shoulder, did on tojil and kumhau, the shoulder tackle worked 100% before 6 mins on tojil, and in kumhau Was 100% till, idk, 30mins? I think after some point kumhau just get crazy spamming tp back to back, and shoulder become 0% effective at that point.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-26 08:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just said its an option, not that is the best. We do lose dmg, but because we went unprepared, not order sets, so instead 2 ws, 1 stun, we went to 3 stuns. Also the lack of dmg is lower than you think, after all, its replacing a mage for a dd.

Ofc magic stun is more reliable than ws stuns, but i think you should first try it before judging something. I did both, so i can say it wont fall way behind. As sch, with geo magics, the stun wall start around 10 mins. With ws, we did hit the wall around 6 mins, but we double stuns most of the moves, so i believe we could hit a little later the wall. And consider that not every lowman delve will bring geos, so dont expect sch can keep up much longer than 10 mins (considering that lowman the nm execute less tp moves).

That said, prepared players can win with and without sch. We arent, thats why we lost. Not because job selection.

More like you arent the right type of player to win without a sch low man. A stun order isnt hard takes 10 secs at most to set up and quite easy to stick to. So ill say it again ws stuns shouldnt be considered at option stun wses arent 100% proc and it can also be resisted since as a DD you wont have lots of macc gear. You might be gaining an extra DD but 3 DD doing wses at 100% vs 4 DDs saving to for a stun ws I know which group will do more damage and it isnt the one with4 DDs. I dont understand why you are taking a GEO as a 6man pt should be 3 DDs 1 brd 1 sch 1 whm if you drop out any one of those jobs for a GEO you are losing far more than you are gaining.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-26 08:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

More like you arent the right type of player to win without a sch low man. A stun order isnt hard takes 10 secs at most to set up and quite easy to stick to. So ill say it again ws stuns shouldnt be considered at option stun wses arent 100% proc and it can also be resisted since as a DD you wont have lots of macc gear. You might be gaining an extra DD but 3 DD doing wses at 100% vs 4 DDs saving to for a stun ws I know which group will do more damage and it isnt the one with4 DDs. I dont understand why you are taking a GEO as a 6man pt should be 3 DDs 1 brd 1 sch 1 whm if you drop out any one of those jobs for a GEO you are losing far more than you are gaining.

More like youre full of supositions without any real base.

"Type of player"? *** you, presumptous boy.

Ws stuns x magic stuns? Bring numbers. Bring equations. Bring data, sample of the effectiveness. Bring real evidence how impossible to win with others kind of stuns, and i will shut up and even say sorry. I pointed something because i saw a possibility of wins with that. Why would i point that? Ask to people shouting for stun sch for 1h to make a party, if they want to try to bring one mnk from ls or ask a random sch which quality will always be unknown till the fight starts.

What you think is the optimal setup, none give a ***. Its just a pre made formation done by people better than you, who all you did is accept and repeat pretending youre doing something smart.

Geo? Who said i bring geos? Learn to read before trying to act high and mighty.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-26 10:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"As sch, with GEO magics, the stun wall will start around 10mins." You dont take GEOs as 6 man and stuns land fine.

Optimal set ups... I knew which jobs would be used for 6 man as soon as they announced it so did the other 6 people I was talking to at the time 4 of which quit just after abyssea. Im always one for trying stuff outside the norm but 90% of people will take the safest jobs meaning mnk mnk and more mnk.

As for ws add effects there has been plenty of tests regarding them on higher tier endgame stuff and they are hardly reliable.

Presumptions... really? You pointed out you didnt win and that you couldnt be bothered making a simple stun order thus making it resist at 6mins into the fight. Stun order isnt anything new and has been around for years people shouldnt be messing up on this or not bothering with one at this stage in the game. I never said its impossible to win with ws stuns I simply said it should not be an option to take into consideration when looking for stuns. I know groups who will be able to pull it off quite consistantly. I also know there isnt just sch that has such high macc and access to stun.

Idk why you have brought up superstitions I dont understand this part of your post. I presume this is about 3 DDs vs 4 DDs bit do the math, its pretty simple, 3 DDs wsing for 4-8k at 10 sec intervals vs 4 DDs wsing for 1-2k everytime a spell or tp move starts to go off. You can quite clearly see theres a significant loss and the 4th DDs white damage inat going to shorten the gap.
By Antisense 2014-02-26 10:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How much magic acc+ you looking at needing?

Did some 6-man recently (BRD/WHM/SCH backline), and with Apamajas II I landed 41/41 27/27 stuns (edit 3/2: counted wrong) on Muywingqa and 24/26 on Tojil (last 2 stuns resisted; 6-min kill).

Total magic accuracy based on the following:

201 INT
427 dark magic skill

148 magic accuracy:
Apamajas II (70)
Mephitis Grip (5)
Nahtirah Hat (10)
Moonshade Earring (4)
Hedera Cotehardie (10)
Hagondes Cuffs (20)
Sangoma Ring (8)
Hagondes Pants (21)

Magic accuracy with Apamajas II is thought to be deficient vs. that with an item level weapon, but the above was sufficient for Muyingwa (and 6-man Dakuwaqa as well but I didn't count stuns). I don't think I hit the "wall" on Tojil as it's possible to get resists before the "wall" with insufficient magic accuracy. (For this setup what is sufficient magic accuracy is somewhere between Apamajas II and an item level weapon.)

Edit 3/2: Apamajas II should be considered sub-optimal for 6-man delve as there is no GEO to make up for the lack of magic accuracy in the weapon slot compared to an item level weapon. Obviously good recast reduction is required (March +3 at least, +4 or +5 is better, capped gear haste, 18% grimoire recast reduction from Pedagogy Mortarboard and Academic's Loafers all help)
By Pantafernando 2014-02-26 10:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

"As sch, with GEO magics, the stun wall will start around 10mins." You dont take GEOs as 6 man and stuns land fine.

Optimal set ups... I knew which jobs would be used for 6 man as soon as they announced it so did the other 6 people I was talking to at the time 4 of which quit just after abyssea. Im always one for trying stuff outside the norm but 90% of people will take the safest jobs meaning mnk mnk and more mnk.

As for ws add effects there has been plenty of tests regarding them on higher tier endgame stuff and they are hardly reliable.

Presumptions... really? You pointed out you didnt win and that you couldnt be bothered making a simple stun order thus making it resist at 6mins into the fight. Stun order isnt anything new and has been around for years people shouldnt be messing up on this or not bothering with one at this stage in the game. I never said its impossible to win with ws stuns I simply said it should not be an option to take into consideration when looking for stuns. I know groups who will be able to pull it off quite consistantly. I also know there isnt just sch that has such high macc and access to stun.

Idk why you have brought up superstitions I dont understand this part of your post. I presume this is about 3 DDs vs 4 DDs bit do the math, its pretty simple, 3 DDs wsing for 4-8k at 10 sec intervals vs 4 DDs wsing for 1-2k everytime a spell or tp move starts to go off. You can quite clearly see theres a significant loss and the 4th DDs white damage inat going to shorten the gap.

Whatever.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [126 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Acacia
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-07-02 08:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How does this set look? Probably lacking in m.acc but I think this is the best you can do for recast timer currenty.
ItemSet 325449
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-02 08:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Acacia said: »
How does this set look? Probably lacking in m.acc but I think this is the best you can do for recast timer currenty.
ItemSet 325449

For pure recast Grimoire: Spellcast time is best because it fully counts towards recast instead of only 50% like fastcast,

Your set looks solid tho. If you hit stunwall switch out main weapon for 119 staff. This buys you a ton more MACC while not sacrificing much else.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-02 08:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 325449

Suposing that stun is mostly for old delve, so you will be under ionis effect, you can get extra haste from that (i believe that haste is considered gear haste). If i added correctly your total haste in gear, you reached 24%, capping with 1% from ionis. But as we have moderate effect currently, and as bg doesnt states how much haste is "moderate" haste, suposing its 2%, you can drop one haste accessory for fc (incantor stone)or macc accessory as aureole. Suposing its 3%, you can drop academic gloves for gendewitha for extra 2% fc and macc+15.

Switching witful belt for ninurta, you lose 3 fc, but get 3 haste, allowing you to drop hasty pinion for incantor and academic for gendewitha, mantaining haste and fc, but netting extra 15 macc.
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-07-02 09:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
For pure recast Grimoire: Spellcast time is best because it fully counts towards recast instead of only 50% like fastcast,

Your set looks solid tho. If you hit stunwall switch out main weapon for 119 staff. This buys you a ton more MACC while not sacrificing much else.
Sorry, I meant this as an Alacrity set so "Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time" wont have any effect.

Suposing that stun is mostly for old delve, so you will be under ionis effect, you can get extra haste from that (i believe that haste is considered gear haste).
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Ionis effects, good call.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-03 12:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I meant this as an Alacrity set so "Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time" wont have any effect.

If you are talking Alacrity your FC is overkill. Focus on the gear haste cap.
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-07-04 08:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are talking Alacrity your FC is overkill. Focus on the gear haste cap.
Why, is the Alacrity bonus consideered Fast Cast?
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-04 09:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why, is the Alacrity bonus consideered Fast Cast?

No its calculated as its own step. Not sure what that post was getting at either.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-04 10:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So, what are the best sets now, both with and without Alacrity up, and what is the recast time on them?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-04 10:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
So, what are the best sets now, both with and without Alacrity up, and what is the recast time on them?

I believe taberifx sets are uptodate and optimals. Check first page.

Edit: first page of sch sticked lol.