Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH stun gun? whats lowest recast
SCH stun gun? whats lowest recast
First Page 2 3
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Cakex
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-22 20:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to figure out whats the lowest recast a SCH can get on Stun or if it isnt work working towards

I Heard somewhere a SCH can supposedly get stun recast down to like 10 seconds

Is this even remotely true?

If so.... How?

can someone share with me there opinion on SCH and Stun and its capabilities please
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-05-22 20:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related
and haste
user: Cakex
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-22 20:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a specific page i was suppose to look at ?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-22 20:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No, he's just suggesting you ask there instead of making it as it's own thread.
Though it would get the same amount of attention either way, and no job forum is so incredibly fast moving that this one topic actually clutters a thing.

Alacrity + Haste + Apamajas(?) or whatever lightning recast stave is.
There's probably a stun set listed in sawtelle's guide but I'm really not sure(and not going to look)
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-05-22 20:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingdinguhling said: »
is there a specific page i was suppose to look at ?
Wooosh

And I have seen peeps with it down to I think 8 seconds, may have been 6 also utilizing the recast staves.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-05-22 20:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingdinguhling said: »
I'm trying to figure out whats the lowest recast a SCH can get on Stun or if it isnt work working towards

I Heard somewhere a SCH can supposedly get stun recast down to like 10 seconds

Is this even remotely true?

If so.... How?

can someone share with me there opinion on SCH and Stun and its capabilities please

I'm not sure what's the lowest recast(second wise) a sch can get on stun. SCH can get stun recast pretty low with the use of the JA Alacrity and the af2+2 feet. It also requires a haste set and the trial of magian recast staff.

As far as your last question- SCH is really good at stunning things versus other job classes for few reasons.

1) Its high Dark Magic skill while under Dark Arts.

2) Its access to Alacrity and Argute Loafers +2.

While other jobs may have access to Dark Arts or higher Dark Magic skill, they don't have access to as many stratagems as a SCH main.

A Scholar's Education

That link is to the SCH FFXIAH guide by Sawtelle. It shows some examples of stun sets utilizing full haste and/or magic accuracy. So that be a good place to start.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-22 20:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's somewhere around 3-4 second. It's pretty nice.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2013-05-22 21:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Base stun recast is 45 seconds, assuming the maximum recast reduction of 80%, recast is around 9 seconds.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-23 00:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing we shouldn't assume.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-23 00:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's around 3 seconds, but due to spell/JA delay (following the cast of a spell, you'll need to put alacrity up again), the lowest you can really go is ~4 seconds.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tesahade
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Tesahade 2013-05-23 01:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As a sch who stuns lowest i have gotten it is 20% recast 9sec thats with dark arts, haste(got from whm in party), fast cast gear, relic boots, lightning weather and alacrity. but maybe u can get lower what i read of the other posts was could be this could be that all i KNOW is i can get it to 9sec. if the stun lands nice and strong 9sec is fast enough :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-23 01:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not against Mired Orthrus. You need maxed stun recast reduction to solo stun that thing's Acheron Flame spam.
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-05-23 02:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is speculation, but I think Mired Orthrus' tp moves at lower percentages are based on when you weaponskill him, he weaponskills in return.

*edit* nevermind was thinking the Salvage Orthrus!
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-23 03:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowest I've ever gotten stun recast is 3 seconds. I've never tried getting an 11 fast cast roll+ friend wearing fast cast sphere body+ being in VW or abyssea w/ outside sources of gear haste+optimized set so MAYBE 2 seconds is possible. However that is unrealistic and, as Helel mentioned, irrelevant as JA delay makes it damn near impossible to actually recast in 3 seconds w/o skipping alacrity for the 2nd stun.

Edit: This post is wrong about the 3 second stun recast apparently
[+]
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-05-23 07:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

9 sec without alacrity, 4.5 with alacrity and 4.05 with alacrity, af2+2 feet and thunder weather are the recast caps.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2013-06-06 10:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »
9 sec without alacrity, 4.5 with alacrity and 4.05 with alacrity, af2+2 feet and thunder weather are the recast caps.

Shouldn't it be 3.15 with alacrity + af2+2 feet?

Also, I haven't confirmed yet, I don't quite have the gear for it, but it is possible that the affinity bonus from recast magian staves can break 80% barrier too. Which would mean a full recast + alacrity + af2+2 feet + Apajamas II would be ~2.7 seconds...
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2013-06-15 21:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 3s recast is the current best. When I checked, Magian Staves counted as FC recast and didn't stack with haste. I didn't have a precise LUA method, but the used method shouldn't require such precision.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2013-06-20 10:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yugl I was doing testing with casting time, and I have discovered that the magian staves affinity bonus for casting time doesn't seem to be tied to fast cast in that aspect. I used Bryth's battlemod addon to get the cast text to show up right when it hits memory and I am 95% certain that that is what my results were showing.

What I am stating is a hypothesis only (the breaking of casting cap). I don't have enough gear to test it, but I am sure that, at least for casting time (don't know about recast time), that the magian staff affinity bonus is NOT part of the fast cast calculation.

I only have my own testing to go on, but I would be interested if someone else would be willing to corroborate.

Fast Cast vs Grimorie Discussion
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-20 11:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually appear to be guilty of spreading misinformation. I've always assumed that my recast is 3 seconds because of what recast plugin tells me(which i've always known can be wrong, I just never had a reason to menu stun), but I went out w/ almost as much haste as possible and menu stunned and the in game menu always had a 4second recast.

Buffs:
atma of the omnipotent/ascending one/nightmares (20% gear haste)
11 FC roll w/o legs (20% fc)
heka's sphere (5% fc)
SV double 600skill march+3 and haste (capped magic haste)
thunderstorm/alacrity (duh)

gear:
ItemSet 305116

total haste: 704/1024
total FC: 72%
+alacrity+ToM2 staff

45*(1-.6875)*(1-.36)*(1-.65)=3.15, and that's w/o accounting for ToM staff at all so I actually appear to be hitting a cap somewhere.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-20 11:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it's a 4-5 second cap on Stun recast, that would be a 8-11% recast cap (10% ish, so 90% cast time reduction). However, Alacrity bypassed the old recast reduction cap. If it is still applied in the same place, then we are looking at a 12-14 second "capped" recast, or 26-31% cast time reduction before Alacrity.

Also, former testing placed the staff "Recast reduction" in the Fast Cast term. So your multiplier for that term would be 0.5 instead of 0.64 and you'd predict a real stun time of 2.46.
Code
-- Recast
function event_action(act)
     if act['category'] == 4 and act['param'] == 267 then
          add_to_chat(8,'Recast: '..tostring(act['recast']))
     end
end

If you put that into a Lua file and run it, it should print out the initial Stun recasts (as returned by the action packet) following any given cast.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-06-20 12:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Derped! Haste -> fastcast&arts&magian -> alacrity ?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-20 12:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it was determined that fast cast is probably applied first. A new calculation model was proposed that solves several long-standing prediction conflicts, but requires fast cast to be applied before haste, which is applied before arts.

Steps:
1) Fast Cast recast reduction (1/2 Fast Cast term). Add Affinity recast to this value.
2) Haste
3) Dark Arts. Substitute Alacrity value if used.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-06-20 12:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My entire life is a lie!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-20 12:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you round down to the nearest whole number between each step?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-20 14:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Do you round down to the nearest whole number between each step?

Yes, although the original cast time is multiplied by 60 beforehand. So, using Sawtelle's numbers, it would be:

45 second recast * 60 = 2700
36% fast cast recast + 14% staff = 50%
2700 * 50% = 1350
704/1024 haste
1350 * (1024-704)/1024 = 421.875, floored to 421
65% Alacrity
421 * (1-0.65) = 147.35, floored to 147
147/60 = 2.45 seconds (obviously still capped earlier than that)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2013-06-20 15:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, former testing placed the staff "Recast reduction" in the Fast Cast term. So your multiplier for that term would be 0.5 instead of 0.64 and you'd predict a real stun time of 2.46.

That is why I brought it up. I have read that from various sources that the magian affinity bonus is part of the fast cast bonus. However my testing with cast times (not recast) indicates otherwise. Do you have a link to the actual testing that determines that?
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2013-06-20 19:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104051-Cast-and-Recast?p=5473901&viewfull=1#post5473901

That was before we had the newly proposed recast formula though.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-20 19:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it's a 4-5 second cap on Stun recast, that would be a 8-11% recast cap (10% ish, so 90% cast time reduction). However, Alacrity bypassed the old recast reduction cap. If it is still applied in the same place, then we are looking at a 12-14 second "capped" recast, or 26-31% cast time reduction before Alacrity.

Code
-- Recast
function event_action(act)
     if act['category'] == 4 and act['targets'][1]['actions'][1]['param'] == 267 then
          add_to_chat(8,'Recast: '..tostring(act['targets'][1]['actions'][1]['recast']))
     end
end

If you put that into a Lua file and run it, it should print out the initial Stun recasts (as returned by the action packet) following any given cast.

I don't know windower4 well, but I'll have my sch friend do that tonight after events to see a more exact minimum recast.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2013-06-21 10:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Actually it was determined that fast cast is probably applied first. A new calculation model was proposed that solves several long-standing prediction conflicts, but requires fast cast to be applied before haste, which is applied before arts.

Steps:
1) Fast Cast recast reduction (1/2 Fast Cast term). Add Affinity recast to this value.
2) Haste
3) Dark Arts. Substitute Alacrity value if used.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that because of the rounding that if you calculate haste first it throws off the calculation. There should be no difference in the prediction whether or not you calculate fast cast first or haste first. Or at least very small difference based on the truncation of numbers with the flooring.
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2013-06-21 18:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104051-Cast-and-Recast?p=5704637&viewfull=1#post5704637
First Page 2 3