Official Benghazi Topic Till The Year 2018+

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Official Benghazi Topic Till The Year 2018+
Official Benghazi Topic Till The Year 2018+
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-18 09:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you going to say that a few soviet era chemical weapons in a bunker in Iraq were worth $810 billion billed directly to the American Taxpayer™
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-05-18 09:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squal said: »
Enuyasha said: »
Chemial weapons are not WMDs...they are chemial weapons. We went in looking for nukes, we found no nukes, but we found chemical weapons he was using previously. This is not the same thing as "*** yea,there are WMDs" its "*** yea! we caught him breaking a treaty on weapons banned by said treaty!"

Again, we did not find WMDS,because chemical weapons are not WMDs.

How are chemical weapons not WMDs? They can kill a large amount of people in one fell swoop.

Definition according to lolwikipedia: " is a weapon that can kill and bring significant harm to a large number of humans (and other life forms) and/or cause great damage to man-made structures (e.g. buildings), natural structures (e.g. mountains), or the biosphere in general... it has come to distinguish large-scale weaponry of other technologies, such as chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear."

LOLwikipedia:
Chemical Weaponz

Quote:
They may be classified as weapons of mass destruction though are separate from biological weapons (diseases), nuclear weapons and radiological weapons (which use radioactive decay of elements).

We went into Iraq for his nuclear weapons, when we found out he didnt have any, we engineered a story about WMDs. Effectively performing a catch-all buzzword fest. We did not find the WMDs we were looking for, chemical weapons at the time were not considered WMDs and in the context it did not apply to our search either way.

By the way: The cake WAS a lie after-all.
 Ifrit.Arawn
Server: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2013-05-18 09:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby said: »
Ifrit.Arawn said: »
You linked two glorified blogs in response to an organization whose purpose is to check factual statements. Tenshi, I'm not sure if that's a rather lame attempt to troll of just an example of extravagant dementia. Either way it precludes further conversation about anything remotely related to or revolving around reality.
You are trying to mask the fact that you don't know what is going on with condescension and polysyllabic words (so you feel smart).
Research the Annenberg Foundation, who owns FactCheck.org.

Based on your pathetic excuse for logic, I will just assert that I am a fact checker, and therefore any opinion you have is an "example of extravagant dementia". You can't call yourself a fact checker and be wrong. I read it on the internet.

(That was sarcasm, just so you are clear.)

Firstly: I know more about what's actually going on than you do since I don't seem to read the misinformation you have.
Secondly I used the 'big' words because I knew it would set you to foaming at the mouth.
thirdly: An organization that is primarily designed to investigate the facts is up for scrutiny by all of the people that see it/use it/get linked to it. This means that if they endorse something that isn't true their credibility is destroyed. Mainly by being a mainstream source of fact checking they're put through more scrutiny than any blogger or second rate conspiracy theorist ever will be. Which is why there are so many bloggers and second rate conspiracy theorists.
Fourthly: For you, an armchair president, to claim that you know 'anything' about Benghazi is utterly ridiculous. Welcome to the internet, I suppose. Where everyone thinks they're the most well-informed schmuck on the planet.

If you had 'bothered' to read the timeline you'd know the attacks started around 4pm. At 415 they gained access to the compound. Security personnel tried to re-secure the compounds at 445 and failed. at 520 they were able to re-secure it. Sometime during that one hour was when Ambassador Stevens and the people with him were murdered.

at 6 the mission compound came under attack. At 8pm the order to evacuate was given since during this time they could not locate ambassador Stevens or his retinue. During this attack the two men who helped secure the compound died from mortar fire.

From start to finish; the attack took a little over 4 hours. The idea you have about 9 hours is simply made up like a lot of the other offal that's falling out of your mouth. If you had any intellectual integrity you would have checked the official transcripts yourself instead forcing me to show it to you.

Considering how little you did to 'actually' look at the issue and make up your own mind about it you've lost any and all right to even argue with the people on this board. You have no idea what really happened. You're just a mouth-piece for some sort of outrage that's been spoon-fed to you. If I believed for one moment you knew anything about this topic I'd be more inclined to have a conversation with you about it but all you seem capable of doing is regurgitation.
[+]
 Ifrit.Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2013-05-18 10:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ALSO: Your "factcheck" link is old. The WikiLeaks revelation was 2 years later.

The wiki-leaks 'revelation' refers to the assorted 1991 leftover munitions from Iraq. It also refers to the report from 2005. If you'd bothered reading for yourself instead of regurgitating what you've been spoon fed you'd have realized this.

edit: Let me make this explicitly clear for you so I don't have to come back to this topic. Everyone who knows anything 'real' about the subject 'knows' Saddam abandoned his WMD project long before the Iraq War. Just so you know... I'd suggest you stop reading the sites you've gone to.
 Ifrit.Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2013-05-18 10:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

anyway, off to work. Later.
 Asura.Squal
Server: Asura
By Asura.Squal 2013-05-18 10:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
So are you going to say that a few soviet era chemical weapons in a bunker in Iraq were worth $810 billion billed directly to the American Taxpayer™

Did I say that? Of course not. To say we didn't find WMDs is a false statement. Obviously Iraq has been a huge cluster****, but we did find some WMDs, while the others were sneaked out the back door to Syria most likely.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-18 10:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squal said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Did I say that? Of course not. To say we didn't find WMDs is a false statement. Obviously Iraq has been a huge cluster****, but we did find some WMDs, while the others were sneaked out the back door to Syria most likely.

At least conservatives and non-conservatives can agree on something then!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-05-18 10:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=15918

The US found (on the very far side of technically WMD) 500 chemical weapons in Iraq......that were made in the 1980's.

Quote:
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.
While that's reassuring, the agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said. "We're talking chemical agents here that could be packaged in a different format and have a great effect," he said, referencing the sarin-gas attack on a Japanese subway in the mid-1990s.
"I do believe the former regime did a very poor job of accountability of munitions, and certainly did not document the destruction of munitions," he said. "The recovery program goes on, and I do not believe we have found all the weapons."

The US went into Iraq telling their citizens and the world that Saddam had started a new WMD's program and was actively making them. The weapons found have been old, or buried, or both. President Bush said in 2006 that he was disappointed as everyone that they didn't find any WMD's

Quote:
“I fully understand that the intelligence was wrong, and I’m just as disappointed as everybody else is,” President Bush said. “But what wasn’t wrong was Saddam Hussein had invaded a country, he had used weapons of mass destruction, he had the capability of making weapons of mass destruction, he was firing at our pilots. He was a state sponsor of terror. Removing Saddam Hussein was the right thing for world peace and the security of our country.”
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-05-18 12:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is still going on? This thread can be summed up by this..

"You're wrong, because you believe everything they tell you!" - Republicans

and..

"You're wrong, because you believe everything they tell you!" - Democrats

It seems like an argument in circles. As for Tenshi, do you EVER sleep? I left late last night to go to bed, I look back and you posted and liked posts frequently throughout the night. People that spend their time bickering of politics on the internet could be doing something more productive, you know, like volunteering at a blood bank, or doing something to educate unfortunate children, or here's an idea, get our homeless veterans off the street. But you're here, arguing with them, and making me laugh as I slam my head on my desk. Do something.

EDIT: I hear Texas has been bent over and defiled by about 10 Tornadoes, go help them.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-05-18 12:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly: I know more about what's actually going on than you do since I don't seem to read the misinformation you have.
I quote the late, great Ronaldus Magnus:
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so."
Secondly I used the 'big' words because I knew it would set you to foaming at the mouth.
"Foaming"? Did you read that on factcheck, too? I find that most people who try to impress you with a vocabulary that only impresses themselves are aiming for the illusion of greater intelligence, like someone in a $600/month apartment with a 1999 BMW trying to act like a high roller. It's weak.
thirdly: An organization that is primarily designed to investigate the facts is up for scrutiny by all of the people that see it/use it/get linked to it. This means that if they endorse something that isn't true their credibility is destroyed. Mainly by being a mainstream source of fact checking they're put through more scrutiny than any blogger or second rate conspiracy theorist ever will be. Which is why there are so many bloggers and second rate conspiracy theorists.
You mean like the credibility of wiki/CNN/NBC/CBS? Wake up. Liberals too often see snopes/wiki/factcheck as the infallible sources, so there is no scrutiny allowed when any source seeking to discredit them is automatically judged incorrect. Liberals are not known for scrutinizing sources with whom they agree. Otherwise MSNBC would have an even lower audience.
Fourthly: For you, an armchair president, to claim that you know 'anything' about Benghazi is utterly ridiculous. Welcome to the internet, I suppose. Where everyone thinks they're the most well-informed schmuck on the planet.
LOL Guess you don't understand the concept of "irony".

Considering how little you did to 'actually' look at the issue and make up your own mind about it you've lost any and all right to even argue with the people on this board. You have no idea what really happened. You're just a mouth-piece for some sort of outrage that's been spoon-fed to you. If I believed for one moment you knew anything about this topic I'd be more inclined to have a conversation with you about it but all you seem capable of doing is regurgitation.
...says the guy who regurgitated FactCheck...
You are definitely a humorous combination of ego and nothing to justify said ego. The very things you are using against me are what you do yourself. Are you that oblivious? Rather than be so contentious over me not being impressed with you, why not consider that *gasp* FactCheck may be wrong?
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-05-18 12:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Refreshtwo said: »
ic you have a hard time seeing the color blue here i make it easier
McCain calls for US Airpower in Syria
McCain Spar Over Not Leaving Troops in Iraq
McCain? McCain?! lol So desperate to try to make Benghazi go away. This is gonna be a fun summer for conservatives.

/popcorn
 Ifrit.Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2013-05-18 12:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In other words, Tenshi disregards peer-reviewed facts of any kind. None of your facts are good enough even when your facts are based off of peer-review based on official accounts.

So, the point of arguing is? What?

I've linked publicly accepted sources of review and they've been reviled as 'liberal smut' I suppose.

If I can't post facts based on evidence I suppose I'll have to concede everything.

I suppose Mark Twain was right, never get into an argument with an idiot. If you do they've immediately won because you've sunk to their level by acknowledging them.

Anyway, enjoy your fun new reality Tenshi~ I have a feeling our realities will never co-exist.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-05-18 12:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In other words, Tenshi disregards peer-reviewed facts of any kind. None of your facts are good enough even when your facts are based off of peer-review based on official accounts.

So, the point of arguing is? What?

I've linked publicly accepted sources of review and they've been reviled as 'liberal smut' I suppose.

If I can't post facts based on evidence I suppose I'll have to concede everything.

I suppose Mark Twain was right, never get into an argument with an idiot. If you do they've immediately won because you've sunk to their level by acknowledging them.

Anyway, enjoy your fun new reality Tenshi~ I have a feeling our realities will never co-exist.
There is "evidence" of everything and "proof" of very little. I don't think you understand the difference. Do you know what "peer-reviewed" means? apparently not that either. Your problem is that I can pull from a large number of sources, while all you need is FactCheck as some sort of trump card. Why? Because you need it to be true. You need 0bama to be great because it hurts your feelings if he is not. You need everything you want to be right to be right so your fragile ego isn't bruised. Did you even read anything about Annenberg? I'm guessing no. Don't criticize me for failing to use critical thinking skills when it is you who is not exercising those skills. "OMG FactCheck wouldn't lie! They'd have to change their name!" Very easy to get fooled in your line of thinking. People used to say the same about newspapers and TV news.

ETA: ANd here is the REAL Mark Twain quote: "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
Anyone whose opinion is worth listening to knows that you are the fool.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-05-18 12:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been rather uninvolved in politics and such lately, been busy with career and school.

What's up with Benghazi?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-18 12:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So much projection it's overwhelming.

Figures though, as it's typical of paranoid subjects.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-18 12:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting Tenshibaby to read properly cited sources is like trying to get a cat to take a bath. Just not worth it dude :|
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-05-18 12:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
So I've been rather uninvolved in politics and such lately, been busy with career and school.

What's up with Benghazi?
Ben Gozzy tried to steal the election from 0bama, and it was all John McCain and Sarah Palin's fault cuz they wanted revenge for 2008.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-05-18 12:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up with Benghazi?
Ben Gozzy tried to steal the election from 0bama, and it was all John McCain and Sarah Palin's fault cuz they wanted revenge for 2008.

BEN DROWNED
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-05-18 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like trying to convince someone of fallacies and contradictions in the Bible. They stick their fingers in their ears and go, LALALALALALA!

Also, this just in, an expanded vocabulary doesn't make you smarter.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-05-18 12:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
It's like trying to convince someone of fallacies and contradictions in the Bible. They stick their fingers in their ears and go, LALALALALALA!

As a kid I learned that it is better to speak clearly.

Otherwise you could wind up scared about dihydrogen monoxide:
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Did you know that DHMO is responsible for thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of deaths each year?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-05-18 12:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »

As a kid I learned that it is better to speak clearly.

Otherwise you could wind up scared about dihydrogen monoxide:
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Did you know that DHMO is responsible for thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of deaths each year?

So...today? Yesterday? Last week?

P.S. DHMO Arigatou, Mr Roboto.
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2013-05-18 13:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up with Benghazi?
Fast & furious ver2.0 only this time a gaylord died. That is the reason for all the uproar.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-05-18 13:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »

What's up with Benghazi?
Fast & furious ver2.0 only this time a gaylord died. That is the reason for all the uproar.
Side note, the movie F&F 2 wanted to use my friend's car in the film but it was too time consuming. My friend's screen name was Tenshibaby or some variation, and my Taru reminded me of her when I created it, hence the name. The "Tenshi" actually comes from the import tuner company.
[+]
 Ifrit.Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2013-05-18 13:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ETA: ANd here is the REAL Mark Twain quote: "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Notice the spectacular lack of quotes around what I said? This, kiddies, is what's called paraphrasing and not a 'quote." Welcome to English 101~
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-05-18 13:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Notice the spectacular lack of quotes around what I said? This, kiddies, is what's called paraphrasing and not a 'quote." Welcome to English 101~
If you call that "paraphrasing" it explains why you are so often misinformed.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-05-18 13:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said: »

It seems like an argument in circles. As for Tenshi, do you EVER sleep? I left late last night to go to bed, I look back and you posted and liked posts frequently throughout the night. People that spend their time bickering of politics on the internet could be doing something more productive, you know, like volunteering at a blood bank, or doing something to educate unfortunate children, or here's an idea, get our homeless veterans off the street. But you're here, arguing with them, and making me laugh as I slam my head on my desk. Do something.

EDIT: I hear Texas has been bent over and defiled by about 10 Tornadoes, go help them.

You have 10,000 posts and you are also quoting Tenshi in every single one of your posts. Don't question the lives of other people.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-05-18 14:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Phoenix.Kojo said: »

You have 10,000 posts and you are also quoting Tenshi in every single one of your posts. Don't question the lives of other people.
Who is Kojo? Must be running several accounts because I see no Kojo here. Maybe I blocked him but he can still read my posts? But he's right, apparently discussing politics isn't a good use of time. I should go farm cruor or Dynamis currency and make a real contribution to the world.

P.S. I AM educating unfortunate children. It's just some of them won't listen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sevvy
Server: Bahamut
user: Sevvy
By Bahamut.Sevvy 2013-05-18 14:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point I dont even care about who said what in terms of what happened in Benghazi, nor do I think it is Tenshi's point anymore.

I think the whole reason why Tenshi is here is simply because he can't stand that people are not conforming to his beliefs.

It is ironic, because he (tried to) blast me in the previous thread because he said I was "narrow-minded" because I did not accept the fact that there are other beliefs and convictions out there.

As he said before: Pot meet Kettle.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8