Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 130 131 132
 Asura.Netero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2015-04-08 15:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

if your going RNG/NIN , whats best main/sub slots ?
i use Atoyac ( ws damage+2% ) / Aphotic kukri (STR path)

i have Yoichi so am only using Namas and JR, would Oneiros be better ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-08 16:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Netero said: »
if your going RNG/NIN , whats best main/sub slots ?
i use Atoyac ( ws damage+2% ) / Aphotic kukri (STR path)

i have Yoichi so am only using Namas and JR, would Oneiros be better ?
Oneiros is quite a bit better than Aphotic or Atoyac if you're using Jishnu's, and damage is your only concern.

Perun+1 / Perun combo is pretty nice when racc is a concern.
 Cerberus.Punchhopper
Server: Cerberus
user: akainu
By Cerberus.Punchhopper 2015-04-08 20:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hi fellow rngs i have full empy Amini +1 gear now but not sure how to use the head but keep recycle head process in gearswap. Help me out thx. Also gear sets featuring new Amini +1 would be nice if possible thx again
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-04-08 22:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Oneiros really give more than 2% WSD? 10% crit damage is sweet but does JR crit often enough for that to be consistent?

I'm looking at my Yoichi 3/4 set now. Seems like the Store TP in AF3 119 hands and legs is a massive boost to 4hit Yoichi with a non-Kyu body like AF2 or AF3 even? Then I could drop Store TP from my Atoyac and go WSD, or go Oneiros Knife.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-09 00:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Does Oneiros really give more than 2% WSD? 10% crit damage is sweet but does JR crit often enough for that to be consistent?

I'm looking at my Yoichi 3/4 set now. Seems like the Store TP in AF3 119 hands and legs is a massive boost to 4hit Yoichi with a non-Kyu body like AF2 or AF3 even? Then I could drop Store TP from my Atoyac and go WSD, or go Oneiros Knife.

I don't have a copy of the DPS spreadsheet on me at the moment but I remember correctly +42 Store TP is needed on Yoichi. I'll have to check later where this set would slot at in terms of targets but this is what I came up with:

Lutian Cape is unaugmented
ItemSet 334360

Store TP: +42
STR: +120
AGI: +167
RATT: +249 (incl. stats but not skill on bow) +22% R.Att with Velocity Shot
RACC: +258 (incl. stats but not skill on bow)
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-09 00:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I just checked the DPS sheets real quick, and it was around 100 DPS increase for fodder mobs. Atoyac 2% WSD was about half that.

Not sure how correct it is. If the DPS really increases this much, you should be able to test a few JR's and see a big difference.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-04-09 09:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tummie, your set has more r.acc, but for times when you don't need as much, what about this set:

ItemSet 326867

Requires 5 STP on Lutian Cape. Could use different feet for more r.acc if needed.

Interesting re: 100 DPS increase. I still have my Oneiros Knife. Going to have to start playing with it.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-09 11:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tummie, your set has more r.acc, but for times when you don't need as much, what about this set:

ItemSet 326867

Requires 5 STP on Lutian Cape. Could use different feet for more r.acc if needed.

Interesting re: 100 DPS increase. I still have my Oneiros Knife. Going to have to start playing with it.

I have access to my DPS sheet now which counts the Velocity Shot bonus on Empy Reforge

Target: Tojil
20% Def Down
Sweet Spot, Velocity Shot, Double Shot, Berserk, Flurry, Minuet 5/4/3, Red Curry Bun, and Chaos Roll

Average Shot: 1188.087
Added Oneiros Dagger into this set
ItemSet 334360

Average Shot: 1178.892
ItemSet 326867

Wearing Empy Reforged adds 7% more Ranged Attack while Velocity Shot is up. If you are wondering about Enervating Earring vs Trupido, swapping those around it drops the DPS down to 1181.526

Edit: Fixed numbers, top set had the wrong ring and wrong feet slot. Updated with Enervating Earring and Ponente Sash.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-04-09 15:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I forgot about AF3 body's huge r.atk boost, which should beat the chance for double shot on AF2 body. Why the feet, though? You gain 3 AGI and -4 enmity but lose 20 r.atk over AF2.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-04-09 15:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For marksmanship it is a gain to use the feet with its skill +
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-09 16:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I actually had Arcadian +1 in the spreadsheet for feet but didn't update the itemset. The numbers remain the same so I updated the post with the earring and sash combo to provide the higher average.
By fillerbunny9 2015-04-10 12:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the current Bow hierarchy looking like at this point? I am presuming that a well augmented Skirmish bow is at the top, but where do the Unity, Vagary, and Tenzen bows all fall at this point for general high end content, assuming the accuracy on all options is irrelevent?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-04-10 16:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh.. you should know vagary bow is a pos. Tenzen bow only helps the crit rate of Jishnu but it's a big difference if you crit or not. If you're not worried about that then alluvion bow should be best
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-10 17:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone do me a favor and calculate how much Store TP is needed for a 4-hit TP build for the alluvion bow with and without Relic head gear?
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-04-10 17:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about skirmish bow but depending on what your augments are it could be good. The order I have on an old spreadsheet from July last year is;

1. Hangaku-No-Yumi
2. Cibitshavore R15 (A)
3. Brahmastra/Cibitshavore R15 (C)
4. Paloma +1
5. Falubeza

Can't think of any other 119 bows at the moment, apart from Yochi and I'm not sure of the 4hit builds for it. I'd imagine it would be close to the top of that list?

Hangaku and Cibi A are very close based on a 4 hit, purely spamming JR, on Tojil with standard buffs etc.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-10 18:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
Can someone do me a favor and calculate how much Store TP is needed for a 4-hit TP build for the alluvion bow with and without Relic head gear?

The total delay for the Alluvion Bow with ammo is nearly identical to Relic gun (825 vs 822) so the Store TP amount is the same in both situations.

Not including WS, with reforged relic hat it requires +32 Store TP
Without the relic hat you need +51
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-10 18:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tummie said: »
The total delay for the Alluvion Bow with ammo is nearly identical to Relic gun (825 vs 822) so the Store TP amount is the same in both situations.

Not including WS, with reforged relic hat it requires +32 Store TP
Without the relic hat you need +51

Thank you.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-10 19:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i did some field test on fodder seekers mobs using odium instead of atoyac for /war with anni using coro/ls i consistently pulled better numbers on tp/ws. Anyone try putting them into spreadsheets?
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-13 11:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
As for those Anni users out there, I'd wager that because how delays work on ranged the ws frequency will be much higher than a bow, the aim speed is much quicker and the tp gained is higher. Last stand spam is definitely competitive at the least.

Here's my analysis of this, and this is pretty quick math (I can post the graph and sets if needed be. The graph is quite large)

I was interested in this as well and in reality, the spreadsheet total DPS doesn't give a clear picture of this. It only gives overall DPS but doesn't account for moments where one weapon can pull ahead of the other which does occur when comparing Anni/Last Stand vs Skirmish/JR for the first few weaponskill rounds.

I did a simple plot of both weapon based on their delay using 66% snapshot (Flurry and VS buffs + preshot snapshot). Target was Tojil with capped attack. Acc of course was capped as well.

Annihilator was an average of 1950.96 per shot every 2.43 seconds with 10,429 damage on Last Stand. Skirmish bow was an average of 1733.93 per shot every 2.81 seconds with 15,096 damage on Jishnu's Radiance. Both were set up to gain enough tp for a WS at the start after 4 shots using Reforged Relic for recycle. After the first weaponskill was used, TP to 100 was 3 shots. I inserted a 4 second delay for weaponskills due to animation (I can't remember offhand the minimum lockout during weaponskill)

What I found is that due to the lower delay, Annihilator keeps up with the Skirmish Bow very early on and surpasses it in damage for very very short periods of time. There is a back and forth between the two from 0 - 2 minutes, but after that period, the skirmish bow begins to pulls ahead and by the time 5 minutes have passed, the skirmish bow does 4% more damage. In my tally using the above numbers for damage, after 5 minutes the Skirmish bow only does 25 weaponskills plus 2 shots for 512,665 damage vs Annihilator that does 30 weaponskills plus 1 shot for 492,364 damage. On the surface, 4% doesn't seem like much until you see those numbers which is a 20k damage difference.

Of course Gun and Bow have different sweet spots and more often than not when facing mobs with AoE's, Gun is at a disadvantage and is out of the sweet spot range where bow is. At this point, the gun keeps up for a very very short period, but the bow pulls ahead by a large margin and after 5 minutes, the difference is 69k.

Right now, for Annihilator to be on equal footing with the Skirmish Bow for fights longer than 2 minutes, it would require new bullets that are at least 273 DMG (or a new ilvl bump of +20 DMG) if both are in the sweet spot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Punchhopper
By Cerberus.Punchhopper 2015-04-13 16:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

hi fellow rngs i have full empy Amini +1 gear now but not sure how to use the head but keep recycle head process in gearswap. Help me out thx. Also gear sets featuring new Amini +1 would be nice if possible thx again
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-13 17:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Punchhopper said: »

What weapon are you using?

If using Skirmish Bow this set on the main page is a good setup
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46320/alluvion-bow-set-april-2015/#2871685

The Yoichi sets I posted towards the top of the page I believe still stands as a good base

This would be your precast in your RNG.lua
ItemSet 334401

This would be your midcast
ItemSet 334360
 Cerberus.Punchhopper
By Cerberus.Punchhopper 2015-04-16 00:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

hi i use annihilator help would be much appreciated what midshot would i use for gun? also for gun wouldn't amini feet beat those? thank u
By geigei 2015-04-16 00:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also need help with anni setup without amini though.
By lucidious 2015-04-16 14:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 334692

This is my current bow set for my rng whenever I am on a dual wield subjob, which seems to be most of the time lately lol. Anyways... Bow has 6stp 10dex and capped racc/rattk augments on it, cape has snapshot and stp3 and str/agi. Atoyac has stp5 on it instead of the normal 2% crit rate because I would rather ws more often than add 2% to each ws. With this build I have a 3 hit build whenever I get the right procs from head without outside buffs. If I have rolls from a cor I always have a 3 hit build and with 1 hour active it is a 2 hit build. I could sub in the K ring from tojil but I prefer to not lose the acc from the haverton ring. ill post a pic shortly of my jishnu set. My tp return on it is normally between 370/1000 to 422/1000 depending on procs. Or I get lucky and store all tp thanks to fotia belt lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-17 10:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lucidious said: »
ItemSet 334692

This is my current bow set for my rng whenever I am on a dual wield subjob, which seems to be most of the time lately lol. Anyways... Bow has 6stp 10dex and capped racc/rattk augments on it, cape has snapshot and stp3 and str/agi. Atoyac has stp5 on it instead of the normal 2% crit rate because I would rather ws more often than add 2% to each ws. With this build I have a 3 hit build whenever I get the right procs from head without outside buffs. If I have rolls from a cor I always have a 3 hit build and with 1 hour active it is a 2 hit build. I could sub in the K ring from tojil but I prefer to not lose the acc from the haverton ring. ill post a pic shortly of my jishnu set. My tp return on it is normally between 370/1000 to 422/1000 depending on procs. Or I get lucky and store all tp thanks to fotia belt lol.

Just curious, why scopuli over orion or arcadian for feet? merits + hat is more than enough to cap recycle.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-17 13:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Punchhopper said: »
hi i use annihilator help would be much appreciated what midshot would i use for gun? also for gun wouldn't amini feet beat those? thank u

I'll have different sets posted on Monday for Gun and Bows
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-04-18 09:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a relatively up to date jishnus set? I'm turning to the skirmish bow, so my tp sets are about the same, but I'm at a loss with jishnus.
By Kwyn1 2015-04-18 13:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Went back a few pages and didn't see an all-in-one post. I recently finished my Anni, and would like to see current TP/WS/etc sets for Annihilator. Thanks to whomever in advance does so. :)
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-04-18 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone have an update set(s) for Gastraphetes? Midshot and Trueflight set mainly.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-04-18 13:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
Anyone have a relatively up to date jishnus set? I'm turning to the skirmish bow, so my tp sets are about the same, but I'm at a loss with jishnus.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46320/alluvion-bow-set-april-2015/
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 130 131 132