First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 130 131 132
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-31 23:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raitoken said: »
Isn't the reforged empy body worse for preshot than the +2 with gearswap? Looks like its less.

I'm just wondering this at a glance as I just came back to the game and thought one of you might know.

Both sylvan +2 and 109 give 5%, 119 gives 7%
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-31 23:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Do we know if velocity shot counts in the 70% cap for snapshot? From the way Matsui says it, it kind of sounds that way.

When did he say this? And I'm assuming this is aim delay (x2 "snapshot" values)? Also assuming actual cap is 80% like most things when talking about delay but velocity gives 10% (aiming delay) anyways.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-31 23:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It got posted to the BG Dev tracker thread on 3/17. Original is somewhere on the OF no doubt.

Snapshot (3/13)

Unlike Haste, there is no cap on individual categories of Snapshot such as equipment, magic, ability etc. There is only a simple overall cap of 70%.
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-04-01 21:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

Also I thought tenzen bow would be the jishnu spammer, what are other people using for balls out damage?

I augmented a Phaosphaelia(although definitely not optimal) but I'm pretty sure Hangaku wins overall.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-02 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hyriu said: »

Also I thought tenzen bow would be the jishnu spammer, what are other people using for balls out damage?

I augmented a Phaosphaelia(although definitely not optimal) but I'm pretty sure Hangaku wins overall.

For Jishnu's damage alone it does have the highest numbers, but according to DPS sheets Yoichi 119 is higher overall DPS. (spamming Jishnu's)

I get Hangaku 1373 DPS, Yoichi 1401 DPS.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-02 14:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an updated error free RNG DPS sheet? The one I have from October seems to have a lot of Circular Reference warnings and the DPS calculations aren't working properly.

Edit: nvm fixed
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-02 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

For Jishnu's damage alone it does have the highest numbers, but according to DPS sheets Yoichi 119 is higher overall DPS. (spamming Jishnu's)

Sheet has to be wrong then, cause there's no way relic bow is going to be better than the skirmish bow with it's ridiculous damage. Or even tenzen bow. Not to mention that with the delay you can probably drop a hit from the xhit.

The only reason it was usable was namas. I'd check again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-02 16:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »

Sheet has to be wrong then, cause there's no way relic bow is going to be better than the skirmish bow with it's ridiculous damage. Or even tenzen bow. Not to mention that with the delay you can probably drop a hit from the xhit.

The only reason it was usable was namas. I'd check again.

I would say you should check it out for yourself, but the latest DPS sheet is missing a lot of gear, and has a few errors. Most notably, it assigns Anni + Yoichi 5% relic proc instead of 13%. Easy fixes though.

If you use open office, I can share an updated working copy, unless you're inclined to fix it up yourself.

Few things to note.

There's only 28 base dmg between Tenzen bow and Yoichi. Yoichi's lower delay, and 13% triple dmg proc are enough to best it. The TP bonus on Tenzen bow is nice, but it's not doing as much for Jishnu as it would for a WS with scaling http://fTP. I'm not saying TP bonus isn't nice for Jishnu, as it is. It's just not enough in this instance.

All weapons tested achieve 1000TP in 4 hits, so that distinction is also out the window. If personal experience counts for anything, I have all 3 bows, and these results seem inline with my experience using them. I WS more with Yoichi than I do the other slower shooting bows.

Target: Tojil -20% def.
RNG/WAR eating RCB
Flurry I, VS, DS, Berserk up
Minuet, 5/4/3, Archers prelude
chaos + sams roll

Gear:
Mekki + Bloodrain
Achiyal arrow.
Arc. Beret+1
Ocachi
Tripudio
Volley
Arc. Jerkin+1
Amini Glv. +1
Rajas + Behemoth+1
Sylvan Back
Elanid
Amini Brague +1
Arc. Socks +1

Yoichi 119 - 1310 DPS
Phaosphaelia - 1302 DPS
Hangaku-No-Yumi - 1287 DPS

Alluvion Bow has +32 DMG, STP+7, Racc/Ratk+15 (not my personal augments)
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-04-02 16:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For Phaospaelia, you'll want to use weaponskill damage (maxes at +7% wsd on the first hit)? Also, your gear setup is not ideal for those weapons.

Pre-Alluvion Skirmish update, I got Yoichi > Hangaku > Phaos. with the combination of buffs and gear that I use. Having 32 more damage might push Phaosphaelia to the top?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-02 17:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is you aren't supposed to 4 hit bow, so you're using mekki when you should be using an the new unity axe(or atoyac) /war for the fencer.

People used mekki/bloodreign because enmity was an issue, but if its balls out jishnu's only that changes.

That drops yoichi to 5 hit, but still leaves room for the phae to 4hit.

other things wrong too, but i'm sure someone who wants to explain it fully can comment instead.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-04-02 17:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have snapshot on the bow(+6) plus with the same augments beating Yoichi by quite a bit. But, with STP I have Yoichi beating Skirmish bow. Also using WSdmg Atoyac instead of Mekki/BR
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-02 17:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is you aren't supposed to 4 hit bow, so you're using mekki when you should be using an the new unity axe(or atoyac) /war for the fencer.

People used mekki/bloodreign because enmity was an issue, but if its balls out jishnu's only that changes.

That drops yoichi to 5 hit, but still leaves room for the phae to 4hit.

other things wrong too, but i'm sure someone who wants to explain it fully can comment instead.
Pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about lol. Not supposed to 4 hit a bow? Hilarious.

I will agree stave isn't necessary for the high delay bows, but that's about it.

I tested snap on the skirmish bow but had it behind. Possibly due to flurry. I'll try wsd though.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-02 17:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was definitely looking to 4 hit the phae for comparison purposes. With such a high delay, the only way I would expect it to come near yoi is if you're wsing more frequently. As far as augments go I thought +dmg, wsd, and racc/ratk on the bow would be best.
 Bismarck.Branden
Server: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-04-02 17:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

All weapons tested achieve 1000TP in 4 hits
How much stp is needed to 4 hit yoichi in tp and ws assuming 2/4 recycle procs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-02 17:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was definitely looking to 4 hit the phae for comparison purposes. With such a high delay, the only way I would expect it to come near yoi is if you're wsing more frequently. As far as augments go I thought +dmg, wsd, and racc/ratk on the bow would be best.
I'd wager WSD% instead of STP/Snap is enough to push it over Yoichi with a decent +DMG aug. I'd have tested that, but for some reason was thinking WSD was dusk on weapons.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-02 18:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not alone in thinking that. I think on wiki it can show up from both leaf and dusk. (Should also mention my doomsday has wsd in the leaf slot so it's possible on ranged weapons.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-03 10:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not alone in thinking that. I think on wiki it can show up from both leaf and dusk. (Should also mention my doomsday has wsd in the leaf slot so it's possible on ranged weapons.)

Just re-ran tests with alluvion bow. It does indeed surpass Yoichi with +32 DMG +15/15 racc/ratk and +7% WSD on Tojil.

With those augments, and Atoyac in main hand for both weapons.
Phaos - 1369
Yoichi - 1362

Results shift back in Yoichi's favor for fodder though.

Kamihr Raaz, Atoyac main. No sam's roll this time.
Yoichi:
Ranged DPS - 1300.171
WS DMG on average - 12137
Total DPS: 2497.540

Phaosphelia: (+32 DMG +7% WSD 15/15 racc/ratk)
Ranged DPS - 1081.896
WS DMG on average - 14413
Total DPS: 2445.574

If anyone wants to fool around with this DPS sheet you can get the one I'm using HERE. you'll need open office.

Bismarck.Branden said: »

All weapons tested achieve 1000TP in 4 hits
How much stp is needed to 4 hit yoichi in tp and ws assuming 2/4 recycle procs?
You need 52 in TP, 21 in WS, and you'll need to land all hits with Jishnus.

If you're willing to rely on 3/4 proc's, you can get away with 46 / 19 for TP & WS and still 4 shot with Namas.

I don't think I've ever done an event on RNG where I didn't have SAM's roll, so there's also that to consider.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-03 16:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just re-ran tests with alluvion bow. It does indeed surpass Yoichi with +32 DMG +15/15 racc/ratk and +7% WSD on Tojil.

Phaos - 1369
Yoichi - 1362

Told. You. So.
And let's not forget that in actual use, the gap becomes much more noticeable. More flurry and snap/rapid would put it even further behind.

And I'm sure there are still more mistakes, to make it even more favorable. Wouldn't even consider yoichi anymore, just like every other relic.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-04-06 07:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

DMG - Racc/Ratk - WSD best augs to go for on skirmish bow?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-04-06 09:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phaos - 1369
Yoichi - 1362

Told. You. So.
And let's not forget that in actual use, the gap becomes much more noticeable. More flurry and snap/rapid would put it even further behind.

And I'm sure there are still more mistakes, to make it even more favorable. Wouldn't even consider yoichi anymore, just like every other relic.

Yes, but there are some mistakes in your logic as well. One, you absolutely should 4-hit Yoichi when you are getting SAM roll. Two, with that set of buffs/debuffs/gear, absolutely perfect Phaos augments are needed to beat relic by less than 1%.

My thinking is this- for what you spend on getting perfect Skirmish bow augments, you might be able to complete a relic. And Yoichi is a clear number one ranged option for samurai (Namas over Apex Arrow), whereas SAM can't use Phaosphelia. Relics also have 25 r.acc over Skirmish bow, so in situations like new Vagary where mobs are very evasive, I expect Phaos to fall behind a bit.

Still, we're at the point where you don't *need* a relic to play ranger at a high level, which is fantastic.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-04-06 10:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just when I finished Annihilator 119 last week XD
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-06 11:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Just when I finished Annihilator 119 last week XD

I feel you. If the enmity changes weren't so drastic, it wouldn't be so bad because you would have to walk the hate line. But now it appears to be a challenge to do so and you can go all out on damage. Based on the notes, it appears that hate decreases quickly now due to the change where the larger the(i)level gap is between the player and monster, the faster VE is shed.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-06 12:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just SE and their process of killing relics. Anni/Yoichi have been the odd men out for a long time as the only DD relics that mattered. Now all SE has to do is kill Aegis and Ghorn, not that those relics are even a fraction as good as they used to be.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2015-04-07 06:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I already have Yoichi and had stage 4 Anni turned in before for the enmity changes. It sucks but I'm finishing it anyway no way I'm wasting that much gil to not get to play around with a new toy albeit less exciting and useful now. SE already got me on the Yoichi 3 months after I finished they did the fudo update. :/
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-04-07 06:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'll be abusing Last Stand on Annihilator :p
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-07 08:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I returned to the game after 2 1/2 months of a break, right after I'd 119'd my Annihilator.

Now, from what I'm reading, I may as well load up my Tenzen bow and pew away with it. That's distressing.

Though I have a question, since I don't know much about the newer gear... I do pretty well in my TP build, but the only items I once was missing were Trip earring and Elanid belt. Can this be improved upon?

melee- Mekki
grip= Bloodrain
rng- Anni
ammo- Achi bullets
Hat: Arcadian +1
Neck: Ocachi
Earrings: Clearview/Volley
Body: Either Kyu or Arcadian +1
Hands: Alruna +1
Rings: Pachi/Longshot
Back: Lutian with +2 STP
Belt: Patentia Sash
Legs: Aetosaur +1
Feet: Orion +1

Has enough racc that I an hit anything that isn't a Vagary MB with only food (Pot +1).. had to swap to racc set for that stupid demon thing.

I was looking at the unity axe, but idk...

If you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-07 08:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
I returned to the game after 2 1/2 months of a break, right after I'd 119'd my Annihilator.

Now, from what I'm reading, I may as well load up my Tenzen bow and pew away with it. That's distressing.

Though I have a question, since I don't know much about the newer gear... I do pretty well in my TP build, but the only items I once was missing were Trip earring and Elanid belt. Can this be improved upon?

melee- Mekki
grip= Bloodrain
rng- Anni
ammo- Achi bullets
Hat: Arcadian +1
Neck: Ocachi
Earrings: Clearview/Volley
Body: Either Kyu or Arcadian +1
Hands: Alruna +1
Rings: Pachi/Longshot
Back: Lutian with +2 STP
Belt: Patentia Sash
Legs: Aetosaur +1
Feet: Orion +1

Has enough racc that I an hit anything that isn't a Vagary MB with only food (Pot +1).. had to swap to racc set for that stupid demon thing.

I was looking at the unity axe, but idk...

If you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

You'll want the entire set of empy reforged+1. Head is best in slot preshot. Body is best in slot preshot, and situationally best in slot for TP and WS. Hands / legs have nice chunks of STP. Feet are best in slot TP + WS piece for Gun.

Enervating + Neritic Earring's are what you should shoot for. Enervating drops from Perfiden (hades 1st form), and Neritic is from Leviathan II BC.

The axe you noted is pretty nice. Otherwise there's Atoyac with OAT / WSD+2%.

Think that's about it.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-07 08:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on my empy reforge already as I liked the looks of it. Neritic... Leviathan... oh joy! I have the Atoyac with indicated augs already. The Perfiden earring may be a bit harder as I need to do more Vagary. I only have 2 clears.

Thanks a ton :D
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-07 13:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre-Empy reforge you should move your STP away from Mekki and into other slots so you can use Atoyac or possibly the new axe. The best slots would be switching your rings to Rajas/K'ayres, other options include augmented Skotes, Neritic Earring, Kyu, Trip, or Enervating.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-04-07 16:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see oneiros knife with tenzen vs skirmish bow and atoyac. The crit rate will be higher with tezen making the massive boost (10%!) from oneiros outstanding. if you can still crit reliably with skirmish then you should use oneiros with that as well. Especially with wsd only working on the first hit.

As for those Anni users out there, I'd wager that because how delays work on ranged the ws frequency will be much higher than a bow, the aim speed is much quicker and the tp gained is higher. Last stand spam is definitely competitive at the least.
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 130 131 132