First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 130 131 132
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-01-30 10:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ezrah said: »
Can the "precast" "midcast" sets be used without using GS? just in-game macros? I dont want to use gearswap add-on. So id basically set a mac to equip my snapshot set then /ra <t>. then after shot animation starts hit a seperate mac to equip a TP set.

Macro1 (Snapshot)
/equipset (Snapshot) <wait 1>
/ra <t>

Macro2 (Midshot)
/equipset (TP set)

Would that work to mimic what GS does?

This is what i do, seems to work fine.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-30 11:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That way DOES work, it has the unfortunate effect of screwing you occasionally when rapid shot procs. Really not a lot you can do about it though, except change to a 2/4 recycle set.

Your rapid shots will proc in the preshot set, so you'll come up short of 1000 tp every couple cycles.
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2015-01-30 11:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

just to reiterate, until you get that dm2 body/trip earring. I 100% recommend going with mekki shakki/bloodrain. You miss out on fencer but getting a 3/4 step set going is too good to pass up.

to go along with valli's set {if you want to use arc body+1}

head: arc +1
neck: ocachi
earrings: trip/volley or levi earring
body: arc +1
hands: Seiryu (+5 stp)
rings: rajas/Paqichikaji(my personal preference for the -3enmity, use that or haj +1)
back: sylvan
waist: elanid
legs: aeto +1
feet: orion +1

that's 32 stp(34 with levi earring) so you'll need 15 in your ws sets.

the arc+1 body set is approx 30-40 less ranged acc, so adjust as you need for the mob/buffs. (i personally don't have any issue using it)

A good starter set could be along the lines of

mekki/bloodrain
head: arc +1
body: orion +1 or arc +1
hands: Sigyn's (from salvage, basically free just requires a little work)
legs: Arc+1
feet: orion +1
neck: orachi
belt: goading
back: Sylvan
rings: rajas/haj/pag
earring: sylvan or clearvie/volley

that would be 32 stp, so 15 stp in your ws set to maintain the 3/4 build. You can bump is down for a 2/4 build.

that's 22 stp in tp set and 15 in ws

or 24 stp in tp and 10 in ws.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
Server: Fenrir
user: Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-01-30 13:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I am only just beginning rng. Dont have mekki or bloodrain yet. Any decent alts? is there a poor-mans set that might get me by? any advice would be great. Can I get by with this to farm bloodrain or delve bow? I want that bloodrain for sam too ; ; I usually do PuGs dont have access to a wealth of badasses willing to help me through anything either :( occasionally when i can rouse a few from their own goals I can get help.I have the following:

orion+1 head
orion+1 body
seiryus/itutl+1s (like it says above Sigyns, ill farm those up)
nahtirah pants
scopuli+1 feet(118) (for now)
ocachi
rajas/jalzahns
volley/clearview
Scout belt ><
JSE cape - no augments
cibit - maxed from my sam(for now)
hurlbat/aphotic/atoyac
i have some sylvans but only at +1 atm
(mid-yoichi i know gun blah blah blah but i play sam a lot too so i wanted for both)
my job options are RDM and SAM and just got THF up to 99 but working on that gear as well.
By myaihze 2015-02-03 19:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a damage, maybe gear too, question. I finished my relic gun about the time my kid was born and have not been able to really play around with it. I have been able to do some events here and there and my dmg is always lower, sometimes significantly, then the other rngs with guns and similar sets.

For really cranking out the damage am I supposed to be only spamming coro, meaning my coro set needs work, or should I be trying to slip in some last stands while aftermath is up?

Any advice or insight would be appreciated as I don't want to be one of "those" RNG haha
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-03 19:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Always depends on the scenario. Sometimes you want to spam coro only for darkness skillchains. Sometimes you want last stands if enmity permits it.

Typically, Coro, then last stand after barrages, last stand whenever decoy permits it.

Or if the mob is light based (like marjami delve) coro spam is better, as light skillchains do nothing compared to a darkness skillchain.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-02-03 20:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ezrah said: »
I am only just beginning rng. Dont have mekki or bloodrain yet. Any decent alts? is there a poor-mans set that might get me by? any advice would be great. Can I get by with this to farm bloodrain or delve bow? I want that bloodrain for sam too ; ; I usually do PuGs dont have access to a wealth of badasses willing to help me through anything either :( occasionally when i can rouse a few from their own goals I can get help.I have the following:

orion+1 head
orion+1 body
seiryus/itutl+1s (like it says above Sigyns, ill farm those up)
nahtirah pants
scopuli+1 feet(118) (for now)
ocachi
rajas/jalzahns
volley/clearview
Scout belt ><
JSE cape - no augments
cibit - maxed from my sam(for now)
hurlbat/aphotic/atoyac
i have some sylvans but only at +1 atm
(mid-yoichi i know gun blah blah blah but i play sam a lot too so i wanted for both)
my job options are RDM and SAM and just got THF up to 99 but working on that gear as well.

Aim for a 3/4 4 hit with Cibi for now, and a 4/5 Recycle 5 hit with Yoichi later. I have a 3/4 4 hit Yoichi set. It takes a lot of gear and deep sacrifices in other stats to get your 4 hit without STP roll. Using the ranger spreadsheet, I get Yoichi 4/5 5 hit using AF2 119 body and Atoyac (+ weapon skill damage) to be the superior setup.

Yoichi is a fine option. Damage ceiling on bow is higher than gun because of Jishnu's. Of all possible options Hangaku-no-Yumi is probably the highest damage on paper, with Yoichi second, but you will have more hate problems compared to relic gun rangers, so real world damage is going to be less.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-05 21:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying this setup in situations where I'd like to use meat but accuracy dips too low. With this I can afford to use meat on all but the highest evasion content. With geomancer and bard buffs it gets by on difficult divine might {Edit: I think it was like 85%+ before MR with precision only, I capped when preludes were sung} ]with a cor I could probably use meat on anything. Stp on lutian to keep my xhit. I usually stick to atoyac as well, but I thought hurlbat could be better when the theme is high acc.

ItemSet 333053
 Bismarck.Ryugi
Server: Bismarck
user: Ryug1
By Bismarck.Ryugi 2015-02-07 00:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i been a little busy getting items together and was wondering on this set. Is it good or what can i move around? I don't have skotes augmented the cape has no augments. I do have the atoyac augmented and i have the shield but i would be loosing quite a bit of stp. ItemSet 333077
By myaihze 2015-02-12 13:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any use for bellona's ring anymore?
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-02-12 14:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

myaihze said: »
Other than maybe town gear, I would say no. There are "better" options now. It's not a bad choice, it's just there are better options.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-02-12 14:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

myaihze said: »

I used it on SAM for Apex Arrow but Garuda +1 is a better option now, I think.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-12 14:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ryugi said: »
Ok i been a little busy getting items together and was wondering on this set. Is it good or what can i move around? I don't have skotes augmented the cape has no augments. I do have the atoyac augmented and i have the shield but i would be loosing quite a bit of stp. ItemSet 333077

Is this a 3-hit build (including WS)? That seems like a crazy amount of STP for a 4-hit.
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2015-02-12 15:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, that's a 4 hit with overTP. Becomes a 3 hit with COR roll of (eyeballed guess) 9 or higher. I use something similar with dagger/shield for mildly evasive mobs when LastStand spam is viable.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-12 20:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I really doubt you'd ever find a situation that Mekki Shakki is worth using these days. That is really the last thing you want to swap. K'ayres Ring, Sylvan Chlamys, Aeto+1 Legs, Skotes, hell maybe even Qaaxo Feet with STP+3 would be things you would want to use before restoring to Mekki.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-12 21:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Let relic head do it's work, if you over TP by that much because you missed a proc just use last stand.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-02-12 21:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is you would need multiple of those pieces to get the 11 STP you get from mekki/bloodrain grip. I dont see any of the options you listed being worth swapping over to hurlbat/legion scutum unless you are completely forgetting about Xhit and stacking acc in every slot
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-12 21:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Problem is you would need multiple of those pieces to get the 11 STP you get from mekki/bloodrain grip. I dont see any of the options you listed being worth swapping over to hurlbat/legion scutum unless you are completely forgetting about Xhit and stacking acc in every slot
K'ayres + Aeto gives you 10, you'd probably still gain more damage switching to Kayres+Sylvan+Aeto and using Atoyac than you would using those pieces. If you really need racc from ring/legs switch up buffs, food, or other slots (Aeto+1 are awesome for racc and still give STP!). Mekki is giving you 11 STP, Atoyac is giving you 12 AGI 2 WSD and Fencer.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-12 22:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious as to the reasoning behind TP overflow for Coro. Does it scale particularly well with TP, or is the set just meant to not have to use relic head proc?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-02-12 22:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic WSs TP is longer aftermath across the board.
 Bismarck.Ryugi
Server: Bismarck
user: Ryug1
By Bismarck.Ryugi 2015-02-13 00:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so what would be my optimal tp build so far i have seiryu kote with 4 stp havent been lucky yet still trying. Lutian cape with Str+5 Agi +3 Stp 1. Got atoyac legiom scutum. K'ayres and what would be a good coronach build still getting used to this i havent played ranger in a long time and just came back to game and got my Gun.
By Davorin 2015-02-13 00:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ryugi said: »
Ok so what would be my optimal tp build so far i have seiryu kote with 4 stp havent been lucky yet still trying. Lutian cape with Str+5 Agi +3 Stp 1. Got atoyac legiom scutum. K'ayres and what would be a good coronach build still getting used to this i havent played ranger in a long time and just came back to game and got my Gun.

Reread page 74. Nothing has really changed for RNG since those sets.
 Cerberus.Exiled
By Cerberus.Exiled 2015-02-22 23:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm relatively new to the post 75 ranger game. Made yoichi for sam but decided I may as well get the most out of it. Quick question; do most of the gun sets apply to bow as well? I realize the ws have different modifiers so theres probably some difference there, but at least the other sets (snap/acc/etc)

Finding yoichi sets is kind of a pain. If anyone has some I can look at that'd be super.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-23 15:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Use all the str you can for namas, generally all str for other ranged ws, besides last stand, as well unless your pdif is capped such as when frailty is on the target and you have fury+chaos then you can add more agi and dex
By fillerbunny9 2015-03-05 16:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Use all the str you can for namas, generally all str for other ranged ws, besides last stand, as well unless your pdif is capped such as when frailty is on the target and you have fury+chaos then you can add more agi and dex

if using Jishnus are you really better off stacking STR? I thought you still wanted to stack DEX primarily on that.
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2015-03-10 16:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder what you guys favor on Taeon set, WSD%+ or more STR for Namas Arrow.. Tights and Tabard have high STR so adding WSD% is a bonus! Chapeau, Gloves and boots ? any thoughts ? besides Ratt/Racc on them all.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-11 13:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

if using Jishnus are you really better off stacking STR? I thought you still wanted to stack DEX primarily on that.
if your attack is capped add more WS mod, for Jishnu that's dex. Frailty, fury, chaos and Dia will pretty much cap you
 Odin.Botosi
Server: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2015-03-11 16:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Limlight said: »
15 stp in coronoch;

4/4 recycles 22 stp
3/4 recycles 32 stp
2/4 recycles 42 stp

the numbers, gear off of those.

Going by this, I aimed for 3/4 recycle proc-rate and came up with these sets. Any suggestions?

Low Acc:
ItemSet 333883

Mid Acc:
ItemSet 333884

High Acc:
ItemSet 333885

*Assumes STP+3 on Lutian Cape to get 32 STP and Type C Qaaxo Leggings augment. You could add more Acc to the Max Acc set, but I haven't fought anything that needs that much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-11 16:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Netero said: »
i wonder what you guys favor on Taeon set, WSD%+ or more STR for Namas Arrow.. Tights and Tabard have high STR so adding WSD% is a bonus! Chapeau, Gloves and boots ? any thoughts ? besides Ratt/Racc on them all.

I think Taeon Gloves and Boots would be very nice with STP+5-6 along with 15-20 racc/ratk. For dusk, you could do STR + AGI, just STR, WSD, or maybe even crit dmg.

I don't know how high Snapshot goes, but Snapshot+5 would be pretty nice on the boots.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 130 131 132