Asura.Netero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2015-03-11 19:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Asura.Netero said: »
i wonder what you guys favor on Taeon set, WSD%+ or more STR for Namas Arrow.. Tights and Tabard have high STR so adding WSD% is a bonus! Chapeau, Gloves and boots ? any thoughts ? besides Ratt/Racc on them all.

I think Taeon Gloves and Boots would be very nice with STP+5-6 along with 15-20 racc/ratk. For dusk, you could do STR + AGI, just STR, WSD, or maybe even crit dmg.

I don't know how high Snapshot goes, but Snapshot+5 would be pretty nice on the boots.

Not sure if u can get STP+ on Taeon set, never seen it .. can anyone confirm that ?

Snapshot+5 on feet would be realy nice indeed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-11 20:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i wonder what you guys favor on Taeon set, WSD%+ or more STR for Namas Arrow.. Tights and Tabard have high STR so adding WSD% is a bonus! Chapeau, Gloves and boots ? any thoughts ? besides Ratt/Racc on them all.

I think Taeon Gloves and Boots would be very nice with STP+5-6 along with 15-20 racc/ratk. For dusk, you could do STR + AGI, just STR, WSD, or maybe even crit dmg.

I don't know how high Snapshot goes, but Snapshot+5 would be pretty nice on the boots.

Not sure if u can get STP+ on Taeon set, never seen it .. can anyone confirm that ?

Good point, I've never seen STP. I figured it was possible since the BG page listed it. The wiki page is a bit unorganized tbh.

Pretty lame for rng if that's the case.
 Asura.Netero
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2015-03-11 23:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point, I've never seen STP. I figured it was possible since the BG page listed it. The wiki page is a bit unorganized tbh.

Pretty lame for rng if that's the case.

i guess it would be over power.. since no Occ. Quickness spellcasting augment is available.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-03-13 15:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I don't think you can get STP on Taeon. I was hoping you could so you could make a piece somewhat similar to Kyu. I've already augmented my Taeon Body with +17r.att/r.acc. I haven't had any luck with getting WSD% yet though(been getting WS Accuracy)
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-13 15:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tummie said: »
I haven't had any luck with getting WSD% yet though(been getting WS Accuracy)
WSD and WSAcc are not on the same stone. WSD is Duskslit, WSAcc is Leafslit.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-03-13 15:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Lakshmi.Tummie said: »
I haven't had any luck with getting WSD% yet though(been getting WS Accuracy)
WSD and WSAcc are not on the same stone. WSD is Duskslit, WSAcc is Leafslit.

You are correct, I got the stones mixed up. I ended up with STR/VIT on the Duskslit and mostly WS accuracy on leafslit.
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-03-28 00:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post updated sets that include aug'd skirmish and empy reforges for preshot/midshot/ws anni/yoichi please? It should be much easier to do 2/4 or 3/4 recycle builds with all the STP you can get from empy hands/legs, was just curious to see what I should aim for.. although I'm not eager to spend another couple mil on taeon augs D:
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-03-29 17:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new enmity changes.. I can go balls to the walls spamming Jishnu without ever pulling hate. >_>
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2015-03-29 17:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magi said: »
Can anyone post updated sets that include aug'd skirmish and empy reforges for preshot/midshot/ws anni/yoichi please? It should be much easier to do 2/4 or 3/4 recycle builds with all the STP you can get from empy hands/legs, was just curious to see what I should aim for.. although I'm not eager to spend another couple mil on taeon augs D:

I would love this as well.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-29 17:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

quickly inputting the new gear into the spreadsheet, using hands, feet, and legs all pull ahead of their previous counter parts. it with the additional Store TP, it also allows for other slots that needed sTP in it to allow the 4hit to be swapped out for stuff that increases your TP DPS
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-30 12:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
quickly inputting the new gear into the spreadsheet, using hands, feet, and legs all pull ahead of their previous counter parts. it with the additional Store TP, it also allows for other slots that needed sTP in it to allow the 4hit to be swapped out for stuff that increases your TP DPS

It looks like there's a few things wrong with the RNG DPS sheet.

It doesn't account for the 5% boost to ranged attack that you'll get from Sylvan Caban or Amini Caban(+1) with VS up. It does account for the 5% boost to snapshot though.

The formula for handling relic triple damage proc's for Annihilator and Yoichi has a small error. If you check on the data tab, line 141 you'll notice 119 Annihilator is getting the lvl 75 proc rate @ 5% instead of the correct value (13%).

I fixed these issues and added the new reforged empy gear, as well as Taeon. I made sure the true shot +2 bonus from Brague was accounted for as well.

There's a possiblity my DPS sheet was old, but it's dated 10/14 so I assume it's not.

First, Taeon gear. I have melee stats on mine, and I was only really interested in testing out the implications WSD+3% might have for Coronach. Being a 1 hit WS, it benefits quite a bit. Head, Hands, and Legs were all best in slot with WSD+3%. If you have racc/ratk as well, even better.

Empy reforged. I get Amini Caban +1 beating everything else for TP & WS, unless you're attack capped, and don't benefit from it's Racc. In that case, Arcadian +1 wins. (For TP)

If anyone is curious, I was getting +62 ratk from the NQ amini caban, and +88 ratk from the HQ. (not including ratk from STR)

Hands Legs and Feet are easy winners for TP. Feet, and Body win for Coronach.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-30 12:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know if velocity shot counts in the 70% cap for snapshot? From the way Matsui says it, it kind of sounds that way.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-30 12:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

It looks like there's a few things wrong with the RNG DPS sheet.

It doesn't account for the 5% boost to ranged attack that you'll get from Sylvan Caban or Amini Caban(+1) with VS up. It does account for the 5% boost to snapshot though.

The formula for handling relic triple damage proc's for Annihilator and Yoichi has a small error. If you check on the data tab, line 141 you'll notice 119 Annihilator is getting the lvl 75 proc rate @ 5% instead of the correct value (13%).

I fixed these issues and added the new reforged empy gear, as well as Taeon. I made sure the true shot +2 bonus from Brague was accounted for as well.

There's a possiblity my DPS sheet was old, but it's dated 10/14 so I assume it's not.

First, Taeon gear. I have melee stats on mine, and I was only really interested in testing out the implications WSD+3% might have for Coronach. Being a 1 hit WS, it benefits quite a bit. Head, Hands, and Legs were all best in slot with WSD+3%. If you have racc/ratk as well, even better.

Empy reforged. I get Amini Caban +1 beating everything else for TP & WS, unless you're attack capped, and don't benefit from it's Racc. In that case, Arcadian +1 wins. (For TP)

If anyone is curious, I was getting +62 ratk from the NQ amini caban, and +88 ratk from the HQ. (not including ratk from STR)

Hands Legs and Feet are easy winners for TP. Feet, and Body win for Coronach.

I notices some of those errors also, like Caban not adding the r.atk bonus, but didnt investigate where to adjust it. Also, updating the relic damage proc rate helps DPS a lot. Can you post an updated version online and line to is for us all to have access to?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-30 12:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Do we know if velocity shot counts in the 70% cap for snapshot? From the way Matsui says it, it kind of sounds that way.

I haven't seen any hard data, or confirmation from SE, so i'm not sure
By Senyn 2015-03-30 12:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm told that enmity is no longer an issue, now that its broken as it is since last update, so, is it time to retire anni?

Can we go full retard and rock bows spamming JR, or was I lied too QQ
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-30 12:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity is full out broken. I'm not sure how that translates to ranger at the moment as we're abusing the whole magic burst thing for now. :X What I have noticed is that JA generate a LOT of hate whereas ws don't generate as much. My guess is that yes you can abuse the hell out of JR at the moment. I was toying with the idea of upgrading the allu skirmish bow since I made anni over yoi.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-30 13:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity is full out broken. I'm not sure how that translates to ranger at the moment as we're abusing the whole magic burst thing for now. :X What I have noticed is that JA generate a LOT of hate whereas ws don't generate as much. My guess is that yes you can abuse the hell out of JR at the moment. I was toying with the idea of upgrading the allu skirmish bow since I made anni over yoi.

afaik, JA hate generation is completely unique to Vagary and Incursion.

I don't think it's that meaningful, even in these scenarios though. Our DD still have bosses stick to them like glue.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-30 14:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh I see. We've been going pretty much full mage setup and the poor cor gets raped by the trash every time they try to roll even with ja spells going off.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-30 14:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh I see. We've been going pretty much full mage setup and the poor cor gets raped by the trash every time they try to roll even with ja spells going off.

I've been that COR :p

It seems a bit more profound when you JA in front of 6 mobs who all rush to beat you down. I think they actually aggro JA's.

Fighting a single boss with PLD + multiple DD's though, and you don't see the boss slapping the guy who just used Third Eye, etc.
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-03-30 15:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How much STP is needed for 2/4 and 3/4 recycle proc builds for TP/WS phase now?
 Leviathan.Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-03-30 15:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Senyn said: »
So I'm told that enmity is no longer an issue, now that its broken as it is since last update, so, is it time to retire anni?

Can we go full retard and rock bows spamming JR, or was I lied too QQ

That's what I did in Kamihr and DM yesterday, and I never pulled hate spamming JR even when decoy was down. It's really fun while it lasts >_>
[+]
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-03-30 17:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What bow are you using? Get an oat Kamihr bow and go all out?
 Leviathan.Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-03-30 21:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using Hangaku-no-yumi, which is probably not the best.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-30 23:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new enmity update and how it affected enmity generated through damage, how valid are Annihilator and Yoichinoyumi versus the other higher base damage weapon options?

Fixed hate WS's are still nice and all, but not as valuable as they were before. Aftermath's on both are nice, but nothing that can't be worked around. The only thing they have left is the the 13% chance of OTD proc. Which is nice for white damage and Barrage. But how does that compare to a straight DPS increase from a large base damage increase from things like Hangaku-no-Yumi or Phaosphaelia with good augments while using Jishnu's Radiance? Or in the case of a gun, Last Stand?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-30 23:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
With the new enmity update and how it affected enmity generated through damage, how valid are Annihilator and Yoichinoyumi versus the other higher base damage weapon options?

Fixed hate WS's are still nice and all, but not as valuable as they were before. Aftermath's on both are nice, but nothing that can't be worked around. The only thing they have left is the the 13% chance of OTD proc. Which is nice for white damage and Barrage. But how does that compare to a straight DPS increase from a large base damage increase from things like Hangaku-no-Yumi or Phaosphaelia with good augments while using Jishnu's Radiance? Or in the case of a gun, Last Stand?

Annihilator 119
DMG:105 Delay:582 Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30 Marksmanship skill +242 "Coronach"

Yoichinoyumi 119
DMG:223 Delay:524 Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30 Archery skill +242 "Namas Arrow"

Posting stats on 119 of both weapons for comparison, as you can see, it's actually quite a large increase in base damage your gaining, even considering the loss of the 13% Triple damage proc rate.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-31 00:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure in any contest where it's Last Stand vs Jishnu's Radiance, the bow ranger is going to wipe the floor with the gun ranger (which makes me kinda sad but oh well). I wanted to go play with phaosphaelia tonight but lately it's all vagary all the time so that was a no go.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-31 00:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

PLease

Annihilator 119
DMG:105 Delay:582 Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30 Marksmanship skill +242 "Coronach"

Yoichinoyumi 119
DMG:223 Delay:524 Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30 Archery skill +242 "Namas Arrow"

Posting stats on 119 of both weapons for comparison, as you can see, it's actually quite a large increase in base damage your gaining, even considering the loss of the 13% Triple damage proc rate.

Please post your TP/WS sets. Because I'm getting Yoichi TP average coming out ahead of Tenzen Bow, and Anni above both. Haven't begun messing with WS sets yet though
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2015-03-31 19:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just been 3 fluky runs, but even with the increased enmity cap, i've pulled some massive hate with pure LS spam with my relic gun. I thought the same thing, with the enmity shift that it shouldn't be an issue....and my pld isn't bad at all. It could just be a few fluke runs in Vag.

I'm talking about on nms. I've haven't gone LS crazy on a boss just to be safe.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-31 19:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Annihilator 119

Yoichinoyumi 119

Wouldn't you need to consider ammo as well?

Bullets are 253 DMG and arrows are 87 DMG, bullets are 166 higher. Anni and yoich difference is only 118 meaning gun/bullets win as far as base damage is concerned. Although it is much easier to be in "true" range on a bow and remain safe than it is with a gun, so that might be a factor.

Also I thought tenzen bow would be the jishnu spammer, what are other people using for balls out damage?
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2015-03-31 21:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't the reforged empy body worse for preshot than the +2 with gearswap? Looks like its less.

I'm just wondering this at a glance as I just came back to the game and thought one of you might know.
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 130 131 132