New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 130 131 132
By fractalvoid 2014-10-22 23:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Was with Iuitl Gaiters +1 but am not sure if that makes a difference. Only got snapshot+1 so far on Iuitl Wristbands +1 but not sure if I'll even bother throwing more stones at it.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-10-23 18:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is the final verdict on Alruna's hands +1?
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-10-23 18:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the question?

For preshot they're the same as unaugmented Iuitl and beaten with a Snapshot augment naturally. For shooting they could have some very niche uses depending on your stats though for all intents and purposes are probably even or worse than Arcadian +1. They have the advantage of offering accuracy on a good attack/STR piece, but most people just opt for Seiryu in midshots to maintain their X-Hit. Arcadian +1 should be stronger for WS in just about every possible scenario.
By fractalvoid 2014-10-23 18:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe useful for Coronach when you need r.acc.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-11-04 12:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I have my Khepri Feet (Aug), still looks prettier than Iuitl :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-11-08 09:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best gear when using True Flight nowadays?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-08 10:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »

Nothing has changed, except the hands. The new rings will be better, but not out yet. Moonphase/Artemis, Day-Weather/Belt
ItemSet 327304

Added Yamabuki, had no idea this existed, since I refuse to do incurion. It's 8 damage better than sveltesse. Nothing amazing, but better.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-11-08 23:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Nothing has changed, except the hands. The new rings will be better, but not out yet. Moonphase/Artemis, Day-Weather/Belt
ItemSet 327304

Which new rings you talking about? Adoulin one?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-09 00:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Weatherspoon will be the best ring possible. Then Adoulin ring. 3rd Arvina+1, 4th Garuda+1, Then Acumen, Garuda, Fenrir+1, Demon aug.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-11-09 01:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Weatherspoon will be the best ring possible. Then Adoulin ring. 3rd Arvina+1, 4th Garuda+1, Then Acumen, Garuda, Fenrir+1, Demon aug.

Just making sure, isn't 1 MAB = 2 AGI?
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-11-09 01:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking of testing something for myself on Ranger, but I would like to get a few Questions out of the way before I do so.

Regarding STP mechanic between Gun and Bow, how much difference is there? From reading posts from players, it looks like Bow needs more STP gear on when firing to aim for a 4hit built. Can someone explain to me why?

Next question is, if the above question is true, how would you put the Mythic Crossbow in there? Would it need the same STP set as bow or gun or maybe more?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-09 02:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking of testing something for myself on Ranger, but I would like to get a few Questions out of the way before I do so.

Regarding STP mechanic between Gun and Bow, how much difference is there? From reading posts from players, it looks like Bow needs more STP gear on when firing to aim for a 4hit built. Can someone explain to me why?

Next question is, if the above question is true, how would you put the Mythic Crossbow in there? Would it need the same STP set as bow or gun or maybe more?

Ranged delay works two ways.

Actual delay between shots is based on the delay on the weapon only.

TP return is based on the delay of the weapon and ammo combined. With that in mind:
Yoichi + Shark Ammo = 524 + 90 = 614
Mythic XBow + Shark Ammo = 432 + 192 = 624
Annihilator + Shark Ammo = 582 + 240 = 822

So, with those total delays, you need the least Store TP when using Annihilator. Mythic XBow and Yoichi are close in total delay, so need close to the same Store TP to reach a 4-Hit, but a fair bit more than the gun.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-11-09 02:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Ranged delay works two ways.

Actual delay between shots is based on the delay on the weapon only.

TP return is based on the delay of the weapon and ammo combined. With that in mind:
Yoichi + Shark Ammo = 524 + 90 = 614
Mythic XBow + Shark Ammo = 432 + 192 = 624
Annihilator + Shark Ammo = 582 + 240 = 822

So, with those total delays, you need the least Store TP when using Annihilator. Mythic XBow and Yoichi are close in total delay, so need close to the same Store TP to reach a 4-Hit, but a fair bit more than the gun.

Thank you very much sir. That's what I was looking for.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-11-09 10:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Building my RNG now and was hoping to get a little ballpark on R. Acc (maybe a mid and high set). I don't do a lot of really difficult endgame stuff, so was wondering how much R. Acc I'd need for Incursion (lowe levels) and Delve for example.

Just need a ballpark to see if/where I can make tradeoffs.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-11-09 15:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 327304

Isn't Scopuli Nails +1 better than Qaaxo leggings(Path C) for True Flight?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-09 16:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

No... it's not even close.

How could you even possibly come to that possibility?

15 MAB and 27 AGI vs 37 Agi that's about a 200 damage difference.

Are you just buying another mythic with no clue how to use it? Not to be a Complete ***, but yeah. Have you ever even used Trueflight?

It would take... roughly 60 AGI on shoes to beat Qaaxo, AKA probably never going to happen, until like Ilvl 150~

**Holy ***dat Highwing helm!**
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-11-10 16:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone taking the snapshot ring?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-10 17:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

Yeah, I think I am. Mainly picking it for RNG, but I also get use out of it on COR and for the DW in unbuffed situations on my THF DNC NIN BLU (for instance, Salvage or Dyna).

DW should make it best-in-slot TP ring option for every DW job when you can't get other buffs, even on jobs with lots of DW like NIN. If you're getting haste/marches/etc., even from Trusts, that's likely not the case. But you can't use trusts everywhere...

I don't play any mages, and the DT ring being normal PDT- (and not PDT II to exceed the 50% cap) ruled that one out for me. From a WS perspective, using Adoulin reward for a WS ring that is a near sidegrade to existing stuff (in situations where it wins) is not that appealing to me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 17:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly think that the WSD 3% for Coronoch, and the regain though extremely minimal, beat the gains on snapshot.

Only because, I feel like we can't possibly shoot any faster than we are, and RNG is only used under high buff situations.

I could be wrong, obviously. But, I mean seriously, we've GOT to be at or damn near the 80% reduction.

Proper use of the regain on the ring via gearswap, could potentially make a 3/4 recycle set work 100% of the time. And that's a good thing.

Feel free to disagree, I know I talked myself out of the Haverton ring.

In serious need of Snapshot testing.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-11-10 17:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we capped snapshot with flurry 2? Overkill still feels a bit faster but 1hr might be special
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-10 17:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

Yeah, I think I am. Mainly picking it for RNG, but I also get use out of it on COR and for the DW in unbuffed situations on my THF DNC NIN BLU (for instance, Salvage or Dyna).

DW should make it best-in-slot TP ring option for every DW job when you can't get other buffs, even on jobs with lots of DW like NIN. If you're getting haste/marches/etc., even from Trusts, that's likely not the case. But you can't use trusts everywhere...

I don't play any mages, and the DT ring being normal PDT- (and not PDT II to exceed the 50% cap) ruled that one out for me. From a WS perspective, using Adoulin reward for a WS ring that is a near sidegrade to existing stuff (in situations where it wins) is not that appealing to me.
The WS damage that Karieyh gives isn't really that minimal, the only time that HQ rings are better is if the secondary stat of the HQ ring is applicable (like if you really need that racc from Garuda+1). It's a small boost but so is 5 snapshot. Playing around with the spreadsheets I was getting Karieyh to be around a 160 damage gain on Coronach over Garuda+1 on 3200~ Coronachs, obviously that is a small amount of damage but it isn't insignificant.

It seems odd to me to pick one of these powerful rings around playing unbuffed, I can't remember the last time I actually had to use DW gear on my Nin.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-11-10 18:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
It seems odd to me to pick one of these powerful rings around playing unbuffed, I can't remember the last time I actually had to use DW gear on my Nin.

To be clear, I'm absolutely not saying the reason to choose Haverton is the DW. The decision would be based on the ranged stats, DW is nothing more than a side bonus for if you ever happen to be playing without buffs on a DW job (which at least for me, does happen somewhat regularly).

Just wanted to make the point that the DW is worth more than zero. Maybe in the case you just can't choose it's enough to break a tie.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-11-12 04:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No... it's not even close.

How could you even possibly come to that possibility?

15 MAB and 27 AGI vs 37 Agi that's about a 200 damage difference.

Are you just buying another mythic with no clue how to use it? Not to be a Complete ***, but yeah. Have you ever even used Trueflight?

It would take... roughly 60 AGI on shoes to beat Qaaxo, AKA probably never going to happen, until like Ilvl 150~

**Holy ***dat Highwing helm!**

I already have the mythic crossbow. Trying to improve it as much as possible since I could barely find any information.

And I asked, since I was arguing about it with a old LS mate who has it(different server) and was just asking for feed back.
By Feanorsof 2014-11-13 11:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just returned to the game this week, and I was wondering if anyone could point me to an updated gear guide? I'm just trying to plan my progression, this is my current gear:

<set name="snapshot">
<ammo>Dark Adaman Bullet</ammo>
<head>Sylvan gapette +2</head>
<neck>Rancor Collar</neck>
<lear>Vulcan's Pearl</lear>
<rear>Flame Pearl</rear>
<body>Sylvan Caban +2</body>
<hands>Blood finger gauntlets</hands>
<lring>rajas ring</lring>
<rring>Bellona's ring</rring>
<back>Sylvan Chlamys</back>
<waist>Impulse Belt</waist>
<legs>Mustela brais</legs>
<feet>Scout's socks +2</feet>

<set name="tp">
<head>Scout's beret +2</head>
<lear>Vulcan's Pearl</lear>
<rear>Volley Earring</rear>
<hands>Sylvan Glovelettes +2</hands>
<lring>rajas ring</lring>
<rring>Pyrosoul Ring</rring>
<back>Sylvan Chlamys</back>
<waist>Scout's Belt</waist>
<legs>Sylvan Bragues +2</legs>
<feet>Scout's socks +2</feet>

<set name="last stand">
<ammo>Adaman Bullet</ammo>
<head>Ocelomeh Headpiece</head>
<neck>Flame Gorget</neck>
<lear>Sylvan Earring</lear>
<rear>Moonshade earring</rear>
<hands>Scout's bracers +2</hands>
<lring>Stormsoul Ring</lring>
<rring>Stormsoul Ring</rring>
<back>Terebellum Mantle</back>
<waist>Flame belt</waist>
<legs>Thaumas Kecks</legs>
<feet>Sylvan Bottillons +2</feet>
</set>

<set name="Barrage">
<head>Sylvan gapette +2</head>
<lear>Flame pearl</lear>
<rear>Vulcan's Pearl</rear>
<hands>Hunter's bracers +1</hands>
<lring>Bellona's Ring</lring>
<back>Libeccio mantle</back>
<waist>Scout's belt</waist>
<legs>Mirador Trousers</legs>
</set>

<set name="Coronach">
<ammo>Adaman Bullet</ammo>
<head>Ocelomeh headpiece</head>
<neck>Breeze gorget</neck>
<lear>Moonshade earring</lear>
<rear>Vulcan's Pearl</rear>
<hands>Scout's bracers +2</hands>
<lring>Bellona's Ring</lring>
<back>Sylvan chlamys</back>
<waist>Pipilaka belt</waist>
<legs>Thaumas Kecks</legs>
</set>

I'm finding the plethora of new gear a little overwhelming and was not sure where to start.

Appreciate any advice you could offer.

Thanks!
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-18 11:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm just going to get my Annihilator today and I was wondering what people were using for Annihilator STP sets. There seem to be a large amount of items to use but I'm not 100% sure which is the best. Personally I'm looking at ItemSet 330736
for a mid-range accuracy set for fights like AA D GK, TT, EV, HM?, Hurkan, and so on. I'm not sure I can really change anything by changing Volley to Tripuido so I went with Volley.

For a high accuracy set I was thinking.
ItemSet 330737
I'm not entirely sure I'd ever need this much accuracy though. I imagine I could up the racc amount by using a racc weapon and the new ring but yeah.

Edit: Also would I be better preshotting in Arcadian Socks +1 or Snapshot+1 Iuitl+1?
By fractalvoid 2014-11-18 12:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use Tripudio/Neritic in the first set you can get away with a less-than-perfect sTP aug on Seiryu's.

This is what I use at the moment:
Code
        sets.Midshot.Annihilator = {
                        range="Annihilator",
                        ammo="Achiyal. Bullet",
                        head="Arcadian Beret +1",
                        neck="Ocachi Gorget",
                        ear1="Tripudio Earring",
                        ear2="Neritic Earring",
                        body="Arcadian Jerkin +1",
                        hands="Seiryu's Kote",
                        ring1="Hajduk Ring +1",
                        ring2="Rajas Ring",
                        back="Sylvan Chlamys",
                        waist="Elanid Belt",
                        legs="Nahtirah Trousers",
                        feet="Arcadian Socks +1"}
        sets.Midshot.Annihilator.MidACC = set_combine(sets.Midshot.Annihilator,{})
        sets.Midshot.Annihilator.HighACC = set_combine(sets.Midshot.Annihilator.MidACC,{
                        neck="Guadryi Necklace",
                        hands="Sigyn's Bazubands",
						back="Lutian Cape",
						legs="Orion Braccae +1",
						ear2="Clearview Earring",
                        feet="Orion Socks +1"
                        ring2="Hajduk Ring +1"})

sTP+2 on Lutian (waiting for a +5 so I can /toss Chlamys) and +4 on kote :/

Also, I'd preshot in the iuitl gaiters, but I'd go for a higher aug or even Wurrkatte Boots. +2 snapshot on iuitl should beat Wurrukatte afaik but as you know snapshot testing is very finicky.

Rapid shot needs to be stacked in large amounts to make a difference. You also need to consider that rapid shot needs to proc as well... Snapshot is a static reduction.

Enjoy the Annihilator, it's a great weapon.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-11-20 00:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been contemplating getting a Tenzen Bow and using it on fights where I don't care if I pull hate; AA taru, tulfaire in marjami delve, or Muyingya in ceizak delve. This is mostly because back in abyssea I made 90 gandiva, and finally obtained annihilator down the road and haven't looked back, And well I miss using Jishnu's lol. With Jishnu's Radiance being such a insanely powerful weaponskill it needs to be used with care.

My idea is to use it not only when hate isn't a deal breaker, but in long fights where my enmity will be kept minimal from decoy and coronach use; such as Marjami and Kamihr delve bosses. These fights usually go on long enough, especially in a full alliance fight (yay events), for a 2nd use of decoy shot. Normally I know my hate is ok and start using Last Stand here and there, but I'd like to swap to bow completely and spam Jishnu during my 2nd decoy shot activation.

Has anyone else tried playing like this? Is the spike in hate from max Jishnu power just too much? I'd probably add in large -enmity pieces like novia just to take the edge off. What do you guys think.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-20 00:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone plays slightly different, some say they can get away with using jishnu's... others CLEARLY can't lol.

When we take bow rangers, they basically always die lol. Not to say that the Anni rangers don't (sometimes) pull hate. Massive barrages etc. But it's really easy to do 10-15k Jishnu's and get everyone killed.

As far as when hate isn't an issue, it's a god damn riot rockin' the Tenzen bow playing oldschool style. Meree RNG with Jishnu's for the whole Ceizak run.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-11-20 01:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, maybe switch for like the last 10% of an 18 man delve fight, after using coronach all day might be doable. Have to test and get bolder each fight, swapping earlier lol. Anything to bolster my parse XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-20 01:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Right right, the only way to know for sure is to test your/groups limits.

As long as other RNGs have decoy up, you're moderately safe. Really good pld helps. Sch -enmity spell helps, if you're afforded such luxuries.

The biggest problem I see personally, with the Tenzen bow, is what do you do when you don't want to Jishnu's... nothing... The other bow ws's all generate enmity and aren't spectacular.

But you have anni, so it's just a matter of changing weapons. (and scavenging, because when you change bullets, you lose them).
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 130 131 132