Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 130 131 132
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-10-08 04:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is "Khepri Gamashes" augmented with +2~+3% Snapshot better or equal to the Legion feet?
By Pantafernando 2014-10-08 05:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Is "Khepri Gamashes" augmented with +2~+3% Snapshot better or equal to the Legion feet?

Prob iuitl can reach same value, and unless you already have the khepri, for sure augmenting will be cheaper.

About wurrukatte, i didnt see a conclusive number for its snapshot.

Btw, what method people use to test snapshot? Im thinking in doing some tests after i get done with trials.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-08 06:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Recording the action, playing back frame by frame, counting the frames for the base action and establishing a % reduction based on the frame reduction when adding pieces.

600 frames for a base shot, and 594 frames for a 1% reduction etc.

Unless someone has come up with a better method since that one.
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2014-10-08 06:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i had used packets to record(in milliseconds) from the r.atk start packet to the r.atk finish packet
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-13 00:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Decoy Shot... does it work to put hate on player in same Alliance, different party?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-13 01:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Decoy Shot... does it work to put hate on player in same Alliance, different party?
Yes. It transfers hate to the person in the alliance between you and the mob, the player closest to the mob.
[+]
By benjamus 2014-10-14 21:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ponente sash vs impulse belt? you guys are the best!
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
Server: Bahamut
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-15 09:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

benjamus said: »
ponente sash vs impulse belt? you guys are the best!

Impulse is a Snapshot set stable for the slot. Can use Ponente Sash for the Rapid shot but I think snapshot is more consistent.

For belt I use Goading Belt to reach my 4-hit for Relic Gun.
By fractalvoid 2014-10-15 09:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ponente could be viable for TP if you don't need the sTP from goading/patentia/sweordfaetals(+1) and you don't have Elanid.

As it was stated, rapid shot is somewhat random. Snapshot is a consistent reduction
By benjamus 2014-10-15 18:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the replies! ponente did seem less reliable in preshot, just confirming my bias with the experts!
 Bahamut.Baozzer
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2014-10-16 19:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Snapshot 3% and RS 3% is virtually the same thing after 100 shots on avg. I'd stick w/ Impulse.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2014-10-16 19:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, someone really needs to verify Iuitl gear snapshot. Snapshot the person tested it out by seeing how fast he could kill reives.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-18 21:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was doing some boredom snapshot testing, trying to get an (approximate) % on pieces...

I ended up with some solid, but odd results using the 999 delay relic bow. I had to leave mid testing:

So I left, for a couple hours, had ***to do. While I was gone my *** laptop decided RIGHT NOW would be a good time to FORCE an upgrade to windows 8.1 by the way that means erasing everything you were working on, with no warning. *** fantastic.

So I started up again using the anni this time, and, well... the numbers are completely and utterly random. So I give up. I'm CERTAIN someone has tested the pieces, they just haven't posted it. Find him. And force him to post them.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-10-19 03:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Been looking through the last few pages and I haven't seen a Jishnu's set or an agreed upon Last Stand set. I'm pretty new to RNG, so I'm still working on reforging. Anybody have some ideal sets to work towards? Yoichi and possibly Annihilator are a long ways off, so I'm just using Cibitshavore and Pulfanxa for now.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2014-10-19 13:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
So I was doing some boredom snapshot testing, trying to get an (approximate) % on pieces...

I ended up with some solid, but odd results using the 999 delay relic bow. I had to leave mid testing:

So I left, for a couple hours, had ***to do. While I was gone my *** laptop decided RIGHT NOW would be a good time to FORCE an upgrade to windows 8.1 by the way that means erasing everything you were working on, with no warning. *** fantastic.

So I started up again using the anni this time, and, well... the numbers are completely and utterly random. So I give up. I'm CERTAIN someone has tested the pieces, they just haven't posted it. Find him. And force him to post them.
Keep going we need to know! IDK if im gimping myself for using SS 2 iuitl feet.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-19 14:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

How were you doing your testing? Were you using the code that Byrth wrote?
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2014-10-19 17:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

He wrote codes to do this easier? Damn I wish I knew that. I went ahead and downloaded fraps, recorded shots for no additional snapshot gear, Wurruk Boots, and my Iuitl Gaiters w/ 2 snapshot augment to see which were better.

First number is how many frames I counted from the moment my weapon disappeared to the moment I stopped moving. Second number is the frame I began to motion again.

No Feet: 27-121
Wurrukatte Boots: 27-119
Iuitil Gaiters (2 snapshot): 27-118

This may be a fluke but I counted the frames 3 times each and got the same numbers. The "Aiming" time for the gun were all the same, 27th frame.

So my testings suggest that Iuitl Gaiters w/ Snapshot 2 beats wukkuratte boots which are believe to be 3% snapshot. My total amount of frames are pretty low so its hard to suggest a precise snapshot % on each piece.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-19 18:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, his reads the actual packets vs scanning frames.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/116145-Ranged-Delay-Snapshot-and-Stuff

there is the thread on BG about ranged delay and snapshot testing. he posted his code on the first page.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2014-10-19 18:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah I seen that. I think he said he didn't trust his results though
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-19 18:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried counting frames, and the code byrth made. But, here's what I "think" the problem is. it seems to be based on in game tics or in game clock. Or something truly random. So any real world method will be inaccurate.

I had some results that would show pieces with snapshot had zero snapshot value. The only way I can figure that would happen is aiming at the very start of a tic, and having that extra time skew the result, vs aiming at the end of a tic etc.

I honestly don't know though.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-20 19:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unsure if it's been asked but does Daken give Ranged Accuracy when /NIN? It was said it gave like ~100 ranged accuracy to NINs by the time they get the last tier but I don't think it was specified if the r.acc was only applied for when shuriken were equipped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-20 19:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Unsure if it's been asked but does Daken give Ranged Accuracy when /NIN? It was said it gave like ~100 ranged accuracy to NINs by the time they get the last tier but I don't think it was specified if the r.acc was only applied for when shuriken were equipped.

Rng/War /checkparam 835
Rng/Nin /checkparam 836 (agi+)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-20 19:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »

Daken only gives the ranged accuracy bonus when it procs, which is when a NIN has a shuriken equipped. If a NIN uses /RA, then that bonus does not help.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-20 20:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lame :/
By fractalvoid 2014-10-21 01:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baozzer said: »
So my testings suggest that Iuitl Gaiters w/ Snapshot 2 beats wukkuratte boots which are believe to be 3% snapshot. My total amount of frames are pretty low so its hard to suggest a precise snapshot % on each piece.

This should be true if the Snapshot+2 really = Snapshot+4% (ie: +1snapshot=2%)

Hoping so as I just got snapshot+2 on my feet.
Would be cool if there was a simpler way to test though @_@
 Bahamut.Snapshot
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-10-22 10:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baozzer said: »
Snapshot the person tested it out by seeing how fast he could kill reives.

I used reives to test on but not determined by how fast I killed them. First, I de-merited rapid shot to make it a little easier. For the feet, I simply did 12 sample groups of 50 with Wurru and Iuitl each. This takes awhile since, if rapid shot procs, I re started that set for result accuracy of snapshot. This won't tell you the % of item but its a good way to determine how much faster one set of gear is over another.

Iuitl with snapshot +3 came out 2.9%(and some change) faster than Wurru. With 600 samples compiled for each piece, it was enough for me to be confident with keeping iuitl.

Although there are probably easier ways to determine exact %, you could do the same method above by taking off feet and compare vs an augmented iuitl or wurru.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-22 10:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you get +2 (or +3) with a +1 stone?
 Bahamut.Snapshot
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-10-22 12:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you can get +2 but havent heard anyone getting +3 with a +1 stone.
By fractalvoid 2014-10-22 12:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm +2snapshot with a +1 stone
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-22 13:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And on NQ or +1 Iuitl feet? I guess I had bad luck but used 6 stacks~ of +1 for my +1 hands and I got 1 snapshot aug, and it was +1.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 130 131 132