First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 41 42 43
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-26 06:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else seen something that could be unambiguously classified as a death resist?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-26 06:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i've casted it nuemrous times without issue, i think (both mb and non mb), i do believe i did 1k on a monster before but i might have either a) not had full mp or b) the monster i naturally strong against dark
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-26 06:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, things like Quetz (and basically anything else that's undead) have very strong dark damage reduction.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-26 06:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

if i had to say, it was an unbursted death on golden kist while weakened but i may be remembering incorrectly. i know i've definitely done as high as 50k numerous times on some of the reisenjima t2s even unbursted though
By geigei 2015-11-26 07:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Target Apex Craklaw lv129, first upon zoning to Dho.

1st cast: 29202
2nd cast: 14598

Apex Jagil lvl128/129/130 all got same dmg

1st cast: 25958
2nd cast: 25958
7th cast: 12976

Did with gear locked, 1663mp, zoned after every cast.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2015-11-27 08:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming back not too long ago, and now finally at an ok place to start JP'n, I was curious what all the stat bonuses amounted to. Since I didn't see it anywhere else, here it be:

MagicDefense: 14
MagicAttack: 50
MagicEvasion: 41
MagicAccuracy: 42
ElementalMagicSkill: 36
DarkMagicSkill: 36
MagicBurstDamage%: 23
MagicDamage: 23
ElementalCelerity%: 8
CapacityPoint%: 320

Looking through the list one by one makes it seem like the numbers would be a lot bigger in total, but it turns out it doesn't amount to what I was thinking. Still a nice boost all around though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-27 08:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Target Apex Craklaw lv129, first upon zoning to Dho.

1st cast: 29202
2nd cast: 14598

Apex Jagil lvl128/129/130 all got same dmg

1st cast: 25958
2nd cast: 25958
7th cast: 12976

Did with gear locked, 1663mp, zoned after every cast.

Hmm... that certainly looks like a resist. I've just never seen one in my casts (giving zero value to MAcc when I gear). Perhaps Death just has a substantial MAcc bonus.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2015-11-27 16:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. I've been trying to test whether or not the 99 MB and weather gear is better than 119 gear.

My MAcc is a little shaky atm (CP Apex Crabs - what MAcc should I be at?) to get true comparisons..

But,

Sorcerer Gloves (MB Bonus)
Static Earring (MB Bonus)
Mujin Band (MB Bonus)
Sorcerer Tonban (Weather Bonus)
Weather Obis (Weather Bonus)
Zodiac Ring (Weather Bonus)
Twilight Cape (Weather Bonus)

Are these items better than any of the newer normal BiS items for non bonus situations?

My initial though is that the Gloves and Tonban are not as good as random 119 (Sparks/Helios atm) gear, is this the case?

I am wanting to upgrade AF and AF2 to their 119 counterparts.. but why did SE to chose to leave the bonuses off these new items? I could re-obtain the older equip if the bonuses are better than other high INT/MAB/MA gear.

Re-looking, it looks like the 119 gloves do have a MB bonus trait, but the legs are missing the weather bonus.

Same deal with AF1 feet -20% spell interruption.. really salty the 119 gear doesn't factor that in.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-11-27 19:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
So.. I've been trying to test whether or not the 99 MB and weather gear is better than 119 gear.

My MAcc is a little shaky atm (CP Apex Crabs - what MAcc should I be at?) to get true comparisons..

But,

Sorcerer Gloves (MB Bonus)
Static Earring (MB Bonus)
Mujin Band (MB Bonus)
Sorcerer Tonban (Weather Bonus)
Weather Obis (Weather Bonus)
Zodiac Ring (Weather Bonus)
Twilight Cape (Weather Bonus)

Are these items better than any of the newer normal BiS items for non bonus situations?

My initial though is that the Gloves and Tonban are not as good as random 119 (Sparks/Helios atm) gear, is this the case?

I am wanting to upgrade AF and AF2 to their 119 counterparts.. but why did SE to chose to leave the bonuses off these new items? I could re-obtain the older equip if the bonuses are better than other high INT/MAB/MA gear.

Re-looking, it looks like the 119 gloves do have a MB bonus trait, but the legs are missing the weather bonus.

Same deal with AF1 feet -20% spell interruption.. really salty the 119 gear doesn't factor that in.

A few comments:

1. Weather/Day obis- get all, and either be able to synergize yourself or have a friend with high/capped synergy make the single obi for you (Hachirin-no-obi). Still will be your BiS option, plus inventory saver, plus the little teaser of "MP not depleted 1%".

2. Twilight Cape- again, yes a keeper.

3. Mujin Band- since this breaks the cap of "Magic Burst Bonus" (hereafter referred as MBB) it is definitely a must for your Magic Burst builds. For your regular nukes, it has no place.

4. Sorcerer's Gloves are replaced by Amalric Gages which also have "MBB"+5 that go over the cap of 40%, making the Sorcerer's gloves obsolete for nuking. Archmage's Gloves/+1 are great for dark magic, though. They (reforged archmage's) still have the "damage added to magic burst" stat still on them, but again, since the Amalric Gages go over the hard cap, they are more valuable.

5. Sorcerer's Tonban- there are so many GREAT leg options out there these days that are obtainable thru multiple events (Hagondes+1,Amalric,Lengo Pants,Merlinic) that will give you INT vomit, macc and MAB that the Tonban really are outdated.

6. Zodiac Ring and Static Earring- must admit these intrigue me, but I'd be hard pressed to give up my Friomisi Earring/Barakole Earring combo (18 MAB/8 macc/3 INT/elem casting time -3%) for the static earring.

That's my take on the gear you mentioned.

tl/dr- synergy all 8 obis into one to save inventory and keep using, keep your twilight cape and mujin band. Other than that, in terms of nuking gear the pieces you mention have been outclassed.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2015-11-28 08:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice, didn't know you could synergy the 8 obis in to one. I did the HQ staff 8>1 a few months before I quit (i'm using a capped Lathi for nuking though). Thatll be handy.

Kinda sad the tonban doesnt hold up, but oh well~

Good to know about the others. Zodiac might be good for me at the moment. I am still using Sorc Ring and Tamas Ring. Is Sorc ring still a thing? Hopefully Shiva+1 will come down in price D; Any other good alternatives?

For my earrings I was using Novio/Hecate's, but just bought Friomisi to rep Novio, and just started the quest for Barkarole to rep Hec.

In other regards.. I am still using Bugard+1 Strap, Witchstone Ammo, Sorc Belt, and Toro Cape (I just got JSE Cape, so i'll try to aug that). I have a Mizukage-no-Kubikazari neck that rep'd Goetia and Uggy neck.

Are there any somewhat easy upgrades for those slots to get me going?

Thanks for your help.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-28 08:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal Shiva rings work just fine for normal nukes in place of sorc. ring

For magic bursts locus/mujin are best. Can drop locus when the rest of your gear gets 40% bonus

Grip/Strap is a pretty easy upgrade. Either go with pure magic damage like +10 one off AH or the elder +1 they're dropping fast in price but still very good.

Ammo you can pick up the unity tathlum pretty easy with a shout group, not a hard fight. Belt would be obi mainly but a few nice m.atk + int combo belts out there that aren't too hard to get.

Cape would be Seshaw for magic bursts, bane or toro for everything else depending on how much gear you want to carry. Capacity Bonus for CP parties.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2015-11-28 09:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Much appreciated.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-11-28 10:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're working with a Lathi, Toro Cape, and close to Friomisi/Barakole earring combo you're well on your way to some great essentials.

I know, it was a sad, sad day when I traded in my Tamas. God that ring meant a lot to me... ;; But we must move forward!

ammo- 3 basic choices- Ghastly Tathlum/+1 (unity ammo mentioned), Ombre Tathlum, and the new Pemphredo Tathlum (T2 Reisenjima drop, you'll need a quality group to get this).

Grip- I run with Elder's Grip+1 (MAB/Macc+4, emnity-2, MP+35), but the new Niobid Strap from T1 Reisenjima (MP+20, acc+5, macc/MAB+5) is attainable and a great option.

I carry way too many capes lol- tempered,swith+1,umbra,2 bane capes(one with elemental skill +10/MAB+5 for my high resist set, one with fastcast+3/dark magic skill+10),toro,seshaw+1(I'm a clothcrafter, don't feel this is necessary), and CP cape. But if I could get lucky on ONE bane cape, I'd sure be happy.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2015-11-28 12:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of which.. Obviously Lathi blows Magian and Chatoyant out of the water for nuking, but I'm not seeing any other real need for Chatoyant anymore aside from resting? That and when blm/smn comes back in to style.

In the same regard.. I need to look this up again, but for drains/aspirs/sleeps/etc, the relationship between macc and the relevant skill (dark, enfeeb, etc), is that 1:1, was it 2 or 3. In any case, a lot of this new gear has a lot of high macc, making it seem like gear swapping is kind of meh. Most of the blm ive been CPing with don't seem to swap anything ever.

Also, the bane cap, is that re-augmentable? You dont have to go get a new cape when you get crap roles?
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-28 13:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

With a proper cure set and chatoyant, twilight cape, obi a blm/sch with storm can do some pretty respectful c3s lol but aside from that gimmic chatoyant really isn't relevant anymore.

And yes you can reroll the augments by using a refractive crystal at one of the NPC in inventor's coalistion

blm generally staff lock to keep TP for myrkr to keep their MP up
 Ragnarok.Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2015-11-28 13:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I just realized that Myrkr can be quested.. gotta do that soon. But aside from staff, none of their other equip changes either. Unless /c doesnt close any more when equip is changed. Not everyone, but it seems like all the well geared / near capped CP BLM dont swap.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-28 13:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/c will lock their gear for viewing now which was a nice feature. I can assure you they are most likely swapping gear.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2015-11-28 14:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Was testing Friomisi vs Static against A.Crabs.
Static gives better results.
(at least for me, at this moment, with the equip I have)
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2015-11-28 20:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
This might be a bigger gamble than the merlinics, actually.

Well, either the panoplia drop rates have seen some silent adjustment, or we just got incredibly lucky.

Had not just 1, but THREE anhur robes drop yesterday during our short-ish VW run (2 for me and 1 for a friend's mule). Still have a hard time believing it.
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2015-12-01 18:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a question about m.acc. Is there some sort of guideline for how much +m.acc I should have in my nuking/MB sets (assuming Lathi as the weapon)?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-01 22:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There rly isn't much choice for big MACC options in the recent sets unless your rolled some really awkward augments on Merlinic. Mostly don't be silly and do stuff like Amalric Legs D) over A).

Lathi A) however is most welcome for +MP for Death.

You have anything specific in mind?
By snakeplisken 2015-12-01 23:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I auged my merlinic legs other day and got a AGI+9, MACC +40, MAB+38, and Burst +4% so I'd say get merlinic and aug them if you want amazing MACC+ and MAB+. This applies more for head, legs, and feet. Hands not that great and body not too sure of yet.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-02 01:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
Was testing Friomisi vs Static against A.Crabs.
Static gives better results.
(at least for me, at this moment, with the equip I have)
yeah static will beat friomisi during mb but the goal would be to cap it with some really good merlinic augments and free up some slots for Mab. Things like Tenzens necklace [mizukage-no-kubikazari with 4int/mnd, 8mab, 10mburst dmg] help alot to reach the mab cap of 40% gear(not including mujin band and amalric hands which break the cap by not counting the same as other mag burst gear).Once you free up slots you can change things like seshaw cape into twilight cape for weather bonus then other accessories. Even if you need to get a couple sets of merlinic and have one for specifically high macc/mab and one for mab+mburst that would give a bigger bonus if you arent lucky enough to get it all in one. For example say your main nuke pants are 35/35 macc/mab augment but you could only get 25/25 mab/macc 7-11mburst on legs, those legs would add more dmg during mburst. This augment system is as random as any other, if not more-so than skirmish where you could at least keep a solid part and work on a weaker augment. I'm a few thousand stones into now and was able to get 30/35+ on all pieces at least but only one with mburst ontop of it so far, but goodluck trying to get high int/mab/macc/mburst all in one.
By geigei 2015-12-02 02:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Resisted death go as low as 7k on second cast on WoC, i got 30ish to 50k on first cast, most of them will 99k even with bracelets sometime.
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2015-12-02 19:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
You have anything specific in mind?

Well, here's my elemental nuking set:

ItemSet 339901

Merlinic head is augmented with INT +12 and MAB +27, pants are MAB+30 and MACC +30, feet are INT +10 and MAB +29. Amalric body is A path, hands are D path, Lathi is C path. Still working on replacing Novio with Barkarole and upgrading rings. Am I missing any essential stats? I plan on rolling for decent +MAB +MACC, +MB augs on all merlinic pieces, but as it is am I going to have trouble with current content (ru'aun/reisen T2/T3s)?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-02 21:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

- Gifts are also a factor MACC wise. No clue how far in your are there yet.

- I guess your Sanctiti Necklace hunt also didn't go well so far either with the Reisen Dragon.

- NQ Shivas should easily outdo NQ Fenrirs

- Try for the new ammo from Elasmoth Reisen T2. The NM itself is super easy to nuke just getting the pops is annoying

> So from your current merlinic pieces i'd say aim to get a minimum of 20 macc on them with 30 mab. Anything above is most welcome of course. A Combo of good mab macc and +MB is rare and you should feel lucky.

Also depending on who you do Reisen T2/3 with see if you are getting the propper buffs. 1 GEO per nuke PT is pushing it on T3s. Rather have 2.
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2015-12-02 23:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
- Gifts are also a factor MACC wise. No clue how far in your are there yet.

I haven't really field-tested my BLM yet, so I have 0 JP at the moment. Been mostly using my GEO, COR and SMN to collect gear until now. But getting at least T6 nukes is 1st priority.

Going to get shivas for rings and reroll my augs some more. Thanks for the advice!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-03 08:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my burst set, @ 2100 JP

ItemSet 339909
Burst
10 neck
6 back
5 ring
11 head
9 legs
41% total

Legs +4 INT, +34 M.Acc, +24 MAB
Head +1 CHR, +20 M.Acc, +35 MAB
Body/Feet PATH A
Hands PATH D
Lathi have 2 one for low/mid accuracy
Picking up +30MAB from Set bonus for using 3 pieces

Working on getting a better head with M.Acc but not much luck, thoughts/suggestions?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-03 08:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an amazing set. If you go the perfectionist route might need to cut out body or feet at some point depending on augment luck on Merlinic.

For death MBs however the +MP of Amalric should reign surpreme if you have precast and idle sets tailored to it.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-12-03 16:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a better head

and another FC

and non-burst
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 41 42 43