Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-11-18 12:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone got a Death set? not sure what to stack
By Mesic 2015-11-18 16:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Maybe start at eminent and work on getting a Keraunos from Alluvion Skirmish then augment it. That was the previous best, I think the current best is still Lathi from Escha but Keraunos will get you in a situation where you can BLM endgame stuff.

Are these staff's significantly better? I notice one poster on the eminent item says it's slightly better than Atinian and then on the Atinian page it says magian still better on higher tier nukes. Leading me to think I could maybe skip and go straight for the skirmish staff? I used to know how to calculate these things up until affinity and definitely by magic dmg +
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-11-18 17:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can skip, then by all means, do so.

If you're starting from squat and just need a staff to nuke with, eminent or Atinian will do. You'll be super gimp, but you can actually function.

Keraunos is still respectable and Lathi at least among the top tier of staves to use. If you got a ton of gil, just pay some group to get you a Lathi, augment it, and be done with it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-18 17:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no BLM, but I'd say probably the fastest staff to get would be Marin Staff, if you can just shout to get a few people. Wouldn't even need to pay them, but you would need some accolades to get the coffers. Incidentally, there's gonna be double Unity drops starting in a couple days.
By geigei 2015-11-19 01:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Might aswell just farm some dyna with a gimp thf and buy lathi and skip the rest.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-11-19 02:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

Yes Prz.
By geigei 2015-11-19 03:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

Yes Prz.
I 99k with same burst set i use for other spells.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-11-19 05:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're using gearswap, you want a precast set that has at least as many max mp as your idle and death midcast set.

Mp is very important for death.

Based on the formula, mab comes next, then elemental skill.

Personal preference : you want enough occult accumen to get at least 1000TP from it, so you can myrkr

So yes, the previous set posted by geigei is perfect for death :

ItemSet 338671

Occult accumen +10 on helios head and feet is enough to get 1000TP.
This set gives around 1600Mp to a taru-taru.

So you want your idle and precast set to give no less than that.

Obviously there's better set for maximum damage. But maximum damage isn't everything.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2015-11-19 16:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Helios Head and Boots have been replaced by Merlinic. There's also Archon Ring and Pixie Hairpin +1, which might be BiS. I haven't done the math yet although Amalric HQ feet may be a contender for the foot slot. With new JP and gifts, the marginal gain from MBB is lower and the amount of MP HQ amalric adds is huge. This assumes you are idling in something that won't gimp your MP (same logic as FC set.)
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2015-11-26 01:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently gearing BLM and going roughly for the sets that were in Ruaumoko's post (except replacing most of helios/amalric with merlinic, since I'm 4/5 on that).

My question is - is a BLM expected to have a dedicated fast cast set? If so, can anyone provide a currently relevant example so I can see where to direct my efforts?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-26 01:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

head - nahtirah hat
neck - voltsure/orunmilia
ear - enchanter +1/loquacious?
body - anhur?
hands - telchine/helios/hagondes with 5fc
ring - weatherspoon/lebeche
back - ogapepo +1
waist - witful
leg - psycloth
feet - regal +1/amalric/merlinic

can use merlinic head/feet if you get multiples and get 6 fc on them each.

this is also assuming you're using gearswap, otherwise swap in prolix/swith +1 over lebeche and ogapepo
By geigei 2015-11-26 02:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pixie hairpin is huge loss of macc, at least on stuff i burst on. If macc not a problem then death will 99k anyway probably.
FC6 augm on feet/head is beautiful, we've been capped allready on elemental magic but still a good thing for other spells.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-11-26 02:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
head - nahtirah hat
neck - voltsure/orunmilia
ear - enchanter +1/loquacious?
body - anhur?
hands - telchine/helios/hagondes with 5fc
ring - weatherspoon/lebeche
back - ogapepo +1
waist - witful
leg - psycloth
feet - regal +1/amalric/merlinic

can use merlinic head/feet if you get multiples and get 6 fc on them each.

this is also assuming you're using gearswap, otherwise swap in prolix/swith +1 over lebeche and ogapepo

Bane cape can aslo be augmented with fast cast+5
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-26 02:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Max augment of FastCast on Merlinic can even go up to +7 but good luck getting that. So body max is +13. However if you got body then you already kind of beat the game I suppose.

Same for back piece "Perimede Cape" which also comes fram Maju. Perimede Cape+Witful+Weatherspoon will cap out your Instantcast at 10%. Or Perimede+Witful+Lebeche+Impatiens.

So we are at a point where you are able to replace WeatherSpoon ring for your FC/Instacast set if you wish to do so and still cap both out.

ItemSet 339641

With perfect Augments this could be 68% FastCast. Adjust values for own luck and the actual reality.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-11-26 03:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Pixie hairpin is huge loss of macc, at least on stuff i burst on. If macc not a problem then death will 99k anyway probably.
FC6 augm on feet/head is beautiful, we've been capped allready on elemental magic but still a good thing for other spells.

Didn't people confirm that MBs give tons of MAcc? So why would that be an issue there? I think you're just saying so because you don't have a pixie hairpin :P (The 27INT on the hairpin gives about 27 macc on high level targets btw.)

It is still the best piece for dark element related spells as, drain, aspir, comet and death.
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2015-11-26 03:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Max augment of FastCast on Merlinic can even go up to +7 but good luck getting that.
Not sure how I feel about gambling for my stats again, but if these are BIS for FC, farming a few more pieces shouldn't be a problem (outside of body).

Speaking of which, did anyone manage to get the new staff already? Are the augment ranges as crazy as on the armor?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-26 03:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you use lebeche/prolix? perimede/witful/weatherspoon is 10 QC and 73% FC.
By geigei 2015-11-26 03:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »

Didn't people confirm that MBs give tons of MAcc? So why would that be an issue there? I think you're just saying so because you don't have a pixie hairpin :P (The 27INT on the hairpin gives about 27 macc on high level targets btw.)

It is still the best piece for dark element related spells as, drain, aspir, comet and death.

It is an issue cause i'm not bursting in Ronfaure, and how is 27 relevant vs merlinic with 10+ more int and 50ish more macc? Even with bis (not perfect augm) and bolster idris i still get random resists.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-26 03:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Not sure how I feel about gambling for my stats again, but if these are BIS for FC, farming a few more pieces shouldn't be a problem (outside of body).

Definetly get a 2nd hood and feet for FC. They improve the set by a lot and 5-6 FC is definetly achievable.

ItemSet 339642

This is 70% FastCast with +5 Augment on everything. Can shift things around as you please to add more InstaCast as your Augments improve or safe inv space or use an 8% FC ilevel body for defensive reasons etc.

Quote:
Speaking of which, did anyone manage to get the new staff already? Are the augment ranges as crazy as on the armor?

The new staff is not as crazy as the body armor:

INT up to +20
MAB/MACC only up to +30/30
MBBonus up to +10% (possibly 11 or 12)
MagicDamage of unquantified amount
Occult Acumen (seen +10)
FastCast (seen +6)
Enhancing Magic Duration (seen +6)

So in most cases Lathi will still be your go to staff for raw damage. Can build up the new one for MACC purposes.
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2015-11-26 03:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anhur robe
This might be a bigger gamble than the merlinics, actually.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-26 03:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Anhur robe
This might be a bigger gamble than the merlinics, actually.

Ha, can use Shango Robe or Helios with 3+5% Augment for 8% FC. However you could make use of the ongoing VW campaign till the 30th and spam down some Celaenos.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-26 04:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

just farm a million merits for anhur robe, easy!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-11-26 05:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »

It is an issue cause i'm not bursting in Ronfaure, and how is 27 relevant vs merlinic with 10+ more int and 50ish more macc? Even with bis (not perfect augm) and bolster idris i still get random resists.

What are you even assuming this on? All nukes? I hope you know fighting high level mobs, you'll always have resists, unless you're buffed up the ***. I use merlinic for all other spells aside from dark affinity ones. Last I recall death can't resist, only to darkness type mobs.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-26 05:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So we are at a point where you are able to replace WeatherSpoon ring for your FC/Instacast set if you wish to do so and still cap both out.

Quote:
Why would you use lebeche/prolix? perimede/witful/weatherspoon is 10 QC and 73% FC

Like I said, it's a no-Weatherspoon set aimed to cap FC and InstantCast with /RDM. Something tells me you just looked at the funny picture without reading the text !
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-26 05:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

you would be right, i need to be not doing things at 3am

that set shouldn't exist anyway because *** any ring that isn't weatherspoon
By geigei 2015-11-26 05:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Death can be resisted like any other spell lol... on Maju for example bursted death range between 20k ish to 70k with bolster, most of them are 50k.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-26 05:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Death can be resisted like any other spell lol... on Maju for example bursted death range between 20k ish to 70k with bolster, most of them are 50k.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it can't. You're mistaking the magic damage penalty and inconsistent buffs/debuffs for resists.
[+]
By geigei 2015-11-26 05:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Actually, I'm pretty sure it can't. You're mistaking the magic damage penalty and inconsistent buffs/debuffs for resists.

What penalty that is? since i started bursting death i saw lots of numbers with same buffs/debuffs, actually never hit same dmg with same buffs/fullmp except when 99k.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-26 05:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone nukes a notorious monster, any magic damage within 5 seconds will be reduced by 60% (30% with Rayke). There might be some limitations to it beyond that, but the bottom line is that you can get weirdly low numbers against NMs without it actually having anything to do with magic accuracy.

Also, it implies that people shouldn't cast low tier magic and bad nukers shouldn't nuke in a group setting.
[+]
By geigei 2015-11-26 06:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea, i only posted first death numbers, the second one landing did max 27k.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 41 42 43