A Moogle Kupo D'Etat: Headpiece!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » A Moogle Kupo d'Etat: Headpiece!
A Moogle Kupo d'Etat: Headpiece!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-29 10:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt I'd get it for pld even if I did have it lvld. Maybe make a walmart turban with haste? Otherwise plds can easily get better for what they do.
 Fairy.Laia
Server: Fairy
user: Laia
By Fairy.Laia 2009-06-29 10:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

thanx for the details Hitetsu. :)
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-06-29 10:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not Much Use for Paladin. Better options, but if you really wanted to...
Shadows Down Piece /nin:
Shield Skill & Either Fast Cast+3 or Haste +3

Full Time /War:
Shield Skill & Enm+4/MDmg-2%
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-06-29 11:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The Selenian Cap reminds me of the Magus' hat from FF3. :3
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-29 11:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Amael said:
Cymmina said:
Cohan said:
why do all the items look like something outta kingdom or hearts!?!?

The mage hat is recycled artwork from FF3 (DS) for the Magus job.

User submitted image

Which in turn is a remake of the original FF3 warlock class:

User submitted image

And also this sprite is used for the famous web comic 8-bit Theater.

Ill most likely get the Hat with WHM in mind.

This one? :P
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-06-29 11:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be the one. xD
 Garuda.Glaciont
Server: Garuda
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2009-06-29 11:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This spartan hat would be a good WS piece for my DRG and Drakesbane

+4STR +15 WS acc
and maybe +10 acc +5att or +4 DEX Increase crit hit DMG
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-29 11:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Champions Galea
HP+15
"Counter"+3
Haste+3% Snapshot+3%
DEX+2 Haste+2%

This looks like my new DRK tp-head, because I'll never get Ace's and turban and askar looks ugly as ***, and this new one looks BADASS haha
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-29 11:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kvazz said:
Champions Galea
HP+15
"Counter"+3
Haste+3% Snapshot+3%
DEX+2 Haste+2%

This looks like my new DRK tp-head, because I'll never get Ace's and turban and askar looks ugly as ***, and this new one looks BADASS haha

You really have nothing else better to use it on, do you? lol
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-29 11:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Kvazz said:
Champions Galea
HP+15
"Counter"+3
Haste+3% Snapshot+3%
DEX+2 Haste+2%

You really have nothing else better to use it on, do you? lol

WS head with a shitload of acc, ws head for cor, or a cure-head for rdm.. meh:P
 Asura.Wyl
Server: Asura
user: Wyl
By Asura.Wyl 2009-06-29 11:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think I'ma bother getting this one if SE is charging 10 bucks again.
 Bahamut.Mekaree
Server: Bahamut
user: Mekaree
By Bahamut.Mekaree 2009-06-29 11:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Celestinia said:

So many choices... But why they have to be so ugly? Definitly don't want to full time these heads XD

I totally agree. The Anwig salade looks like something you would wear in the dunes...
 Fairy.Miaa
user: nomad2637
By Fairy.Miaa 2009-06-29 11:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.modojo.com/media/features/118/knight.jpg

FF3 Knight is the basis of the Heavy Armor one as well haha.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-29 11:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyl said:

Yeah, I'll get it eventually, but as I'm not even completed on ACP yet there is like no need. Besides, $10 for like 3 hours worth of content (if that) seems like a bit of a rip. Yeah yeah, I know you're "buying the headpiece" but w/e...

I guess I was just kinda disappointed by ACP, especially getting those *** items to drop to pop the gobs...at the time I couldn't believe I paid money for that ***.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-29 11:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'll get it at release or soon after... But, I have yet to do any of the ACP missions, so there's no telling when the missions will actually get completed.... I really should get on doing ACP... >.>
 Leviathan.Alyssiah
Server: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Alyssiah 2009-06-29 11:48:39
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle said:
WHM one.
Cure pot +3% MND+4
Fastcast +2% Mnd+2
YES PLEASE!

Mmmhmm. /creams <3
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-06-29 11:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Wyl said:

I guess I was just kinda disappointed by ACP, especially getting those *** items to drop to pop the gobs...at the time I couldn't believe I paid money for that ***.

What, you mean camping a zone for 3 hours fighting every player thats online for mob spawns just to go 1/15 on drop?

Then have a bunch of weak fights finished by climbing delkfut at 30 cap and fighting a crystal that ppl struggle to find the right job combo for?

I guess the body at the end of it was sorta worth it (depending on what job you have >.>) lol

Maybe SE has learned their lesson and won't do more of the same... then again watch as they make it so we have to compete yet again with the server for countless hours for something that would actualy take 10mins...
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-29 11:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyssiah said:
Kindle said:
WHM one.
Cure pot +3% MND+4
Fastcast +2% Mnd+2
YES PLEASE!

Mmmhmm. /creams <3

Hmmm if that's all it takes...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-29 12:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Celestinia said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Wyl said:

What, you mean camping a zone for 3 hours fighting every player thats online for mob spawns just to go 1/15 on drop?

Then have a bunch of weak fights finished by climbing delkfut at 30 cap and fighting a crystal that ppl struggle to find the right job combo for?

I guess the body at the end of it was sorta worth it (depending on what job you have >.>) lol

Maybe SE has learned their lesson and won't do more of the same... then again watch as they make it so we have to compete yet again with the server for countless hours for something that would actualy take 10mins...

Yeah, I'd like to get the ACP body, but from a few different people telling me that DNC is completely and utterly useless in the fights (my only 75) I guess I gotta wait until I get my SCH to 75 anyways...

It really pisses me off how SE creates battles that make certain jobs useless...for those unlucky enough to have only that job available, it's like a big "*** You, level something else LOL" from them >.<
 Leviathan.Alyssiah
user:
By Leviathan.Alyssiah 2009-06-29 12:07:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Alyssiah said:
Kindle said:
WHM one.
Cure pot +3% MND+4
Fastcast +2% Mnd+2
YES PLEASE!

Mmmhmm. /creams <3

Hmmm if that's all it takes...

Something that hot for my WHM. Oh yeah baby. ;o
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-06-29 12:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

It really pisses me off how SE creates battles that make certain jobs useless...for those unlucky enough to have only that job available, it's like a big "*** You, level something else LOL" from them >.<

Not gonna go into this but this is how life works bud. You don't hire a ditch digger to build rockets for NASA, you get an engineer. Harsh example but you get the idea.
 Fairy.Laia
user: Laia
By Fairy.Laia 2009-06-29 12:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

well regardless of all the comments, at least the mage hat looks pretty nifty.
recycled, remake or w/e... its a nice design! the other two...
WE ARE MOTHAF... FFXI SPARTANS!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-29 12:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Not gonna go into this but this is how life works bud. You don't hire a ditch digger to build rockets for NASA, you get an engineer. Harsh example but you get the idea.

Trust me, I know how life is...but I pay for this game to NOT get the finger. People IRL don't generally pay for the opportunity to get ***on...

If I'd have known how DNC is generally a waste in almost all things endgame (or considered to be that by most, if not actually), I woulda leveled something else. But unfortunately, I found all that out too late...
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-06-29 12:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Etrayis said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Trust me, I know how life is...but I pay for this game to NOT get the finger. People IRL don't generally pay for the opportunity to get ***on...

If I'd have known how DNC is generally a waste in almost all things endgame (or considered to be that by most, if not actually), I woulda leveled something else. But unfortunately, I found all that out too late...

Yea I felt the same way having thief as my first 75 only to realize it's EG purpose is drop pulling and hitting a mob once for TH. Thief is still by far my main but I leveled other jobs with more usefulness to *** out on.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-29 12:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Blue Mage
STR+4 Weapon Skill Accuracy +15 / STR+2 Haste +2%
"Magic Atk. Bonus" +2 HPWH +3 / STR+2 Haste +2%

No. MAB does not affect physical spells, these two options should not be put on the hat together.

Blazza said:
I have a problem. I never got around to getting Voyager Sallet, so when I got blu relic hat I just started using that for physical spells. I've heard a bunch of different things concerning blue magic skill and physical damage and accuracy, so I figured I'd test it out and see how it compared to the wivre mask I was using at the time. I used it for a while and saw no difference in either damage or accuracy that I could discern, so I just kept using it and sold my wivre mask for inventory +1.

But now there's this hat, which gives me the option of 6 STR, 4STR/DEX or 4STR 10 acc, and I have no idea if any of these will beat the 5 blue magic skill I'm currently using. Now I know blue magic skill has some effect on physical accuracy/damage, I just don't know how much, and it's never really been an issue until now since relic hat vs wivre mask was much the same and AF body+1 is the best blu can use even without the skill.

So basically, can someone read this *** for me and translate it into English? Srsly, those numbers mean jack to me. What does it mean that fSTR caps at 22? Does that matter a damn when I never fight anything under ~level 80? How much does blue magic skill do in comparison etc. etc. etc.

/clueless.

Since nobody answered this I'll try to. Your Skill increases damage in tiers. Take your Blue Magic Skill and multiply it by 0.11, then discard the decimal. Every time you go up one full point your spell damage will increase. Some quick math...

276 base skill + 16 from 8/8 merits + 15 from AF body + 5 from Relic hat = 312 skill * 0.11 = 34.32. Removing the Relic hat gives you 307 * 0.11 = 33.77. You lose a tier with full merits by taking off relic hat, so in your case Relic Hat > VSallet.

On a side note, you only need 3 Skill after body and merits to break the 34 tier, so if 1 MAcc == 1 Skill the new head with MAcc+3 and STR+4 augments is better than Relic head since it breaks the tier and also has STR. If not, Morrigan's Coronal accomplishes the same goal since it has more than enough MAcc to break tier along with the STR+4.

The calculation D = floor(BLU*0.11)*2+3 (floor discards the decimal) has a cap for all spells. The cap appears either unknown or unobtainable for any spell level 60+, so don't worry about it and just continue to cast in enough skill to get you that tier. With my earlier math using body, head, and merits, 34*2+3 =71.

Short answer for whether the fSTR cap matters when everything you fight is that high: no. Long answer: fSTR increases every time your STR exceeds the mob's VIT by an additional 4 points. As I understand it, fSTR is 1 at equal STR and VIT, so a cap of 22 means you would require 21 * 4 = 84 more STR than the mob has VIT to cap fSTR. This isn't going to happen on mobs 80+.

tl;dr: For physical spells, Mirage Keffiyeh is superior to Voyager's Sallet and the new piece with the augments you listed provided you have AF body and full merits. If the 5 skill does not up you a skill tier, VSallet, Wivre, and new piece are superior. New piece with STR and MAcc augments is superior to relic hat in the same conditions if and only if 1 Skill == 1MAcc, and Morrigan's Coronal is superior to Mirage Keffiyeh with full merits and AF body. fSTR will not be capped on high level mobs. Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: I have no idea how the stats on Gnadbhod's Helm stack up against the damage increase from the Mirage Keffiyeh, but I suspect for pure damage Gnadbod's might have slightly higher numbers. Testing this with the Big 3 would involve meripo parsing, but you could test 8 STR vs tier increase on Vertical Cleave with BLU/THF SA VCleave on level 0 mobs. Run at least 10 trials with each piece. The 6 DEX on it would improve accuracy and damage on the Big 3 as well, so if it's better on VCleave it will be significantly better on the multihit spells. Morrigan's vs Gnadbod's would be a close call I think, the slow+5% could potentially be the deciding factor. Somebody with these pieces needs to do some testing >.>

Also, depending on where the potential decimal from MAcc is discarded you might be able to break tier with MAcc+3 regardless. If it's discarded immediately you'd need 4 MAcc, but if the floor function from D is calculated first you're good with 3.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-06-29 12:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Laia said:
well regardless of all the comments, at least the mage hat looks pretty nifty.
recycled, remake or w/e... its a nice design! the other two...
WE ARE MOTHAF... FFXI SPARTANS!

Whenever I look at the mage hat, I see a Sorcerer's Petasos that smoked just a little too much pot in college. I know it's from FF3, but I can't get that thought out of my head!

All in all, I dig the new hats.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-29 12:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I threw in the MAB on it for Blu to make kind of a hybrid blu magic nuking hat. I was leaning more toward the 6 Str for Cannonball. >.> But, your explanation proves otherwise. =)
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-29 13:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I find that for Melee jobs this is a great option for a WS piece. Strangely enough, I'm looking at the same piece for all my DD jobs

+4 Str +15 WS Acc and +4 Agi +2% WS damage

For Rng, this is hot. Two WS mods, increase WS Acc for Sidewinder and 2% more damage. All I'm seeing is "damage, damage, damage, zomg Sidewinder is hitting more often, damage, damage.

For Sam, not too shabby. 1~2 less Str, but more WS Acc and the +2% damage combined with Overwelm puts you @ 21% damage increase.

For Mnk, not to shabby. 1~2 less Str, but more WS Acc on your Multihit WS like Asuran Fists and +2% damage (possible for +2% on each hit landed?)

For Rng, Mirke w/ +10 R. Att and Snapshot combined with the SNM helm just makes for a sick TP build. With this helm setup, you can dump more of your R. Acc gear for sidewinder into more DD items.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2009-06-29 13:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is SE so cruel? I thought picking an ACP body was kinda tough but this takes it to a whole new level. The augments are way better this time and I could make great use of all 3 headpieces. I mean conserve MP, INT, magic accuracy and magic attack bonus on the same headgear would be amazing for BLM; STR+4 and DEX+4 on a headpiece for BLU would be amazing; STR+6 and Weapon skill acuracy +15 would be great for Drakesbane since i don't have hecatomb cap. How do I choose?

One thing though is that all 3 pieces are kinda ugly :( They should have made them match ACP body but that doesnt matter to me too much, stats are more important than looks.
[+]
 Odin.Faisa
Server: Odin
user: Faisa
By Odin.Faisa 2009-06-29 13:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

User submitted image

hmm....
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12