Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 188 189 190
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-07 16:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Boshi said: »
For Kin our Run comes /war because it aspirs all his mp
Went /WAR by chance, and yeah felt it was very useful. Even with 2 Ballads and my Refresh it was still a bit of a struggle against him when he started using Aspir.

I never got that 4secs doom though.
I was using 3x Light runes for the most part of the fight. Have I just been lucky or maybe runes increased the chance to resist that doom? Supposing you can resist it?
You just can't keep MP up above maybe 100 against Kin, but you don't really need to use it for much beyond stuff like Phalanx anyway, as you don't want to be going crazy with hate. Meanwhile, yes, Death Sentence is resistable. Just like Fatal Scream, you can even get a "Resist!" proc, which is indicative that Pflug and Resist gear/traits are working (as well as Magic Evasion). I'm inclined to believe it counts as Resist Curse, but I haven't confirmed that. Testing in Walk of Echoes might be in order sometime.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-01-07 19:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you get the gear and Jp, RUN is hard to replace. Even over a top tier pld, a RUN can just do more in lots of ways. It is a very good job to start on if you can get it up and running with gear in a few days.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-09 17:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lolsavageblade I know, but is the new Sherida Earring worth using over Ishvara Earring for Savage Blade?
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2017-01-10 00:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Am i crazy to gear Vivacious Pulse to stat+ over divine? It is more work but it is also a big benefit! something like this.. in the guide it shows a Globidonta Ring but if you have 3x of a rune,lets say sulpor, a ramuh ring will give you +8 dex which is +12 hp vs the +2-3 you will get from glob. just putting out there~ stat > divine
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-15 10:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kafuin said: »
thinking about starting fresh with run, one of the few jobs i never really played. am i right in thinking it has a slightly easier entry to endgame with easy access to useful "starter" equipment than many other jobs? (mostly af1-3 sets for tank bonuses and aettir being cheap to make 119)

Run is less dependent on expensive gear than PLD but you need a well rounded Run to competently tank tougher things, and full augd Aettir.

An aegis/priwen can tank fine all the way up to t3 rei in PDT/MDT cap newbie gear PDT cap is laughably easy on pld.

Edit: Can survive fine. If you have decent melee DD, you'll probably find enmity difficult to hold on lower NMs.

In those situations, I don't come on a tank because one isn't needed.

Will second that run has more utility to the group. ; : ; ;
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2017-01-16 16:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

New RUN, what should i be prioritising on my first two Ogma capes?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-16 17:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A Tanking one and a TP/WS compromise one?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-16 17:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

HP/meva/FC and HP/meva/enmity would be my first choices when starting out on tanking.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-16 17:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I'd make enmity first because RUN doesn't have a terrible problem with fastcast (It's still nice, very nice). Your bread-and-butter spells (Flash and Foil) are easy to cast.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-17 02:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastcast is not Vital when you have 3 or 4 merits in Inspiration.
Having 4 merits means you don't really need that much FC in gear, so even for a starting RUN that comes in handy.

Once your gear gets better you start wanting to put Inspiration as low as possible. The less merits you put in Inspiration = more merits you can put in Battuta, so yeah. But I see this as "fine tuning" you can do to the job slowly as you progress with gear and experience in the job.

A DD/WS cape can be useful when you're farming lower content, those Resolutions hit hard yo!
Having STR+30, Acc/Att+20, DA+10% represents an awesome Cape which can be a really good compromise for TP, Resolution and it's arguably better than all other non-ambuscade options for Dimidiation as well.

I currently don't have an FC cape because I'm lazy, and I'm at 2/5 Inspiration merits with capped FC during casting. Not sure if with my gear gtting 10FC in the cape slot would allow me to go down to 1/5, maybe? Would need to check.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-17 03:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't really so much that I'd do FC first as that it's one of the first two I would do if focused on tanking. RUN DPS is nothing special prior to Lionheart (or Epeolatry for DD/tank situations) and is heavily dependent on buffs given RUN's low attack and lack of self-haste, so it's not something I'd prioritize unless you have no other suitable jobs, you're routinely running strats/content for which tank DPS is critical to success, or you expect to complete one/both in the near future.

As far as precast sets and Inspiration merits go, I've been tinkering with mine recently. I think there's some merit to 2/5 even if you have enough FC to swing 1/5. It's a bit easier to maintain max HP with 2/5; I've got a setup going now that only drops me by about 20 HP on enmity spells when using my default tanking idle set. I'll try to get a more detailed post up about it tomorrow.
By geigei 2017-01-23 02:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Made my tanking piece with FC, this allows me to drop to 1/5 inspiration and still have capped fc: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/349127

Hello 4/5 battuta!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-29 13:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for suggestions on a high acc DD/tank set.

ItemSet 343535

Assuming acc+30 and (P)DT-4% augments on Herc hands/feet along with DEX+20 acc+30 on the cape, this is 45% PDT and ~1230 acc with Epeolatry/Lionheart (~1275 for Aettir) pre-buffs/food. Utu Grip brings that up to 1260/1305. I could swap waist and legs for Olseni and Ayanmo +1 for a small increase in accuracy and 3 STP, but I'd lose 8% DA, 4% TA, 1% PDT (albeit with more defense), some STR/attack, and drop slightly below gear haste cap. Dignitary's is more or less interchangeable with Mache NQ; I don't have Zennaroi and don't care enough to farm Incursion for it.

Eventual acc upgrades include Ioskeha Belt +1, 2x Mache Earring +1, and Runeist Trousers +3. Altogether those would add 23 acc for 1283/1328 acc unbuffed. Aside from that I'm not seeing much aside from the option to sub in Ayanmo head/body +1 for STP+5 and DA+6 in exchange for 4 PDT, but I'd like to know if I've missed anything here.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-29 15:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashera harness would be outstanding for such a set.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-29 15:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Good catch, can't believe I forgot about that. Definitely something to keep in mind as a future upgrade.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-29 15:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Ashera harness would be outstanding for such a set.

First he has to bribe a developer at SE to make it actually drop for them. Then be sure to be /BLM to D2 all the competition.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-29 17:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I forgot ahosi leggings. Not as good as your hypothetical Herc augments, but it does serve as a sort of Erilaz feet -1 with accuracy, and for multiple jobs.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-01-31 11:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I use Ahosi in my hybrid set and I'm a big fan of them.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Dignitary's is more or less interchangeable with Mache NQ; I don't have Zennaroi and don't care enough to farm Incursion for it.
Consider using an Odnowa Earring +1 instead. It's easy to overlook that it has 5~10 accuracy on it in addition to the defensive stats.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-31 17:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity aside, I'd like Ahosi moreso for BLU PDT/meva than for RUN. Bit of a moot point for me regardless; lost on lots in the past and it's currently difficult for me to make event times, so Herc it is.

NQ Odnowa has the same acc and Sylvie is consistently #1 here, so doubling up on those is certainly an option to keep in mind. Swapping to WS gear frequently weakens the benefit of padding my max HP, so I'll have to think about it a bit.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-01-31 17:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A question for people who have Ergon + Aeonic:

Aside from the marginal enmity, parry and macc increases, would there be any practical benefit to AG'ing an Epeolatry if one already has Lionheart sitting around?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-31 17:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Aside from the marginal enmity, parry and macc increases, would there be any practical benefit to AG'ing an Epeolatry if one already has Lionheart sitting around?

I don't have either, but I plan on finishing my Ergon for hybrid scenarios, and when I get Lionheart I'll use that for pure DD scenarios.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2017-01-31 17:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For those times where you don't want to self SC light (basically only for Tele melee setups)?
By Pantafernando 2017-01-31 18:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

It doesnt glow.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-31 19:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Epeolatry can be pretty great for hybrid scenarios or the aforementioned instances where you don't want Resolution to have the Light attribute (which extends to more than just Teles)- I don't regret putting the additional money into it whatsoever.
 Fenrir.Faigai
By Fenrir.Faigai 2017-02-01 22:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

When tanking RUN/BLU, is it worth it to midcast your BLU hate spells in Enmity gear? Or, am I better off just running fast cast all the way through the spells completion to have a better chance of not being interrupted.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-01 23:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire point of casting them is the enmity gain, so yes it's worth it. But if you're not getting your casts off you're not getting any enmity.

That being said, Fast cast gear in midcast isn't going to affect your interruption chances. All it'll do is reduce your recast on a successful cast.

While it's technically possible to hit a 102% spell interruption set on RUN, it's pretty hard to do. And it'll gimp the crap outta whatever you cast in it.

The other issue with this is that you're defenses drop due to lack of PDT/Meva.

But if you're interested in being uninterruptible, then here.

ItemSet 349291
This set will hit 102% SIRD, with 1 SI merit. Other wise you'd have to use the grip or an SI wep.

Requires 10% SI augments on all Taeon pieces. If you're willing to swap weps for the cast you can make it a lot easier to cap. there's a great axe with 30% SI on it.

Also, cast aquaveil if you can manage it. Or cast aquaveil in SI gear, then cast blu spells in enmity gear till it wears.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-01 23:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also use an augmented Aptus Earring (Battaru Royale), Dark Ring (Abyssea-Konschtat) or Diamond Ring (Abyssea-Vunkerl) to get the last bit of -interrupt required to cap. All max out at -5% iirc, so there's potential for a bit of flexibility on your Taeon augments if you're lucky.

edit: If you go the gaxe route (parashu), you can also throw on magic strap for another 5%. With those two you can forego Taeon and the aforementioned augmented accessories entirely.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-02 00:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh I'd forgotten about SI on dark rings.. A PDT/SI ring would actually be useful still. ugh. I don't wanna farm Abyssea Kon again. Also earring. hmmm.
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 188 189 190