Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-12-16 01:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not sure about you guys but I personally have a specific build for Escha zones taking this into account.

Yep same ^^ to put more meva in my set ^^
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-22 18:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Having looked at the new equipment from Omen I think we need to make some revisions to some melee sets. Here is what I propose for them, feel free to give feedback.

TP #1
ItemSet 339347
Focuses on Store TP, Double and Triple Attack while not giving up too much accuracy. Has absolutely no Quadruple Attack in it however.

TP #2
ItemSet 348487
Feel that this one is a bit light on Store TP. It is packing a pretty substantial amount of Double, Triple and Quadruple Attack however.

Resolution
ItemSet 346353
Really not sure which is better in the second ring slot: Epona's Ring or Niqmaddu Ring.

Dimidiation
ItemSet 348486
We got some really nice Dimidiation pieces in this update. Utu Grip is a given and we got a WSD option in the ammo slot. Ramuh +1's have been replaced by the two new rings from Omen. Herculean Vest assumes DEX and WSD augments.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-22 18:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

am actually working on finishing the reformatting for the OP as we speak which will include new, updated gearsets. Will compare my sets with yours and see if I missed anything.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-22 19:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Really not sure which is better in the second ring slot: Epona's Ring or Niqmaddu Ring.

Probably option C: Nigmaddu+Epona's.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-22 19:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, was just going to say that Niqmaddu + Epona's is definitely our best Reso combo now.
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-22 19:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Right you both are.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-22 21:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Resolution responds extremely well to multi-attack. Am I right assuming that QA would be rolled twice like TA and DA? Obviously subject to the 8 hit limit. Does it roll once on all MA then roll again or does ot roll twice for each in sequence? Just to determine the relative weight of each MA category.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-22 21:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

OP updated.

-Gearsets culled and updated.

-Added a grips section.

-Updated the sub jobs section.

Things to do:

-Capped attack weaponskill sets.

-Hybrid sets.

-More accuracy sets.

-Potentially add a new section for progression guidance; the guide currently starts at the beginning of endgame content, a.k.a. Skirmish and Escha, but there may be room to add pre-endgame options such as basic unity gear and peacekeeper gear for new/returning players.

-Trim down the weapon section a bit.

-Ruaumoko's excellent guide on BGWiki has a section that I really like the idea of where he writes his experiences with high level NMs. Don't want to jack the idea but it is an interesting concept that was useful to me when I did HELMs for the first time.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Yeah Resolution responds extremely well to multi-attack. Am I right assuming that QA would be rolled twice like TA and DA? Obviously subject to the 8 hit limit. Does it roll once on all MA then roll again or does ot roll twice for each in sequence? Just to determine the relative weight of each MA category.

Yes, it can, but idk how it interacts with weaponskills that would cap at 8 hits with a single QA proc
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-23 04:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
niche traits such as Resist Sleep
I always assumed these traits were overwritten by Tenacity, are they separate?
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-23 05:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
-Ruaumoko's excellent guide on BGWiki has a section that I really like the idea of where he writes his experiences with high level NMs. Don't want to jack the idea but it is an interesting concept that was useful to me when I did HELMs for the first time.
Cheers for the shout-out. I haven't posted a link to it before because it wasn't fully completed. It'll be sorted by the week's end however and I feel as though I can put it up now.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quiescence:_Rune_Fencer_Guide

As for the NM thing. All experiences are subjective ultimately so having a section like that in the OP of this thread might be an idea.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-23 08:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

-Added a grips section.

Alber Strap is a pretty good multi-purpose grip with -PDT, DA, MAB and +Enmity on it.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-23 08:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alber Strap has pretty high Enmity+ on it for a grip.

+5 Enmity in that slot is handy when you absolutely have to hold hate. I used it on the Ambuscade Frog a few months back.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-23 12:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

When you can cap PDT with just 2% coming from the Strap slot, I'd say Alber strap is quite an excellent option.
I've been using it a lot myself.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-23 12:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
niche traits such as Resist Sleep
I always assumed these traits were overwritten by Tenacity, are they separate?
Pretty sure they stack, like if you were wearing Resist Sleep+10 gear and Resist All+10 gear, it'd come to 20 for Sleep. This is going from my experiences with Stun and Charm, which I have sets for and resist constantly.
[+]
By Bahadir 2016-12-24 16:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I dont use gear swap or anything I have no way to reliably macro in a mid cast for Flash. Would you then recommend casting flash in enmity gear, in FC gear or go for a hybrid?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-24 16:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Since I dont use gear swap or anything I have no way to reliably macro in a mid cast for Flash. Would you then recommend casting flash in enmity gear, in FC gear or go for a hybrid?

I would recommend using gearswap.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-24 17:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »

Until you switch to Gearswap (which is extremely useful), cast in enmity gear. Most enmity gear these days comes with Haste so it's easy to cap gear haste without sacrifice. You shouldn't really need any more recast- than that. Fast cast for the precast of flash is largely unnecessary.
By Lorax 2016-12-24 21:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Gearswap, anyone have a decent lua they wouldnt mind sharing?
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-27 13:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lorax said: »
Speaking of Gearswap, anyone have a decent lua they wouldnt mind sharing?

there are several over here, just plug your own gear in and go: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44362/run-lua/
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2016-12-30 14:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about the 2 PDT sets shown in the guide.
ItemSet 348457
ItemSet 348458

Why aren't there more sets in the guide for PDT thinks like a -50% PDT that is a 5hit, high ACC, or high Multi-Hit.

Just example is this AM3 PDT set
ItemSet 348222
Carmine Greaves +1 Path D
Adhemar Wrist. +1 Path A
Evasionist's cape -5% DT
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-12-30 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There used to be a few PDT sets in there to show how you could branch out into various stats after capping PDT. TP/DT, meva/resist, curepot received, etc.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-30 15:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Things to do:

-Hybrid sets.

-More accuracy sets.

-Potentially add a new section for progression guidance; the guide currently starts at the beginning of endgame content, a.k.a. Skirmish and Escha, but there may be room to add pre-endgame options such as basic unity gear and peacekeeper gear for new/returning players.

Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2016-12-30 17:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Things to do:

-Hybrid sets.

-More accuracy sets.

:x oh well cant wait to see them added ^^ thanks for your hard work
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-01 22:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone use an m.acc set for shockwave? Does it help at all?

When I'm aoe tanking trash (like say climbing Omen), I love Shockwave to get on hate lists, followed quickly by a Foil, but the sleep pretty much never seems to land. Would be a nice thing to be able to sleep everything until someone hits it.

I'm of course aware that I could supertank it, but then DD get hate and healers soon after.

If someone does pull a random of the freaking-awesome enmity of a few Foils (and really even a single one), they're big enough to keep it off the whm too.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-01 23:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I gear it for Accuracy and Magic Accuracy, and it works pretty well on most regular enemies. I've even had luck landing it on some NMs (including in Geas Fete, Merit BC Ouryu, and the Escha Wyrms), but that's not really practical.

Omen is usually too all over the place for me to notice if it's landing there, but yeah popping something like Liement or Pflug along with a Foil afterwards usually stabilizes hate. I use the same strategy with Wynavs on Warder of Courage since I'm /SAM.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-07 14:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody got tips to share bout tanking Omen on RUN?
Which runes on which NM? Pros/Cons of sj choice specifically for Omen, etc?
By Boshi 2017-01-07 15:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For Kin our Run comes /war because it aspirs all his mp
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-07 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

• General Stuff: Helps to organize enemies, being able to tank while doing objectives is a huge help. Gambit and Rayke are great for some of those magic damage objectives, but I haven't done runs with mages yet so I haven't had to think about them for NMs/Bosses. Toggling in/out of DT gear can be an easy way to do the 10 cures for 500+ if you have a smaller crew. I'm still not crazy about WAR here since there's a lot of dispel, etc and Provoke is still garbage. /BLU might be a bad call due to buff absorb/dispels. /SAM, /DRK, and /NIN should all be quite fine, though you might prefer one over others depending on your boss of choice, strategy, playstyle, and experiences.

• Floor 1: Might as well use Ignis to resist Paralyze. Barblizz/Para.

• Floor 2: I use Sulpor for resisting Attack Down. Barwater.

• Glassy Craver: Sulpor helps against Promyvion Brume. No matter what, you're going to lose hate regularly, though you should try to get it back so it doesn't murder your support. I ride Hasso and focus on DDing while I tank so I can contribute even when I don't have hate. Barwater/Poison.

• Glassy Gorger: Lux for his drain attack. Don't use Temper, Phalanx, or Ice Spikes. Up to you and your group if you wanna drop other buffs, but I find it's not a big deal. He can copy Wards, but it shouldn't be a big deal (for instance, he has no weapon, so Battuta doesn't do anything for him). Don't underestimate Quadratic Continuum. Barblizz/Para.

• Glassy Thinker: Lux to resist Sleep/Curse/Blind. Only buff I'd suggest against is Temper (unless your dispellers aren't super lazy), since he can steal buffs. If you're tanking and unsure you'll be able to turn in time during Pain Sync, just back tank him. Pain Sync doesn't seem to have an element, but is Breath Damage, and OFA also works. Don't even bother using Lunge for a quick MB cuz you'll probably *** it up and kill everyone. I like Barfire/virus.

• Floor 4: You'll probably change runes if you care, though I definitely recommend either Ignis or Lux for the Fu path (mostly undead). Helps a melee group when you can self-Light and kill a Transcended Skeleton or Ghost with Lunge.

• All Bosses: Lux. Barfire/Amnesia, except Fu, where you'd probably want Barwater or whatever. /DRK can help, as Arcane Circle will reduce all damage taken (including fixed moves) by 5%, and increase damage output by 5%. I wouldn't suggest it for Fu though, unless you're planning some kind of Souleater shenanigans.

• Kin: Lux Pflug helps big time vs. Death Sentence. Only WS when he's casting if you really wanna play it safe. If he uses Target on you, just stop using hate generating stuff until you lose hate for a second.

• Gin: Lux Wards and OFA reduce Zero Hour. Not a hard fight at all.

• Kei: Haven't fought him yet but you'll still want Lux (except maybe for Gambit/Rayke). Kei's strategy is a bit specific to go into detail here. /DRK and an HP set could be very helpful with reducing his fixed damage.

• Kyou: Haven't bothered with him either, but I could see either Seigan or /NIN working well to deal with his added effects (or just bark at your support). Heard he's overall pretty tame though.

• Fu: There's a lot of ways to handle this guy. Just bear in mind that when he's crazy, even super DT sets won't save you. I rely on Seigan and Battuta, especially if the plan is to push him down so you can ride Battuta longer. Might actually want Ignis for this too cuz he does use powerful Blizzaga. As the tank, I usually pull him alone from behind with a lot of buffs that won't help him (Preludes, Barwater/sleep, Crusade, etc).

• Bonus Floor: Enjoy your 250 gil

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-07 16:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
For Kin our Run comes /war because it aspirs all his mp
Went /WAR by chance, and yeah felt it was very useful. Even with 2 Ballads and my Refresh it was still a bit of a struggle against him when he started using Aspir.

I never got that 4secs doom though.
I was using 3x Light runes for the most part of the fight. Have I just been lucky or maybe runes increased the chance to resist that doom? Supposing you can resist it?

@Jeanpaul
Thanks for the detailed list of tips! :)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-07 16:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Bonus Floor: Enjoy your 250 gil

Look at Mr. Moneybags over here with their 250 gil. I only got 59 gil...
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 188 189 190