First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 262 263 264
 Lakshmi.Nebo
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: NeboJones
By Lakshmi.Nebo 2015-03-20 18:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magi said: »
Good enough to make Prothescar post... only if it was good enough to keep you playing :)

Troll a little harder :) Maybe he will come back
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-20 18:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudras doesn't need a nerf. The other DD jobs need a boost so Rudras doesn't appear so amazing. Not saying DRK WAR and DRG should beat Mythic SAM, but if they were somewhere close, people wouldn't talk about Rudras as much.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-20 18:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There really isn't a difference between nerfing Rudra and buffing everything else, other than how quickly mobs will die.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-21 13:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some help/suggestions on where to start for upgrading. I had stopped playing mainly back in the end of 2013 when my father died. I had tried to make a bit of a return some time last year but it didn't work out. I have a little bit of time now before i have to work on moving. But i should be free to play a bit more after that.

I was just going to wait until summer to bother with this, after everything was done. But i read about this upcoming content release being the last new release. So id like to have something manageable to play this content as it comes out.

The set i have now wasnt even that good in 2013...

ItemSet 306932

I had a mediocre Exenterator set, but i hear thats no longer a main ws.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-21 14:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I calculated, putting STR/DEX +7 on Taeon turns out to be better than either crit damage or WS damage for the Dusk slot. I totally neglected to see if DEX+10 would be better though, but I'm intending to just carry 1 set and use it for RUN as well. Taeon has pretty low base stats compared to other options, especially AF/relic, so those older pieces still come ahead on stacked WSs.

Also I hadn't checked it, but Jugo Kukri +1 is still probably the ideal offhand dagger for anyone not using Vajra.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-21 14:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you for the input Josiahfk.
One question tho. I noticed that the main armor and weapons are alluvion skirmish drops. Ironically, before i left i was building up all the original skirmish armors and weapons (113). Aside from the fact that i need them now until i get upgraded some, is there any main use for them anymore? I heard they can be upgraded to +2 in that Raz skirmish area, but is it even worth bothering now? (Having all original skirmish and new skirmish armor and weapons would take up a good bit of room.)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-21 14:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Iuitl +1 is a great way to get damage reduction on armor, though in some slots you're probably better off getting other pieces of gear like Emet Harness, which is not too difficult to get (Beaucedine Glacier Unity NM).

Other relatively easy-to-get gear that would be useful:
- Augmentable WKR gear like Uk'uxkaj Cap, Buremte Gloves, and Atoyac
- Jugo Kukri (especially the +1) from the Cape Teriggan Unity NM.
- Upgrading AF/relic to at least 109 is not at all challenging. Materials for 119 AF are generally inexpensive compared to some other pieces of gear (notably, the head can be made for probably less than 20k).
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-21 17:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the best option for getting that canny cape? So far i havnt seen any jse cap drop.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-21 18:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
whats the best option for getting that canny cape? So far i havnt seen any jse cap drop.
Keep doing reives in places like Woh, Moh, Dho gates and just wait for any 3 capes to drop. Then you can trade them for Canny from NPC.

I think I did Woh gates for mine. Never got canny to drop, but I've gotten 5 other ones to drop now.
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2015-03-21 18:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing Marjami and have gotten tons of capes from liar reives
By Pantafernando 2015-03-21 18:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The highest capes drop rate is from WK reives. Any WK is fine.

Or join some incursion shout. They increased the capes drop rate last i saw.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-21 19:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
The highest capes drop rate is from WK reives. Any WK is fine.

Or join some incursion shout. They increased the capes drop rate last i saw.
Oh yeah I forgot about those. Join anyone and a lot of times a cape will drop too.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-21 21:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

:/
3wkr 3 colonization reives, 0 capes. Hopefully i have better luck tomorrow
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-22 12:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some help/suggestions on where to start for upgrading. I had stopped playing mainly back in the end of 2013 when my father died. I had tried to make a bit of a return some time last year but it didn't work out. I have a little bit of time now before i have to work on moving. But i should be free to play a bit more after that.

I was just going to wait until summer to bother with this, after everything was done. But i read about this upcoming content release being the last new release. So id like to have something manageable to play this content as it comes out.

The set i have now wasnt even that good in 2013...

ItemSet 306932

I had a mediocre Exenterator set, but i hear thats no longer a main ws.

Honestly I would wait until something like friday and ask again. My guess is the march update is happening then. reforged empy, su2, and an adjustment to dagger ws. Good chance a lot of things will change
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2015-03-22 13:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

:/
3wkr 3 colonization reives, 0 capes. Hopefully i have better luck tomorrow

Im messing around on blm right now at lair reive by biv 4 in Marjami and getting capes galore. Try a lair reive
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-23 02:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

THF coming out of retirement. Last thing I did was Voidwatch, post-Abyssea. Most my gear is outdated, iLv99 or below. I earned a Sandung and i109 AF2 hands so far. Mandau is 95 but I don't have the budget yet. Working on it.

What should I be working for primarily? AF1? AF2? Any best-in-slot pieces that are easily attained that can carry me for awhile while I build my arsenal?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-03-23 07:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

119 Artifact is cheap and works pretty nicely for Stacked Ws, 119 relic hands for farming puposes, and look into Alluvion Yorcia weald for Taeon set and augments :p Update fir empyrean 109/119 this week so might wanna wait a bit ;)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kadia
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2015-03-23 16:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

so i just came back to the game about 10 days ago now after quitting in september of 2011

i currently have full RoE gear but im kinda scared to try any content that isnt lvl 75 era. i am slowly working on getting i109 AF/relic, but my question is, how hard is it to get like the izkiihol or is that even the dagger i should be working toward? i got rank 2 in the 2011 mog bonanza and aquired a cat's eye. how diffucult would it be to get a mythic nowadays? is relic better? i transfered to asura server and im wondering if there are any thfs out there that can help me out. would be much obliged

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-23 16:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kadia said: »
so i just came back to the game about 10 days ago now after quitting in september of 2011

i currently have full RoE gear but im kinda scared to try any content that isnt lvl 75 era. i am slowly working on getting i109 AF/relic, but my question is, how hard is it to get like the izkiihol or is that even the dagger i should be working toward? i got rank 2 in the 2011 mog bonanza and aquired a cat's eye. how diffucult would it be to get a mythic nowadays? is relic better? i transfered to asura server and im wondering if there are any thfs out there that can help me out. would be much obliged
Mythic isn't hard to get, it just requires the time to get your assaults/Einherjars done. Having the Cat's Eye gives you the advantage of not needing to fret about money. Vajra is unquestionably the best dagger for THF, but if you prefer other jobs more, then you might wanna think about other mythics.

As for getting an Izhiikoh, the content where you acquire it has been out long enough that many people are thoroughly experienced with it and can manage it with an extra person tagging along (even if you were to literally do nothing). The issue for you would instead be finding people willing to let you tag along (some people may charge gil for this, though).

Other notable daggers include Jugo Kukri +1, Ipetam, and Atoyac.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-23 16:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kadia said: »

Izhiikoh is still really good. Beating shark isn't that difficult with an experienced group, but it may be hard to join until you've geared up. Shark is pretty good at killing squishy DD's.

You might have better chances acquiring a Jugo Kukri from Vedrfolnir. People still shout for him all the time on my server, and it's easy content. Save up around 20k accolades, and you're all set to join a group.

Otherwise, try and get your adoulin fame up so you can join wildskeeper rieves, and acquire atoyac. Jugo/Atoyac will have you set for a bit. (with OAT augment on Atoyac)

Getting a mythic is easy if you have alex out of the way, but still time consuming getting assaults done, ichor, and tokens. If you're referring to mythic dagger, I can't really comment. Myhtics in general are still very sought after, and often top tier weapons though.

As far as Empyrean armor reforging. I'm not sure how difficult the content will be, but if it's anything like delve 2.0 was when it first came out, everyone is going to be looking for 100% optimal setups until they're comfortable. If you have a group of friends willing to take you though, more power to ya!
 Cerberus.Kadia
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2015-03-23 17:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for all the insightful opinions everyone. i saw that jugo kurki and i got a nastalga pang from my blau/sirocco kukri days. so would that be a good place to start? thf is what i consider my "Main" but i enjoy ninja and rdm as well. if i were to get a mythic it would be the dagger hands down. is RoE gear good enough for high teir fights? or would i just be ignored?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-23 17:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pick up groups are generally terrible so I'm sure you won't be ignored.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-23 17:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Ipetam does have a higher delay but you can always cut the delay to 198 using augments, or increase the damage etc
Does augmenting delay not count towards the 80% reduction cap?
 Bahamut.Mustybadger
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Mustybadger 2015-03-24 04:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to figure out Taeon augments...not sure if i'm having a brain fart or not.

Using the (Delay_1 + Delay_2) × (1 - Dual Wield %) × (1 - Haste %) ≥ (Delay_1 + Delay_2) × 0.2 equation, I currently have the following;

25% Dual Wield JA
5% Patentia Belt
5% Augment on helm
7% earrings
3% ranged
5% Augment on legs
5% Augment on gloves

55% Dual Wield reduction total

27% haste in gear

(200+195)*(1-0.55)*(1-0.27)=130 (129.75)

So, that's assuming I now have a delay of 130? If I then calculated the cap it would just be 395*0.2=79?

So, essentially, I could still reduce by delay by another 51 before I hit cap unbuffed?

Assuming I have Haste Samba and no other buffs, i would have a delay of 112 so can still reduce my net delay by 33 to hit the delay cap?

Doesn't sound right to me? Maybe i messed up somewhere but before I dump another chunk of gil into further augments I want to make sure i'm not massively exceeding the dual wield cap unnecessarily.

Thanks for any help!
By Pantafernando 2015-03-24 04:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Without magic haste, you need 48% dw in gear to cap attack delay reduction. Haste samba will reduce to 44% to cap it, but its questionable if its worth using haste samba in asolo situation.
 Bahamut.Mustybadger
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Mustybadger 2015-03-24 04:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ok great,

Taking that into account then, where did i mess up with my math?

EDIT: Didn't read the bit about in gear! So essentially i could get another 18% dual wield in gear before i hit cap assuming no buffs?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-24 04:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

48 without considering dw trait. With trait, its 48+25= 73%.

The math is: (1-0.25-0.48)x(1-0.26)= 0,1998 so its the nearest you can get to 20%.
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 262 263 264