First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 262 263 264
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2015-03-13 14:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Ok so it's not a done deal yet and they are still working on it, that's good. Only just started working on getting Rudra's, just need to do the voidwatch quests now.

Well despite what they said about wanting to give us fair warning and time to discuss it, they will likely implement the change with the next update, since that is when Ardor is coming out, and they are unlikely to leave RS as powerful as it is now when that happens (can you imagine what our double darkness sc numbers would be like then?). Given their tendency to update right as campaigns end, that means we have until Thursday March 26 at 1AM PDT to enjoy those 5 second duration Unity NM battles.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-03-13 15:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheer up guys, we still have Treasure Hunter, the most OP ability in the game.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-13 15:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Cheer up guys, we still have Treasure Hunter, the most OP ability in the game.
Yeah it's not like all jobs can just put on a ring and belt and get pretty much the same effect. Am I right guys?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-13 15:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vashkoda said: »
Ok so it's not a done deal yet and they are still working on it, that's good. Only just started working on getting Rudra's, just need to do the voidwatch quests now.

Well despite what they said about wanting to give us fair warning and time to discuss it, they will likely implement the change with the next update, since that is when Ardor is coming out, and they are unlikely to leave RS as powerful as it is now when that happens (can you imagine what our double darkness sc numbers would be like then?). Given their tendency to update right as campaigns end, that means we have until Thursday March 26 at 1AM PDT to enjoy those 5 second duration Unity NM battles.
Ok good, at least I got time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-13 15:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
stop arguing and check dev tracker. thf's death inc
link?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46258-Job-Adjustments-in-March-2015-Update?p=542969#post542969
Ok so it's not a done deal yet and they are still working on it, that's good. Only just started working on getting Rudra's, just need to do the voidwatch quests now. Started on them already too.

Quote:
We are currently considering adjusting the following four weaponskills.

Shark Bite
Mercy Stroke
Mandalic Stab
Rudra’s Storm

These adjustments are meant to normalize damage between melee jobs, and there are some adjustments that can be viewed as nerfs when taken on the individual job level, so we wished to communicate these details to you in advance as we continue to thoroughly discuss this matter.

All those poor bandwagoners that have been spending their time, gil, and merit points/capacity points to get their THF up to par since the Rudra's Storm update... all wasted now...

Oh well, I guess it's time for them to hop on another train.

Seriously, who didn't have THF before the Rudras update Wak? Who Wak? Whoooo??

Nobody.

:P

How many of those people actually tried to gear it as more than just a Dynamis farming tool?

1%?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-13 15:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How many of those people actually tried to gear it as more than just a Dynamis farming tool?
<- This guy. I am the 1%!
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2015-03-13 15:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

<- This guy. I am the 1%!
No I am!
By Pantafernando 2015-03-13 15:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

link?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46258-Job-Adjustments-in-March-2015-Update?p=542969#post542969
Ok so it's not a done deal yet and they are still working on it, that's good. Only just started working on getting Rudra's, just need to do the voidwatch quests now. Started on them already too.

Quote:

Shark Bite
Mercy Stroke
Mandalic Stab
Rudra’s Storm

These adjustments are meant to normalize damage between melee jobs, and there are some adjustments that can be viewed as nerfs when taken on the individual job level, so we wished to communicate these details to you in advance as we continue to thoroughly discuss this matter.

All those poor bandwagoners that have been spending their time, gil, and merit points/capacity points to get their THF up to par since the Rudra's Storm update... all wasted now...

Nobody.

1%?

Thf always was a very popular job, and always will be, with or without rudra.

Dont look down on thfs community.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-13 15:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure that chart includes mules, hence the very heavy distribution of start jobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-13 15:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
link?

Quote:

Shark Bite
Mercy Stroke
Mandalic Stab
Rudra’s Storm

Nobody.

1%?

Thf always was a very popular job, and always will be, with or without rudra.

Dont look down on thfs community.

I call BS on that chart as it has SAM and RNG listed as only 1% of the community having leveled. Also, my retort to the post was asking how many of the people only leveled it for Dynamis instead of actually using it for end game, as well.

FYI, Dynamis sets don't really work too well in item level content.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-13 15:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Pretty sure that chart includes mules, hence the very heavy distribution of start jobs.

If it was counting mules, WHM would be #1 since like 90% of the playerbase has a pocket WHM. :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-13 15:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was counting mules, WHM would be #1 since like 90% of the playerbase has a pocket WHM. :p
Agreed.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-13 16:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean mules as in level 1, in town, holding all your garbage.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-13 16:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean mules as in level 1, in town, holding all your garbage.
Still doesn't hold as the main jobs are automatically labeled as level 1.

EDIT: war, mnk, whm, blm, thf, & mnk
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-13 16:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall it being mentioned that it goes by whatever job a character is on at the time of the survey, which is including all of those mules. Point is that it's a useless representation of what people are primarily playing.
 Odin.Jsmooth
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-03-13 16:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I pick up Vajra 1-2 days before update lol. Glad I made vaj, but this is saddening. I agree with rudra's being OP, but not the other 3 ws's. Hopefully the nerf won't hurt too bad.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-13 16:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I call BS on that chart as it has SAM and RNG listed as only 1% of the community having leveled. Also, my retort to the post was asking how many of the people only leveled it for Dynamis instead of actually using it for end game, as well.

I agree the chart can be discussed, but actually thinking your own biased pov has more value than a chart that was more accurately done than anything you possible could do, thats what i call ***.

Quote:
FYI, Dynamis sets don't really work too well in item level content.

You almost made me believe youre the only one who knows that.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-13 16:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, my retort to the post was asking how many of the people only leveled it for Dynamis instead of actually using it for end game, as well.

Btw

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-03-13 17:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
A more accurate survey would be "all 99's of all characters in existence that are still active." At the end of each month.

And we can see the plethora of whm each month plus whatever new flavor everyone levels up in response.

Nobody has WHM leveled! Shhhhhhh.
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2015-03-14 02:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

THF nerf agreed. Needs it. Needed a buff before but the recent update just broke the job. SQEX at it again with not knowing how to balance properly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Punisha
Server: Ragnarok
user: Altwight
By Ragnarok.Punisha 2015-03-14 14:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Punisha said: »
Haven't played in quite some time. Is the first page still up to date with current gear sets?

Can someone fill me in on the Taeon info? Is it better to stack taeon now?

Also, is mandau not the best main hand?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-14 14:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played in quite some time. Is the first page still up to date with current gear sets?

Can someone fill me in on the Taeon info? Is it better to stack taeon now?

Currently, Taeon augment system allow lots of degrees of freedom so you can always make them at least top 3 for any relevant set (tp set, ws set, stacked ws set, acc set. The only flaw i saw is that new skirmish can not make a good turtle set like previous skirmish could).

Using DW in all pieces for dynamis/salvage solo situations, using TA2 for party situations, using DEX 10 for rudras (though we need to waut to see what will be the new ws hierarchy for thf after next update).

You can also add att or acc+20 or acc and att+15 from snow type stones (snowslit iirc).

Taeon pieces can be obtained through alluvion skirmish - Yorcia, check this thread for further info:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45843/alluvion-skirmish-yorcia/

A resumed table of new skirmish augments can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AW-EFvdcUrut320etWta4gVhhxiRTZW2W_gfoa2WdeU/edit#gid=0

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://ffxi.wikiwiki.jp/%3F%25A5%25A2%25A5%25C9%25A5%25A5%25A5%25EA%25A5%25F3%25A4%25CE%25CB%25E2%25B6%25AD%252F%25A5%25B9%25A5%25AB%25A1%25BC%25A5%25E0%252F%25A5%25A2%25A5%25EB%25A5%25D3%25A5%25AA%25A5%25F3%25A1%25A6%25A5%25B9%25A5%25AB%25A1%25BC%25A5%25E0%252F%25C1%25F5%25C8%25F7%25C9%25CA

Currently, i think skirmish stones are still pretty expensive though you dont need that much to get good augments (aside Ipetam, that would require lots of stones). If your wallet isnt big, i would sugest to wait next update to see what piece will still be best after empyreal upgrade and possible new pieces of gear from unity. In case you can spend some cash, having a teaon att15/acc15 will always be an excelent option for a balanced acc set in high level content. Extra DEX from dusk will help both in rudras, acc and crit rate. The third slot normally is better suited for TA2 in buffed situations, aside feet, that i would sugest having a dw4/5, as you would still need dw 11 to cap att delay even in full haste situations.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-14 14:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, is mandau not the best main hand?

In this exactly moment, it isnt as the best WS for thf is rudra and Izhiikoh or even Ipetam with proper augments can pull a lot ahead over mandau.

But this question should be done after thfs ws update as most of them will be nerfed.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-14 14:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon is good stuff, generally more for meleeing or for unstacked WSs. It does have lower base stats than most armors, but you can try to get augments to improve those. Said augments share a lot with WS Damage, though, which may be more beneficial for THF.

Here are all 5 pieces with their base stats. The shaded boxes are stats you can improve with most (but not all) THF relevant augments: Grey for Dusk, green for Leaf, and blue for Snow.

Some notable augment limits on augments from BG wiki (likely the highest possible values):
DUSK: STR+10, DEX+10, STR & DEX+7, WS Damage +3%, Crit Damage +3%
LEAF: Crit Rate +3%, Triple Attack +2%, Store TP+5? (not sure on limit here), Dual Wield +5
SNOW: Attack +25, Accuracy +25, Accuracy & Attack +20

For melee jobs, it's hard to beat Acc/Attack +20 on all pieces for the Snow augments. For Leaf and Dusk augments, it'll vary depending on what you want to do with the gear, whether it's catering to weaponskills (and which kind of weaponskills, ie: Evis vs. Rudra's) or TP phases (optimal augments varying by your buffs, like Haste, etc). If you're up for it, you could potentially carry around multiple Taeon sets for various purposes, or even covering a variety of jobs.
 Ragnarok.Punisha
Server: Ragnarok
user: Altwight
By Ragnarok.Punisha 2015-03-14 14:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My ACC set seems to be lacking so I think I will swap in taeon acc20/atk20 in pieces where i lack acc. I am content with my ws set as of now outside of not being able to use mandau anymore
 Lakshmi.Leaucant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leaucant
By Lakshmi.Leaucant 2015-03-14 15:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

was wondering if anyone knew the new optimal normal tp and full haste/tp sets i could look at with the knew teaon gear sets added also was trying to figure out which pieces of teon i would want tripple attack and which i want dw so far feet and body have +2 to TA and the rest all has between 4-5 DW on it. thanks in advance
By Pantafernando 2015-03-14 15:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leaucant said: »
was wondering if anyone knew the new optimal normal tp and full haste/tp sets i could look at with the knew teaon gear sets added also was trying to figure out which pieces of teon i would want tripple attack and which i want dw so far feet and body have +2 to TA and the rest all has between 4-5 DW on it. thanks in advance

You want dw11 in full haste situation, and that can be easily achieved by feet (can have up to 9) and possible cape. More than dw11 will backfire you.

My sugestion is dw5 in taeon feet and canny cape with dw2. For the others slots, ta2. Windbuffet +1 as waist, tripudio+brutal for earrings. Body slot is better with thaumas if you can aford giving up some defense, or plunderers+1. Head, hands, legs with ta2.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-14 16:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure it's not 12%

100% - 68.5% - (25% + 11%) = 20.16%
100% - 68.5% - (25% + 12%) = 19.84%

Not sure how rounding works in this situation. You can say 20.16% rounds down to 20%, but you can also say a 79.84% delay reduction rounds down to 79%.
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 262 263 264