For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 261 262 263
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-03-13 05:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

FFS. Toning down Rudra's is one thing, but MS? WTF!

To even use the thing you need to take a 30% hit in mainhand base damage!
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-13 05:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we had a good run, I take some solace in the fact they claim they are looking at nerfing SAM too, bet they back out of that one.

As for Ardor, worthless, I don't use THF in party situations so I'll get no benefit from that, add to the fact I only successfully skillchain with capped haste thanks to trusts, ardor will never come into play, even if WHM gets the spell since I dual box a whm.

Hopefully they are sensible about the nerf because unstacked it really isn't overly broken, maybe drop the ftp values a fraction.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-03-13 06:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They do this and its back to MNK for everything, yay...
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-13 07:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Later bandwagoners.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-13 08:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
stop arguing and check dev tracker. thf's death inc
link?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-13 08:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
link?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46258-Job-Adjustments-in-March-2015-Update?p=542969#post542969
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-13 08:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

THF should be a competitive DD but it shouldn't be the best DD. When has THF ever in 11 years been the best DD on everything. This is why removing the test server was a bad idea. They coulda gotten feedback about how strong it is, then lower the ftp to 3-4 for 1000% or something so its not the best WS at virtually all TP levels.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-13 08:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
link?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46258-Job-Adjustments-in-March-2015-Update?p=542969#post542969
Ok so it's not a done deal yet and they are still working on it, that's good. Only just started working on getting Rudra's, just need to do the voidwatch quests now. Started on them already too.

Quote:
We are currently considering adjusting the following four weaponskills.

Shark Bite
Mercy Stroke
Mandalic Stab
Rudra’s Storm

These adjustments are meant to normalize damage between melee jobs, and there are some adjustments that can be viewed as nerfs when taken on the individual job level, so we wished to communicate these details to you in advance as we continue to thoroughly discuss this matter.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-13 08:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra's will still be awesome, just slightly less awesome.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-13 08:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Rudra's will still be awesome, just slightly less awesome.
I'm ok with this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-13 09:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

link?

Ok so it's not a done deal yet and they are still working on it, that's good. Only just started working on getting Rudra's, just need to do the voidwatch quests now. Started on them already too.

Quote:

Shark Bite
Mercy Stroke
Mandalic Stab
Rudra’s Storm

These adjustments are meant to normalize damage between melee jobs, and there are some adjustments that can be viewed as nerfs when taken on the individual job level, so we wished to communicate these details to you in advance as we continue to thoroughly discuss this matter.

All those poor bandwagoners that have been spending their time, gil, and merit points/capacity points to get their THF up to par since the Rudra's Storm update... all wasted now...

Oh well, I guess it's time for them to hop on another train.
[+]
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2015-03-13 09:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I only pick a few jobs to level. Although since I started anew last year, I haven't had to level another one yet...
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-13 10:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Not wasted. Thf will still be a solid dd on equal playing field with other dds, just not the end all dd. Thf was probably never intended to be a dd that simply uses tp as soon as it gets it and do more damage than ever job, but rather use it with JAs. Thf was meant to be a job that uses skills and ja to do ws that surpass other jobs, not just using them immediately. A sextuple fold weapon skill at 1000 tp without any kind of attack penalty was a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-03-13 10:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Not wasted. Thf will still be a solid dd on equal playing field with other dds, just not the end all dd. Thf was probably never intended to be a dd that simply uses tp as soon as it gets it and do more damage than ever job, but rather use it with JAs. Thf was meant to be a job that uses skills and ja to do ws that surpass other jobs, not just using them immediately. A sextuple fold weapon skill at 1000 tp without any kind of attack penalty was a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea.
I would argue Thf was never the end all DD, Thf, Dnc, Blu, and Sam all have a time and place as top tier currently.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-13 10:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

link?

Quote:

Shark Bite
Mercy Stroke
Mandalic Stab
Rudra’s Storm

All those poor bandwagoners that have been spending their time, gil, and merit points/capacity points to get their THF up to par since the Rudra's Storm update... all wasted now...

Oh well, I guess it's time for them to hop on another train.

Seriously, who didn't have THF before the Rudras update Wak? Who Wak? Whoooo??

Nobody.

:P
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-03-13 10:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to convince myself not to think they just spanked 4 WSs to try and hide the nerf on the only WS that THFs were using.

Why on Earth would they also nerf the other ones... meh.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-13 10:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
I'm trying to convince myself not to think they just spanked 4 WSs to try and hide the nerf on the only WS that THFs were using.

Shark bite is really the odd ball.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-03-13 10:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Idm if we get nerfed, as long as this doesn't mean going back to the same ole SAMwagon. THFs were never meant to be THE top DD, rather a hate management tool. I will miss those uber WSs though..
[+]
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2015-03-13 10:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

well it gave something back to thief. I'm not saying they should be top uber dd but what relevance did thief have nowadays? Solo content farming. With advent of "boxes and chest" drops even th really is not all that important anymore. Give the job one thing and then strip away everything that made it decent. SE logic is amazing.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-13 13:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

we haven't even seen how big of a nerf it is yet, nowhere did they say that they were gonna revert the WS back to their previous state. you guys are being way too emo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-03-13 13:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i do wish they wouldnt nerf mercy or mandalic. they werent over doing it. just rudra was too much. and sharkbite... who was using sharkbite?
 Valefor.Neonemesis
Server: Valefor
user: Nemess
By Valefor.Neonemesis 2015-03-13 13:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Doesn't matter really, I love thief to death but thief shouldn't be a top tier dd if we step back; this 2 months has been like giving scholar or red mage afflated solace.

Have to agree with you there. Was it fun? Yeah! M I Still working on getting my Vajra? Hell yeah!
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-13 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Having shark bite in there makes me wonder if some of the weapon skills they mentioned will actually get buffed. It's not like shark bite can actually get much worst. It's damage is behind dancing edge.

But over all I think this might be a bad move on SE's part. Now that they are making thf and dnc not a top tier dd anymore there will be calls for them to actually adjust their support abilities which SE is terrible at.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-13 13:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate when ppl say "dont nerf! Buff everyone else!" Right. Because buffing 18 other jobs simultaneously yet uniquely and fairly, is like trying to hit a moving target. We wont know the repercussions of the balance adjustments for months and it'll just accelerate power creep.

SAM's issues run far deeper though. It's not just that fudo->fudo is broken(it is quite strong and self chains well), but their outrageous tp gain from stp gear, meditate gear, hassozanshin, overwhelm and all that other ridiculousnous. SAM is overpowred mostl due to how strong skillchains are, if they adjusted mob resistance or nerfed 2step skillchains to the floor(honestly if a 2step sc using the same ws did even 500 damage, that's more than enough considering how it involves no skill). Seriously self sc using the same ws should do next to nothing. You dont deserve bonus damage for it. As of now? Self sc using 2 of the same ws grants damage equivalent of a 3rd ws. Outrageous free damage.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-13 13:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf will probably still be first tier, just not 0 tier. First tier meaning on par with drk war mnk blu drg rng. Why are people catastrophizing this as if THF is suddenly going to drop to crap tier. Right now they're above 2handers. The adjustment will likely make them on par with 2handers and other heavy dd. If any job should be "top dd" it should be war only because thats literally what the job is designed to do. Damage. Drk still has enfeeblig magic, mnk has tankey abilities,blu is versatile, drg has hate shed and heals. War is literally oure damage and its annoying they arent top tier. Just how white mage is the best healer but other jobs can heal yet offer other tools, why cant war be the best damage dealer but be narrow in that they dont have other tricks/gimmicks like drg blu drk do? In almost every rpg, its the nukers and the warriors that yield best damage followed by contextual sneaky rogue/assassin types that yield hib damage under certain context/conditions(armor piercing/back stabs/stealth).
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-13 14:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
But over all I think this might be a bad move on SE's part. Now that they are making thf and dnc not a top tier dd anymore there will be calls for them to actually adjust their support abilities which SE is terrible at.

DNC is still going to be easily top tier after this adjustment. Updated Charis body will still have the Striking Flourish enhancement and be a competitive WS body on its own, and Striking mirrors the cooldown of Reverse. PK and Evis will still be well-above par. The self-SCs will continue apace.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-13 14:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by the fact that this was all in response the new spell that boosts skillchain damage, I'd wager they listed those 4 WSs because they are all candidates for SA/TA skillchain closers. Not that anyone would bother with Shark Bite right now, but it can still close a Light bigger than some other DD jobs could, I suppose.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-03-13 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Having shark bite in there makes me wonder if some of the weapon skills they mentioned will actually get buffed. It's not like shark bite can actually get much worst. It's damage is behind dancing edge.

Are you comparing them unstacked? Because Shark Bite can spike pretty high stacked, it's not Rudra but then what is. I haven't used Dancing Edge in years so I don't know how good it is.
 Lakshmi.Nebo
Server: Lakshmi
user: NeboJones
By Lakshmi.Nebo 2015-03-13 14:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Doesn't matter really, I love thief to death but thief shouldn't be a top tier dd if we step back; this 2 months has been like giving scholar or red mage afflated solace.

I don't agree with this. In every MMO I've ever played, the assasin type, back stabby jobs are all capable of massive dps.

"Thief should not be a top tier DD" makes no sense to me. Why should Thief be any less of a DD than any other melee? Damage is the only thing of real value that a Thief will bring to most events.

Their only real differentiator is that it can make another player responsible for a small portion their total WS damage.

We've seen this time and time again, year after year. If THF doesn't deal relevant damage in the content, they don't get invites.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 261 262 263