For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 262 263 264
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2014-12-21 14:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a few things I wanted to say before I hit the gym. First of all, I just got out of the shower with my *** Sandy. She's 90 pounds, 5'3 and the has the body and face of a goddess. You know how I pulled her? By being the alpha male. Something you nerds don't know ***about. All you know about is Sandungs and Treasure Hunter, while I'm out there in the club popping bottles and cheating on my *** every night with the finest dimes.

Did I *** my *** in the shower just a minute ago? Yea, it was clutch, and that *** would never cheat on a greek god looking specimen like myself, I give it to her so good. Don't believe me? Ask your girlfriend. Know what I'm saying? Face, pussy.

I am the most attractive man any of you will ever have the privilege of being amongst. I bench 240 pounds now and do 2,500 sit-ups a day. My abs are hard as a rock and my *** is the size of a cucumber. When I walk down the street I can smell your girlfriend's pussy getting wet. She wants to *** with a real boss, not a chump change coward like yourself. Just playin, you ain't even got a girl. All you got is Final Fantasy. You play that ***, imma be playing with my girls *** in the club.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-21 14:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dimes, clutch, face? 2004 was 10 years ago. You bench bitchweight. Cucumber, definitely closet bundle of sticks. All and all this dated meme I'd rate 2 out of 8, feels like a Konvict meme post.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-21 15:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
Had a few things I wanted to say before I hit the gym. First of all, I just got out of the shower with my *** Sandy. She's 90 pounds, 5'3 and the has the body and face of a goddess. You know how I pulled her? By being the alpha male. Something you nerds don't know ***about. All you know about is Sandungs and Treasure Hunter, while I'm out there in the club popping bottles and cheating on my *** every night with the finest dimes.

Did I *** my *** in the shower just a minute ago? Yea, it was clutch, and that *** would never cheat on a greek god looking specimen like myself, I give it to her so good. Don't believe me? Ask your girlfriend. Know what I'm saying? Face, pussy.

I am the most attractive man any of you will ever have the privilege of being amongst. I bench 240 pounds now and do 2,500 sit-ups a day. My abs are hard as a rock and my *** is the size of a cucumber. When I walk down the street I can smell your girlfriend's pussy getting wet. She wants to *** with a real boss, not a chump change coward like yourself. Just playin, you ain't even got a girl. All you got is Final Fantasy. You play that ***, imma be playing with my girls *** in the club.

Thats good for starters.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-12-21 15:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We could recite lines from the Forceofwill thread if that's more to your liking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2014-12-21 15:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Dimes, clutch, face? 2004 was 10 years ago. You bench bitchweight. Cucumber, definitely closet bundle of sticks. All and all this dated meme I'd rate 2 out of 8, feels like a Konvict meme post.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-21 15:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

A+, John, A+
By Nyruul 2014-12-21 15:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gd you'd think people were trying to burn a witch in here. Lets not try and condemn anyone to the fate of Prometheus..
By Eliseus 2014-12-21 19:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok bye
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-12-21 20:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Where the hell did you dig up that old copypasta of that post? I haven't seen that thing for like 5 years. Man, I don't even remember where the original was posted... some BG thread?
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2014-12-21 20:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I vaguely remember when it was posted on BG back then, but yeah. The post before mine reminded me of it and I found it through Google. Don't think it actually originated from anyone at BG, lol.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-12-21 21:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

10/10 Would read again.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-22 08:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey brah, heard you were trying to mock my persona. Lets get one thing straight here. In the evenings when you are acting like a smart *** tough guy with your buddies on forums, I'm out playing concerts for full crowds. Did I fail to mention I get paid for it and have fan girls in every city I go to? That's right I don't spend my night sucking up to web princesses. I shout psychotic ego driven lyrics that are backed by equally mental music so methodically complex it doesn't even make sense(to most.) Makes jazz look like elementary school music class. You don't like our style? That's fine, but how do you think things would turn out for a little punk like you if you ever had the balls to mouth off to a guy like me in rl? Like you do to people you don't know on the internet while safe at home behind anonymity. You see this body, you see this blend of confidence and competence? That's right you would kiss my ***! It's no joke, I could crush your body and mind like an orange. Can you even crush an orange in your hand? Your girl could have a resolve of iron but still would be no match for the heat that is the star of my accomplishments. But I don't need to try and steal no ones girls. I go after woman anyways. Oh you didn't know? I'm a thing of legend, a true pioneer in my place in music. What have you accomplished? Btw, forget your imaginary anorexic girlfriend. I bet she was still in the bathroom gagging herself with a spoon while you were typing out that crap.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Seriously though, I have no idea what this dude is like in rl. Seems to whine about woman a lot. I wonder if he has ever callused his throat...
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-12-22 13:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Cavaros Mantle with it s 3% cri thit dmg be good fo r thf now and rudra sa? OR still better with dex capes?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-22 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Would Cavaros Mantle with it s 3% cri thit dmg be good fo r thf now and rudra sa? OR still better with dex capes?
On the DPS spreadsheet I've got it beating Kayapa on TA but not SA.
By Heimdel 2014-12-22 14:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-23 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I bench 240 pounds now

Damn, I bench more than that and I don't even lift.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-23 19:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The topic of this thread is the exchange of knowledge and advice on Thief. Quit derailing.
By lhova 2014-12-24 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok back to thf talk. I really would argue that thf is the best DD in the game rignt now, especially considering incursion. I know the sample size is small but typically or ls mythic thf leads the parse by 5% or greater against our Koga Sams. Hell I'm not mythic and I'd probably be able to match our Koga Sam's output but the lag and positiioning for SA/TA RS kills my parse. I run around trying to get either behind someone or behind the MB but I typically just sit on 3000tp because I can't get the positioning. Then I end up just hitting him with capped tp for 10k plus but when I'm able to get the positioning right I typically do 20-23k on Mega boss (level 129). So my question is are you guys holding tp for optimal position for SA RS and TA RS or just spamming RS? Also I thought that I would have to hold tp til at least 1750 but not sure if I should be spamming at 1000tp. My ws avg is typically 21k and the mythic thf ws avg is 24k but I ws 7 times compared to his 12-13. I think he holds for close to 3000tp aswell.
By Ulthakptah 2014-12-26 13:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of thf tanking, what are some good sets for it? The ones in the guide are pretty old. I'm guessing they are pretty much the same just with iuitl +1 instead of NQ, but I would also like to hear about what augments I should aim for.
By Chyula 2014-12-26 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about a thf tanking, but this is what I use if I get hate.

Wkr head with pdt/mdt augment, and which head depend on acc.
neck twilight
117 bayld body with HP augment
delve acc belt (can put on that woe one if you need more pdt)
5% dt mantle from vw
hand wkr pdt/mdt augment with massive acc
leg wkr pdt/mdt augment with dex for acc
feet delve 2.0 with pdt augment
ring Dring and 7% DT ring from SoA mission
as for earring, don't really care when most stuff don't 1 shot me. except for AA EV.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-26 14:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how many thieves I watch die horribly at least once to magic damage (sup avatar HT BCs).
for the love of altana get an engulfer cape +1 (everyone should own this now, dirt cheap on AH cause of WoE surgewalk spam) or Mubvumbamiri Mantle
Flax sash is a common as dirt drop if you've been helping people get respite cloaks so thats another mdt piece.

Sanare earring for extra meva+mdb once you cap mdt with shell V is often overlooked but very nice to have.

for physical/hybrid, stuff, iuitl+1 with +acc with -pdt augment isnt too hard to get throwing +1 stones at it.
If you have stuff like Lithelimb cap and umuthi gloves in your gear selection that can fill in as pdt set, then prioritize +1 getting something like iuitl leg+1 instead, just get some amount of dt in every slot.

A cheap pdt cape that everyone should have at bare minimum is Iximulew Cape
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-26 15:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

neck twilight
5% dt mantle from vw
as for earring, don't really care when most stuff don't 1 shot me. except for AA EV.

Should be a very rare occurrence. It's not too hard to disperse your hate, even with the new update.

That being said Q body still gives more -DT than emet? Can't see at the moment.

Edit - forgot to add vanir in anything you are gonna get aga'd
By Chyula 2014-12-26 15:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugman said: »
Chyula said: »

neck twilight
5% dt mantle from vw

Should be a very rare occurrence. It's not too hard to disperse your hate, even with the new update.

That being said Q body still gives more -DT than emet? Can't see at the moment.
emat body is 5% pdt, that piece will have to wait. still work on that cure earring and pair of tancho.
By Chyula 2014-12-26 15:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I too broke to spend on mdt/pdt skirmish gear, wkr piece will do the honor. I do have other piece for body but I prefer the high acc and hp from bayld body
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-26 15:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Collaborator/accomplice when you can (personally i just spam collab when its up). TA the tank. /nin or run if you have to. I have more problems dieing on mnk with 9001 hp. Having a sch can help too.
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-26 15:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You steal the hate from the person with the most hate, you TA onto the tank. It's pretty simple. The unfortunate part (found this out the hard way) is that only the hate of the first hit of a WS is given to the target. Well there's always viper bite.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 262 263 264