For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 261 262 263
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-12-20 22:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If Valli made a THF thread he would lock it so only he can access it. Everyone else is just too stupid to comprehend anyways.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-21 00:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lemme try to play nice, if y'all are done bitchin'. I know I'm a grating, arrogant, ***, ok, even the people who pretend to like me know this.
charlo999 said: »
As I understand it valli does everything with his shell anyway. I do PUGs a lot, and I've never seen him.
So why does he care about bandwagon thf? or that all other thfs are stupid and wrong?
Doesn't affect him.
All I can tell is it must be bragging rights.
As a general rule I do -NOT- do pick up anymore. It's too random. The bad/misguided/uninformed players far outnumber the knowledgeable. Also, /seacomming is a TERRIBLE system for lotting.

I don't do anything (just) for bragging rights.

The THF bandwagon ***, is for YOUR OWN BENEFIT. THF is not a SAM it is not MNK or RNG. You can play mnk sam rng blindfolded. Not so much with thf, very low HP (comparatively), and DT options are limited (less now but still). I HATE bandwagoners. It's nothing personal, I get it you want to play the flavor of the month. I wish people would find the job THEY ENJOY instead of just doing what everyone tells you to do every update.

NeboJones said: »
Thing is, it hasn't even been close to that for me. I's usualy just a few K more damage to hold.
When you use proper sets, it's amazing how much of a difference things CAN make. The difference between a 1k Rudra and a 2k Rudra is pretty huge, and 3k is wtfbroken. A THF shouldn't be spamming ws at 1k like a SAM, it's inefficient. It's not the THF's role to pretend to be SAM even though Rudras is disgusting right now.

Eliseus said: »
I'd like to thank Valli for actually providing more than just people are dumb responses, though like many others said, there is variables where one could beat the other or your gear sets. I do applaud you though for starting to create coherent thoughts, to bad the end of your response still showed how much of an arrogant tool you are.

I'd also like to point out that no one is really disagreeing with you in the first place, just when a question is posed, you basically use your ignorance to tell people that they should of just naturally *** off. If you think you are so elite and God of thiefs, make a thread like other people have suggested to help all the "noobs" out there instead of complaining you have to keep repeating yourself. Though I've been keeping up with this thread for a while now and you don't repeat yourself as much as you think. You tend to talk like this "you are dumb I am right", then when someone responds to you, you say "I'm not repeating myself for the thousandth time". Repeating what? That we are dumb and you are right? Because that seems to be your logical basis for arguing.
Variables/Situations are so widespread there is never a definitive answer. But there are general guidelines, with exceptions.
Odin.Sheelay said: »
If Valli made a THF thread he would lock it so only he can access it. Everyone else is just too stupid to comprehend anyways.
I like you~ That would be something I would do lol.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-21 01:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with being an arrogant ***. Problem is, you don't know enough about the job to warrant your arrogance.
[+]
By Voren 2014-12-21 02:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I wish people would find the job THEY ENJOY instead of just doing what everyone tells you to do every update.

The problem is that some people may have to stand around waiting to get people who don't care that their particular job isn't one of the omgawesomesauce jobs that are being used. I wasn't able to get a run on NNI on THF, so I switched to SAM and it was gimp as hell, but had an easier time getting a run.

With shouts for PLD/RNG/BRD/WHM/SCH and the like THF just wasn't wanted, granted this was a few months ago, but it's still discouraging none the less.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-21 02:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Nothing wrong with being an arrogant ***. Problem is, you don't know enough about the job to warrant your arrogance.

And I say the same thing about you. We've had this discussion before. Been a THF longer than you. Mandau before you. Twashtar before you. Vajra before you. Capped merits before you. Capped Job Points before you. So, chill the *** out. Take your douchebaggery somewhere else.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-12-21 02:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
As far as my part in this circus is concerned, demonstrating Rudra's practical superiority is unnecessary. I acknowledge that it's probably the case(I've neither asserted nor calculated to the contrary). My one and only position is, and always has been, that Dasva was not wrong in saying that if at a given time you decide to use Evisceration where you otherwise would have used Rudra's, you'll sometimes end up doing more damage by virtue of crits. Which is, again, why demonstrating that one averages higher than the other is entirely irrelevant. I'm referencing a deviation.

To be fair, I do understand Valli's frustration with the fact that this is even a conversation. NOBODY SHOULD CARE whether Evisceration occasionally does more damage than Rudra's. Doesn't matter if it's true, it's utterly irrelevant. At worst, it actually serves to potentially confuse readers who don't quite understand the discussion and why anyone is making a big deal about potentially larger numbers (from an insignificant sample size, of ONE in this case).

To put it in terms of a different example:
It's also true that if Sandung crits on a normal melee hit it can do more damage than Vajra on a single randomly selected hit. But it would be foolish to even talk about that in the first place, right?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-12-21 03:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread make me hope they nerf thf.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-12-21 03:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

And I say the same thing about you. We've had this discussion before. Been a THF longer than you. Mandau before you. Twashtar before you. Vajra before you. Capped merits before you. Capped Job Points before you. So, chill the *** out. Take your douchebaggery somewhere else.

To be fair playing the job has nothing to do with a legitimate understanding of Math.

And I can say this full well knowing that THF is not only my favorite job, but a job i played during beta, up until about a year ago when I sailed away... and all of this love for the job and I still have to come here to make sure my goals for best sets line up with the current best sets people who understand math go for. (they usually do, but I still check)

Also don't think I'm saying this because I'm one of the bandwagon sheep haters too, I'm not. If anything I find it as displeasing and interruption of discussions as pointless, if not more so, than any amount of perceived rage flailing. Cause its not only arrogant circle jerking, but hypocrisy.

As far as thia argument, I believe Averages > Randoms, so even at 100%(*** the decimal :3) I'd still use Rudra's... but I can't tell what the argument is anymore.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-12-21 04:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Though as a tiny exception, pure spreadsheets do not always have the right answers, as spreadsheets are based on pure DPS, no switching to DT gear, no getting knocked out of range, no paralyze, always hasted, etc. And some gearsets will get effected differently than others in real fights. But generally, the spreadsheets do show the superior setting.

And honestly, I wonder where you long time career THF's were on the forums a decade ago, I sure don't recognize too many names, and I was on the IGN boards, Alla, KI...Karbuncle looks familiar but not really specific to THF.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-21 04:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
As far as my part in this circus is concerned, demonstrating Rudra's practical superiority is unnecessary. I acknowledge that it's probably the case(I've neither asserted nor calculated to the contrary). My one and only position is, and always has been, that Dasva was not wrong in saying that if at a given time you decide to use Evisceration where you otherwise would have used Rudra's, you'll sometimes end up doing more damage by virtue of crits. Which is, again, why demonstrating that one averages higher than the other is entirely irrelevant. I'm referencing a deviation.

To be fair, I do understand Valli's frustration with the fact that this is even a conversation. NOBODY SHOULD CARE whether Evisceration occasionally does more damage than Rudra's. Doesn't matter if it's true, it's utterly irrelevant. At worst, it actually serves to potentially confuse readers who don't quite understand the discussion and why anyone is making a big deal about potentially larger numbers (from an insignificant sample size, of ONE in this case).

To put it in terms of a different example:
It's also true that if Sandung crits on a normal melee hit it can do more damage than Vajra on a single randomly selected hit. But it would be foolish to even talk about that in the first place, right?

Are you sure of what youre talking about?

None ever discussed this ***. It was valli that brought from OF a context just to make fun of it, like anyone care. And it took 3 post to become clear wtf he was talking about.

Talking to valli isnt about mechanims anymore. Its always about offenses. Try rereading all posts so far, and check how many posts are about mechanics and how many posts are toward vallis offences, defenses and free violence.

But on that matter, if someone bring something to discuss, its valid to discuss that thing. If someone get "frustrated", hes more than welcome to not to join the discussion, after all, i hope everyone here is free to talk or not to talk about something.

And lol to you about the frustrated part. Too naive. He already said by himself he likes to seek attention, be it good or bad, as well i feel like he has some sadomasochism tastes. He enjoys to inflict and receive pain.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2014-12-21 05:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What Trust do you guys prefer to Skillchain with when using Rudras Storm and why?

I know a lot of Trusts out there wait for you to WS before they try to close your WS.... Highly annoying...

Please share your oppinions.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-12-21 06:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Warviper said: »
What Trust do you guys prefer to Skillchain with when using Rudras Storm and why?

I know a lot of Trusts out there wait for you to WS before they try to close your WS.... Highly annoying...

What are you fighting that survives a Rudra's Storm and would get any benefit from a skillchain that your trust can actually hit?
[+]
By charlo999 2014-12-21 06:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this for damage dealing or ws trials?
If it's for DDing then I can't ago me anything beating capped haste from brdx2 and kuro.
If it's for trials ayame I've heard always waits with tp to skillchain.
If it's for just messing around then idk.
By iobox 2014-12-21 06:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop acting so sassy Valli you great account buyer. Everyone knows you bought that account you have as your old mithra was a diffrent model or are you going to try and deny this now?

You and your one mule farming sparks in rala all day is not enough to warrant all the spending you do mr gil buyer, just go back to the ***server you came from and take that asswipe you brought with you, change your name, your reputation on here is done.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-21 07:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

For god sake...
DONT FEED RMTs.......
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-21 07:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't somebody think of poor Starcade?!
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2014-12-21 07:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »

What are you fighting that survives a Rudra's Storm and would get any benefit from a skillchain that your trust can actually hit?

Im trying to solo (with Trusts) Cowl Hippogryff NM for instance (except for that last part: that your trust can actually hit?)

So far ive gotten it down to around 20% hp before Koru runs out of MP and i die.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-21 07:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »

Im trying to solo (with Trusts) Cowl Hippogryff NM for instance (except for that last part: that your trust can actually hit?)

So far ive gotten it down to around 20% hp before Koru runs out of MP and i die.

I dont know amything about trusts, but if your trust closes your skillchain, what about using reverse flourish, and provided youre hasted, make a 3 steps skillchain?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-21 07:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayame will learn what WS you use and open for you. I have not tried it yet, but may be worth it
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-21 08:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh yeah, dont know about using melees on the hippo, but less dodgey stuff, but where you still need the SC damage. I know you can almost take out Valkurm unity NM w/ a SATA Rudras that closes a darkness

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-21 10:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly do not even see the point in all the back and forth, This drama isn't even as entertaining is it normally is.

Can we just be a THF community that helps one another after all these years we are finally in the conversation of DDing and this is how we plan to enjoy it? >No Thanks<

Just let people have his/her opinions if it's BS just provide your opinion and allow the community to decide who they want to go with.

Red mage was my first 75 only for the purpose of end gaming but THF was my real passion and my next 75 and I still have that same passion for it till this day. that doesn't make me a better THF than any of you but I do know I am a damn good one. You people need to humble yourselves big time.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-21 10:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

UM... Ahh... No!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-21 10:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not start to insult others here. Don't want to start removing people from a guide.

This is to everyone as friendly advice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-21 12:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people use assassin charge rudra storm?
By Chyula 2014-12-21 12:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

Go back to spaming fudo!
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-12-21 12:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes you just want to watch the dumpster fire burn....
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-12-21 13:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Won't somebody think of poor Starcade?!

"Playing with my girls titties in da club"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 261 262 263