Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-09-25 16:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Id rather use engulfer+1 for mdt and bdt and repulse for pdt.

edit : or mubv mantle + nq engulfer if no +1 yet.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-25 16:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Sylph.Krsone said: »
Id rather use engulfer+1 for mdt and bdt and repulse for pdt.
Are you sure engulfer works for breath damage? Hmmm
I'd assume not.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-09-25 16:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was tested and Martel? showed a screenshot on bg of an absorbed arrogance incarnate from engulfer. Besides it also has 30hp and you dont really need an exclusive bdt build for THF the only piece id change from my mdt build for bdt is shadow ring to 6 bdt dark ring.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-25 17:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
I thought it was tested and Martel? showed a screenshot on bg of an absorbed arrogance incarnate from engulfer. Besides it also has 30hp and you dont really need an exclusive bdt build for THF the only piece id change from my mdt build for bdt is shadow ring to 6 bdt dark ring.
Hmm I've just seen that image of an absorbed arrogance incarnate but it definitely isn't affected by MDT, so w/e reason for that, it looks like Engulfer is a good option for breath damage then.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-09-25 23:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
It seems every couple pages people need to be reminded, or they simply don't care. The difference in best and second best is usually single digit DPS, aka: negligible at best.

The value:gain ratio for something like a 10m belt for 1 dps gain, is just plain stupid. I'm sorry. Yes obviously it's "better" is it "10,000,000 gil better" absolutely not. If you have one already, go ahead use it. If you give zero *** about value:gain ratio, go ahead use it.

A scenario is always helpful when you're asking for advice, btw.

On a Dynamis DC:
Shetal belt: 428.289
Patentia: 419.636
Windbuffet +1: 399.692
Chiner +1 : 389.797

However, there is no category for "triple attack damage plus" this needs to be added to the spreadsheet by montenten, though he's probably sick of me asking him to add things. Theoretically with TA+ Windbuffet vs Chiner might literally be a 1 dps change, but still inferior to DW+. In a soloing scenario.

In a party scenario:

Windbuffet +1: 386.758
Metalsinger: 382.416
Patentia: 381.066 (devauled dw due to march)
Chiner +1: 377.192
Anguinus: 373.288
No belt at all: 362.998

If there was a "triple attack damage plus" calculation/category, I could easily see chiner being best in slot, possibly.

These numbers are quite low, are you only looking at melee DPS? Not going to exactly be accurate when most of these belt's relevant stats are for increasing WS frequency, not melee DPS.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-25 23:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The Engulfer vs. Arrogance Incarnate picture was me:

I think the confusion is that Engulfer/Shadow Ring and any absorb item (like sachets, WKR capes) can activate on anything that isn't purely physical, rather than explicitly magical damage. I vividly recall Shadow Ring preventing breath damage from Tiamat back in the day as well.

I use Engulfer/Shadow Ring full time on enemies like Hurkan, even on THF, since nearly all of his attacks are magical (though I don't know if any are breath).
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-09-25 23:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

To be more specific, I get Patentia ahead of Shetal in terms of overall DPS, despite Shetal obviously being ahead in melee DPS. And it doesn't really matter whether you're in Dynamis or doing something else with similar ratios/buffs, that is irrelevant (unless you specifically mentioned "in a situation where you aren't WS'ing").

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-26 00:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I had posted, then reflected a moment, and realized how little I minded what people do. If I cared, I'd be the one who made the guide. Someone should take it over.

Wear what you feel is better, if it costs more money, it has to be best in slot. Especially if you need to spend millions on augmenting it, always remember that.

Just tired of arguing.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-26 00:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Can modify data tab for TA Damage. There's an If rule in place that already handles the current available gear up to Plunderer's +1, so you can modify it to include Chiner's +1, you could edit NQ Chiner's in the Gear Lists tab to have the stats of HQ and put the TA damage % in the data tab without changing the given name and it will pick up on it automatically, or you could just delete the whole rule and put in whatever constant % you want if you're feeling really angsty.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-26 00:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh I never *** with the data tab, was simply looking for it in the gear section, and there was no dmg+ area to put +% my mistake.
 Valefor.Vaeria
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Vaeria 2014-09-26 14:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello again guys, just had a quick question!

I have updated my gear to:
ItemSet 328607

However, it was mentioned back in those previous posts to add augments to Quiahuiz trousers, and Atoyac dagger. My question is... How? I haven't been able to find anything referring to HOW to upgrade/augments etc. No one is on my LS atm so I am unable to ask them since it's day time and everyones at work.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-26 14:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested to see if Chiner's+1 stacks up, haven't had time to play with the spreadsheet to get accurate estimates. I'd assume Windbuffet/+1 still wins in capped delay reduction scenarios, DW belts when aren't capped - but I haven't really delved into the numbers.

One note regardless: Windbuffet+1 has the distinct advantage of being really good for tons of jobs. Chiner's+1 is really only going to perform decently for THF. For me, Windbuffet+1 is the best option a significant amount of the time for every single one of my 9 lv99 jobs, so I really didn't mind shelling out for it.

Valefor.Vaeria said: »
However, it was mentioned back in those previous posts to add augments to Quiahuiz trousers, and Atoyac dagger. My question is... How? I haven't been able to find anything referring to HOW to upgrade/augments etc. No one is on my LS atm so I am unable to ask them since it's day time and everyones at work.

Like Isiolia said below while I was editing this post ;) ...

You need the temporary key items from Wildskeeper Reives (must have appropriate RoE "Content" -> "Wildskeeper Reive" quest on at the time the Naakual dies to get the KI). Then you can trade the item to Prah Janimhar, an NPC outside the Inventor's Coalition and she'll use the KI to add augments of your choice.

You get to pick two augments per WKR weapon/armor:
1) choice of three augments that are the same for any KI (OAT/Acc/Macc for weapons, HP&MP/PDT&MDT/Haste&Snapshot for armor)
2) choice of three augments specific to the KI

Full augment list is at: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Prah_Janimhar

Basically, for melee weapons you want OAT augment. It's a massive amount, ~40%. So, really awesome on any content where you don't need high accuracy (in which case an ilevel 119 weapon with higher skill and acc may be a better call).

For THF, the most relevant choices include:
- OAT/crit Atoyac (Hurkan KI)
- Haste/STR Uk'uxkaj Cap (Achuka KI)
- Haste/STR Quiahuiz Trousers (Achuka KI)
- ???/??? Kaabnax Trousers (several reasonable choices here, depending on intended use)
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-09-26 14:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

When you do a Wildskeeper Reive, be sure to set the Records of Eminence objective related to it. If you do, when you win, you get a key item (unless you're already in possession of it).

One use for these KIs is to collect all six (currently), and trade them in for a WKR drop from Eternal Flame. The other is to head to Prah Janimhar at the Inventor's coalition, and use the KI to augment an item (just trade her the item and it'll initiate it).
 Valefor.Vaeria
By Valefor.Vaeria 2014-09-26 14:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Great! Thanks guys, looks like I'll be waiting around for some WKR shouts.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-26 14:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Great! Thanks guys, looks like I'll be waiting around for some WKR shouts.

BTW, your gear is coming along nicely! One quick and easy suggestion: you're capping haste without any from belt slot, so Twilight is only giving you DA+2%.

Windbuffet is an easy and significant upgrade (TA+2%/QA+1%). NQ belt is pretty cheap these days as people are selling it off because Windbuffet+1 just became available.

Sometimes Windbuffet/+1 will be best for THF, sometimes a Dual Wield belt (Patentia Sash, Shetal Stone, Nusku's Sash) will be best. But in any case, Windbuffet is good and is a step up from your current set.
 Valefor.Vaeria
By Valefor.Vaeria 2014-09-26 20:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I will look into those belts as well. Thank you again for the tip. Also, the haste cap is what? 26% I think... I haven't looked recently x_x

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-27 00:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Equipment haste cape is 25%, though technically it's wise to wear 26% because the pieces of gear don't actually give percentages, but rather fractions. That is, the cap is really 256/1024, and each piece gives x/1024, with their % value being an approximation. Really, though, you're within ten thousandths of the cap if your gear doesn't hit that, so you probably won't even notice a difference.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-30 15:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've started working on updating my thief, as it has excellent synergy with dancer. What should my priority be for 119'ing AF1/AF2? I currently don't have anything even 109'ed, so it'll take me a week or two to catch up.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-30 17:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to say without knowing what else you have (ie: Qaaxo), but noteworthy pieces are:

- AF hands: boosts Trick and crit damage (fodder and WS piece)
- AF legs: crit damage, attack, and accuracy (worth wearing fulltime)
- AF head: crit damage and accuracy (good for WS)
- Relic feet: Triple attack rate and damage bonus (worth using fulltime unless you are hurting for accuracy)
- AF/Relic body: it depends-- AF offers highest acc and crit damage, while relic offers crit rate/damage, more STR/DEX/AGI, and the Ambush bonus of 1% triple attack per merit. I personally think you can get less costly accuracy options if you're not willing to upgrade the AF. This one is gonna depend on the things you use THF for, your merits, and overall playstyle.
- Relic hands: TH+3, but also they have exceptional evasion and decent accuracy.

I'd prioritize them based on what you can get, and what slots are currently your weakest. I would say the AF hands are probably the best piece to start with since the Trick Attack boost is substantial, and Beryllium Ingots are pretty cheap on our server.

Post deleted by User.
By fractalvoid 2014-09-30 21:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
That's like thf getting mms+50 on relic hands and ranger gets mms+30. Rangers would flip their ***lol

shits have already been flipped my friend
 Asura.Dakenx
Server: Asura
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-09-30 22:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you still using evasion sets for? Most low level content its not worth the inventory spot, and you aren't evasion tanking high level things right? I used to be all about evasion sets but now that everything is 119 and THF doesn't have proper evasion bonus trait or.skill for that level I gave up on my evasion sets and have been just using a capped DT set, I also have a pocket mage if that makes a difference. Just wondering if you are doing anything that would tempt me to make a 119 evasion set. Thanks
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 262 263 264