Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dakenx
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-09-30 22:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks I can do the same with DT just wanted to make sure. Thanks for quick response!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Tharon
Server: Leviathan
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2014-10-01 02:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm not sure if this is the correct spot for this, but it's late and this is where i landed. XD

I just recently picked up my Vajra, and doing it's trials as i type away. Was wanting some friendly advice as to some gear options and what i should be aiming for when AM3 is active and when it is not.

Thanks in advace. :D
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-10-01 02:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When AM3 is active, make sure you have 25-26% in haste, enough DW to hit attack delay cap with your given buffs, enough acc to hit the mob 90-95% of the time and put the rest in QA/TA/DA, atk, crit rate.

For Mandalic Stab, stack as much DEX as you can and remember to stack it with SA and/or TA.

No need to thank me.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-01 10:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Hard to say without knowing what else you have (ie: Qaaxo), but noteworthy pieces are:

- AF hands: boosts Trick and crit damage (fodder and WS piece)
- AF legs: crit damage, attack, and accuracy (worth wearing fulltime)
- AF head: crit damage and accuracy (good for WS)
- Relic feet: Triple attack rate and damage bonus (worth using fulltime unless you are hurting for accuracy)
- AF/Relic body: it depends-- AF offers highest acc and crit damage, while relic offers crit rate/damage, more STR/DEX/AGI, and the Ambush bonus of 1% triple attack per merit. I personally think you can get less costly accuracy options if you're not willing to upgrade the AF. This one is gonna depend on the things you use THF for, your merits, and overall playstyle.
- Relic hands: TH+3, but also they have exceptional evasion and decent accuracy.

I'd prioritize them based on what you can get, and what slots are currently your weakest. I would say the AF hands are probably the best piece to start with since the Trick Attack boost is substantial, and Beryllium Ingots are pretty cheap on our server.

Thanks for this. My thief is going to be used for Dyna/Salvage right now, not seeing where I'd use the job other than that. Hands and then feet/legs are really weak right now. I have dancer geared but most slots are AF1/AF2 119 so no Qaaxo. Looks like I'll do AF1 hands, then AF2 feet, and then work from there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-10-07 11:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Donar Gun

DMG:103 Delay:548 DEX+5 AGI+5 Ranged Accuracy+27 Marksmanship skill +228 Enmity-3 "Recycle"+10% Lightning elemental Magic Atk. Bonus +15

THF, RNG, NIN, COR

Decimating Bullet

DMG:220 Delay:240 Ranged Accuracy+10 Ranged Attack+5 THF, RNG, NIN, COR

THF can use guns now? lol

And some new toys for Aeolian Edge, lol.

Levante Dagger

DMG:95 Delay:183 AGI+15 Accuracy+27 Attack+15 Evasion+27 Dagger skill +228 Parrying skill +228 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Wind elemental "Magic Atk. BONUS"+15 "Subtle Blow"+8 Additional effect: Silence

WAR, BLM, RDM, THF, PLD, DRK, BST, BRD, RNG, SAM, NIN, DRG, SMN, SCH, GEO

Nilas Gloves

DEF:89 HP+45 MP+20 STR+11 DEX+35 VIT+32 AGI+5 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17 Attack+15 "Magic Atk. BONUS"+15 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+5% Enmity+5 "Double Attack"+2%

MNK, THF, BST, RNG, NIN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, RUN
 Cerberus.Mooranis
Server: Cerberus
user: Mooranis
By Cerberus.Mooranis 2014-10-07 12:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why give a Thf a club (Eosuchus Club) and his skill is d+. I recently got this NICE Club but my main is Thf, (BOO to you if you think Thief is just a job to farm with. My LS hates when I off hand this weapon although using my relic (119) is far better I still like to thrash about using a club in my off hand with 130 dmg. Why give a thf a club?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-10-07 12:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mooranis said: »
Why give a Thf a club (Eosuchus Club) and his skill is d+. I recently got this NICE Club but my main is Thf, (BOO to you if you think Thief is just a job to farm with. My LS hates when I off hand this weapon although using my relic (119) is far better I still like to thrash about using a club in my off hand with 130 dmg. Why give a thf a club?

They are preparing us for 119 Abyssea procs so we don't have to use level 1 weapons lol.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-10-07 21:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This club is the remake of Titan's Cudgel. Back in the days of Sky this was a pretty popular item for a THF to use as the combination of SA with a blunt-damage single-hit WS (True Srike) was especially brutal against magic pots, which you brought THF's for since you needed a drop from them. It was a novelty piece back then and they're just keeping with that today.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-08 01:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Donar Gun

DMG:103 Delay:548 DEX+5 AGI+5 Ranged Accuracy+27 Marksmanship skill +228 Enmity-3 "Recycle"+10% Lightning elemental Magic Atk. Bonus +15

THF, RNG, NIN, COR

Decimating Bullet

DMG:220 Delay:240 Ranged Accuracy+10 Ranged Attack+5 THF, RNG, NIN, COR

THF can use guns now? lol

Are you saying that like "Well I guess we have a gun now.. yay?" or "I didn't know THF could use guns". I'm going with A, but I require clarification sir.

Quote:
Nilas Gloves

DEF:89 HP+45 MP+20 STR+11 DEX+35 VIT+32 AGI+5 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17 Attack+15 "Magic Atk. BONUS"+15 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+5% Enmity+5 "Double Attack"+2%

I lub you Ocelot gloves :I

Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »

This club is the remake of Titan's Cudgel. Back in the days of Sky this was a pretty popular item for a THF to use as the combination of SA with a blunt-damage single-hit WS (True Srike) was especially brutal against magic pots, which you brought THF's for since you needed a drop from them. It was a novelty piece back then and they're just keeping with that today.

EY, i had a True Strike build :O

Was fun for some things... skeletons for one, it was nearly required if you didnt want to cry yourself to sleep at your damage. Was useful in Apollyon and stuff on certain floors too.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-08 06:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have asked this before in another thread but it went unanswered so I thought that perhaps the thief forum would be the more appropriate place to ask this.

With Feint, do you have to have the relic legs equipped as you activate the ability or as you strike the mob?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-10-08 06:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So, umm, I just noticed THF has an offhand with magic damage+100 now.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-10-08 07:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have asked this before in another thread but it went unanswered so I thought that perhaps the thief forum would be the more appropriate place to ask this.

With Feint, do you have to have the relic legs equipped as you activate the ability or as you strike the mob?

When you strike the mob with Feint.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-08 07:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

When you strike the mob with Feint.
Cool that's what I expected, only realised recently it wasn't implemented in my Gearswap, thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-10-08 08:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Nilas Gloves

I lub you Ocelot gloves :I

Best Aeolian Edge hands in the game now. And not bad for fodder TP builds if you don't have Nomkahpa mittens +1. 3 less STR, 1 more DEX, and 1 less double attack.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-10-08 08:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone put together a ranged gearset, yet? We're getting xbows and guns, I'm thinking of playing COR as a side job, so looking to get my ranged on.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-08 08:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone put together a ranged gearset, yet? We're getting xbows and guns, I'm thinking of playing COR as a side job, so looking to get my ranged on.
I have somewhat of a ranged gearset for throwing, never particularly geared for marksmanship although I suspect it would just be a few additions (Sigyn hands for example).
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-10-08 16:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There are multiple sites you can use to search for gear
http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item#adv
http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/

For a ranged accuracy set, just look for gear that has the most ranged accuracy on it while keeping AGI in mind.

Leaving daggers alone, you can get a bit over 900racc before buffs/food.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-08 17:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey~

Not looked through all of this minus the main page, does someone here have a link to OPTIMAL BiS sets for Solo and Group play for Max DD (TH sets are easy to consider) along with JA stuff etc, OP seems a little dated or incorrect on some pieces (I may has missread some pieces so please correct if I'm wrong, THF is not something I've taken super seriously before)
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-09 01:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I find great joy in playing around in low level events with Last Stand...

Anyway, while I can't give you BiS for every piece, I'd say its safe to assume these pieces you might want to get

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28005/alrunas-gloves-1
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28310/vanir-boots
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11552/libeccio-mantle
By Davorin 2014-10-09 01:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why anyone would make a Last Stand set for THF, but it seems QQ sets haven't changed much. If you're good enough to use THF for Incurion, keep stacking accuracy as you need it for that.

If you need acc for COR, etc ***, do that. But, as far as THF is concerned, don't do that.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-09 01:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
I don't understand why anyone would make a Last Stand set for THF

For practical purposes its pretty much pointless, but for this foreign alien concept called "Fun", its actually quite tops. Subjectively.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-10-09 08:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 309771

This is what I've been using lately, trying to keep max TH in mind. I could push over 900 if I used Sandung and vanir boots instead. This set isn't based around damage though, strictly ranged accuracy for landing Acid Bolts.

I haven't really looked at hands or belt slot, though. Alruna's gloves look pretty solid and probably elanid belt, as well.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-10-09 13:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol probably the less busy days at work but.....since when mandau aftermath is broken?
By Chyula 2014-10-09 13:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For practical purposes its pretty much pointless, but for this foreign alien concept called "Fun", its actually quite tops. Subjectively.

must be fun carrying all those junks with limited inventory space just for the purpose of I can hit a few K damage on a low level ***that no one really care even if your melee SMN can hit a few K. in the old days thf carried a range set for drain bolts only for soloing NMs, but the game completely changed with no new timed NM or the need to drain hp with the introduction of trust. I don't know why thf still carrying a range set.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-09 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

must be fun carrying all those junks with limited inventory space just for the purpose of I can hit a few K damage on a low level ***that no one really care even if your melee SMN can hit a few K. in the old days thf carried a range set for drain bolts only for soloing NMs, but the game completely changed with no new timed NM or the need to drain hp with the introduction of trust. I don't know why thf still carrying a range set.

Acid bolts in Incursion for Defence -10% if you don't think -10% defence on a target is good then you are dead to me.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-09 14:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I haven't really looked at hands or belt slot, though. Alruna's gloves look pretty solid and probably elanid belt, as well.
Buremte Gloves are a fairly easy to get option for hands, but Alruna's +1 would be ideal. Vanir Booties are best in feet, and Thurandaut Tights +1 for legs. It does seem like Elanid Belt is the only real choice for waist, though.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2014-10-09 14:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Manibozho gloves B, Libeccio mantle and Scopuli nails +1 are a good combo.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-10-09 14:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Acid bolts in Incursion for Defence -10% if you don't think -10% defence on a target is good then you are dead to me.

-12.5%
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 261 262 263