isn't am3 well known to be 40% oa2 and 20% oa3
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-06 12:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The OAX values on the spreadsheet were never messed up, you have just now broken them yourself. It's 60% chance of OAX with 66.6% chance of OA2 and 33.3% chance of OA3.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-06 16:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Quote:
The August patch is on its way!

The August patch will introduce the second chapter to Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, a new area, and new battle content.

Of course, it doesn't end there. This patch will also be jammed-packed with goodies, including the final quest in the adventures of the Tarutaru Sauce duo, new alter egos, new Unities, new methods to further enhance hexed equipment, as well as balance and adjustments to jobs, existing content and quests, and a bevy of other improvements.

Finally, new quality of life improvements will include the ability to retain equipment set macros server-side as well as the ability to view status effects applied to party members.

Keep an eye out for more details on this version update as August approaches!
Yeah, I have to stop slacking on my alchemy. Get the rest of the Skill+ guild point items and finish getting it to 110. Them mages will need their refresh idle gear. Also the hands will probably be OP for smn.
Actually now that I think of it, they probably won't increase the bloodpact damage on the gloves above 7, so Helios would still be better. Guess The only thing I would make that is good is the head for hopefully more refresh.

Khepri body and legs would still look nice 119. +5% WSD with a ton of Dex/Str, and the pants already have 12 Dex on them and that's already more than any ilvl piece I can think of.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-06 16:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy there tiger, was just trying to explain it more clearly since I'm going by what it sounds like you've put in your spreadsheet. On the setup page, there's a thing for marking Aftermath 3 as active, which refers to those Aftermath values that only appear on Vajra (and as following mythic rules, only work when mainhanded).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-07 03:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Refresh+3 on the head would be bananas lol
Maybe I'll eventually get off my arse and craft some of those, so far it seems I only got 110 alchemy for the hell of it. Oh and that random Debilis Medallion I crafted while skilling up, that was a nice surprise.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-07-07 09:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Josiahkf said: »
Refresh+3 on the head would be bananas lol
Maybe I'll eventually get off my arse and craft some of those, so far it seems I only got 110 alchemy for the hell of it. Oh and that random Debilis Medallion I crafted while skilling up, that was a nice surprise.
They are quite a pain currently with low amounts of materials and extremely low demand. I made two at once and sold one for 30m instantly and sat on the other for a month eventually selling it for 20m... I'm hoping that this update makes Hexed a big market again and also offers alternate ways to get Squama or it is going to be very expensive because who does legion.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-07 09:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Squama is certainly the reason I never made any of the hexed gear outside situations where people provided the mats.

A few times farming Verthandi and getting no squama is very off-putting.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-07 11:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's something that could use a Rhapsody KI. Make upgrading crystals not have such a horrible rate. Respawn times could also use a tweak.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-07 11:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Um, that's very assuming and condemning all in one fell statement. Did you practice to be that mean in a single statement or does it come naturally? I never changed any of the OAX values until I just noticed they are missing, so no I didn't break them myself, there were none listed for any of the vajra so I must've just deleted all these spreadsheet values in my sleep or something right. I was hoping you'd post a reply with the real OAT values since you are an owner and they are not listed on any wiki but I didn't need to be treated that way, so my reaction should come as no surprise. Thanks for the info, but I could do without the attitude problems.

Aftermath
By Pankas 2015-07-07 12:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya fellow sneak attackers,

Wondering where do you put blurred knife and blurred knife +1 in dagger hierarchy, before i go and spend lots of gil or time on it.
Thanks
By dustinfoley 2015-07-07 12:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Note that its a Su2 weapon before you get it, if you dont have the JP already its not worth it, by the time you get the JP you will have better weapons.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-07 12:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider the following for Blurred Knives:
- The added effect for Haste will only really help you solo (Dynamis and Salvage).
- Considering the rarity, you would probably spend less making a Mandau or perfect augment Ipetam than getting a +1.
- Both offer practically nothing for stats compared to other knives, making them weaker choices than even Sandung for WS.
- The HQ has less DMG and delay than an Atoyac, and you wouldn't get that second augment, making it much worse for weaker content.

Bottom line: Not worth it
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-07 12:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do SE keep bringing out equipment that's beaten by easier to obtain/cheaper alternatives before it's even been added.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-07-07 18:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just recently completed my Vajra and was wondering how much of a difference there is between conventional stacked/unstacked Rudra builds and stacked/unstacked Mandalic Stab builds with the mythic weapon.

Does the WS boost from Vajra give it the advantage over other WSs when unstacked or should I still hold onto other WS (other than for SC purposes)?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-07-07 19:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not actually sure, maybe someone who knows the spreadsheets better. What I don't know is if the spreadsheet counts the 30% WS Dmg for Mandalic Stab or not.

It does. "Data" sheet, H263:M263.

Even if you don't have any clue about spreadsheets whatsoever, you can check such obvious things easily by seeing if WS damage increases immensely when switching from e. g. Ipetam to Vajra.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-07-07 22:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not a bad idea, but hardly fool proof, especially since the base damage of the daggers vary as well as many other variables, so no it's not obvious, I'm a programmer and I've seen thinking like that cause huge problems. Assuming one change of input when there's multiple variables means one thing isn't really a good thing to do. At best if I'd thought to do that, it would've been an indication, and it would've been a good indication, but it is not foolproof at all and can cause problems if you assume based on such. It working sometimes just makes it worse for when it doesn't. Thanks for saving me some time since you're familiar with the spreadsheets.

You're welcome. How do you use such a "black box" with that much scepticism and still believe in its result.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-08 01:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
So I just recently completed my Vajra and was wondering how much of a difference there is between conventional stacked/unstacked Rudra builds and stacked/unstacked Mandalic Stab builds with the mythic weapon.

Does the WS boost from Vajra give it the advantage over other WSs when unstacked or should I still hold onto other WS (other than for SC purposes)?
What Rudra's has in 20% higher DEX mod and a greater amount of fTP, Mandalic makes up for with the 30% Vajra bonus and the insane +75% attack bonus. Unstacked, Vajra Mandalic (and Evisceration with Aftermath 3 up) will regularly perform better than Rudra's. Stacked, the two perform around the same, though Rudra's has the overall advantage in 3000% (though bearing in mind 3000% is not worth saving to in most situations, not counting making AM3). This generally holds true for anything that isn't level 99 and lower, or when you have massive attack boosts (GEO and/or COR). You'll likely find Mandalic to be the more consistent of the two.

One of the nicer things is that you have an incredibly strong option for a Fusion WS now, and boosting Evis improves your Grav option too. Depending on your WS frequency, you can close/continue all sorts of great SCs, especially if you're familiar with the properties of WSs your allies are using ($10 says they are spamming their empy WS though).

Also, a last note, the spreadsheets are up-to-date with stuff regarding Mythics. Only major things missing are new gears (notably Empy which has set bonuses unlike other 119 gear), JPs, Gifts, and other modifications like the WS changes.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-08 09:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of empy, what is the rate of the set bonus? I was thinking about it when I was adding sets for when I larceny mighty strikes. What I have now is it to used my Stacked SA set for weaponskills, and throw on some crit damage+ items for the tp set. However I was wondering if the full empy set +1 would be better for white damage when Mighty Strikes is on.

Also on attack, is it possible/worth it to land the defense down debuff from gashing bolts onto higher mobs where you wouldn't have capped attack?

Edit: Additional thought, when I have mighty strikes would it just be best to ws at 1000tp with mandalic stab provided I have Vajra?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-08 12:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy set bonus rates appear to be the same at 109 and 119 as they were with the +2 armors. The spreadsheets identify the bonus through the names; the set "Raiders +2" and the mod appears in the calculations as "Emp". I have no clue if it's correct, but they're listed as 2%, 4%, 7%, 10% for each piece added above 2. If you want to add the Empy gear, you might want to just replace Raiders +1 and +2 with only the stats from 109 and 119, leaving the names intact to make it less hassle to keep the set bonus accounted for.

Haven't looked at what's ideal for Mighty Strikes, I've just focused on multi-attack and Store TP to improve WS frequency. Rudra's would be the ideal WS with Mighty Strikes up, though of course that's not factoring SCs. Vajra Mandalic, Shark Bite, and Dancing Edge are behind it, but in the same range, and then below them is non-Vajra Mandalic, then Evis, and further below would be Mercy Stroke (if you have it) and dead last is Exenterator.

Haven't tried Gashing Bolts, but I could see a use unless you're with a DRG, BLU, or any other job with a "defense down" move. I imagine it would require a lot of ranged and magic acc to hit and proc, and that some enemies (mostly ice and wind based) would resist it.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-08 12:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I don't see it happening. I missed the boat on getting the 119 crossbow for thf, and I don't see much demand for Incursion anymore.

A while back I used one-eye and oxidant bolts in morimar delve. I didn't have sets for magic acc, but the effect landed on the NMs pretty well, only the effect never landed on tojil. Just eyeballing it Tutewehiwehi went down faster when I would hit him with it. Don't think he ever resisted either.

I guess if I were to make a set for it I would start with the amount of ranged accuracy I want to hit. About how much accuracy do you need for escha?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-08 12:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Regular enemies, nothing special since they're in the same range as regular Adoulin enemies. Most of the Unity NMs you'd probably want at least like 900 for, except Voso who requires all the accuracy you can get. For Tier 1's, they aren't particularly evasive (excepting Gulltop the beetle, and Vidala the tiger if he levels up). Haven't messed with Tier 2 yet but they're about 6 levels higher, so probably on par with Delve 2 stuff. Tier 3, you'll need every last bit of accuracy you can muster, and then a lot of support (Madrigal, Geo-Torpor/Precision, Hunter's Roll, Distract, etc).

Side note, I did some testing on Feint a while ago, the values on BG wiki are wrong. Rather than reduce evasion by 50%, it merely drops evasion by 150, which degrades by 10 each tick until wearing off at 50. I would assume then that the relic pants augment boosts it up by 10 per Feint merit (200, degrading to 100).
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 262 263 264