First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 262 263 264
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-29 14:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't fought it since the update, but I've farmed it with just RUN DRG GEO BRD, plus Kupipi and Koru-Moru. Since I don't have any other tank friends, I usually am on RUN for these kind of things. Anyway, strategy was to ensure capped attack speed, and the GEO uses Frailty/Malaise. DRG does self-light (Drakesbane to Camlann's), which I follow up with a Dimdiation at 3000% for double light. I also put Flabra (wind) Gambit on it, so the SC does over 20k and the bursted Lunge does around 15k. The undergeared GEO also tosses out Aero V, which is about 10k as well. Each one of these high damaging wind attacks proc's him.

Anyway, if you try this on THF, I'd highly recommend you develop a large multistep SC or otherwise use Mandalic Stab to make an initial Light (which another DD can make a second). Pushing that NM down fast is important, and having those wind procs (probably) helps a ton.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-06-29 15:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It really isn't that complicated.

Build tp
Wait for PD
When PD ends, skillchain and build TP again
Repeat

Everything short of tier3-level nms can be killed with pld and thf, with a couple of mage mules. I'd recommend /nin in case you find yourself behind the pld at the wrong time.

Also, when you have time, can you head down to those bats and confirm for me that you can regularly kill those bats with just one cycle of tp damage + WS? Like I said, I'll be incredibly impressed if you can pull it off.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-29 16:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Also, when you have time, can you head down to those bats and confirm for me that you can regularly kill those bats with just one cycle of tp damage + WS? Like I said, I'll be incredibly impressed if you can pull it off.
Gave it a quick run, and realized that it was probably only because I usually roll with a GEO. The potency of Chaos Rolls from Qultada played a huge factor in whether or not I could get it to work. With a 4 or 11, I was able to do it, but most other values weren't working. With 11's, I was getting around 8-10k per Mandalic at 1250-1500 TP.

Your method is probably much better for you when soloing or crappy support players.
By ithorien 2015-06-30 21:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Skimmed the thread a little but don't see an updated post on sets since Feb, anyone have some good ones in the middle of the road?
 Bismarck.Johnb
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-07-01 10:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Rawhide Vest with TA+% better than Skulker's body +1 for TP?
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-07-01 11:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody have a more up to date thf spreadsheet the one i found in google docs doesnt even have taeon in it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-01 11:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »

Absolutely.
 Bahamut.Hopefully
Server: Bahamut
user: hopefulki
By Bahamut.Hopefully 2015-07-01 11:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
Does anybody have a more up to date thf spreadsheet the one i found in google docs doesnt even have taeon in it.

Go into gear and add it manually, it's simple
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-07-01 12:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Hopefully said: »
Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »

Go into gear and add it manually, it's simple
Just looking to save time, gotta do all taeon new daggers and rawhide. ill do it myself if i have the extra time.
 Cerberus.Keshan
Server: Cerberus
user: Ready
By Cerberus.Keshan 2015-07-02 19:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Still working on perfecting augments, but this is my current TP set for most things. Wanting to know if anything jumps out as bad/obsolete?

ItemSet 336230

TA+2% on all Taeon. My WS sets are sad so I won't post them.. but wondering if someone can post some current WS sets for Rudra's? :)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-02 20:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon Chapeau beats Felistris Mask pretty easily.
 Bismarck.Johnb
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-07-03 06:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Absolutely.

What about better than Taeon Tabard?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-03 07:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Absolutely.

What about better than Taeon Tabard?
Even with perfect augments I would put Rawhide ahead.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-03 09:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Keshan said: »
Still working on perfecting augments, but this is my current TP set for most things. Wanting to know if anything jumps out as bad/obsolete?

ItemSet 336230

TA+2% on all Taeon. My WS sets are sad so I won't post them.. but wondering if someone can post some current WS sets for Rudra's? :)
I guess the question I should ask is how much magic haste are you getting with this set? If full haste, and you have at least 1 DW on your canny then you are right on the money, if your canny has 4 you should swap out your raider's. If you have no magic haste, get a set of taeon and augment it for dw.

Other than that Skulker's bonnet +1 is a better head for tp, and Rawhide vest path D would be better because each adds +4% triple attack.

For Rudra's I'm pretty sure you want rawhide path A. Pillager's body and legs are still good if it's stacked. Enforcer's harness would beat out Pillager's vest, but as far as I can tell no one has seen it drop yet.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-03 12:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of stacked WS bodies, it's Enforcer's > Rawhide A15 > Plunderer's > Pillager's > Taeon > the rest.

Depending on your setup, the actual difference between each of these pieces can be pretty minimal. We're talking values ranging from 0.1% to 1%; between Enforcer's and Taeon, like 300ish damage (out of 10k) for non-Vajra knives, and 500ish (out of 13k) for Vajra. The difference in damage for Taeon's dusk augments are pretty small (like 0.2%), and the top augment varying by piece (mostly due to their DEX values).
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-03 12:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh something none gear related but still dps based. Since I have 550 job points on thf I'm thinking of switching my cheer. Am I right in thinking that +2% attack is better than 3 dex?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-03 13:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't access your spreadsheet, bleah

Between all the possible stats you'd want (STR, DEX, attack, Crit damage, WS damage, etc), you end up needing a balance between them rather than stacking heavily on just some of them. The two of us are likely getting different results based on the rest of the gear we are using, and going by your results, you are likely using less Crit Damage than I am. I've also updated my own spreadsheet to include JPs and Gifts.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-07-05 20:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If we are being serious...... you shouldn't be using rudra's at 3k TP.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-05 21:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When I'm looking at gear choices, I'm not looking at just the WS damage, but rather the total DPS. Generally I don't save to 3000% TP (except for Aftermath), and I have a fondness for Fotia since it makes for extremely insane self-SC options sometimes which I'm comfortable losing some DEX for. There's a section on the Setup page that deals with when you're using TP and whether or not you're holding TP for SA/TA. You should definitely take some time to look close at Rawhide (primarily body and hands), the amount of DEX is staggering with path A. Vajra should be doing more, but I'm thinking the problem is more of an issue with your gearsets and spreadsheet playstyle settings not focusing on it.

Also, a minor point, but the enemy is set to Delve fodder, you might want to set it to Tojil since you're usually preparing yourself for major NMs, not the weak adds.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-05 23:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda your spreadsheet is wrong. It's using the rudra ftp before the nerf. You need to go to the "other list" page and change rudra's from 6/15/18.5 to 5/10.19/13
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-06 09:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the thing about the spreadsheet is it isn't ours. Sure we can make changes to it, but it still isn't ours. Motenten wrote the spreadsheets, but hasn't updated them in a long time. Frankly I don't feel comfortable redistributing his work just because I made a few small adjustments to it.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-06 11:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that was short lived. Haven't even seen an Enforcer's harness yet, but I'm guessing the upgrade Khepri Jacket will blow it out of the water. Provided they are actually making the hexed items 119 like today's announcement suggests.
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-06 11:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The August patch is on its way!

The August patch will introduce the second chapter to Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, a new area, and new battle content.

Of course, it doesn't end there. This patch will also be jammed-packed with goodies, including the final quest in the adventures of the Tarutaru Sauce duo, new alter egos, new Unities, new methods to further enhance hexed equipment, as well as balance and adjustments to jobs, existing content and quests, and a bevy of other improvements.

Finally, new quality of life improvements will include the ability to retain equipment set macros server-side as well as the ability to view status effects applied to party members.

Keep an eye out for more details on this version update as August approaches!
Yeah, I have to stop slacking on my alchemy. Get the rest of the Skill+ guild point items and finish getting it to 110. Them mages will need their refresh idle gear. Also the hands will probably be OP for smn.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-06 11:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The details are incredibly limited, but there was a mention of improving hexed gear (and probably cursed gear too since they show a dude in Koenig). Anyway, if you are the preparing type, best thing you could do would be to spam the Yagudo Kindred Crest BC for abjurations.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 262 263 264