On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-14 23:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I think it was the weapon that I had tried on. Gave up after that and just assumed it applied to gear as well.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Time to go upgrade some Bokwus!

Also, wouldn't mondaha be a better offhand?

Wish Ormolu weren't so expensive. 100k Stingers and 20M ormolus make trying to hq a sharur pretty lame. =/
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-14 23:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

xD Glad to have helped.

Yeah, when I was delving, I was using Sharur + Mondaha for my TP sets. Mjollnir just in that SS just because it was. I'm actually quite new to the Relic holder scene

>.>

<.<
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-14 23:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Mjollnir was my first relic, but it's hard to be sad about it sucking now with how awesome Sharur/Mondaha are.

Sucks they only allow you to do the dex melee path, but still pretty cool. Wish I had known that before I went whm melee to like 10+ wk reives, the extra accuracy would have been really nice >_>
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-14 23:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's fun to actually feel somewhat useful in the melee scene while still being able to support my alliance.

And yeah, that DEX path is really nice since we have an inherit lack of accuracy due to our low skill. I'm glad it was pointed out to me since we get a lot of DEX outta it. Bokwus Gloves get 10 DEX natively, so that 20 DEX + 15 ACC in one slot.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-15 05:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god, our latest tp set looks pretty fugly >_>
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-15 06:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it does >>; lol... but functionality! And DAT swaps.... lol
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-17 13:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Update! Following sets have been updated as per new gears. There's a LOT of new gear to look at, so if I missed anything, please let me know!
  • Cure Potency ~Low~

• Cure Potency ~Mid~

• Curaga Potency ~Max~

• Cura ~MAX~

• -na + Erase

• Cursna ~Max Enhance~

• Divine ~Max MACC~

• Holy

• Enfeebling ~MAX MACC~

• Enfeebling ~Potency Hybrid~

• Recast ~Max~

• TP ~Low~

• TP ~Mid~

• Realmrazer~Low~

• Realmrazer ~Mid~

• Realmrazer ~Opitmal~

• Hexa Strike ~Low

• Hexa Strike ~Mid~

• Hexa Strike ~Optimal~

• Mystic Boon ~Low~

• Mystic Boon ~Mid~

• Mystic Boon ~Optimal~

• Randgrith ~Mid~

• Randgrith ~Optimal~

• Randgrith ~Accuracy~

• Shattersoul ~Mid~

• Shattersoul ~Max~

• Cataclysm ~Mid~

• Cataclysm ~Max~

• Spirit Taker ~Mid~

• Spirit Taker ~Max~

I have also adjusted the point for ~low~ and ~mid~ tier equipment in the following way

~Low~
Starting SoA for the first time. Focuses on Bayld gear or gear that can be farmed in about a day or two of work in pre-SoA content.

~Mid~
Encompassing equipment that can be gained in Skirmish, Skirmish II, and Delve field NMs

There will be some corrections to be made in the description of the guide still, but for the most part, the sets are updated thus far. I will most likely be adding a bit about low and mid enfeebling sets too in the future.

EDIT - Adjusted a few small descriptions, the Kraken Club section.

EDIT2 - Provided my own personal spellcast to the guide for those inclined. No newbie friendly comments yet though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2013-08-19 17:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried augmenting some of my new skirmish gear. Used a couple +1s on head, got cure cast time-3% and cure potency. Got cure potency+1-3% on the body. I had one +2 and used it on the head and got this
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-19 17:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy flying f---.............
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-19 17:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

This new gear is so far over the top, how do you even make an optimal set when you can cap cure potency with 3 slots? 12 slots worth of shifting stuff around is incredible.
 Bahamut.Camaroz
Server: Bahamut
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-08-19 17:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL gone are the days of trying to find gear for a melee whm, they still need to fix Mjollnir QQ
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-19 17:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

This new gear is so far over the top, how do you even make an optimal set when you can cap cure potency with 3 slots? 12 slots worth of shifting stuff around is incredible.

The same way most top tier DDs split hairs over spread sheets on their DPS numbers xD I continue to stand by statement to cape 50% potency + body + legs and do whatever else you'd like in the other slots. Of course, that leaves a LOT open for hybrid sets now.

Bahamut.Camaroz said: »
LOL gone are the days of trying to find gear for a melee whm, they still need to fix Mjollnir QQ

I was talking to that with a friend looking at the screenshot. This is pretty much top in the line cure piece. Also top in the line MDB + PDT and can be used as a TP piece for TP hybrid PDT + MDB tanking.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-08-19 17:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember the days/years after each patch-update notes and dat findings doing a search for "WHM" and hoping and praying that I'd find an amazing TP/WS piece........
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-19 18:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The same way most top tier DDs split hairs over spread sheets on their DPS numbers xD I continue to stand by statement to cape 50% potency + body + legs and do whatever else you'd like in the other slots. Of course, that leaves a LOT open for hybrid sets now.

I was talking to that with a friend looking at the screenshot. This is pretty much top in the line cure piece. Also top in the line MDB + PDT and can be used as a TP piece for TP hybrid PDT + MDB tanking.

The goal for a DD is DPS and many pieces are locked in for Accuracy or Xhit purposes, obviously absolute cure power isn't the only consideration. It's just a lot of variables.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-19 18:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The goal for a DD is DPS and many pieces are locked in for Accuracy or Xhit purposes, obviously absolute cure power isn't the only consideration. It's just a lot of variables.

Yes, that's where the differences end between DPS and cure power. Where as DPS sets are built depending on circumstances and target mobs, cure sets are built more for individual play styles (-enmity, CMP, refresh, flat power, hybrid all of the above). It's because of "the feels" aspect of cure sets that overall, I don't think there's a true "top tier" set because you have so many options now that don't have any significant impact on your cure numbers that allows for that kind of flexibility.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-19 18:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's where the differences end between DPS and cure power. Where as DPS sets are built depending on circumstances and target mobs, cure sets are built more for individual play styles (-enmity, CMP, refresh, flat power, hybrid all of the above). It's because of "the feels" aspect of cure sets that overall, I don't think there's a true "top tier" set because you have so many options now that don't have any significant impact on your cure numbers that allows for that kind of flexibility.

Exactly. But you made a guide, how do you list an optimal set with 3 slots filled, lol.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-20 16:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. But you made a guide, how do you list an optimal set with 3 slots filled, lol.

Yep, that's why I've started to skew that particular section into "Here's what you need, here's an acceptable set to get you rolling, and here's a bunch of random sets you can come up with the options we have on hand" to get those creative juices flowing.

Proth reports the gloves at 7% FC which makes it one hell of a hand piece just on that alone. I haven't read too much into the augments but there is one theory (I believe Slycer thought this one up) that all the augments for a set of equipment come from a single pool of augments. If that's the case, this means that every single piece of Skirm II gear has the potential to get 6% Cure Potency, which is a pretty scary thought.

Guess we shall see.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-08-20 17:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

someone already posted a ss of 7% pot on head, here it is
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-08-20 17:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea what to do with my WHM anymore. My poor gear sets that I slaved over for an entire afternoon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-20 17:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I have no idea what to do with my WHM anymore. My poor gear sets that I slaved over for an entire afternoon.

Are you talking about cure sets specifically or just... every set that a WHM can possibly have?
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-08-20 17:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you talking about cure sets specifically or just... every set that a WHM can possibly have?
Cure and Fastcast are really the only two sets I use since I don't use Spellcast.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-20 17:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure and Fastcast are really the only two sets I use since I don't use Spellcast.

Can do plenty of sets without Spellcast, scripts work fine, just need to program them in a specific way. I think I had an example a page or two back on how to configure Windower Scripts ^^

In terms of fast cast, the only new piece you will need is the gloves from Skirm II. Potency can be capped at with Arka IV, Gendewith Caubeen with a 3% CP augment, and Bokwus Gloves. The rest, I would say throw whatever skill or MND gear you have, touch of -enmity if that suits your fancy.

If cure cast time gear is augment-able on everything, that would change the dynamic a bit. Off the top of my head, I would try to shoot for cast time speed on the gloves just to have a lot of cure cast speed down in a single slot.

Just hold out for now, don't need to make too many adjustments yet if you already have an established set.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-21 23:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

does gear that enhances divines cares need to be wron during divine caress ja or for the -na spell as well ?

it doesn't say in the playing guide section
By Norto 2013-08-22 00:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It needs to be worn for the -na cast, yeah.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-22 01:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Norto said: »
It needs to be worn for the -na cast, yeah.

well that sucks.
 Leviathan.Multiabuse
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Multiabuse 2013-08-22 04:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for this.

I've been gone a long time but was a career White Mage for years. Been back about a month and it is nice to have such a comprehensive refresher course (and to have learned about the various new tools in the WHM arsenal that I wasn't 100% clear on).

Gendewitha set is amazing, especially if you get lucky on augments. I'd recommend any newly 99 or returning WHM get in on Skirmish groups to collect each piece. WHM healing in the lower tiers of skirmish is severe overkill, even the gimpiest geared WHM will prevail as long as your DD doesn't fall asleep in between waves. In 2 nights, I completed the set (after r15 most of my Bokwus naturally D:).

Even the NQ stones can provide decent benefits if you get lucky. It is a fast, cheap way to get any newly minted WHM geared enough to handle the higher tiers of content.
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-08-23 23:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Power cap at 700 for every cure? Like cure/curaga etc? '-'
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-23 23:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »

Curagas weren't adjusted with the Skill patch, so they still follow the same old soft and hard caps. I'm not sure what they are, but let's just say you're hitting those caps naked at 99. Because of that, they don't have a "power" level like normal Cures have. Curaga IV (and by extension, I assume V, never used the spell in my life) has a very high hard cap and I'd imagine requires a fairly potent MND rating to reach that cap (I have personally yet to try to measure this). Maybe time to pull out a brew on the Test server to find out.

Cura works like Curaga in the sense that the hard cap is very easy to hit on all tiers of Cura. I've casted Cura III naked and then fully geared with skill and MND and had very little change in the final cure value (something like 3-5 HP). So, Cura's cure values is highly influenced by the damage received while Misery is up and that's about it.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-08-24 00:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »

Cure 1 also caps at 600 power, vs the 700 for 2-6.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19