On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-08-02 01:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you even need -60 cure casting time from gear? Because for anything serious, you should have light arts up anyways.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-08-02 03:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What he has seems just about perfect, to me.

Yes, you can precast/midcast stuff, but that runs into trouble as soon as you have to deal with instacast spells from Quickens Spellcasting. Plus, there's always a little instability in making sure gear swaps properly from pre- to midcast when cast times get extremely low, which you're likely to hit with -80% cast time.

The benefits gained seem to outweigh the minor drawback of not having absolute max curing power in the gear set, and it's clear he's already willing to give up a little of that simply to add in more -enmity anyways.

Also, assuming white magic works the same as dark magic, and that cast time works similarly to recast time, reduction from Light Arts can drop recast time below the 80% threshhold (ie: sch casting Stun). As such, there should continue to be benefit in having 80% fast cast while under Light Arts, though the difference is extremely marginal (0.45 second cast time instead of 0.5 seconds). Even if it just stacks to the 80% limit, you'd still want 78% fast cast (ie: can maybe replace the Prolix Ring, at best).
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-08-02 03:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, a slight alternative:

Swap:
Mitra to Nahtirah Hat
Earrings to Orison+Roundel
Genbu's needs 5% Cure Potency/8% Cure Cast time
Zenith Pumps (NQ) only needs 3% Cure Potency/7% Cure Cast time

This keeps you at -80% cast time and 50% cure potency. It loses most of the -enmity from the earrings (-8 net loss), but in exchange you get marginally greater cure power (Nahtirah, post-update, gives 16.75, while the Mitra gives 10.5) and 10% fast cast/5% haste for spell recast times.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-08-02 15:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

if using scripts for precast/midcast, wouldn't it make more sense to put the wait between the spell and midcast instead of actually delaying the cure? or is pause something different?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-08-02 16:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Also, a slight alternative:

Swap:
Mitra to Nahtirah Hat
Earrings to Orison+Roundel
Genbu's needs 5% Cure Potency/8% Cure Cast time
Zenith Pumps (NQ) only needs 3% Cure Potency/7% Cure Cast time

This keeps you at -80% cast time and 50% cure potency. It loses most of the -enmity from the earrings (-8 net loss), but in exchange you get marginally greater cure power (Nahtirah, post-update, gives 16.75, while the Mitra gives 10.5) and 10% fast cast/5% haste for spell recast times.

Nahtirah is that much stronger than Healing Magic on Paean Mitra? If so, that sound like a great idea. Any bonus to recast time i can get top of these stats would be really nice.

I guess if I wanted to swap to Nahtirah Hat for single target, I could make up the -enmity with a Metanoia Ring (unless something better gets released next week.)

I would only have 79% Cure cast, which I guess isn't techincally that big a deal.

It really sucks that Nahtirah Hat doesn't have the -Enmity Hyaline Hat does, or I would have easily used it in my Curaga set.

Though as far as the other changes, I'd prefer to have the higher -enmity rating than a marginal increase to cure power. I have no interest in epeen numbers on cures, and my curing totals currently heal people up just fine.

I have my RDM geared at 50/80/50 as well, for cures, and usually go /whm or /blm. I have gone out /sch on a couple of occasions and noticed a difference in cure cast time w/ Light Arts from what I usually cure with. That's why I started gearing 60% on WHM.

I usually never got that high on cure cast time before, so I didn't really think about how Light Arts breaks the cap.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-02 16:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
if using scripts for precast/midcast, wouldn't it make more sense to put the wait between the spell and midcast instead of actually delaying the cure? or is pause something different?

I've found that if you don't have a small delay between precast and the actual cast, sometimes the system doesn't "see" you're in the appropriate gear and thus not apply the correct cure cast times, hence why I personally use it. I've talked to a different WHM who has had beautiful success with zero delay in there, so I think it's all up to a player's system, lag, etc.

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I have my RDM geared at 50/80/50 as well, for cures, and usually go /whm or /blm. I have gone out /sch on a couple of occasions and noticed a difference in cure cast time w/ Light Arts from what I usually cure with. That's why I started gearing 60% on WHM.

Given how fast you cure and the fact you're using an all-in-one set, you might even want to consider dropping the quicken cast equipment and stacking more -enmity in those particular slots if hate issues are a concern.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-08-02 16:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

Given how fast you cure and the fact you're using an all-in-one set, you might even want to consider dropping the quicken cast equipment and stacking more -enmity in those particular slots if hate issues are a concern.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've considered dropping Impatiens maybe for a Psilomene or a Leisure Musk a few times b/c of that fact, but even w/o the OQS Witful Belt is still a very nice piece for this. And I like how the Impatiens puts it at a nice round 5% proc rate.

I'm probably just splitting hairs at this point with the Impatiens. But, idk, part of me is still being stubborn about it.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-02 16:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've considered dropping Impatiens maybe for a Psilomene or a Leisure Musk a few times b/c of that fact, but even w/o the OQS Witful Belt is still a very nice piece for this. And I like how the Impatiens puts it at a nice round 5% proc rate.

I'm probably just splitting hairs at this point with the Impatiens. But, idk, part of me is still being stubborn about it.

Nothing wrong with that at all ^^ To be honest, when it comes to cure sets, I think ALL of us split hairs over it X-x Once you reach that 50% potency with the AF3+2 Body and Legs, anything else you want to do is pretty much your business ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-08-03 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Little added extra info on the cure set posted above. Checked out recasts on cures with it, using Swith Cape +1 in place of the Pahtli Cape atm(since Yumcax is a little *** and won't drop my cape). So capped atm at 76% Cure cast time on single target.

With haste/Light Arts up I have:

Cure 5: 6 seconds
Cure 4: 5 seconds
Cure 3: 4 seconds
Curaga 2-4: 6 seconds

Not omg atm, but not absolutely horrid, I think I could shave another second off of single target once Bokwus Gloves get the 4% haste next week.
If another viable source of -Enmity gets released next week, I think I could use the Nahtirah Hat in place of Hyaline hat to take off another second off of Curagas as well. An upgrade on the ear/ring slot might be pretty optimal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Not really WHM-related, but posting kinda as reference to the recast information.

ItemSet 309719

50 Cure potency, 76 Cure Cast(til I get Pahtli), -50 Enmity(with merits)

Using Swith Cape +1 over Pahtli Cape again, RDM recasts are really nice atm, with barely any haste gear, I'm sitting at:

Cure 4: 4 seconds
Cure 3: 3 seconds

With haste up.
 Asura.Voevode
Server: Asura
user: voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-08-05 18:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the new WHM head piece is a darn good option for cures. Second in cure power, but is better for -enm and the 5% haste on them. The ideal set on OP with new head and genbu's shield would probably be second best for cure power, but the advantages of haste might be something worth the loss of a few hp cured. Also likely a lot easier to obtain than mitra, and will definitely replace my Paean Mitra whenever this is obtainable.

Also looks like they're kind of going full on with the Aby v2 thing, these new sets are the same models as the battle trophy sets I believe. So that's good news for monks that like that spikey look I guess.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-06 07:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, in general this patch (like the previous ones) have brought some interesting pieces onto the table, as well as a rather intense assortment of stats to go with it. I'll need some time to go through each piece and figure out where they might fit in best. There's a lot to look at though.
 Leviathan.Fosco
Server: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2013-08-06 09:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, in general this patch (like the previous ones) have brought some interesting pieces onto the table, as well as a ratheran omg wtfisevenhappening intense assortment of stats to go with it. I'll need some time to go through each piece and figure out where they might fit in best. There's a lot to look at though.
Fixed. ;)
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-06 19:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So, uh, yeah, let's get started....

As an aside:

Gendewitha = Skirmish II gear
Weatherspoon = Bayld II gear

~~~Weapons~~~

Nothing to note too much here. Use the biggest baddest weapon you can find for smashing face. For supporting, your best bet is:

As it can be augmented with +15 MACC and +10 MND for a total of +20 MND and +150 MACC. ~Whistles~

~~~Headgear~~~

Bokwus circlet
DEF:68 HP+19 MP+70 STR+9 DEX+9 VIT+9 AGI+9 INT+13 MND+13 CHR+13 Summoning skill +7 Evasion+18 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Magic Evasion+53 Avatar: Inc. Mag. Acc. "Mag. Atk. Bonus"+10
-Even with all the stat upgrades, nothing too exciting here. 23 MND and 10 MAB can make for an exciting nuking piece for those inclined.

-So, uh, Iaso mitra, eat your heart out. 1% less POtency and 1 less power for -3 more enmity and 5% more haste. Overall, this will most likely be much more accessible for most WHMs and a very nice upgrade over orison cap +2.

nahtirah hat
DEF:96 HP+70 MP+70 STR+17 DEX+17 VIT+17 AGI+17 INT+25 MND+25 CHR+25 Magic Accuracy+10 Evasion+36 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Magic Evasion+75 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect Haste+5%
-Beaten by Buremte hat for WSing, this is SLIGHTLY better as a potency piece, but Yumcax's hat also gives an additional +5 MACC, making it more ideal for enfeebles in my opinion. Best Recast head we can equip thanks to 10% Fast Cast and 5% Haste though.

Orvail corona
DEF:43 MP+22 STR+12 DEX+12 VIT+12 AGI+12 INT+14 MND+14 CHR+14 Magic Accuracy+8 Magic Evasion+29 MP recovered while healing +4
-Has become quite the potent enfeebling piece for a starter WHM

-Basically, NQ Xux Hat or HQ Orvail Corona. Take your pick.

xux hat
DEF:61 HP+11 MP+70 STR+11 DEX+11 VIT+11 AGI+11 INT+20 MND+20 CHR+20 Magic Accuracy+15 Evasion+10 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Magic Evasion+43 Haste+5%
-Another "step" in the gear treadmill.

~~~Body Pieces~~~

Bokwus robe
DEF:89 HP+28 MP+50 STR+7 DEX+7 VIT+7 AGI+7 INT+13 MND+13 CHR+13 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+13 Evasion+21 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Magic Evasion+57 Adds "Refresh" effect
-Still one of our best Enfeebling pieces WHMs can get access to when fully augmented down the MACC path.

-Best WS piece we can get right now, better Curaga piece than Heka's kalasiris if potency can be capped in other slots (very easy to do) for sheer power.

Orvail robe
DEF:56 MP+40 STR+9 DEX+9 VIT+9 AGI+9 INT+18 MND+18 CHR+18 Magic Evasion+31 Enmity-5 Adds "Refresh" effect
-Gear treadmill piece

-2% less haste and more STR (and thus attack), DEX (and thus accracy) than shedir manteel, making this a very good TP piece if you can cap Haste in other slots.

~~~Gloves~~~

Bokwus gloves
DEF:59 HP+12 MP+50 STR+1 DEX+10 VIT+8 INT+10 MND+13 CHR+4 Evasion+11 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Magic Evasion+26 "Cure" potency +13% Enmity-3 Haste+3%
-Still one very powerful piece for Cures and enfeebling when augmented with MND + MACC. If you don't need potency in this slot, yaoyotl gloves' new look will definitely trump it though. However, this piece also has the utility of being a decent TP piece for WHMs thanks to the DEX path that can be put on Bokwus equipment, thought you would need to cap Haste in other slots.

-NQ yaoyotl gloves, which isn't to say it's bad at all, honestly. May become a good utility piece of the Fast Cast on this piece is high (I'd like it to be at least 4%, honestly)

Orvail cuffs
DEF:37 MP+10 STR+2 DEX+8 VIT+8 AGI+1 INT+6 MND+15 CHR+15 Magic Accuracy+5 Magic Evasion+14 Enmity-4 Haste+2%
-Gear treadmill piece

quauhpilli gloves
DEF:53 HP+7 MP+70 STR+3 DEX+14 VIT+13 AGI+2 INT+10 MND+17 CHR+10 Magic Accuracy+8 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+13 Evasion+6 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Magic Evasion+21 Haste+2%
-Gear treadmill for HQ

-You're better off get Bokwus for out right cures, though this makes a good substitute TP piece if you can cap Haste in other slots (hard to beat 5%/6% gloves)

yaoyotl gloves
DEF:84 HP+22 MP+14 STR+6 DEX+28 VIT+25 AGI+5 INT+19 MND+33 CHR+19 Magic Accuracy+15 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+15 Evasion+22 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Magic Evasion+37 Enmity-6
-King of the hill gloves still. Great for enfeebling, for curing if not potency is required, nuking, even WSing.

~~~Pants~~~

Bokwus slops
DEF:76 HP+22 MP+25 STR+5 VIT+8 INT+11 MND+4 CHR+1 Evasion+14 Magic Accuracy+10 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Magic Evasion+76 Enmity-6 Magic damage taken -4% Haste+4%
-The Haste on this puts it in a unique position as a ACC-TP based piece since you can augment this with the DEX path. This will also be a better TP piece versus rubeus spats when fully ranked.

-An alternative TP piece for the above, this set of pants also makes for a wicked WS piece and an incredible enfeebling and nuking piece. These pants are very nice to have.

Orvail pants
DEF:48 MP+20 STR+8 VIT+4 AGI+5 INT+16 MND+7 CHR+6 Magic Accuracy+6 Magic Evasion+42 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
-Still useful for its Fast Cast!

-Gear treadmill until Skirmish II pants

~~~Shoes~~~

Bokwus boots
DEF:46 HP+7 MP+12 DEX+1 AGI+12 INT+2 MND+3 CHR+13 Wind instrument skill +10 Magic Accuracy+7 Evasion+28 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+3% Magic Evasion+76 Song casting time -6%
-Great TP piece when DEX augmented, also a great enfeebling piece when MND augmented. However, given Uk'uxkaj boots is reported to increase enfeebling potency by 6%, you're probably better off trying to get those boots instead for enfeebling.

-A very unique pair of boots. If this follows the trend of other Cursna pieces, this will increase your success by 10% on Cursna. It also has Haste. Sold. (oh, decent nuking piece too)

Orvail souliers
DEF:29 MP+10 STR+3 DEX+3 VIT+3 AGI+10 INT+5 MND+14 CHR+10 Magic Accuracy+8 Magic Evasion+42 Enmity-5
-Still decent just on the 14 MND and 8 MACC alone. Very very good for a low tier enfeebling piece.

-Nuking piece, if that suits your fancy

A lot of new/updated pieces also have MDB and Magic Evasion, so stacking as many of those as possible for any sort of MDT/idle set is highly recommended just to avoid getting rocked too hard by magic damage.

Final thoughts: WTF.....
[+]
 Cerberus.Evilqueen
Server: Cerberus
user: Lillybabe
By Cerberus.Evilqueen 2013-08-06 21:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So my friend just tried joining a Mori Boss fight. The person shouting asked what his "Cure Pot+" was at. He responded with "50% while wearing orison +2 body" ... the person said "sorry man no thanks"

So are both of us completely hiding under a rock, and suddenly cure pot is no longer capped at 50%?

Thats fine if we did miss something, but we're almost positive we didn't >.>

I checked here figuring this would probably be the first place to be like "hey cure pot cap increased!" i don't see anything!

help me out!
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-06 21:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure pot cap from outgoing gear (minus obis etc) is still 50%.
By Alpheus 2013-08-06 21:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Only way to bypass 50% cap is with your target under the effect of healers roll or wearing "cure potency received+" gear the cap of that stat is an additional 30%. The only other way is weather bonus which can bypass but only SCH mains can feasibly and constantly do so.

No idea why your friend was turned away
 Cerberus.Evilqueen
By Cerberus.Evilqueen 2013-08-06 21:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, that's what we thought, neither of us really saw anything otherwise thanks<.< might sound like a stupid question but you never know with all the updating going on lately. not hard to miss something
 Cerberus.Evilqueen
By Cerberus.Evilqueen 2013-08-06 21:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Alpheus said: »
Only way to bypass 50% cap is with your target under the effect of healers roll or wearing "cure potency received+" gear the cap of that stat is an additional 30%. The only other way is weather bonus which can bypass but only SCH mains can feasibly and constantly do so.

No idea why your friend was turned away

We don't get it either. Someone on GW tried saying it was now capped at 60%, think they're just trolling though.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-06 22:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It might because you didn't mention orison pantaloons +2 as those are a fairly substantial bonus to any cure set. Otherwise, I can't think of any other explanation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Warusha
Server: Phoenix
user: Serithus
By Phoenix.Warusha 2013-08-06 22:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They're trolling at the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE question.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-08-07 08:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the person doing the shout didnt know what the cap was. Probably they dont know much about whm in general. The easiest way to answer those questions is by saying that you are capped. Or in your friends case capped with bonus to cureskin.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-07 18:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So, since this has been brought up in this thread once and twice on Guildwork world hashtag chat, cure potency does indeed cap at 50%:

Expected returns for 444 skill, 152 MND, 99 Vitality, 50+% Potency

Cure III 462
Cure IV 865
Cure V 1099

Screenshot above has 73% potency gear. Sorry guys, SE didn't hot patch potency to have a higher cap~~
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2013-08-07 22:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As an aside:

Gendewitha = Salvage II gear

This threw me for a loop and had me checking the update notes again to see if I missed anything. I'm guessing that's a typo. :P

All in all, great post on the new gear. Your contributions are always highly valued by me.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-07 22:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mahoro said: »

As an aside:

Gendewitha = Salvage II gear

This threw me for a loop and had me checking the update notes again to see if I missed anything. I'm guessing that's a typo. :P

All in all, great post on the new gear. Your contributions are always highly valued by me.

Oops! Fixed~ And thank ya for the compliment
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-14 22:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, my LS asked me to support Tojil runs!... while smashing face @_@

YouTube Video Placeholder

The video above has me /NIN, but I eventually go /DNC for the accuracy bonus trait. WIth Sushi, I'm 95% on the 1+5 NMs and about 90% on Tojil.

Overall assessment. I average 3% of the total damage, which means that's 3% less damage everyone else has to do. Generally speaking, you need to pop Sushi to maintain good accuracy.

WHM melee support can handle the majority of things in a Tojil run, and in some cases handle things better.

Matamata - Well, nothing to be said here

Eft - High HP helps, but being able to go Cura --> Cura --> Cura --> Esuna --> Cura --> Cura helps keep HP values high. Beware of Afflatus Misery being dispelled from repeated Geist Walls, and Stun can be troublesome.

Raptor - Mystic Boon spam. Stay in Afflatus Solace to be able to Sacrifice Super Curse off DDs and not proc En-lights with Auspice. Mystic Boon to avoid skillchains since Boon has no skillchain properties.

Pieste - I generally stay off Pieste and go full support mode because Calcifying Mist can really ruin your day. It's a bit harder without the appropriate sub, but not completely unmanageable.

Kurma - Standard fare. Whack him steadily while applying Cures and Erases where appropriate. Nothing special here.

Tojil - Get positioned properly and prepare Cura spams. If a bit concerned about Defense Down on your party, stay in Solace mode and Sacrifice all the effects off your DDs as they get triple bited. I like to stay in Misery and ride Rancor because of the epic Cura cures I can get as well as the fact that I can usually Erase Defense down in between aura drops. Tojil is the easier to manage out of all the mobs, honestly, because of the nature of the fight he's basically locked down more often than not.

Overall, WHM melee is extremely viable to support the group while doing your thing for Tojil runs. Sharur is useful because of the accuracy, and you may need to focus on your gear to be effective at it. As always with anything WHM melee related, never for the faint of heart.

Current TP set.
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-08-14 23:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

...Did you say hi to val though? :> <3
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-14 23:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »
...Did you say hi to val though? :> <3

After I took that screenshot, yes =p
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-14 23:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, what? You can put melee paths on whm gear? I swear when I tried to upgrade a piece before wanting to put a melee path on them, I only had the three mage options (macc, mab, and mp).
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-14 23:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Wait, what? You can put melee paths on whm gear? I swear when I tried to upgrade a piece before wanting to put a melee path on them, I only had the three mage options (macc, mab, and mp).

xD Yeah, I was quite surprised about that too! I know the weapon can't have melee path, but Bokwus equipment can apparently. Made me happy since a lot of the new Bokwus equipment got haste on them. I'm sad though that Bokwus Boots didn't get 6% haste like what was oriiginally reported.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19