i cannot stay long on ffxi
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-06 18:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay i have a problem at the moment and kinda make me frustrated :( ! i cannot log in ffxi to play it! i had Ffxi on my computer before and i update it before but i was always deconnecting every 10 minutes of playing so i was wondering that mayber something was not good installed so i unistall it all . I re-install it all then i try to update it but every 10 min aproximately my ffxi shut down . I have a good network , a router with it and i am not connect to the router. This is what it look like.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/connectionfail.png

if you need other info to help me just tell me so , i'm kinda find that boring that i cannot play at all when i have time to play it now :S !
By Jetackuu 2013-01-06 18:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

that resolution...

have you tried it wired?

it looks like you're losing your entire connection after a bit of time, probably not FFXI related at all.

I have a few ideas, but it's hard to pinpoint.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2013-01-06 18:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Check your connection is stable through another application. If yes, I suggest you check your firewall is not blocking playonline viewer or FFXI. Also, if you reset your router, it may also have a personal firewall in place.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2013-01-06 18:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

specifically what kinda of internet do you have? dsl, cable, satellite, etc. as well as speed. like jet said it probably has nothing to do with the game itself. couple friends of mine had similar issues that were typically because of the type of net they had (satellite) but there can be other fixable problems as well
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-06 18:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

my internet is cable , i rarely lost my connection when i play other online game , and my firewall isn't blocking Ffxi because i try to update it witout my fire wall and it wasn't going better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-01-06 18:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me of my issues with Dlink wireless routers. For some reason Dlink HATES online games and kicked me off every 10-15 minutes of playing the game. To solve that issue, i swapped over to linksys. If you do not want to buy a new wireless router, or if you just dont want to use one period, i suggest you hook directly up to your modem or what ever it is that provides you internet. Wired is the best way to go in my opinion
 Lakshmi.Pipper
Server: Lakshmi
user: warolo
By Lakshmi.Pipper 2013-01-06 18:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same problem a few months back tried everything with no luck. I ended up buying a gaming router haven't had a problem since.
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-06 18:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

so the router must be the problem?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2013-01-06 19:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Surgator said: »

I had the same problem a long time ago and it was random, just one day started losing connection to FFXI every 10 minutes or so. Then it just stopped happening about two weeks later. Absolutely no idea what the problem was to this day. As has been suggested, try using a wired connection to determine that the issue definitely lies with your wireless device.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-01-06 19:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Surgator said: »

Try a direct connection to your internet source first. if you have no more issues then yes it is the router. If you still have issues when connected directly to your cable modem then it is your internet provider.
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-06 19:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a similar issue a few years ago. Turned out a rat had partially chewed my internet wire making my connection sort of "blink".
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-06 19:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

okay i will try that soon , i give you feed back if it work!
By Jetackuu 2013-01-06 19:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Pipper said: »
I had the same problem a few months back tried everything with no luck. I ended up buying a gaming router haven't had a problem since.
lol @"gaming router"

oh oh the market cons people, and oh how dlink sucks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Pipper
Server: Lakshmi
user: warolo
By Lakshmi.Pipper 2013-01-06 19:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if it was the old router all I know is that the problem stopped with the new router. I tried everything I could think of the new router was my last resort.
 Carbuncle.Luthian
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2013-01-06 19:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same problem. All I had to do was make an exception on the router for when POL tried to access the internet. It would open the gateway for FFXI and POL and would close once POL closed. The official site shows the ports that need to be unlocked and how to do it properly.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-06 19:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic and all but...can I have your desktop background?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-06 19:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

typically blocked ports would prevent connection at all, but as we (or at least I) don't know how SE has their servers handling connections, it could be some sort of check or something that it's timing out.

TBH it looked like from the picture that he lost his connection entirely, which would mean (to me) that either his nic sucks, or his router does.

I pretty much avoid all dlink and belkin products personally, always been junk imo.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-01-06 20:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean you got a gaming one how are you able to tell.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-06 20:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I don't know if it was the old router all I know is that the problem stopped with the new router. I tried everything I could think of the new router was my last resort.
companies prey on people like you by labeling something as "gaming" and charging extra.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-01-06 20:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
companies prey on people like you by labeling something as "gaming" and charging extra.
I am not labeling it like that i just was asking what makes it a gaming one i did not know there was anyone that falls under more gaming then any other router.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-01-06 20:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Luthian said: »
I had the same problem. All I had to do was make an exception on the router for when POL tried to access the internet. It would open the gateway for FFXI and POL and would close once POL closed. The official site shows the ports that need to be unlocked and how to do it properly.
Where on the site can i find this information about ports.
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-06 20:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not labeling it like that i just was asking what makes it a gaming one i did not know there was anyone that falls under more gaming then any other router.
There isn't that's the catch the companies add that part to normal devices to charge un-aware people more.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-06 20:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

oh ffs, learn some reading comprehension.

I said some companies label it like that...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-06 20:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Luthian said: »
Where on the site can i find this information about ports.
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=11865&id=447&la=1&ret=faq&pv=10&page=2&c=5&sc=0&so=0

you know, there's this thing, they call it google

you should really try to use it sometime.
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-07 08:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Off topic and all but...can I have your desktop background?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150844296227651&set=a.493491407650.266451.90338167650&type=1&theater <
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-08 10:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

okay i am trying to put another ip my computer now.... i have done everything they asked me but they didn't says what IP i can enter , how can i find it? they says i cannot put the default one if i want all the change i make to use another port!
By Jetackuu 2013-01-08 11:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

English, can I have it?

and which IP do you want changed?

what's the IP of your router?

edit:

I'm going to assume you just want to change the IP of your computer to a static IP and leave dhcp on your router enabled, to do so you'd have to set your PC's static IP to something out of the dhcp range of your router.

Like my router starts at 192.168.0.50 and goes up from there in assigned Ip's (or maybe it was 100, doesn't really matter).

The router itself has an IP of 192.168.0.1

I set a computer I have to always use 192.168.0.26 and forwarded some ports on it, that way I don't have to worry about dhcp changing it's IP, and I can still connect other machines without having to static set everything.

(I made up the numbers above, but that doesn't matter, you can even change the IP of your router, it's typically set at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, or could be another number, that's jut default, you could change it all as long as you're using the subnet properly. You could even expand your range, but typically you don't need to, as the liklihood of you having over 200 devices on your home network is pretty much nil.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-08 11:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also a good idea to only forward the ports you need, for security reasons.
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-08 12:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i cannot change de router IP because it is a family router and i don't want to mess with it just incase i make it unavalable to everyone , i have a dlink router and with the explanation you give me Jetackuu , I THINK i find what wasn't going well...i will post another answer in 10 min if it work or no i try again now lol !
First Page 2 3