The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 224 225 226
 Odin.Miniman
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2016-12-29 02:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I more mean in the common content such as ambuscade and omen, stuff I can do with my friends. I'm not Japanese, so I don't really have anyone to do HELM tier things with lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-12-29 02:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Less excuses, more effort.
 Odin.Miniman
user: Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2016-12-29 02:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol you sound like a personal trainer :p
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-29 02:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
As the game currently stands, no jobs are immediately ready to contribute meaningfully to high-tier content without JPs. Maybe WHM, but even then, they gain quite a nice boost from their gifts. WAR is a very respectable DD, but it does take investment. I wouldn't put the difference between 0 vs 2100 WAR on the same level as 0 vs 2100 BLU, but the benefit from JPs is definitely one of the higher ones.

Yeah JTB2 is kinda broken though WAR's gifts aren't too far off.

Quote:
Fencer +230
Crit Hit Rate +10%
Crit Attack Bonus +10%
Double Attack +10%
WSD +3%

Typical Acc/Atk stuff

The JP categories are also very nice though not well understood. Most give a bonus to base stats before percentage increase's. Retaliation gives a 20% additional chance to proc on top of it's already large 40~45% chance. Blood Rage is also a +20% increase to Crit Hit Rate for a total of +40% Crit Hit Rate. BR and WC's bonus carries to the entire party making them powerful on already obscenely OP abilities.

Together all of it makes WAR into a very powerful job for killing stuff dead.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-12-29 03:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also wanted to add. While HQ Argosy is probably the best set for Reso. You can hold your own with just the NQ set. If anything job points and buffs are the main factor. HQ Argosy is just the cherry on top. Prioritize getting afterglow before getting the HQs.

5/5 NQ Argosy, Fotia Accessories, Ifrit Rings+1, Seething Bomblet+1 Cichol Mantle, and Brutal/Moonshade will push out some nice damage.

It will hold you over until you can HQ each piece.

One of the best things about Argosy is basically negating Resolutions attack penalty.

Boi Feet+1 are also worth getting for Mighty Strikes Resolution.
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2017-01-01 21:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so im about to ag my rag and im looking for a new toy to make, its between nirv to make my smn pimp, death penaltly to make my cor pimp, and conq because iv allways wanted one, my question is how does conq stack up against rag in the modern climate?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-01 22:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pretre said: »
my question is how does conq stack up against rag in the modern climate?

Depends on what your doing. Conq is one of the few weapons that can compete with Rag Reso spam though it needs linked SC's to do this.
 Phoenix.Pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2017-01-03 18:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

so in a ws spam situation like last months ambu ur saying rag reso spam would out parse conq kings spam? and if so by much? im only pushing this question cos I really want a conq but not if im gunna regret using cos my rag is better. I feel spamming sc with conq will be something I only do if soloing apex mobs
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-03 19:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

so in a ws spam situation like last months ambu ur saying rag reso spam would out parse conq kings spam? and if so by much? im only pushing this question cos I really want a conq but not if im gunna regret using cos my rag is better. I feel spamming sc with conq will be something I only do if soloing apex mobs

Unfortunately yes Rag Reso spam usually wins in pure DPS. Conq as a weapon is better then Ragnarok, it's enhancement to Berserk is crazy awesome. The problem is that Great Axe Weapon Skills suffer in the same way that Hand to Hand and Scythe WS's do, lack of exploitable WS options. Ukko's Fury hasn't aged well due to it's low fTP and it's not copy fTP . Upheaval has much better fTP but it's scaling and mod made it difficult to exploit damage on. Making Ukko's copy fTP would greatly enhance it's usability.

So Conq can do comparable damage despite Great Axe WS's being mediocre.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-01-03 20:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Make what makes you happy. Don't settle for less than what you want. If it's something you want you won't regret making it if you love war.
 Phoenix.Pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2017-01-04 15:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I havnt seen anyone really mention the mythic ws outside of sc does it suck?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-04 15:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's normally outclassed by Upheaval. KJ isn't a bad WS, with Mythic it ends up being better then Ukko's but a wash vs Upheaval. With an average of one DA per WS (makes this easier to do math wise) we get

Upheaval 85% VIT 5.625 fTP (first hit has higher fTP)

King's 50% STR 5.85 fTP (4.5 actual fTP but using 30% boost from Mythic) first hit has higher fTP

Mythic makes Multi-Attack procs worth more on KG because the 30% bonus effects those two vs just regular +1.0 on Upheaval.

Now the interesting thing is that with HQ Argosy level gear you might be able to push KJ to do better then Upheaval because STR is easier to gear for then VIT.
 Odin.Willster
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2017-01-05 17:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

It's normally outclassed by Upheaval. KJ isn't a bad WS, with Mythic it ends up being better then Ukko's but a wash vs Upheaval. With an average of one DA per WS (makes this easier to do math wise) we get

King's 50% STR 5.85 fTP (4.5 actual fTP but using 30% boost from Mythic) first hit has higher fTP

Mythic makes Multi-Attack procs worth more on KG because the 30% bonus effects those two vs just regular +1.0 on Upheaval.

Now the interesting thing is that with HQ Argosy level gear you might be able to push KJ to do better then Upheaval because STR is easier to gear for then VIT.
Got a set in mind for King's?
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-05 17:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »

For the most part it would be the same as Resolution with the only exception of dropping the neck and belt in favor of STR pieces.

STR / Acc / DA on the cape.

ItemSet 343853

Edit: If you are at attack and accuracy cap then toss in brutal. If you are under attack cap Shukuyu Ring will beat Ifrit, I think.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2017-01-05 18:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »

For the most part it would be the same as Resolution with the only exception of dropping the neck and belt in favor of STR pieces.

STR / Acc / DA on the cape.

ItemSet 343853

Edit: If you are at attack and accuracy cap then toss in brutal. If you are under attack cap Shukuyu Ring will beat Ifrit, I think.
Ya, that's what I was using for the most part. The acc on ws set was about 80 less then tp set though, so I think I was missing some on ws.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-05 18:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Put 30 into Accuracy on your cape, augment your moonshade with 4 accuracy over the attack, use refuscent ring. Depending if you have the HQ or NQ Argosy keep working on Valorous/Odyseean gap pieces, you can even go with the 12Dex / 20 Accuracy / DA path on Argosy head.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2017-01-05 19:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Put 30 into Accuracy on your cape, augment your moonshade with 4 accuracy over the attack, use refuscent ring. Depending if you have the HQ or NQ Argosy keep working on Valorous/Odyseean gap pieces, you can even go with the 12Dex / 20 Accuracy / DA path on Argosy head.
Ya, 5/5 hq. I'll change some augs on those too.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 06:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Path A on all with hands path D should put you at about the same accuracy as TP build. For some reason people get all glassy eyed at the STR values and don't pay attention to the accuracy ones. Also don't forgot to count the 10 WS.Acc on belt/gorget in resolution or now KJ. For KJ I'd be looking to a Metalslinger or Grunfeld, personally I'm partial to Grunfeld because it has you covered in all situations.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2017-01-06 10:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Path A on all with hands path D should put you at about the same accuracy as TP build. For some reason people get all glassy eyed at the STR values and don't pay attention to the accuracy ones. Also don't forgot to count the 10 WS.Acc on belt/gorget in resolution or now KJ. For KJ I'd be looking to a Metalslinger or Grunfeld, personally I'm partial to Grunfeld because it has you covered in all situations.
That's exactly what I did with Argosy. I'm using Grunfeld now, just looking into neck. The one thing I'm seeing is Caro. Am I forgetting a good neck piece (for King's)?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 11:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Fotia vs Caro. Neither is very atrong on KJ though I think the 1% return on Fotia makes it slightly better.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-06 11:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updated SS with Utu grip involved?
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-06 15:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

go with the 12Dex / 20 Accuracy / DA path on Argosy head.

I did this too, just makes sense for such a large amount of acc.

Think of it this way, if you where to put 30 acc on a cape instead of 30 str, you are trading 10 str for 10 acc. however if you Do the path D your trading only 12 str 20 attack for 20 acc 3 DA, a much better increase per point of str. I am not sure on war, but for my drk I also am fairly certain 3 da > 20 attack also :D
By kazekostryge 2017-01-06 15:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a non crippling higher acc set for savage blade. Trying to hit it reliably on omen nms just with non idris torpor but the reikiko is a big set back accuracy wise.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 20:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
go with the 12Dex / 20 Accuracy / DA path on Argosy head.

I did this too, just makes sense for such a large amount of acc.

Think of it this way, if you where to put 30 acc on a cape instead of 30 str, you are trading 10 str for 10 acc. however if you Do the path D your trading only 12 str 20 attack for 20 acc 3 DA, a much better increase per point of str. I am not sure on war, but for my drk I also am fairly certain 3 da > 20 attack also :D

That has be thinking a bit, looks like a better all-around trade off, especially as some of us have a larger discrepancy in accuracy due to HQ gear in TP sets.

12 STR 12 DEX 20 Atk
20 STR 30 Acc 20 Atk 10DA

32 STR 12 DEX 30 Acc 40 Atk 10 DA
vs

00 STR 12 DEX 20 Acc 3 DA
30 STR 20 Acc 20 Atk 10 DA

30 STR 12 DEX 40 Acc 20 Atk 13 DA

So ultimately 2 STR 20 Atk vs 10 Acc 3 DA, kinda liking the trade off.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 20:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kazekostryge said: »
Anyone got a non crippling higher acc set for savage blade. Trying to hit it reliably on omen nms just with non idris torpor but the reikiko is a big set back accuracy wise.

What are you using now? I use mostly WSD Augmented Reisen gear with HQ Blurred shield. NQ Blurred, some decent augments and sushi should be fine for the thinker.
By kazekostryge 2017-01-06 21:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you using now? I use mostly WSD Augmented Reisen gear with HQ Blurred shield. NQ Blurred, some decent augments and sushi should be fine for the thinker.

Im using the same, however, I want to achieve capped hit rate with just non idris torpor. Running two geos so no bard and using other buffs over precision. I guess the real question is what are some readily swappable pieces without having to try and get high acc with wa damage augments. Have access to everything
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 23:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Im using the same, however, I want to achieve capped hit rate with just non idris torpor. Running two geos so no bard and using other buffs over precision

We run with One GEO + one BRD and the GEO never does Torpor or Precision but Frailty + Fury. BRD does HM and two attack songs, NQ GEO Precision or Torpor is stronger then HM's accuracy bonus.

The best I can think is you made a bunch of +WSD pieces but didn't include +accuracy in them and so your WSing at less then 100TP under your TP set. Distract from the GEO is -35 evasion so that should help too. Your best bet is to go through your Savage Pieces and remove ones that don't have accuracy on them, no amount of +WSD is going to make up for consistently whiffing WS's.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-06 23:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Im using the same, however, I want to achieve capped hit rate with just non idris torpor. Running two geos so no bard and using other buffs over precision

We run with One GEO + one BRD and the GEO never does Torpor or Precision but Frailty + Fury. BRD does HM and two attack songs, NQ GEO Precision or Torpor is stronger then HM's accuracy bonus.

The best I can think is you made a bunch of +WSD pieces but didn't include +accuracy in them and so your WSing at less then 100TP under your TP set. Distract from the GEO is -35 evasion so that should help too. Your best bet is to go through your Savage Pieces and remove ones that don't have accuracy on them, no amount of +WSD is going to make up for consistently whiffing WS's.

And to piggy back on this if you have access to everything then the best option will be to get a bunch of stones and sit in Norg.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-07 00:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i just did last night 800 fern, best aug was 9 str 4 wsd 2 acc.... i fing hate aug stones. Without 30 acc you might as well just /toss (though 20 is probably usable) if your looking at high end NMS
By kazekostryge 2017-01-07 01:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses. Definitely hate auging for long periods of time but guess there is no choice.
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 224 225 226