(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 206 207 208
 Asura.Ganno
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-01 17:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It is very situationnal, each sub has pros and cons, just think for yourself which will provide you more than less, for the upcoming situation (lvl content, pt setup,...)

Sometimes you will want /sam for the all the bonus ppl listed above

Sometimes you will want /war to lower your def to enhance your
Scarlet Delirium buffer...

And so on...

So Bamboom, /war can be a death sentence but it can not also :)
By Bamboom 2016-12-01 17:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks for all the insight all!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-01 17:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That just means samurai sub is still more favorable, but I'm not counting those petty bonuses.
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-01 20:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Very surprised that nobody brought up /RUN.

Tenebrae x2 will make it so the Attack Bonus from Endark II does not decay. Swordplay grants +60 Accuracy. Tenacity and Inquartata mitigate damage. You get access to Aquaveil. You gain Flash as an Enmity generation spell if you find yourself wanting/needing to tank.

I'm quite fond of DRK/RUN
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2016-12-01 20:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome. Good to hear on feedback using /RUN. Thanks for the input!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-01 20:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to downplay /RUN's effectiveness (it is a good sub), but Swordplay caps at +60 accuracy. It won't reach that level of potency until it has been active for ~1 minute (so halfway before wearing off).
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-01 21:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »
It is very situationnal, each sub has pros and cons, just think for yourself which will provide you more than less, for the upcoming situation (lvl content, pt setup,...)

Sometimes you will want /sam for the all the bonus ppl listed above

Sometimes you will want /war to lower your def to enhance your
Scarlet Delirium buffer...

And so on...

So Bamboom, /war can be a death sentence but it can not also :)

Scarlet Delirium! I always forget to mention that point. I tend to exploit the hell out of this ability since you can get up to a x1.49 attack multiplier. /WAR tends to make that easier usually although very risky.
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-01 22:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Scarlet Delirium! I always forget to mention that point

Vet DRK here and still forgets to use that lol :)
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-01 23:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bloodlusty said: »
Scarlet Delirium! I always forget to mention that point

Vet DRK here and still forgets to use that lol :)

lol. Said forget to mention, not forget to use. I pop it beginning of any and all fights with the Plastron set on following LR/Berserk.

Dropping to 100 HP beginning of a fight is dangerous but ooooooh the damage of my swings is monstrous.
 Asura.Ganno
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-02 02:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Scarlet Delirium,
this is the set i use
ItemSet 348016

+75% PDT

The bonus from mantle (+5crit) does not stack with Rancor Collar or Begrudging Ring, but anyone tested if this goes as well for the malus (+10% DT) ?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-02 07:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Malus? After a quick search I'm not completely sure what that is... Oh, by the way... Since your question got me to searching +DT items I ran across Kubira Bead Necklace (Funny enough I used to own one of these many years ago) from the Einherar NPC for an extra +5% DT.

I don't have the Onyx set but I plan on making it eith my Smithing mule soon enough so we'll see how that goes.

I don't completely agree with the the Minerva ring (-8%MDT) but that set looks pretty good overall.

Edit: Rancor items require max Tomberry hate or at least a high number of kills iirc. As someone who still to this day erases Tonb. hate it wouldn't work for me. :/
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-12-02 21:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The bonus from mantle (+5crit) does not stack with Rancor Collar or Begrudging Ring, but anyone tested if this goes as well for the malus (+10% DT) ?
Malus? After a quick search I'm not completely sure what that is...

Regarding the context of the sentence, I'll take a shot in the dark here and translate malus as malice which leads me to believe Ganno is asking whether or not the DT+ effect stacks across rencor/begruding items regardless of the fact that the crit % doesn't. Wiki does a poor job of stating precisely which effect does or does not stack so I'm guessing they mean both but it still lacks confirmation. I've never taken the time to test personally but it shouldn't be too hard for Ganno to do so.

If I'm wrong on this please enlighten us on what malus is! I'd like to know.
 Siren.Flannelman
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-12-03 01:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont forget Kubira Beads to add to your damage taken set
 Asura.Ganno
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-03 06:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zaryun said: »
Malus? After a quick search I'm not completely sure what that is...

Regarding the context of the sentence, I'll take a shot in the dark here and translate malus as malice which leads me to believe Ganno is asking whether or not the DT+ effect stacks across rencor/begruding items regardless of the fact that the crit % doesn't. Wiki does a poor job of stating precisely which effect does or does not stack so I'm guessing they mean both but it still lacks confirmation. I've never taken the time to test personally but it shouldn't be too hard for Ganno to do so.

If I'm wrong on this please enlighten us on what malus is! I'd like to know.

You resumed/"translated" it perfectly.
So yeah, if no one knows/tested it yet, i'll take the time for it.

And yes, if DT+ from rancor items dont stack, Kubira beads is BiS for neck.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-03 14:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a long time but I believe a friend of mine tested it and never found any data suggesting Grudge/Rancor +DT stacks across the pieces, same as the Crit+. (the mantle and the neck piece specifically at least)

If someone wants to test this though, that would be great. If it doesn't, Kubira it is. :)
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-03 17:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

for those with argosy helm+1 did you go path A or D? 12 str is nice but so is 20 acc 3 DA for reso... I mainly use drk on 135+ mobs
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-05 03:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

12 STR, 9 Accuraccy, 29 Attack Vs. 29 Accuracy, 3% DA. I would think Path A, you'd get better overall damage vs a few chances at DA/extra spike damage.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-07 00:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Added Reforged Artifact-Relic-Empyrean to the guide.
[+]
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-07 00:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

12 STR, 9 Accuraccy, 29 Attack Vs. 29 Accuracy, 3% DA. I would think Path A, you'd get better overall damage vs a few chances at DA/extra spike damage.

Head - A
Body - A
Hands - D
Legs - A
Feet - A
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-07 12:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats how I have it now, but the Head on path D for HQ seems quite nice sinec Reso on high end mobs is really lacking acc for WS set and 20 acc 3DA vs 12 str is a hard choice at that point.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-07 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you already have the +1, it will only cost you 3000 Silt to re-augment to a different path. In which case, I would suggest try path D and see if it works out better for you than path A. No real loss overall.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-08 23:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Version 2 is now under construction! (as of 12/09/16)

current changelog:

• Added a new Banner Graphic; looking into creating code for it so the table of contents in the Graphic are clickable.*

• Updated sections I, II, III & IV with edits and new information.

• High-End Defensive/Magic sets are now split into separate sections: VI-3 for High-end Defensive sets, and VI-4 for High-end Magical sets.

• Added Reforged Artifact-Relic-Empyrean to the first segment of the Armor section.

• Added placeholders for endgame sections: Ambuscade, Escha/Reisenjima, Alluvion Skirmish, Sinister Reign, & Vagary. Added details for Tojil.

• Renamed Merits section as "Merits & Capacity;" added Capacity & Job Points parameters as a sub-category.

*I'd like to give some flair to the guide's layout, instead of leaving it as a wall of text. Make it a sight for sore eyes and an effort to revitalize the guide from my time of absence, if you will.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pilipinoboi
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Pilipinoboi 2016-12-09 03:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »

current changelog:

• Added a new Banner Graphic; looking into creating code for it so the table of contents in the Graphic are clickable.*

• High-End Defensive/Magic sets are now split into separate sections: VI-3 for High-end Defensive sets, and VI-4 for High-end Magical sets.

• Added Reforged Artifact-Relic-Empyrean to the first segment of the Armor section.

• Added placeholders for endgame sections: Ambuscade, Escha/Reisenjima, Alluvion Skirmish, Sinister Reign, & Vagary. Added details for Tojil.

• Renamed Merits section as "Merits & Capacity;" added Capacity & Job Points parameters as a sub-category.

*I'd like to give some flair to the guide's layout, instead of leaving it as a wall of text. Make it a sight for sore eyes and an effort to revitalize the guide from my time of absence, if you will.

DJ Khaled voice: "I appreciate you. You smawwwt, you loyal. Key to success."

Thanks for the update Quetz!
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-09 14:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to start editing sets?
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-09 14:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Yes, I could start editing sets right now. However, I still need to organize which builds are current for TP/WS/Defense/Magic, and so on. I assume most of these have been posted in the Gearswap script thread?
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-09 14:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For the Haste and LR/DB table can you add the amount of gear haste needed when you receive Haste II? Ignore the request if I just over looked it already being there. I figure receiving Haste II will be more common than knowing how much +March gear the Bard has in many situations.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-09 14:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I could start editing sets right now. However, I still need to organize which builds are current for TP/WS/Defense/Magic, and so on. I assume most of these have been posted in the Gearswap script thread?

ya more or less its up to date. It would still be better to even just have those, and then get people critiquing for BiS later.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-09 14:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
For the Haste and LR/DB table can you add the amount of gear haste needed when you receive Haste II? Ignore the request if I just over looked it already being there. I figure receiving Haste II will be more common than knowing how much +March gear the Bard has in many situations.
Nice catch, I almost forgot about Haste II (307/1024) being thrown into the equation these days. Since it was originally Stani's chart, I'll have to peruse it to make the proper additions.

On that note, continuing from Azagarth's inquiry, I should prune some of the Non-RMEA sets to eventually update them with current Non-RMEA sets.

ya more or less its up to date. It would still be better to even just have those, and then get people critiquing for BiS later.
Sweet, I'll have to review it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-09 14:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

current changelog:

Consider adding more cowbell.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-12-09 14:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's old content and I doubt many search here for relative information about VW but Qilin's atma of exhortation should be on the list of VW atmas. With a good 3/4 step light/darkness it will help you drop most NM's without displacers, up until jeuno II T4's.

It's very useful when you find yourself soloing during a VW campaign.

Also /THF is a useful but situational sub these days and the only sub you'll find yourself using on Erinys if you decide to go as DRK. It will never out do a serious Empy/Mythic THF but it's very capable of holding it's own with the right gear.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 206 207 208