(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 203 204 205
By afheal 2016-12-09 15:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an updated drk spreadsheet available by any chance?
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-09 17:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zaryun said: »
I know it's old content and I doubt many search here for relative information about VW but Qilin's atma of exhortation should be on the list of VW atmas. With a good 3/4 step light/darkness it will help you drop most NM's without displacers, up until jeuno II T4's.

It's very useful when you find yourself soloing during a VW campaign.

Hmm, good point. that VIT+5 is a nice perk as well for Torcleaver spam.

Quote:
Also /THF is a useful but situational sub these days and the only sub you'll find yourself using on Erinys if you decide to go as DRK. It will never out do a serious Empy/Mythic THF but it's very capable of holding it's own with the right gear.

I see your point- The problem I see is, /THF is usable for one one NM, as far as my knowledge goes. Either way, I can just add that detail to the endgame section for Reisenjima NMs.

afheal said: »
Is there an updated drk spreadsheet available by any chance?

I haven't been able to find anything new yet. All I've found out is, BlueGartr's FFXI forums have a sticky post for DPS Spreadsheets. However, Motenten, the author of the spreadsheets, quit the game and the spreadsheets provided are currently outdated. If there's a new resource for DPS spreadsheets/calculators out there, I'd be very willing to include it in Section 8.

Anna Ruthven said: »
Consider adding more cowbell.

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2016-12-09 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

/THF does have some uses, TH2 if DRK is your main farming job and flee access can help with some solo things.

I understand it's near useless but it worth mentioning it's uses and how DRK can use SA and TA.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
user: Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-12-09 17:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
I see your point- The problem I see is, /THF is usable for one one NM, as far as my knowledge goes. Either way, I can just add that detail to the endgame section for Reisenjima NMs.

I posted a bunch of SS's way back on page 83 of what /THF is capable of. Like I said it's situational and works best on low-man pop NM's you can already have 3k TP ready for. If you have an SC partner even better.

Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
/THF does have some uses, TH2 if DRK is your main farming job and flee access can help with some solo things.

I completely forgot to mention those! Seriously you're a stand up guy for helping me out there. No pun intended btw, you'd have to be funny first!
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-09 17:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Added those details to /THF.

Just to be clear, I've never doubted the capability behind /THF. I only meant to say that it has such limited use these days that I neglect to even mention it. o3o;
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-09 18:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ALSO HOORAY PAGE #100
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
user: Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-12-09 18:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Added those details to /THF.

Just to be clear, I've never doubted the capability behind /THF. I only meant to say that it has such limited use these days that I neglect to even mention it. o3o;

I agree to an extent. It has more use now with the kind of dmg Torcleaver can produce and the nature of popping NMs and the process of doing so (fully restored MP for consume mana) than it ever did in the past.

Personally I don't find much time to use it these days on anything but Erinys but its still viable for a host of lower content. Creating a solid Torcleaver build is an easier goal for most up and coming DRK's than full agrosy +1 and an AG Ragnarok so using /THF on content that might be relevant to them (could) help. I'm not saying that /THF is a necessity but it's definitely a legitimate option for a nice amount of content.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-12 13:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was curious and wanted others' input on this. With Anguta's Aftermath (Mind you this is more for solo purposes than for group content) the number of steps you need in order to perform Umbra decreases with each tier of TP. (1k= 4-step, 2k= 3-step, 3k= 2-step)

I haven't had much time to fiddle with it but taking in WS properties, activating at 2000 TP seems optimal (At least on paper). By that I mean performing Entropy(Gravitation) at 2000 to get Aftermath then using Cross Reaper(Distortion) for Darkness and following up with Quietus(Darkness). This will either equal a double Darkness or end in an Umbra, using up your Aftermath effect.

Thoughts?
 Asura.Ganno
Server: Asura
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-12 13:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think so.

I personally start the skillchain with Insurgency at 1k tp then do Entropy -> CR -> Quietus/Entropy .
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2016-12-12 13:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like to open with 300% entropy > cross reaper, and the Cross Reaper should be an umbra as it was off the 300% Entropy. I tend to use Entropy as my opening WS when using Anguta, and just make darkness.

I haven't found the umbra damage to be crazy nor using bursts when going DRK anyways, since we are doing a melee strat.

Also spamming cross at 1250ish, lets you hit for 2k tp anyways. (tp bonus + moonshade)

I have seen some really big Entropys too, 30k+ on harder content (with buffs of course).

I almost NEVER use Quietus. (aside from some special stepped skill chain that needs it?)
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-12 13:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, you know, how is Quietus these days? From what I've learned after playing again, TP Bars were reworked, and it looks like TP modifiers have more of an impact with WS that have heavy TP modifiers. Is Quietus affected by this?
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2016-12-12 14:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so, Quietus "Delivers a triple damage attack that ignores target's defense. Amount ignored varies with TP."

Cross Reaper really is the bread and butter with Apoc/Anguta; Liberator may make Insurgency good with its boost. (But even then Id imagine you fall back on Cross Reaper outside of getting AM or making a light SC?) (Lib DRK's can weigh in on that).
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-12 14:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

@Quetz: Quietus, some will argue it's not worth it considering it's fTP is stagnate. However it has the same mods as Cross Reaper and is very consistent on damage (albeit lower overall damage) as long as you don't miss. All in all, I enjoy using it. Bat Signal gooooooo!

@Pert: Yeah I understand that. Just this is more for when I'm by myself versus a group. In group content I'd just go for the strongest WS I have.

@Ganno: Would Entropy as the second and fourth step actually count as part of the 4-step count? I only ask since I prefer to play /WAR and anything beyond 3-step is a bit more difficult on my end due to how I gear towards DA Vs STP.

Funny enough, I thought it was common knowledge that with multi-step Skillchains each subsequent SC increases in damage. Had to explain this the other day to someone in my linkshell much to my surprise.

Closing with Quietus probably isn't the brightest idea, it slipped my mind that Entropy gains Darkness property under aftermath.
[+]
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-12 15:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yes it counts.
using entropy as the second is like opening with it @2K TP.
and once AM is up, using it as fourth does umbra yup.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-12 15:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »
yes it counts.
using entropy as the second is like opening with it @2K TP.
and once AM is up, using it as fourth does umbra yup.

Good to know, thanks!
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-12 16:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Pertalee said: »
Also spamming cross at 1250ish, lets you hit for 2k tp anyways. (tp bonus + moonshade)

Works amazing when you have a warrior hitting warcry in the party, +700 tp on top of that also
[+]
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-12 16:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Pertalee said: »
Cross Reaper really is the bread and butter with Apoc/Anguta; Liberator may make Insurgency good with its boost. (But even then Id imagine you fall back on Cross Reaper outside of getting AM or making a light SC?) (Lib DRK's can weigh in on that).

I still pull very good numbers with my insurgency build due to massive wsd dmg and acc augs. Still wont beat reso but that's a touchy subject
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-12 18:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

*looks at banner graphic*
*notices the top and bottom slices resize themselves*

...YOU HAD ONE *** JOB, IMGUR. iS2G
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2016-12-12 18:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearing wsdmg on Insurgency? I'll have to try that out then, think mine is set up for multihit/acc. Doesn't WSdmg only affect the first hit?
By aisukage 2016-12-12 18:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You know although it is Messed up atm I can see that it is going to look amazing :D Happy to see it being worked on again.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-12 18:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »

You know although it is Messed up atm I can see that it is going to look amazing :D Happy to see it being worked on again.
I appreciate it! and I fixed it. Had to use more slices. >_>;
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-12 19:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Changelog (as of 12/12/16):

• Title Banner is now interactive with clickable buttons!

• Merged Weapons & Armor for the sake of practicality.

• Edited a few sections and currently looking to do a trim-down.

• Added placeholder for endgame section: Omen.

• High-End Sets are now split into separate sections: DPS, PDT/MDT & Magic.

More to come!
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-12-12 21:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Changelog (as of 12/12/16):

• Title Banner is now interactive with clickable buttons!

• Merged Weapons & Armor for the sake of practicality.

• Edited a few sections and currently looking to do a trim-down.

• Added placeholder for endgame section: Omen.

• High-End Sets are now split into separate sections: DPS, PDT/MDT & Magic.

More to come!

So glad you came back to the game! Making my life simpler!! and i'm sure everyone else who has learned from this guide or contributes.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-12 21:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A quick after-thought. Since Aeonics come with "Increases Magic Burst Potency" that might be extra incentive to use Anguta for Magic Bursted Drain 3.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-12 22:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a notice:

Gathering Gearsets for posting at a later date from the lua/gearswap thread, so I'll have those sections as up-to-date as possible once I make some reworks on the guide's layout.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bigt
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bigt
By Lakshmi.Bigt 2016-12-12 23:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For gear sets, would it be too much to have RMEA specific sets so that people can maximize whatever weapon their self esteem is tied to?

Nvm it's already there. It's a nice place to put as close to BiS pieces as possible.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-12 23:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be including Aeonics as well.
By Bamboom 2016-12-12 23:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

AF body + 3 and Legs +3 look absolutely amazing for WS. Also we get a Triple attack +5 body...
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-12 23:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

meh most of it looks very good until you realize there is NO stp basically which means it probably will still lose.... why could they not toss like 8 stp on af and stuff?

with all this massive multiattack gear not having stp,maybe its time for /war and lowering a xhit now?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-13 00:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like we got gypped on the +3 Feet. :|
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 203 204 205