(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 206 207 208
 Asura.Bloodlusty
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-13 00:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Pertalee said: »
Gearing wsdmg on Insurgency? I'll have to try that out then, think mine is set up for multihit/acc. Doesn't WSdmg only affect the first hit?

Yeah only affects first hit, but with insurgencys 30% plus all my augs I pull +52% on first hit so technically get another half hits worth of damage, this linked with high acc augs will deliver better numbers then then poor ws based stats that come with the ws

I'm still pretty confident I seen 40% for all 269 weps when the patch came out though. I know BG says 30%, I could be mistaken though
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-13 00:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
A quick after-thought. Since Aeonics come with "Increases Magic Burst Potency" that might be extra incentive to use Anguta for Magic Bursted Drain 3.

Still can get +20% with Dacnomania, the better option for it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-13 00:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+3 legs look amazing. I like
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-13 00:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bloodlusty said: »
A quick after-thought. Since Aeonics come with "Increases Magic Burst Potency" that might be extra incentive to use Anguta for Magic Bursted Drain 3.

Still can get +20% with Dacnomania, the better option for it

Aye. I haven't seen a Dacnomania drop yet sadly.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
AF+3 legs look amazing. I like

I feel like I'm being punked with some of the AF upgraded pieces. Please tell me I'm reading these correctly...
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-13 00:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I'm being punked with some of the AF upgraded pieces. Please tell me I'm reading these correctly...

Please put up the link, I cant find them lol
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-13 00:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bloodlusty said: »
Fenrir.Pertalee said: »
Gearing wsdmg on Insurgency? I'll have to try that out then, think mine is set up for multihit/acc. Doesn't WSdmg only affect the first hit?

Yeah only affects first hit, but with insurgencys 30% plus all my augs I pull +52% on first hit so technically get another half hits worth of damage, this linked with high acc augs will deliver better numbers then then poor ws based stats that come with the ws

I'm still pretty confident I seen 40% for all 269 weps when the patch came out though. I know BG says 30%, I could be mistaken though

What TP percent do you usually WS at? WSD is okay for AM3 activation, but if you're using that same set on 1000% Insurgencies then that isn't very good.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-13 00:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/December_2016_Version_Update_Changes
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-13 03:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I was looking at is most of our +3 af has a big chuck of str coupled with int and mnd, many of these pieces may be very good for scythe based ws's.

Like the legs for example is 50 str AND 40 int, which is just insane 90 ws stats. Not to mention enthropy now should be able to break +200 int with a little work which is a very high amount :D

Overall not as impressive as some jobs but the body will be BiS on cata/torc/scourge/quietus/CR among others. really the only ws not being great with it is Reso at first glance.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-13 03:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo many awesome pieces!

If only that grip would have been VIT, MND, INT but DEX.

Rest is insane , whole AF+3 set has his uses and the new accessories for absorb/drain and WS great also.

I really wish i had that Hauberk now...
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2016-12-13 09:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There is some really nice stuff on those +3 pieces for Drk. Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of work to do!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-13 09:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The DEX on the grip I find to be okay if you're struggling a bit on Accuracy with attack food. It's *** insane either way.

The DRK body+3 is growing on me. Not only are we looking at an additional 1K damage at the least, but also, I'm more inclined to build an enfeebling set for my DRK, since I have RDM and Enfeebling merits. I started the game as a RDM, so it hit a soft spot for me.

Legs are win for WS, Head is a beefy alternative to Pixie Hairpin+1, hands are a good piece for Self-SC with Torcleaver/Catastrophe/etc. But did I already mention the Feet+3 look like an identity crisis?

That Triple Attack Body Piece and Quad Attack Ring look boss, and i'mma want that Dark Magic neckpiece for DRK, RDM and GEO...

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Overall not as impressive as some jobs but the body will be BiS on cata/torc/scourge/quietus/CR among others. really the only ws not being great with it is Reso at first glance.

Worth a shot with Reso if you're getting consistent ws damage with your current Reso Build. Might help to spike into higher numbers. A bonus 1K+ damage is welcome for today's standards IMO.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-13 15:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said:
I'm more inclined to build an enfeebling set for my DRK, since I have RDM and Enfeebling merits.

You may already be aware of this, but your wording indicates that perhaps you are not: you can actually fully merit every magic skill now, as well as every combat skill.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-13 23:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quetzacoatl said:
I'm more inclined to build an enfeebling set for my DRK, since I have RDM and Enfeebling merits.

You may already be aware of this, but your wording indicates that perhaps you are not: you can actually fully merit every magic skill now, as well as every combat skill.
Ah, yeah, I did indeed notice that.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-14 05:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
But did I already mention the Feet+3 look like an identity crisis?

It is best Absorb piece for the slot now!
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-12-14 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »

I'd find that to be more believable if it had some INT on it, but I guess that's just a personal preference I have. Heathen+3 might beat it out in the coming months ahead.

EDIT: I overlooked the huge amount of Magic Accuracy on it. Wow, okay, that does makes them pretty awesome for landing absorbs.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-14 13:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd find that to be more believable if it had some INT on it, but I guess that's just a personal preference I have. Heathen+3 might beat it out in the coming months ahead.

EDIT: I overlooked the huge amount of Magic Accuracy on it. Wow, okay, that does makes them pretty awesome for landing absorbs.

INT isn't important for DRK, unless you're making elemental/enfeebling sets. For absorbs you generally want a ton of magic accuracy, and fill the rest with Absorb-specific equipment.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-14 13:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

INT isn't important for DRK, unless you're making elemental/enfeebling sets. For absorbs you generally want a ton of magic accuracy, and fill the rest with Absorb-specific equipment.

This, many times over.

Also side note, none of the AF+3 has sTP on it which really hurts your xhit build if you plan on using legs for TP. Those 10% DA legs might only be worth it in DA bonus ws such as reso.

The body.... 10% on the first hit of reso sounds appealing, should beat NQ body/HQ. Might be on par with HQ body/HQ legs (if not slightly better). Comparing them would be....

AF+3 both pieces HQ BODY/HQ LEGS path A NQ BODY/HQ LEGS path A
DEF: 314 DEF: 273 DEF: 272
HP: 252 HP: 125 HP: 105
MP: 172 MP: N/A MP: N/A
STR: 96 STR: 101 STR: 99
DEX: 44 DEX: 69 DEX: 57
VIT: 70 VIT: N/A VIT: N/A
AGI: 55 AGI: N/A AGI: N/A
INT: 69 INT: N/A INT: N/A
MND: 51 MND: N/A MND: N/A
CHR: 49 CHR: N/A CHR: N/A
ACC: 99 ACC: 72 ACC: 62
Acc w/dex 132 Acc w/dex 123.75 ACC w/dex 104.75
ATTK: 93 ATTK: 112 ATTK: 97
EVA: 108 EVA: -27 EVA: -26
M.EVA: 152 M.EVA: N/A M.EVA: N/A
M.DEF: 9 M.DEF: N/A M.Def: N/A
Enfeeble skill: 22 Enfeeble skill: N/A Enfeeble skill: N/A
Haste 8% Haste 8% Haste 8%
WSDMG: 10% WSDMG: N/A WSDMG: N/A
Parry skill: 21 Parry skill: N/A Parry skill: N/A
Double Attack: 10% Double Attack: 13%(w/set bonus) Double Attack: 8%

Personally I will be ditching the argosy +1 for the AF+3 body/legs, much easier/cheaper to obtain and a gain in many places with a loss of very little. In my eyeball opinion, AF+3 body/legs will win for reso.
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-14 14:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

This, many times over.

Also side note, none of the AF+3 has sTP on it which really hurts your xhit build if you plan on using legs for TP. Those 10% DA legs might only be worth it in DA bonus ws such as reso.

The body.... 10% on the first hit of reso sounds appealing, should beat NQ body/HQ. Might be on par with HQ body/HQ legs (if not slightly better). Comparing them would be....

AF+3 both pieces HQ BODY/HQ LEGS path A NQ BODY/HQ LEGS path A
DEF: 314 DEF: 273 DEF: 272
HP: 252 HP: 125 HP: 105
MP: 172 MP: N/A MP: N/A
STR: 96 STR: 101 STR: 99
DEX: 44 DEX: 69 DEX: 57
VIT: 70 VIT: N/A VIT: N/A
AGI: 55 AGI: N/A AGI: N/A
INT: 69 INT: N/A INT: N/A
MND: 51 MND: N/A MND: N/A
CHR: 49 CHR: N/A CHR: N/A
ACC: 99 ACC: 72 ACC: 62
ATTK: 93 ATTK: 112 ATTK: 97
EVA: 108 EVA: -27 EVA: -26
M.EVA: 152 M.EVA: N/A M.EVA: N/A
M.DEF: 9 M.DEF: N/A M.Def: N/A
Enfeeble skill: 22 Enfeeble skill: N/A Enfeeble skill: N/A
Haste 8% Haste 8% Haste 8%
WSDMG: 10% WSDMG: N/A WSDMG: N/A
Parry skill: 21 Parry skill: N/A Parry skill: N/A
Double Attack: 10% Double Attack: 11%(w/set bonus) Double Attack: 8%

Personally I will be ditching the argosy +1 for the AF+3 body/legs, much easier/cheaper to obtain and a gain in many places with a loss of very little. In my eyeball opinion, AF+3 body/legs will win for reso.

While you aren't lying, I would recommend a change to your Accuracy count to Total Accuracy (Including DEX) or just add to the table below because the DEX difference brings the HQ/HQ combo closer to +3/+3.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-14 14:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Argosy with dex wins by 1.75 acc.

Edit: math check AF+3 wins on acc 132 with dex
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-14 15:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of +3 vs. Argosy HQ, I guess what matters is how dangerous the enemy is. You can afford to use Argosy +1 on targets who only damage the tank, but on anything else you lose so much defense, magic defense, magic evasion, and other stats. Attack doesn't matter as much these days, so it's down to the accuracy and double attack which is marginal.

Argosy HQ pulls ahead still .. but is it worth getting if you don't have already? I would prefer the +3s. Not sure if HQs are worth the price tag now. Chances are the Relic/Empyrean +3s will make them even more marginal.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-14 15:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda how I see it, if you haven't got the argosy +1 already, I suggest not putting forth the gil/effort. Save yourself the 150-300 mil whatever it cost on your server.

argosy+1 is only beating AF+3 by 5 str, 1 DA, less than 2 acc, and 19 attack (not counting str) With debuffs/buffs attack won't matter, less than 2 acc barely matters in terms of 1500-1800+ acc and finally DS/NV absorb-str is so massive str won't be noticeable. Especially when you are gaining 10% wsdmg, even with it only on the first hit you can probably count that for a good 1k dmg gain.

Time for the price jacking crafters to take a break.

[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-14 17:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Argosy with dex wins by 1.75 acc.

Loses by 8.25 Acc, unless those stats are wrong.

27 Acc vs. 25 DEX (18.75)
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-14 17:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc is 3/4 dex, with path A on both body and legs that is 69 dex, 3/4 is 51.75 plus the 72 pure acc = 123.75

Af+3 is 33 from dex + 99 straight acc = 122

Argosy +1 only beats af+3 by 1.75

[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-14 17:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

think you better double check what 99 + 33 is
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-14 17:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahaha, oh ***you're right. I will fix it. That is what happens when you do math in traffic
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-12-14 23:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 4/5 HQ argosy now but still 0/66 on the body. Think I will save the +200 mil buying the voodoo hauberk and focus on AF3 body instead, or the dagon breastplate is also a decent option for a ws build
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-15 01:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

so for those of us who are 4/5 hq with no body (yet), we basically fuct ourselves spending 160m or whatever on this?

Or its still BIS and we can just grab af3 body and have a merry christmas?

I'm speaking for myself here. Please don't make me unsub from the game ;;;;
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-15 11:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I am 4/5 hq myself, cost me about the same 160ish, still need hq body (which I will now NOT be getting) I will make the af+3 body first to slot in placement until I have both body and legs. Seems more ideal to just fill in the missing pieces first. Save yourself the remaining gil and go for the af+3, eventually you will want legs too, those beat argosy legs all day with 10% DA.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-12-15 14:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would agree with most here. If you don't have HQ body/legs already, put your energy into +2/3. Argosy +1 head/hands/feet are still pretty pimp so those are worth trying for.

I'm very pleased with the +2/3 gear and accessories that have come out. My DRK is happy in the pants.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-15 15:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ Body path A /AF+3 LEGS
DEF: 294
HP: 156
MP: N/A
STR: 96
DEX: 61
VIT: 31
AGI: 26
INT: 40
MND: 22
CHR: 20
ACC: 89
Acc w/dex 134.75
ATTK: 105
EVA: 31
M.EVA: 84
M.Def: 4
Haste 8%
Double Attack: 14%

For those of you that have the +1 Body already you can increase your accuracy and gain 3% DA if you just swap in +3 legs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 206 207 208