Altana Viewer
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Jiib
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: jiibjiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2014-12-29 01:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Update Where? How? When? Sombra tights on a dude is just...... No.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kuzy
Server: Cerberus
user: Juzy
By Cerberus.Kuzy 2015-01-10 20:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

soo.. Krizz has been posting/hosting the latest Altana Viewers however they're still out of date... (to what I have found)

and the Altana Viewer website is in Japanese and I cant get it to translate >_>

so... anyone have the most up-to-date Altana Viewer?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2015-01-20 14:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a website?

I can't promise that I'll have Altana Viewer updated anytime soon, but I'm going to try to get my website caught up. I haven't done anything FFXI related since August.
By Korvana 2015-02-04 03:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could find the file for Ipetam (dagger, sub hand) I would be very grateful. It's for my video project.
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-03 23:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are the thunder files? The files don't exist for me in that location designated by Altanaviewer...

Also, music past Promathia doesn't work. Any reason why?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-04 09:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Music files after CoP were changed to a different file format that AltanaView can't play, I think they might be a little smaller to save space.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-03-04 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the songs don't work properly...
and haven't worked for years...
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-05 10:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
[...]As she said [...]
TT_TT Even in text... on a forum... with no visual to accompany...
I get mistaken for a girl... (It happens IRL... it happens in FFXI... it happens over phone/skype/whatever... I don't have a feminine voice... and have a male Elvaan for a character... T_T)

It doesn't really bother me, but it's weird that people go for "woman" rather than the more obvious (to me) "gay man"...
I mean... my username is basically GayGaytheGay... lol

Anyways, I think I'll start doing this. Seems Krizz is busy with life.
My last update I think was the last Krizz released, has the RUN empy set and the ergon weapons. I sorted the lists for EVM since that's what my character is.
Will have to do that for the other 6 race-genders.
It'll give me something to do. (data structures are cool downs for me... though this is just lists... close enough.)
And I like helping people.
I'll post again with an update. (though I'm not sure how to grab old dats without going through one by one like a crazy person. My lists lack the glowy Meebles weapons... and I'm not sure where to begin with the leafkin hat, egg beater club, heart apron, sheep hat, cait sith hat, leafkin clubs, flan mask, incursion armor, cait sith guard, A!skirmish weapons -armor should be old models-, marlboro cap, WKR/delve katana, marlboro shield, and dunna/aettir... since that's what's missing from my lists and ListXIupdates only seems to read the last update... so... that's no help with old stuff.)
I know enough japanese, so I'll check out a JP release to see if I can pirate older dat locations from it.

It'll be a few days before results.

EDIT: Well... ***. I think the official Altanaviewer site is dead. so... bluh.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-30 07:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Can you update Viewer without being subscribed?
To ffxi? Yes. Just need to have the game updated.
So...no? I haven't been subbed to update in about a year now.
Should be able to update without being subscribed, just can't access characters/servers.
Oh...I spent way too much time watching FFXI updates, I think I've reconsidered. XD
just set the update and go to bed check it in the morning.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-26 13:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if there is any up to date list among the jp community.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [153 days between previous and next post]
By Korvana 2015-10-26 17:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize it was as simple as editing the CSV files in a text editor. I used a C++ compiler to generate a numbered list from 285/0 to 342/127, put it in my Range CSV, and held the down key until I found interesting stuff.

Here's the current lists for Mithra: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hy4j84hlmfeea2/Mithra.zip

If you want to do the same for the other races just rename _allRange to Range, and copy stuff into the other CSVs when you find them. I don't have enough attention span to do all 7 races/genders, but you should find the corresponding DATs nearby to what I found.

I also got really lazy with the naming. Sorry.

Edit: Added three missing sub weapons.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-10 19:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Been forever since I used this, don't I need a new list?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-10 22:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You'd need new lists for each race/section. For instance, Hume M has a folder which covers:

Head
Body
Hands
Legs
Feet
Main weapons
Sub weapons/shields
Ranged weapons
Faces and hairdo's
other crap like WSs, Emotes, etc

I've updated the Hume M stuff for myself, I could host the files I suppose. For other races, unless someone else figures them out, you'd have to dig through the dats yourself. It could be simplified if you observe the lists and see that files are organized from race in order: Hume M, Hume F, Elvaan M, Elvaan F, Taru (shared for both genders), Mithra, Galka. I can get more into this if this interests you or anyone else.
By Korvana 2015-11-11 19:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated Mithra list: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hy4j84hlmfeea2/Mithra.zip

(I'm replacing the hosted file each time.)
By SagaK 2015-11-16 21:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone be so kind as to do one last update to the Altanaviewer list? I'm guessing we won't be seeing unique gear models from here on out.
[+]
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2015-11-17 23:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i'd like to see some aeonic weapons
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-17 23:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SagaK said: »
Would anyone be so kind as to do one last update to the Altanaviewer list? I'm guessing we won't be seeing unique gear models from here on out.

I was able to partially figure out Elvaan M... but the thought of organizing and naming everything for every race makes me a little sick.

An updated list would be fantastic if anyone else is much better at it.......
 Valefor.Shiroha
Server: Valefor
user: Shiroha
By Valefor.Shiroha 2015-11-21 15:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind giving it a try but I don't have the slightest idea on how to begin updating it. If you could give me a rough guide on how to do it I'll do my best
By Asura.Babyseallover 2015-11-21 22:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a list of the music '.bgw files -> Names' past WoG?

Only have a few from the add-ons in AltanaViewer atm...
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-21 22:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In Index, add:
Quote:
Music9,Final Fantasy XI - Seekers of Adoulin,9

and then make a separate file for Music9:
Quote:
057,Steel Sings Blades Dance (battle theme)
058,A New Direction (intro song)
059,The Pioneers (Western Adoulin)
060,Into Lands Primeval - Ulbuka (Jungle Theme)
061,Water's Umbral Knell (Rala Waterways)
062,Skirmish/WKR Battle (Keeper's of the Wild)
063,Sacred City of Adoulin (Eastern Adoulin)
064,Reive Battle Theme
065,Hades
066,Arciela
067,Mog Resort
1/068,Adoulin Lore
1/070,Monstrosity Battle Theme
1/072,Kamihr Drifts
1/073,Ra'Kaznar
1/074,Xol Triumvirate
1/075,Adoulin Final Battle
1/076,Adoulin Ending Song

Note that none of these will play. I'd list the Rhapsodies files, but they seem to be yet another format, this time crashing AltanaView instead of simply not playing.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-24 15:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You'd need new lists for each race/section. For instance, Hume M has a folder which covers:

Head
Body
Hands
Legs
Feet
Main weapons
Sub weapons/shields
Ranged weapons
Faces and hairdo's
other crap like WSs, Emotes, etc

I've updated the Hume M stuff for myself, I could host the files I suppose. For other races, unless someone else figures them out, you'd have to dig through the dats yourself. It could be simplified if you observe the lists and see that files are organized from race in order: Hume M, Hume F, Elvaan M, Elvaan F, Taru (shared for both genders), Mithra, Galka. I can get more into this if this interests you or anyone else.

Could you upload the database with updated hume M lists, please?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-24 17:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

For Hume M:
Main
Sub (I never got around to organizing this one and I don't care)
Ranged
Head
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-24 17:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Body
Hands
Legs
Feet

Now, using this list, it's possible to acertain dats for other races. For every group of files (like say, ROM/328/120-126 are all Escha Zi'Tah feet for Hume M), the following files of the same amount will be for the next race/gender. Also, after file 127, the sequence goes to the next folder, starting at 0. Thus, in the example, 328/127 and 329/0-5 are going to be the Escha Zi'Tah feet for Hume F. Remember that the sequence is:

Hume M
Hume F
Elvaan M
Elvaan F
Taru
Mithra
Galka
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-25 03:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Very much appreciated, thanks.
By Korvana 2015-12-10 12:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated Mithra again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hy4j84hlmfeea2/Mithra.zip

Just bodies this time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By SagaK 2016-01-12 04:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, using this list, it's possible to acertain dats for other races. For every group of files (like say, ROM/328/120-126 are all Escha Zi'Tah feet for Hume M), the following files of the same amount will be for the next race/gender. Also, after file 127, the sequence goes to the next folder, starting at 0. Thus, in the example, 328/127 and 329/0-5 are going to be the Escha Zi'Tah feet for Hume F. Remember that the sequence is:

Hume M
Hume F
Elvaan M
Elvaan F
Taru
Mithra
Galka

I tried following your directions to ascertain Tarutaru file numbers, but it came out wrong. I tried updating the Hume F list with the numbers from your example, and likewise, the wrong items are showing up. What is it I'm not understanding? :(
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-12 05:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at it, I guess they put Hume M weapons in right after that sequence of Hume M feet, so my advice was kinda shitty there. Anyway, an alternative method would be to take any slot for a race (like say, Taru Feet or something) and add whole folders to the list, like putting in 329/0-127 (using the hyphen will just add everything between those two numbers. Your list might end up looking like this:

329/0-127, test
330/0-127, test
331/0-127, test
332/0-127, test

After this, you check AltanaView and look at whatever list you updated (like Taru Feet I mentioned above). As you cycle through, most of the gear will look wrong, but the pieces that match up to the model properly will be meant for that race. Record which numbers they are, and update your list using those.
By SagaK 2016-01-12 09:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Now I know how to find stuff a lot easier. :D

I found Tarutaru feet in 330/88-94, plus a lot of other Tarutaru pieces in 330, I think it might be all the Escha - Zi'tah stuff. But, there's still a lot of stuff from previous updates that're missing from my lists, so I'll need to comb through every folder that came after the most recent lists I had (a year old or so).

Eventually I'll get it all sorted out and post an updated Tarutaru list here when it's done.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-01-19 12:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to be a pain. But i have a small mission for someone who maybe cares.
On some versions of altana viewer, you can load up as a "PC" character NPC models, like Lilisette as such, and use play their animations from cutscenes right?

Could anyone get this functioning for all of Iroha's models? Not her Trust version, as in the Iroha Cutscene models, and their specific animations.

Kind of need to be able to do this for a potential project i'm working on at the moment.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-19 14:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Had I more time, I could look into this. I'm fairly sure the motion lists are fully inclusive (at least, I recall playing with them to tinker with having unique emotes for screenshots). Would require a couple steps:

1) Find Iroha's files, which from memory should be between ROM/330-350 folders (as they have different versions through the expansion)
2) Update the PC list with those files
3) Scroll through the animations til you see the ones you want.

I remember playing with them and finding that there were a considerable amount of expressive animations from Aht Urghan era cutscenes, like you could make a Hume F /sit the way Nashmeira does when she watches her PUP-o-vision
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8