First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 18 19 20
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-06-04 13:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Anyone else find it awkward playing FFXI now that we know how awesome FFXIV is looking?
Like, everything that happens to me in FFXI...I'm so carefree. ><;

By carefree I mean like say in Dyna, my armor doesn't drop, again, but I didn't even get upset or anything, slept that night like a baby, thinking about possibilities in FFXIV.

you mean a world where your level 1, and when you get to an even like namis....your armor doesnt drop there?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-04 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Urial said:
you mean a world where your level 1, and when you get to an even like namis....your armor doesnt drop there?

What do you know of nami? Last time I checked there wasn't a namis-Kuftal tunnel...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-04 13:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be in love if SE does release it for 360, but it has to be along with everything else, since I'm getting this a.s.a.p., either PC or Ps3 (or 360 if it appears). Would make life easier instead of begging my father to swap systems since he uses the Ps3 for a BlueRay player in his room. Not like we play any games on it. ><;

Urial said:
Haseyo said:
Anyone else find it awkward playing FFXI now that we know how awesome FFXIV is looking?

By carefree I mean like say in Dyna, my armor doesn't drop, again, but I didn't even get upset or anything, slept that night like a baby, thinking about possibilities in FFXIV.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you just said bud, lol.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 13:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehehe.

I'm looking forward to getting a new laptop to play FFXIV on. >.> Get it all decked out and Windows 7 (probably SP1 by then). Will get a new Toshiba like the one I have... 17.1" widescreen and all that. =D

And then soon after FFXIV comes out... Windower for it. =D
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-04 13:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Hehehe.

I'm looking forward to getting a new laptop to play FFXIV on. >.> Get it all decked out and Windows 7 (probably SP1 by then). Will get a new Toshiba like the one I have... 17.1" widescreen and all that. =D

And then soon after FFXIV comes out... Windower for it. =D

Cheater :P

J/K ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 13:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Call me a cheater all you want! I loves me some windower action! lol

Seriously... You know FFXIV's gonna have a windower. I'm sure it'll have 'windowed mode' available from the get go... But Windower brings so many convenient features that I'm sure their dev team won't include.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-06-04 13:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

I know what you mean, after I heard about it yesterday, i logged on to XI, still had the XIV website open playing the new music, and I just wanted to play XIV already!

I'm hoping those weird airship thingies with wings are like one manned personal customizable airships! So you can get a pt together and all jump in your airships and fly in formation to camp :D (while taking out any other airships heading your way)
 Siren.Narayan
Server: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-06-04 13:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's funny this is already bought: http://www.ffxivah.com/
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Server: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2009-06-04 14:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Narayan said:
I think it's funny this is already bought: http://www.ffxivah.com/

The mods here set that up I think. It's mentioned on page 1 or 2
 Siren.Markii
Server: Siren
user: Markai
By Siren.Markii 2009-06-04 14:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah scragg posted a link. the admins who i meant when i said "they"
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 14:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. Scragg posted it on page 5. Well... At least we know we'll have an AH site should we need it in XIV.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 14:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, yeah I saw that at the bottom too.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-04 14:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing I was thinking of, while I'm doubtful they'll actually do it, is a customizable UI. That'd be pretty kewl, too.

This speculation is fun! ^^

I found an OLD FFXI forum on one of those MMO sites I got linked for my brother last night, reading all the stuff people were talking about concerning FFXI back in mid '03. It was interesting ^^
 Lakshmi.Jetio
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jetio
By Lakshmi.Jetio 2009-06-04 15:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So if it is PS3 exclusive, does this mean that it will be free? If so we could all still play FFXI and do FFXIV on the side. If its not, I hope they let us import characters because then it would be like a graphical upgrade for FFXI!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 15:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't let you import a character, end of story. Stop hoping for it, it isn't going to happen.

And.. I'm sure it will be pay to play monthly fee like XI is.
 Lakshmi.Alaric
Server: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-06-04 15:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw the previews for it, looks pretty good but not enough cs showing. I really wanted to see more of the playmode, I'm sure it will be kick @ss. We're gonna have to just wait and see.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 15:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that I miss tbh... Is fully rendered CS's. Sure, cs's with your character can't be... But what about all the others? They could easily do some FMV action on those. Even if it cranks the size way up.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-04 15:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
One thing that I miss tbh... Is fully rendered CS's. Sure, cs's with your character can't be... But what about all the others? They could easily do some FMV action on those. Even if it cranks the size way up.

Yeah, I mean, streaming video has come a LOOOOONG way...I'd be surprised if they didn't have some way to deliver pre-rendered CS's during the game, with voice. I know the new Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO is supposed to have voice for all their NPC's...it'd be kewl if S-E did that for at least some of them.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-06-04 15:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Call me a cheater all you want! I loves me some windower action! lol

Seriously... You know FFXIV's gonna have a windower. I'm sure it'll have 'windowed mode' available from the get go... But Windower brings so many convenient features that I'm sure their dev team won't include.

Hell, if normal FFXI included things like distance, showing Racc/Ratt/etc, and larger macro space, i'd gladly use it. i'm hoping that they realize this flaw and utilize such input in 14. i hate to compare ffxi to wow, let alone 14. but you can see basically everything down to the raw crit % you have... would be nice to see all this in 14.
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-06-04 15:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It was mentioned in an interview that while we won't be transferring character data as a whole, they are working on a way to transfer character names from XI to XIV. This way we still have a connection to our characters, but not gear and level.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-04 15:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetio said:
So if it is PS3 exclusive, does this mean that it will be free? If so we could all still play FFXI and do FFXIV on the side. If its not, I hope they let us import characters because then it would be like a graphical upgrade for FFXI!

As of now it's Ps3 and PC. They are considering Xbox 360 according to some sites. There will be a fee, it's an MMORPG. Any serious MMO will have a fee. There will be no importing, stated by SE. This game is completely different. This is not FFXI v2.0.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 15:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, would be really nice for big mission CS's to have it fully rendered with voice.

And yeah... If FFXI included all the things that Windower offers... There would be no reason to use the Windower anyway.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-04 15:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Jetio said:

As of now it's Ps3 and PC. They are considering Xbox 360 according to some sites. There will be a fee, it's an MMORPG. Any serious MMO will have a fee. There will be no importing, stated by SE. This game is completely different. This is not FFXI v2.0.

Even more reason to not play on 360...why pay for XBL and publisher fees? That always struck me as quite bogus...

I wanna see more specific system specs...but I know it'll be a while for that.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-04 16:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's not an issue for us that already have XBL, so it's very convient for us. I won't burn down an orphanage if they don't include Xbox 360, but it sure would make it easier for me.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-04 16:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Well it's not an issue for us that already have XBL, so it's very convient for us. I won't burn down an orphanage if they don't include Xbox 360, but it sure would make it easier for me.

I thought you were planning on playing on PS3?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-04 16:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's only if I have to. I prefer to play on a console of some sort. And even then, I don't know if my dad will let me use it since I basically took every other console he has had in the past, so I may have to do PC and get a controller. ><;
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-04 16:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
That's only if I have to. I prefer to play on a console of some sort. And even then, I don't know if my dad will let me use it since I basically took every other console he has had in the past, so I may have to do PC and get a controller. ><;

DO EET!

It's gotta be better then a console. More convenient, for sure. PC>all. ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-04 16:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I agree. PC > all. I'd need a keyboard to play on a console. I don't see how people play FFXI with a controller tbh.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 18 19 20