New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 253 254 255
By Titanfoo 2016-04-13 17:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

what would the best Metsu cape be? and is it worth making?
By Titanfoo 2016-04-13 19:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Titanfoo said: »
what would the best Metsu cape be? and is it worth making?

OH YA, good question lol
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-13 23:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I went with DEX20/ATT-ACC20/WSDMG10% and its been doing great for me.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-04-14 01:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hey could anyone post Best sets, minus HQ abjs? Everything is so out of date on the nin forums....
By Arcto 2016-04-16 00:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing countless dragons and shiva I realized how much more potent defense down from GEO really is for blade ten to shine. With idris geo doing frailty Ten will do average 18k where without frailty Shun still outperforms averaging ~10.5k.

Levi is just weird with its' defensive mechanics..
[+]
 Asura.Kendoh
user: Crappy
By Asura.Kendoh 2016-04-18 13:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
hey could anyone post Best sets, minus HQ abjs? Everything is so out of date on the nin forums....

I'm interested in this as well.
I've been away for quite some times , been scrolling up and down this thread and the "Ninja Equipment set" one , but I'm still confused as of which set are up to date.
Thx for any kind souls :)
By Lilmartio 2016-04-18 21:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 343278
This is what i use, can swap out things you don't have with NQ abjs. Augments you'll want acc/att+15(+) and TA+3~4. STR/DEX/AGI is just an added bonus really. For ws, depends on which you use for Hi its basically the same gear set(minus earrings, rings and back) except different augments, acc/att+15(+), Crit Dmg+3~5, and AGI+10~15 (AGI isn't necessary but higher dmg).

I do apologize for the sloppiness I was just surfing the forums during work (shame on me!) and saw this and when I got home I made my tp/ws set. If anything I'll make a neater version of my sets when I have time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-04-19 14:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: above TP set, some accessory changes:

- Petrov Ring over Rajas
- Andartia's Mantle over Iga
- Necklace can vary based on acc needs, but I usually use Erudition or Lissome over Asperity

Otherwise this pretty much looks like my TP set too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-04-19 14:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hetairoi ring is a good option as well.
 Asura.Kendoh
user: Crappy
By Asura.Kendoh 2016-04-21 00:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for posting your set.
I'm actually wielding Kikoku 121 main and Raicho +1 sub (I don"t have access to Kanaria yet). Is there a Store TP value I should aim ? or the stat is irrelevant nowadays compare to DA/TA.

Thx~
By Bahadir 2016-04-21 06:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Did someone test what the "Mikage+5" on the new JSE cape is about?
 Asura.Fragiledream
user: Faapdiope
By Asura.Fragiledream 2016-04-23 04:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I get +1 shadow with Ichi with new Mantle, but I don't get it with Ni. I don't have San, but its already been said in this thread it gets +1 as well. Anyone else experiencing this bug?
 Odin.Miniman
Server: Odin
user: Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2016-04-25 07:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fragiledream said: »
So I get +1 shadow with Ichi with new Mantle, but I don't get it with Ni. I don't have San, but its already been said in this thread it gets +1 as well. Anyone else experiencing this bug?

I had this happen with my gearswap too, it wasn't coming in fast enough to count for the cast. I fixed it by including the cape in both precast and midcast for utsusemi. Someone else might be able to offer a more comprehensive solution, but this ended up working for me.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2016-04-25 07:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »

Probably a translation error. It says Migawari +5 in the Japanese version.

Maybe the Japanese one is wrong, but not likely.
[+]
 Asura.Fragiledream
user: Faapdiope
By Asura.Fragiledream 2016-04-25 08:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Miniman said: »

I had this happen with my gearswap too, it wasn't coming in fast enough to count for the cast. I fixed it by including the cape in both precast and midcast for utsusemi. Someone else might be able to offer a more comprehensive solution, but this ended up working for me.

I don't equip another back piece and it still only gives me 4 shadows for Ni.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-04-25 09:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn on your showswaps and be doubly sure that it's putting it on pre/midcast.

(gs showswaps) then proceed to cast Utsu Ni.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-25 09:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How are judging how many shadows you are receiving?

Edit:: I assume you are just looking at the Utsusemi Shadow icon, and thinking that is your actual number of Shadows. This is NOT the case. The icon is identical for all shadows 4 or more. (The icon actually says 4+)

Just tested. Just like Emp Feet+2/109/119, the gear has to be equipped when the spell goes off.
Your base Ni shadows is 4
with only Emp Feet+2/109/119, its 5
with only cape, its 5
with cape and feet, its 6
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-25 10:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Bahadir said: »

Probably a translation error. It says Migawari +5 in the Japanese version.

Maybe the Japanese one is wrong, but not likely.

Makes sense then. None of the other capes boosted 1hrs that I know of. Anyone think that sometimes Migawari + gear is actually hurtful? Say for instance on Selkit - Earthbreaker vs Scissors, wouldn't a Scissors burn your Migawari even if you were saving for Earthbreaker while he has Sharp Strike and Mighty Strikes up?

Also, under what circumstances would you use Mujin back over the new back for Utsu? I could see fights that like to do AoE magic frequently and using the back to push timers down when not getting shadows depleted often by melee strikes/tp moves.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-25 11:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Also, under what circumstances would you use Mujin back over the new back for Utsu? I could see fights that like to do AoE magic frequently and using the back to push timers down when not getting shadows depleted often by melee strikes/tp moves.
A cape augmented with Fast Cast+10 would provide better recast than Mujin unless you're already capped on FC.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-25 11:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

How are judging how many shadows you are receiving?

Edit:: I assume you are just looking at the Utsusemi Shadow icon, and thinking that is your actual number of Shadows. This is NOT the case. The icon is identical for all shadows 4 or more. (The icon actually says 4+)

Just tested. Just like Emp Feet+2/109/119, the gear has to be equipped when the spell goes off.
Your base Ni shadows is 4
with only Emp Feet+2/109/119, its 5
with only cape, its 5
with cape and feet, its 6

So with all that San gives 7 shadows? Wow ninja is hard to kill.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-04-25 12:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

13 shadows from san and ni combined since yall never need to cast ichi. 11 was OP already as is.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-25 13:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the thing about Migawari vs Mikage confirmed?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-04-25 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is this game atm has to much aoe spam thats not shadow absorbed... I wish they would change that.
By Titanfoo 2016-04-25 20:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I love nin, it is one of my favorite jobs, but anyone that has played run/nin should know there is a new king of shadow tanking. I still think a very well geared/skilled nin can tank. but after playing run/nin I mostly use my nin to DD for fun.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-04-26 00:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I love nin, it is one of my favorite jobs, but anyone that has played run/nin should know there is a new king of shadow tanking. I still think a very well geared/skilled nin can tank. but after playing run/nin I mostly use my nin to DD for fun.
Havent played since before Reisenjima and I cant deny RUN was good vs mdmg yet I've tried dual tanking NIN+RUN. How exactly and when did RUN overtake NIN on shadow tanking? I never seen such when playing. Maybe I missed something. /NIN became laughable w/ 3 shadow NI and Ichi horrendous casting times. NIN w/ san + ni 11~13 shadows shouldnt be out "shadow tanked" by anyone including RUN /NIN no?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-26 00:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN is cool for taking less elemental damage. But as far as shadow tanking and dealing damage goes, run is bad compared to nin.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-26 00:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Havent played since Reisenjima and I cant deny RUN was good vs mdmg yet I've tried dual tanking NIN+RUN. How exactly and when did RUN overtake NIN on shadow tanking? I never seen such when playing. Maybe I missed something.

Shadow tanking on RUN isn't new, it's been around for years. It exists mostly because RUN has capped FC. Also parry can proc before shadow absorb, with high parry rate RUN shadows tend to last quite a while. RUN also has a lot of enmity generation spells/ja that NIN may not have, makes it good at keeping hate and shadow tank.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-04-26 00:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

None of what you said was in question. RUN is great tanking many things but does it do blink tanking better than NIN itself using Ichi /NIN?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-26 00:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

/NIN became laughable w/ 3 shadow NI and Ichi horrendous casting times. NIN w/ san + ni 11~13 shadows shouldnt be out "shadow tanked" by anyone including RUN /NIN no?

Not when RUN has capped FC and insane parry rate. Also when Titanfoo mentioned "king of shadow tanking" he probably meant more than just having lots of shadows, but more about the entire package that a tank job can offer.....such as enmity generation spells/ja/job traits.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-26 00:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

None of what you said was in question. RUN is great tanking many things but does it do blink tanking better than NIN itself using Ichi /NIN?

Honestly with capped FC, against things that can be shadow tanked it's not hard to keep shadows up entire time with just ichi/ni.
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 253 254 255